What's the most underrated final fantasy game?

What's the most underrated final fantasy game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S8Z2rvH6A_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Possibly III.

Definitely III

The one that ends the series forever

Could very well be II. Last couple dungeons in that were intense af.

I'm playing III right now. Last one of the first 10 that I haven't beaten. FFXI is a contender for worst game I've ever played in my life. X-2 is shit, XII is shit, XIII is the 2nd worst FF ever, and I've never played IV due to how awful XI was.

>played IV
Meant XIV.

III is fucking shit and you know it.

unironically II > III

2 is broken as shit and boring as fuck.

FFT

>FFXI is a contender for worst game I've ever played in my life
I've never played XI, but why? Everyone on Sup Forums seems to treat XI as if it were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

>FFT
>underrated
lol
At least it actually has a more cohesive story than III.

Hardly, unless you mean in terms of mainstream appeal. Otherwise, FFT is rated very highly by most fans.

FFII had the best soundtrack. I wish it had gotten an enhanced remake like III and IV, although I really enjoy how it was remade.
It had such great systems. I definitely think it's the best leveling out of every game since there are very few wasted battles. You're always slowly getting stronger instead of getting strength spikes with level ups. It makes it MUCH more organic and it feels great to see your characters growth through cooler animations/more attack hits as time goes by.

no, i prefer VIII's soundtrack

I love VIII's too, as well as VII and IV soundtracks (except for normal IV battle theme, it doesn't feel right)
But this shit here strikes right in the feels youtube.com/watch?v=S8Z2rvH6A_s

And it's not even nostalgia, I've played 2 for the first time last year.

Not that piece of shit. I would say V or VIII.

The leveling is Supposed to feel organic on paper, but in practice its just you pressing defend for hours on end to slowly raise your health stat

I guess it's not for everyone but considering he hates 12 as well you can easily just chalk it up to a case of shit taste. If you like 12 there's a high chance of you liking 11.

Oh, really? XII is actually my favorite one, and I've beaten almost half the games from the mainline series.

Should I play on the official servers, or what

That's a lot better than not raising your health stat at all because lol your class is supposed to be squishy

I don't know why people hate on II's leveling system when SaGa showed it could be done properly. Would love to see the system show up in another FF.

FF2 could have been great if it didn't get crippled by being on lousy hardware. That and the PSP version didn't try to improve it. Some things do NOT work (like the stupid Word Code bullshit to know where to go that not even FF1 had).

FF2 had a good concept for the gameplay and story, but it needed a ground up rework to make it work and not do it like how it used to be. Geez even Resident Evil's Remake dramatically changed everything about the original.