Are Pokemon designs getting progressively worse? Even the recent movie and XY&Z shill gen 1

Are Pokemon designs getting progressively worse? Even the recent movie and XY&Z shill gen 1.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=TYw0mQ62rI4
nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/pokemon_sun_and_moon_along_with_3ds_led_2016_sales_in_japan
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, they aren't
The reason gen 1 is being pandered to is because many of the returning players only played gen 1

>Even the movie and series made during the celebration of the 20th anniversary of the series celebrate how it all started
Wooooooow

There was definitely a drop in quality around the time of diamon/pearl, and black/white too, but I think we're recovering. While they were case-by-case decent enough, they didn't really seem consistent. Gen1 was pretty much all "what if everything alive that wasn't people was pokemon", but after you do that what else is there?
Haven't seen the movies so no idea about that.

My definition of a good pokemon is throw it into pokemon snap. Is there a place for it? Does it work with the rest of the vanilla pokemon there?

Worse. Now they're even getting lazier by simply giving different forms and changing the types of pre-existing Pokemon from previous Gens rather than come up with new Pokemon with those types. Why do we need a Vulpix ice type?

Gen 1 did have some bad designs but the ratio to good ones was low. Now it's the complete opposite. You might get a handful of good designs per gen now.

Nah, designs were at their absolute worst in Gen 2, and it's been on an upswing ever since.

>LOL can't have Ash winning the fucking league, now can we? Yeah, we've never defined "Pokemon Master," or what that actually is, but fuck you
>what was that? Charizard was getting his ass handed to him by Greninja throughout the entire match and the one time his attack clashes with Greninja, Greninja loses? Guess Ash needs to connect with Greninja on a deeper level lmao

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE FUCKING NIPS. what the fuck did they want Ash to do? To literally fuck Greninja?

Fuck off OP, you and Pokemon can fuck right off.

Tbh I think even the staff that worked on animating and voicing the episode felt the Kalos loss was fucking bullshit. Which it was. It was pure editorial mandate. Ash was built up as a winner and made to lose last second by jobbing hard.

>Pokemon continues to go nowhere in it's boring rehash hamsterwheel
>Designs are quickly going to shit

How is it that Digimon has stayed so much more consistent in it's quality? Hell the games even blew the fuck out of Pokemon recently

>gen 1
>lizard with fire tail
>turtle but with a curly tail
>literally a caterpillar, cocoon and butterfly
>bee
>3 poorly drawn birds, 2 of which are exactly the same
>purple mouse
>fat rat
>2 more poorly drawn birds
>purple sneks
>pink pikachu
>pink pikachu with wings
>pink circle
>fat pink circle
>bat
>big bat
>crab
>hermit crab
>purple circle
>moth
>brown lump
>3 brown lumps that are angry
>cat
>big cat
>duck
>blue duck
>tadpole
>plant with legs
>plant with no legs
>same plant but with teeth
>rock with arms
>rock with more arms
>boulder
>literally a seal
>goop
>big goop
>black ball
>rocks lined up
>literally a crab
>big crab
>ball
>ball with eyebrows
>eggs
>seahorse
>angry seahorse
>star
>double star
>red fish
>pink blob
>fossils
>big blob man
yeah gen 1 designs were really creative

better trainer won

Ash is like Sisyphus or Prometheus before him.
Doomed to get to the top of the hill (the tournament) only to get knocked back down again.
Or it's probably just shitty writing, more likely.

The gen 1 pandering is done to get that sweet, sweet nostalgia money. It has nothing to do with gen 1 designs being good. Most of them are pretty uninspired to be honest. Even Charizard; it's just an orange, badly proportioned lizard thing with Aerodactyl's head. I guarantee you people would shit on gen 1 Pokemon if they were released gen 3 or later.

no because gen 2 introd awful baby pokemon

>>How is it that Digimon has stayed so much more consistent in it's quality
It's easy to stay consistent in your quality when you start out as literal shit.

with better girl too

But Digimon has always had higher quality then "literally a ball" pokemon

I bet you think a purple rat is a good design

That Mega Charizard still pisses me off.
The thing tanked a super effective Thunderbolt from Pikachu before mega evolving. Then it took out a Super Saiyan Greninja, by overpowering a Kaioken X100 Water Shuriken with a friggin fire type move. Fucking bullshit writing.

I'll take literally a ball and a purple rat any day over what ever the fuck that clusterfuck is supposed to be.

Wait, there are digimon that AREN'T just yiffyaff the yellow fox?

Oh Japan. Even Pokemon has Loli pandering over there.

>A yellow lizard wearing a simple two color skin
>clusterfuck

Sounds like you may have autism

Modern Pokemon design are closer to Digimon than Pokemon 1stgen design

That's the problem
They lost their touch
Pokemon don't feel "real"

I think there are technically over 1,000 unique Digimon, but I couldn't name any besides Agumon.

