Don't mind me, just being the best Sonic game out there

Don't mind me, just being the best Sonic game out there.

bumpitty bump bump bumpitty

Sonic heroes was mediocre at best. Pic related is the real best sonic game out there.

Just fuck off you damn plebs.

You didn't post the right version.

DUDE
10 MINUTE LEVELS
LMAO

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Clusterfuck level design and traveling to the past/future was annoying to pull off. Nowhere near the best you faggot

It's genuinely awesome. It's serious, but not edgy serious or mind numbingly silly.

Game has a shit ton of problems but honestly its still fun.

no

also no

definitely no

I hate this complaint so much. Now we're at the other end of the spectrum where the average level is over within 3 minutes, and each game using this format has to be bogged down by some half-assed alternative playstyle just to artificially extend the game to a playtime that's almost just barely worth the 60$ asking price. Heroes really was the best 3D Sonic game in terms of level, art design, and length. Adventure 2 beats it in style, music and writing, Unleashed has the best graphics, and Generations has the most fun gameplay.

Literally only played this for the chao garden. Would make one fun mobile game. Walk around to collect animals, use to make your chao better. Would be pretty entertaining.

>Now we're at the other end of the spectrum where the average level is over within 3 minutes
That's a good length for a level though. 3-5 mins are roughly how long levels take in the Genesis games too.
It's long enough to be interesting without dragging on like in Heroes.

Heroes just repeats the same portions of the level multiple times to have an artificial length.

Those levels were too fucking long and switching between the characters slowed down the action too much.

He's not wrong though. Chao Garden Adventure 2 Battle is the best game in the Chao Garden series.

Holy shit, I literally compared chao garden to a mobile game while explaining it to my friend the other day. Nothing wrong with that though, considering its unreasonably interesting.

Anyone who defends Sonic Heroes hasn't played it recently and are only going off of memory.

This

Sonic Heroes was pure garbage. Obviously you are underage and it was your first sonic game.

Switching of the characters was instantaneous you retarded fucking lying bastard

>but not edgy serious
pic related

These days I've seen people say things like:
>Unleashed is better than Generations
Heck, I see kids these days defending Sonic 06, the game that was basically Adventure 3.

I wouldn't say pure garbage. There's things to like about it. It's pretty bad though.

Pure garbage would be reserved for something like 06 which is completely broken or Chronicles/Boom which have literally nothing going for them.

They tried to make it sort of mobile when it was on the dreamcast. Those VMU memory cards in the controller could have chao put in them for extra stuff when you take them places.

I don't see why sega hasn't capitalized on this yet.

Fuck off faggot, the classics are overrated as shit and the modern games are bleh. The Adventure era titles are truly Sonic at his best

In their defense, 06 tried to be Adventure 3. Tried.

Nuh, its not adventure 3 because chao garden or something or whatever bullshit argument people come up with

Unleashed is better than Generations. The daytime stages at least.

Nah.

To be fair, I do think Unleashed gets a bit too much flack. Generations is a much more solid game all the way through, but to me, Unleashed has higher peaks and a great sense of style with the continents and such. Fuck the entire endgame though

LET'S BLAST THROUGH WITH SONIC SPEED

OKAY

ALRIGHT

If 06 was meant to be Adventure 3, it'd be called that.

But 3D Sonic games aren't on the Genesis. This is the thing that's holding the franchise back, this constant over reliance on walking through the shadows of nostalgia without the proper understanding of WHY things were the way they were, and HOW they worked so well. If Nintendo went forward with the Mario franchise like Sega/Sonic fans do with Sonic now, Mario 64 would have been a claustrophobic and bland point-A to point-B obstacle course through 1-1, 1-2, and Bowser's Castle, instead of the legendary fully original wide open adventure that it was.

A 35 minute long game (assuming the standard 7 stages) for 60$ in this age is more than abysmal, it's a huge ripoff. As far as the current gameplay formula is concerned, there's no learning curve or replayability involved because current-gen gamers find any sort of unexpected death or difficulty swing to be cheap or unfair. You also can't simply just "add more levels", because the boost formula is incredibly expensive to develop for with its 3 mile long hand-crafted racetracks. The formula is completely unsustainable, and saying 3-5 minutes is fine because that was the standard in the 90's is woefully ignorant.

