Has anyone signed up for the Quake Champions Beta from Bethesda...

Has anyone signed up for the Quake Champions Beta from Bethesda? I've given it about an hour of my time and I've realize a few things:

- Rocket launcher spread damage decreased
- Similar to vanilla QL movement speed
- Hit registry is excellent
- The abilities give that "bullshit" feeling

Over all it seems pretty good. I've had the most fun on team deathmatch so far. What else have you experienced?

Yes. I've had the email in my inbox with my spot in the beta for a while now. Haven't even opened it.

Frankly don't care. Recently moved and don't even have a desk yet for my computer, so obviously high speed shooters won't work for my setup right now.

I've just experienced shilling from a novice social marketeer. Please polish up your pitch and summary, it's highly plastic and artificial.

Are you for real nigel?

please respond for Q&A mr. shill, or I am forwarding this to your bosses. You have 10 minutes or until this thread expires.

you fucked up, son. You know Sup Forums is autistic enough to reach out to Bethesda PR.

What are the patch notes for this weekend

What am I shilling for? I'm just wondering Sup Forums's opinion and experience with the game. And yes I do admit I had a horrible entrance to this thread.

To the Sup Forums hivemind, speaking good about a game is consireded shilling. You will have better chance to get some opinion here and on /vg/ at the end of the weekend.

>the wait to get into a match

Make it stop.

Anyone else having latency issues? The game is literally unplayable for me right now. I'm teleporting all over the god damn place.

if u play overwatch after qc comes out you have a slim boner and a small dick but if you play qc then you have a fat boner and a big dick

u know its true

as someone that played a bunch of quake 1/2/3 its good

>376076216
Stop ruining Anarki's waifu with your shitty pasta.

Not to mention how long it takes for the actual application to start.

>TDM
>my team doesn't teamfight
>their team does
>my team doesn't try to control the map or quad
>their team does

every time

Pretty good, still needs a lot of work though.

- netcode is bad
- rocket launcher lacks the directness of the Q3/QL version
- needs a server browser
- lack of matchmaking leads to some very one sided games
- dmg bonus on zoom with rail and hmg is bullshit
- lack of content
- duel mode is weird, I don't like it
- long waiting times between matches
- slow loading times, even with an SSD
- mouse movement doesn't feel quite as fluid as earlier quakes (no raw input?)

but I've played quite a lot last week and overall it's a fun game, seems to be heading in the right direction. The abilities don't really keep it from feeling like a quake game, this is still a fast paced arena shooter first and foremost.

>- duel mode is weird, I don't like it
Please elaborate on this, I haven't played duel yet.

it's basically an elimination game where each player has 3 champions. Not necessarily a bad gamemode I suppose, but it's nothing like classic quake dueling.

Rocket Launcher change is a bug or something, it'll be fixed. There's a good webm that shows the changes but i don't have it.

Speaking of webms, how often do people actually record gameplay not abiding by the beta agreement?

you get to pick three champions and take them into the match, and you play a best of three rounds match. the three champions are treated as lives, you lose a life, you respawn as a different champion. whoever has all their champions killed is the loser of the round, and then the next round begins. abilities are enabled. armors, mega, and weapons are all on the maps so they can be controlled.

Can you pick the same champion 3 times or do they have to be different?

I kind of like Sorlag's acid spit. Maybe not the best ability, but with the lack of a grenade launcher it does fill a void. Pretty effective in crowded TDMs.

too many goddamn ragequitters

"I'm gonna flip you like a table"

so fucking cringy with those reddit memes

the only game to do multiplayer character banter well was old tf2.

overwatch is a complete cringe fest with everyone trying to outdo each other in being the biggest snowflake possible. even monday night combat was just as bad.

>Visible timers on items
>Announcer for quad damage
>"Abilities" on characters

you can't pick duplicates

gotta be competitive, squawk!

Half the players still don't go for the major items. Maybe the quad but it's like nobody even cares about the mega.

I seriously hate that characters have different stats. I could tolerate passives and abilities if it were just that.

The only bullet point that was advertised in the email was this week having all champions unlocked right away

I think it's justified during this beta because matchmaking straight up does not exist.
>level 1
>level 2
>level 1
>level 33

it's because the default weapon is a pos

Then stick to FFA. I've been in very unbalanced games too but I won't fuck over teammates by abandoning them just because we're losing. I don't really mind losing because the other team is leaps and bounds better, but losing because half the team quit and it's a 4 on 2 rapefest is just frustrating.

ive been playing since the first week and agree with this post except im not convinced zoom rail doing more damage is bad outside of it being different, zoom HMG damage is bad though, it can rival LG in some situations

IDK zoomed rail doing 100 dmg seems a bit much considering the low health pool of certain characters.

but on the other hand it seems alright because of the high health pool of some characters

i think some of the heavies stacked can eat 4-5 80dmg rails and still live which seems kind of silly

true... imbalance is inherent to the whole concept of different characters with different stats and abilities it seems. I guess they'll have to figure it out along the way and keep tweaking as the meta game develops.