Real anymore*

>Modern Pokemon design are closer to Digimon than Pokemon 1stgen design

Modern pokemon are rainbow barf moeblobs. How are they anything like Digimon?

They're still making digimon?

>Tfw Digimon has better monster designs than any gen of pokemon

I can't decipher your objective. Are you defending Gen 1 from everything, or are you implying that monstrosity you posted is well designed?

How the fuck is Golemon badly designed?

Exhibits A and B:
No, most Digimon are painful to look at. I'm not saying most Pokemon are beautiful, but steaming piles of dog shit are more attractive than Digimon.

yep

>No, most Digimon are painful to look at.

But they aren't. Hell Digimon mostly consist of softer colours so.....

of course. japan has to japan

>Complain about LITERALLY MY MOM'S DOG/CAT
>Pokémon don't feel real anymore
SO WHICH IS IT?

both are shit. Pokemon in general has the blandest monster designs in the industry

Jade cocoon best. Fuck poke and digi mons

Where do I begin?
>Piss yellow color with no accent colors
>Stupidly oversized hands and feet
>Random, angular design that exhibits no consistency
>Weird half mask affixed to nothing with a leather belt
>Randomly applied ropes
>Inconsistent scale shapes (honestly looks like someone just doodled a golem and went with the first draft)
>Horn on the side of his head
>Two tiny back volcanoes that don't serve a logical purpose
>Random staples and shrapnel on his feet

>Tfw no matter what, you will never EVER be as permanently salty, buttfrustrated and permanently BTFO at being not even second anymore but third fucking fiddle in the monster collector ranks as fucking Digimonfags
The only way they can gather any attention is by starting a stink in Pokémon threads. It's really quite pathetic, AND hilarious.

>Even Pokemon has Loli pandering over there.
>over there
>While it was 4kids that shipped MistyxAsh hard

It's not the colors (though the two I referenced are ugly colors). It's the fact most Digimon look like rejected doodles from Anime boardroom meetings.

the games have gotten unbearably bad, and theyre on one of the worst consoles of all time (3ds polygons on a 240p screen)

but they sell a lot

pokemon is basically star wars films or marvel comic films at this point

good? no. but boy does it sell to normies.

That's just shipping two kids. It's a bit different from Loli pandering. Lysandre excitedly asking Alain dating if he was dating a "small" 10 year old is Loli pandering.

Digimons doing better than ever though senpai

Isn't Alain himself like, 12-13? It's not that bad.

nostalgiabait so the original Pokefags are more likely to go see it with their kids

>Piss yellow color

Granite yellow

>with no accent colors

Digimon uses hard shading. Golemon also has all the black gear on him to contrast with the yellow

>Stupidly oversized hands and feet

It gives him a more defined shape, a better silhouette, and emphasizes that he's a fucking rock golem. These are the kind of things pokemon would never use because it creates monsters to be bland and marketable

>Random, angular design

>Random, angular design that exhibits no consistency

Are you seriously complaining about a rock monster being angular? I just.. WHAT?

>Weird half mask affixed to nothing with a leather belt

It looks cool. It also makes his head clearly stand out against his yellow body.

>Inconsistent scale shapes

That's just not true.

>Two tiny back volcanoes that don't serve a logical purpose

They're funnels that shoot heated gas. Sulfur Plume is what the attack is called.

>Random staples and shrapnel on his feet

Real golems are frankenstein monsters created from earth. That's what Golemon is supposed to be.

So. How is he a bad design again?

>It's the fact most Digimon look like rejected doodles from Anime boardroom meetings.

But they don't so....

You sound mad

>The games have gotten unbearably bad
What are you talking about? The modern games are basically fine tuned versions of the original games, which remove the horrible glitches and type imbalances of gen 1. Take off the nostalgia goggles. If you liked gen 1, there isn't a real logical reason to despise the modern games.

>linear
>piss easy
>focus on garbage story

How is this a good game?

I already explained why it's a piece of shit. I stand by every critique I made. There is no point making more critiques, because you would just autsitically say: "Nu-uh! That makes it cool!" to anything I would say.

That's not an argument, user. I'm gonna take a page out of your book and simply retort: but they do.

Exactly. Your shitpost falls apart at the slightest bit of pressure.

Go google more art terms, maybe you'll sound smarter next time

>no proof

Exactly.

It's like they said how much more of an asspull can we make for him to lose we had a gary-stu oc appear out of nowhere for one league just to crush Ash with a team of legendary pokemon how can we top that?

Because custom raising Pokemon, catching Pokemon, and trading/battling with friends and people online is fun.
Pokemon was never meant to be an intense single player JRPG. Play Persona or something if that's what you want.

They were complaining publicly on twitter, animators, writers and even voice actors.

>press a
>watch cutscene

Yawn. Where's the fun?

