Physical/digital collection thread

Physical/digital collection thread

>falling for the digital meme

>Physical Media
>In Current year

Opinion of until dawn?
What about Horizon?
On another note, ive been itching to play some halo online but i only have a ps4 and pc, whats a halo like game i could try?

Until Dawn is the best movie game, really fun to play with a group.

>still having physical media because your so scared in 30 years you might not be able to play Nioh

>yuropoor

my condolences.

At least he'll still have the disk, unlike PC friends once Valve goes bankrupt

>Owning games that can be taken away from you at any time
>In Current Year

It's true tho. In 30 years you'll be able to either emulate it or run a backup natively on hacked hardware. There is literally no reason to buy physical anymore.

Just bought a ps4. /r/ games.

>Having to resort to hacking to play old games
Worst timeline

I don't understand how having all digital games doesn't scare those people. I understand some but come on, not your entire library. Doesn't even feel like you actually own anything.

>Bought UFC 2
>Have a blast doing combos to climb the ranks
>Install patch
>Enemies are untouchable and can regenerate their stamina, also can randomly knock out the human player
This is why physical is better. I uninstalled and started playing the on-disk version.

I feel sorry for any players starting FFXIV without the Stormblood disc. Hours of downloading.

I really want to get NiOh actually, just before Memorial Day weekend

But the only place that has a Discount is Amazon and it wont ship here on time (and it has tax)

>Buy physical forever
>Make money back on games I bought ages ago

And if you buy physical, you don't have to do that. Wowee

As said, worst timeline

>3 copies of Battleborn

>3 copies
Look closer.

>Three physical copies of Battleborn

...why?

Literally all you have to do is crack the game and you're good. You can even burn to DVD/Bluray if you want. I tend to crack every game I buy for long term storage, achievements are for suckers.

PS2-gen and back maybe (few titles at that)
everything forward just depreciates, you'd be lucky to break even

why the fuck won't Sony put effort into the spines of their first party franchises

Pretty much this. How does that Silent Hill PT demo still play, PS4fags?

In my country it's impossible to find PC games on physical so I went full digital. Still, I pirate all the games I purchase (and those I don't, of course) and have them safe on external HDDs.

You're right. Digital isn't ownership and the whole "Valve / EA / CDProjeckt will never take away your games", "if Valve / EA / CDProjeckt go under they'll release all of the games without DRM" is pure and absolute horseshit. Dead companies don't care.

>own
>digital

lek

>it wont ship here on time (and it has tax)
Buying from Amazon can be a pain in the ass, but I've dealt with Best Buy and Walmart, and Amazon is much better at returning games that were damaged in shipping. That extra tax is worth it, vs buying from a secondary seller that ships a Collector's Edition of a game in a thin yellow envelope.

I've given up on physical at least for PC. Hard to find now, they've essentially phased it out.

Still better than what digitalfags are getting. They pay for games and can never, ever get any of that money back.

"Hey look at my bloodborne, I really hope Sup Forums is impressed, I hope I fit in"

>falling for the proprietary hardware meme

literally defeats the entire purpose of actually owning physical games, dum consolebab

Well, I am impressed with the game and quite glad with the non-stop shilling. You should give it a try.

They own something physical they can resell or use again in ten years.

The only real downside is a need for a Day One Patch. My copy of Nier: Automata has a glitch that sends the game into an infinite blackscreen at the beginning of 9S's playthrough. Without the patch, the physical version is almost worthless.

Yeah, it's why I switched to mainly console

A very friendly reply for a very mean post. +1

Sold all my Gamecube/PS2 games in highschool cause I'm an idiot

Can't you back up that sort of data?

I wonder.
I think in 20 years 7th gen games will be worth something. 8th gen is pretty much worthless in my opinion, and will stay that way

four actually

Buy a Playstation Vita right now

Nioh.