Fuck eggmanland

WOOOOAH MY HEAD'S SPINNING

Because Sonic 4 is very much that.

Holy shit that was fast sonic fast

no. characters control weird, the only ones with good gameplay are sonic and shadow. tail's levels are boring smash b levels. knuckles hide n seek levels are boring and annoying

Daytime Eggmanland is probably the most well designed level in the entire boost series.

I loved Eggmanland conceptually but holy shit what a goddamn way to end the game. Especially going for the hotdog missions

So why doesn't Jedi Outcast have Dark Forces in the title?

I think Unleashed gets flack, but the main problem I have with it is that Sonic does not handle well in terms of raw platforming.

Also the homing attack button being shared with boost is really odd.

>Also the homing attack button being shared with boost is really odd.
But this was only on 360, wasn't it?

>But 3D Sonic games aren't on the Genesis.
Of course. I just used them as examples of well paced levels. It gets tiring having to do these huge 10-15 minute long level.
Mystic Mansion especially was a drag.

Not as bad as I thought it would be/10

>I don't see why sega hasn't capitalized on this yet.

There's a reason why Sega failed.

Nay, PS3 had Homing Attack on square
I believe the PS2 version was the only one you could homing attack on the same button as jump
And Wii with the gamecube controller i guess

Yeah, Gens does the slower platforming parts a bit better, and homing attack on jump instead of the boost is just common sense. I will say though, Unleashed has this sort of presentation that I feel Generations missed a bit; I get a much bigger rush from a perfect run of say, Jungle Joyride than Gens Speed Highway.

That doesn't look 2D.

Legit best Sonic game coming through

>(293 KB, 640x360)
I see no Z level there

I enjoy the Adventure games (and Heroes), but I wouldn't call them good

They're like those little flawed c-grade gems

You clearly don't know what edgy means.

Only 2D Sonic can be called "best"
Only the Genesis Sonic games can be called "best"
Only Sonic 3 and Knuckles can be called "best"
Because it is.

>king of shit mountain

Whatever happened to the sonic games that involved all the characters? We need more

>shadow
>omega
>metal sonic
>team chaotix
>silver(maybe)

Whatever happened to these people?

B+ grade gems***

GIVE AMY HER OWN GAME! SHE'S CUTE AND I LOVE HER!

SEGA still hasn't got over everyone complaints about having to play as Sonic's friends ever since Heroes
I remember they proudly announcing that Unleashed only had Sonic playable like it was yesterday
Hhhhehehehehheh
Fuck

>Bunch of new characters
>Bunch of new fanfiction tier story
>Constantly breaking up playing the game for more and more crappy story
What the hell were they thinking when they made the jump from 2D to 3D?

Kill yourself. Classic fanboys are so annoying cancerous and delusional. It's about damn time Adventure fags took a stand

Sonic Heroes came out in 2003, how the fuck would he be underaged? It was my 3rd and I'm 20.

Doesn't look like Generations to me.

SA 2 is laughable garbage. While not quite as bad, it's in the same "so bad it's actually entertaining" boat like 2006.

Adding depth and expanding the universe is a bad thing? Why is this so taboo for Sonic? Why are you such a retarded piece of shit?

This, tired of adventure 1 and 2 being cut down. They're some of the best sonic games.

That game's fucking nuts.

Sonic adventure 2 is good you contrarian fuck.

Would be if you fixed some of the fundamental issues like level repetition, control, and method of unlocking the final act.
Absolutely stupid plot, fuck the mech levels, Mad Space and Security Hall both blow shit. Had the best chao garden, though. It's my #2.
I agree. My favorite.

There's only a handful of cutscenes in SA2 that lasts longer than a minute, most of them are just setting up the next zone not too dissimilar to 3&K, Heroes barely had any story at all
Though personally i don't mind the cutscenes it became troublesome from Colors onwards, those cutscenes has no purpose whatsoever aside from spitting out unfunny jokes in the middle of a really lackluster story, i mean fuck, if you're already putting that much cutscenes anyway then at least make it something worthwhile to watch

I actually don't hate Adventures, I'd just suggest if SEGA would go back to that, cut all but Sonic's gameplay and go S3&K style with characters (Sonic based with 1 unique ability). That and Chao Garden and you're golden

Until than, only the Classics can be called "best", etc, etc.