>I watch the digimon show in english

one word. 4kidz

No. My critiques stand. There is simply no point arguing with an autist who will simply contradict any opinion counter to his.
At this point it has nothing to do with art. You just won't objectively look at your beloved creature. You would defend it even if the world's best art critic gave you a 100 page document outlining why Golemon is badly designed.

For Pokemon. No. They are more simplistic, but not really terrible.

But the new fucking Digimon look like garbage.

Get over it fags. Pokemon doesn't exist to be an actual series. It exists to be a constant loop of you spending money on the exact same things every 20 months.

Pokemon isn't ever going to change. Pokemon is never going to give ash an ending. Get over it. You'll keep buying it no matter what

4kidz dubbed pokémon too and that was good. Digifags have no excuse.

>My critiques stand.

I've already shown that they don't though. Sounds like you just don't know about art

Can we stop with this lazy meme? Sun and Moon have 15 total minutes of cut scenes.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=TYw0mQ62rI4
Basically any AAA game has several times that.

>JELLY DONUTS

Yeah no

>Sluts cosplaying or metal knights
>quality

AAA games also have gameplay

You're literally watching a different show with digimon with actual plot if you go subs

Look at this slut! It's very clearly just a cosplayer!

>Digimon added following Digimon as a permanent feature 15 years ago

What's Pokemon's excuse? Why is Gamefreak so disgustingly lazy?

You still don't deny that you are just a contrarian autist, who would defend his Digimon at any cost.
Also, what are you on about with me not knowing art? Are you the global authority on art or something? I could just as easily say you don't know art, so therefore your opinions/defenses of Golemon are dumb.

So does Pokemon.
It's irrelavant if you personally don't like the gameplay.
Besides, most AAA games' gameplay is just walking around, and sometimes fire a gun or swing a sword. That's not exactly groundbreaking.

>So does Pokemon.

Cutscenes aren't gameplay

I feel like more designs are becoming design-focused. Like so many Pokemon have personalities set around their design. Like compare Charizard to Incineroar.

Charizard is pretty distinct design-wise, but his personality is pretty fill in the blank, contrast to Incineroar who's entire design and identity is based around being a heel wrestler.

>You still don't deny that you are just a contrarian autist

mhmm ad homenim. The mating call of someone with no arguments left. As expected.

We already established the game only has 15 minutes of cutscenes. Are you just going to be a broken record and ignore the hundreds of battles you have in a Pokemon play through?

Fuck off ACfag

>1v1 RPG
>"""gameplay"""

It's literally just mash one command until the other guy is dead. That's not gameplay

>QTE isn't gamplay

I like Digimon designs better than Pokemon

It's ACfag. Every thing that does not involve direct input from the player is a cutscene to him. He's so deluded by his autism that he thinks the gameplay of pokémon ends when you press the button to issue a command and every battle animation and opponent turns count as "a cutscene"

>everyone who calls out my infantile rehash is a boogeyman!!

lol. I think you've begun to realize that pokemon isn't actually good

You only got so many animals and mythological creatures that you can copy. How many Pokemon are there now? 800?

>Everyone who doesn't like rehashmon is a single person

I'm glad the Yokai game killed you faggots

>Lazily naming logical fallacies, to avoid addressing any criticisms or having to provide any evidence that he isn't just an autistic contrarian who would dismiss any and all evidence against his opinion.

>I'm glad the Yokai game killed you faggots
lol, how delusional can you be?

It literally sells more. Pokemon had to turn the anime into a clone to survive for fucks sake

Only a retard like ACfag would ever argue that Pokémon has literally no gameplay.

All this shitposting and not a SINGLE counter argument to be found. Kind disappointing :(

>It literally sells more
What did he mean by this?
nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/pokemon_sun_and_moon_along_with_3ds_led_2016_sales_in_japan

Now I'm just curious. What is gameplay? Do you have to be frantically inputting commands? If that's the case only fighting games and Starfcraft have gameplay.

I would just like if we had more interactions with Pokemon in the games. Not entirely sure how to word it but it seems strange you only use Pokemon for battle and HM moves. You never really do much with them outside of that.

Maybe a better focus on training and raising outside of combat or more clever ways to use Pokemon outside of battle for movement or puzzles. I think a game focused on the beauty/pageant system could be more fun than a combat focused game if done right.

>ITT: Sup Forums genwunners get triggered about the thought of pokemon past gen 1
take off your nostalga goggles. Gen 1 is old and outdated.

>Only a retard like ACfag would ever argue that Pokémon has literally no gameplay.

source? Prove that he is the only one who would ever make this argument

>What is gameplay?

lol the pokefag WOULD be asking this

>only 3 million in japan

holy shit YW3 literally outsold the best pokemon launch ever.

>haven't played since red/blue
>just got a 3ds and hacked it
Should I just skip to sun/moon or play the older games first?