I'll always buy physical but there's one problem with physical games.
The technology isn't improving. Bluray discs are more than 10 year old technology and the sole reason that they are kept around is because the industry refuses to take it to the next level. It's cost-effective, but in the process of being cost-effective they're fucking the users in the long run.
As many physicalfags understand now, lots of games don't actually run off of the disc anymore. The disc installs the game onto your machine's hard drive and from that point the disc becomes useless (until your hard drive is full, you delete things, install more things. delete more things, cycle repeats).
It's stupid and one of the major reasons that games are starting to get close to 100GB these days is because they need to be uncompressed to avoid the abhorrent load times that would result from your hard drive constantly compressing and decompressing data.
Here's the solution: Returning to cartridges. Cartridges have instant load times. High capacity cartridges are being made, and Nintendo, of all people, is taking the first step. Their Switch cartridges are only up to 32GB (I believe) at the moment but the technology is there to make cartridges with more than 100 or even 200GB of storage.
It will be more expensive at first, but as demand increases production will increase and eventually they'll just be the same as your common bluray disc.

Me writing all of this won't change anything, but I hope that eventually companies and consumers will drive the industry to go forward again rather than allowing it to stagnate like it has this past gen.

why

the average sonygro is so desperate for games he unknowingly buys games he already owns

Can agree with getting a vita. Ps2 collection games and also I think you can hack it to play more ps2 games

Nice collection user

How are they gonna take my hard drive user?

I'm building a DS collection, here's what I have so far, with a few loose ones not pictured. It's always a great day when finding a complete copy someone traded in to a store.

>not having Squeak Squad

Thank you for posting everything on my mind, user

>playing bluray cases instead of the game itself

nice try consolecuck

>6 gorillion games

>Cartridges have instant load times
What? No they don't. They're just another form of physical media storage like discs or anything else. They have a max read and write speed like anything else and it's actually slower than most hard drives

Cartridges have way more potential for near-instant than discs or hard drives do though. And I hope you're not comparing old carts from the 90s to modern-day hard drives, because that's just unfair.

My PS4 collection

>buying New Order on PS4
I really hate playing FPS games on Playstation, so how was it?

Not that user, but I myself had no problems

It was fine, I didn't have any issues.

>PS4 collection
>no bloodborne

jesus fucking christ

I missed my opportunity by being out of state when my local store had it in stock

Nah I have only around 282 console/handheld games

With the majority distribution looking like so:
64 Nintendo DS
46 Nintendo 3DS
19 PS Vita

19 SNES

33 PS3
53 PS4

Bough Elder scrolls Anthology for 40$ bucks. All games and dlcs, and MAPS and other stuff. Nice box, all new.

And also had Morrowind to Skyrim steam keys, so also got Special Edition for free.

Keep dreaming, digital fetishists and muh "support the developers" faggots.

You're an idiot.

Ah, that's good.

Also reminder that fucking Dishonored 2 is CHEAPER physical (20 euros) than digital (about 25-30 at best), and comes with a Steam key as well (every Bethesda product generally).

I like the way you organize, similar to me

You have no idea how glad I am I no longer have to use my optical drive.

I'd be even happier if games were shipped on USB sticks, but I'll take digital as a second best. Fucks sake, even MS now ships windows on an USB stick. This isn't hard and they're not THAT expensive.

Halo 5 is on pc without matchmaking for free on win10botnet.
Halo 1 and 2 still have people playing on unofficial servers

30% good

Pls r8

physical

part of my digital. ps3 has way more than my ps4

Sure.

This is missing Puyo Puyo Tetris for Switch, Nioh for PS4 (friend was borrowing it), and Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (just got it today)

A few of my friends did this and I cringed hard and I cant explain why, hell I have wolfenstein on my PS4 but I keep forgetting I have it cause I dont have a physical box or disc to remind me. If I just so happen to scroll and see it then i'll remember, and cause of that I forgotten to beat it. Physical copies remind me what I have and havent beaten yet. Besides I dont have many PS4 games, my PS3 collection is much larger.