Bring back the Anime storylines, they were fucking stupid and hilarious

It's the worst game I've ever finished.

The story is no masterpiece, but it's still entertaining and the mech levels weren't bad at all.

The story and dialog are both abysmal. Fucking laughable at times.

And I'm not even counting the terrible animation.

No, it's not abysmal or laughable at all.

>worst
>When you actually wasted money on Sonic """""4"""""
>Both episodes even
Kill yourself.

I laughed when Sonic did the Bruce Lee pose

>PC version
well there's your problem; DC, GC, PS3/360 or bust

>Looking further than the first game on that list

It objectively is.
Unless you're some 8 y'old kid and just don't know any better.
It's horrific.

No, there's no problem.
The game ran perfectly.

I'm not saying sonic has award winning writing, but you're just hating it because it's cool to hate it.

it definitely is. Partially because they didn't bother adjusting the timing of the cutscenes in the dub resulting in people interrupting each other.

>objectively
Not an argument. You're just a bunch of classicfags hating it because it's cool.

And how the hell you spend 20 hours on this?

How exactly is the plot """""""horrific"""""?

episode 2 was good

Say what you will about Heroes, there is NO REASON why they shouldn't do a sequel which fixes all the game's problems.
Apart from glitches I personally think the game was perfect.
The game would include new teams but here are my ideas:

>Flight characters can now be controlled normally, and their flight mechanics are only activated after a double jump.

New Teams:
Team Sol: Blaze and Silver. A special unlockable duo with unique game play compared to the usual "fly, power, speed" mechanics. Maybe it acts as a super hard mode?
Team Umbra: Bayonetta as a single character Maybe as DLC? At the least, a very difficult unlock. When you switch between speed, power and flight, Bayonetta is always kept in play but the magic circle below her changes colour to match her changing moveset/playstyle.
In speed form, she activates her Panther Within technique when she reaches top speed, her homing attack resembles After Burner Kick, and her whirlwind technique (all speed characters have one iirc) takes the form of Witch Twist, or her airborne spinning kick, complete with flashy bullet arts.
In Flight form, she uses her butterfly wings to gain some height, and instead of the Thunder Shoot (i.e flinging characters at enemies) she just shoots at them with her guns.
In Power form, she uses her punches, kicks, bullet arts and wicked weaves (a toned down version of each) to attack enemies. Her dash attack takes the form of her Heel Slide Move.
Bayonetta can dodge opponents' attacks, and even slow down time if she dodges at the last second.
Her Team Attack could be, idk, Gammorah, some other infernal demon, etc.

That makes it funny

>classicfags
Oh gosh, you couldn't be further from the truth: Should have asked me that 4 or so years ago.

I agree, but that doesn't make it any less abysmal.

Why does a children's game need that sort of "depth"? It is annoying at best. Mario 64 got it right, the princess got kidnapped once again and you had to explore the castle to eventually unlock the way to Bowser.

>Why are you such a retarded piece of shit?
Because you obviously grew up with 3D Sonic in which they shoehorned these sort of things in.
When you actually get good physics and controls so Sonic can actually control properly while not having abysmal camera then maybe 3D Sonic games could actually start being good.

I want a good 3D Sonic game, though the Sonic Team has proven time and time again that they are incapable of it. Complain about the classic fanboys as much as you like, but that was when Sonic got popular rather than waned, and for good reason due to the games actually being good rather than a joke of the industry.

funny = enjoyable

You're just convincing me further and further you really are a classicfag who treats the genesis as the only true sonic.

Are you just going to keep spouting the same shit?

>classicfag
Read:

You're not convincing me otherwise classicfag.

>while not having abysmal camera
Oh, you mean the #1 reason why all old 2D Sonics are worthless garbage?

Whatever helps you sleep at night.