R8 Sup Forums just for you

>bat on sofa
nice. i also envy your lifestyle as a man who never chooses between consoles

fledgling weeb/10

Australia/10

my birthday's in 3 days. can someone buy me shadow warriros 2 on PS4?

>be Yurop
>hear about resident evil 4, 5, 6 HD remasters
>"oh sweet"
>US gets physical
>EU gets digital only
>buy them anyway on PSN store when they released
>later, they release them physical anyway
>FUCK YOU
>REEEEEEEEEEE

You might have a point.

Spare cases/multiplayer for friends and family.

Thanks.

I'm working on it.

Thanks somewhat.

>digital cucks
xboners, nintenboys and sonypals come to together to share their collections no pc cucks allowed unless they post their old physical games

digital games go on sale really frequently, though. thats the only good reason to buy them

Question for fellow ps4 physical-fags:
Is dead rising 1 HD kind of rare? My local guy has it for cheap but i keep kicking it down the list because its an old game and im bound to get frustrated with the AI, specially when aiming for the plat.
I did enjoy 2 and OTR, although OTR kind of pissed me off because of how much of a rehash it was.

Also now that hitman is dead, should i get that steelbook edition? Is there even a "standard" edition?

LOL XD

How deluded/desperate do people have to be to post shit like this and hoping something to happen?

Or are you just 12?

>killing Floor 2 on PS$

How is it user?

>Is dead rising 1 HD kind of rare?
Not even remotely. It can easily be found for $15 or less.

Is MW3 enjoyable for someone who liked MW2 back in the day, and havent bought a CoD game since Black ops?
Im thinking about just biting the bullet and buying all the CoD games for the ps3 to have a complete collection, all of them are pretty cheap, except for black ops 3 for some fucking reason.

Also did they add weird srpg shit to BLOPS?

Huh, maybe its because im a shitskin country but its literally the only copy i've seen.
He also has dragon age inquisition for the same price, is it any good?

Also i REALLY want to get duke nukem 3d for the ps4 to FINALLY own a physical copy of it, but i've heard its been butchered and ruined, also fuck gearbox

yeah enjoy losing literally thousands of dollars when Gaben shuts down the steam sevrers

This is my ps4 physicak so far. Not pictured is hitman 2016 and eyes of heaven for digital

really? I've been thinking of getting it for awhile. How many hours does it go for?

>Huh, maybe its because im a shitskin country but its literally the only copy i've seen.
Yeah that might have something to do with it. Are you able to order games online easily? You can find tons of copies on ebay.
>He also has dragon age inquisition for the same price, is it any good?
Not really, Bioware ain't what they used to be.
>Also i REALLY want to get duke nukem 3d for the ps4 to FINALLY own a physical copy of it, but i've heard its been butchered and ruined, also fuck gearbox
The Duke port isn't awful but it's not really worth getting if you have literally any other version.

I'm too lazy to take pictures of my collection. But do any of you know any cheap-ish PS2 games that are worth buying? I just got a PS2 again after not having one for about 8 years or so and it seems the prices on games went up a lot as is kind of expected.

>Final Fantasy XV Deluxe Edition

>ebay
>ordering games online
I fucking wish. You cannot even imagine whats its like. Its literally impossible, to me that shit is like magic.
Do you remember when you finally got actual-non dial up internet and you were able to download movies in like 2 hours, and shit was out of this world?
That is how i would feel if i were ever able to buy shit online

Ace Combat 4 and 5 can be found for a couple bucks each. Zero can be a bit more expensive but it's well worth the money. Drakengard usually goes for around $10.

>tfw all the ps2 games i want cost like a bazillion dollars
Im looking at you, haunting ground

It's a nice display for our living room and saves space on the hdd. its a win win.

>not wanting to popoing in the disk again like the ps1 days to play with your sibs and cousins

G-Gabe said that would never happen
>Microsoft buys Valve
Aw shit!

I think Drakengard went up in price a lot since Nier came out. My closest retro store sells it for 30 and it seems to be more on ebay.