Did Blizzard ever fix this game? I recently replayed Diablo 2 and after a break was considering finally picking up 3...

Did Blizzard ever fix this game? I recently replayed Diablo 2 and after a break was considering finally picking up 3. Is it as boring as I've heard it is?

Don't listen to all the contrarian faggots here, D3 is great fun for a few weeks or possibly even longer if you play it with friends. The OG release was absolute trash and tainted it to the point most people shit on it constantly but Reaper of Souls fixed almost everything wrong with the game.

What did reaper of souls fix?

Honestly, everything. The game is completely different.

Added an actual end game, tuned difficulties to scale better, completely overhauled the shit loot system and made set items/legendaries worth it. So on and so on.

D3 is good for one playthrough per class but not much more because build diversity doesn't exist due to the horrible itemization.

Also seasons which can be pretty fun every couple of months with your friends.

Would you say it's close to or on part with Diablo 2 at this point?

Adding a dozen torment (read: stat inflation) levels is content?

It's better than D2 on a 1 to 1 comparison basis based on today's standards but if you compare it with gaming now to gaming when D2 came out no it is not as good or long lasting. Still good for a few months though.

No they aren't, but bounties, new regions, rifts, greater rifts and lots of new world events are content. Did you even play the game?

ITT: blizzdrones

AHHHHHHHHHHHH STOP DISCUSSING A BLIZZARD GAME CIVILLY AHHHHHHHH.

Wow great now show me the part where RoS fixed the itemization so all that shit you mentioned is actually fun to go through

>fixed the itemization so all that shit you mentioned is actually fun to go through
Never played Monk on release I assume.

Not him, but the way to go now is to pick a set which boosts skill X or go with those random lego builds, depending on your class.
So its pretty eh ... no fun stuff like bear barb.

Yes let me waste time fighting an uphill battle of convincing you of something you've already made up your mind on. Not.

It's still garbage. RoS was a glimmer of hope but it all went to shit soon after that. Basically you only do rifts, over and over and over.

>if you play it with friends

So, it's shit then. Any fucking game is better with friends so if this is the only saving grace it must be shit

Read the whole reply.

Doesn't sound worth it, really. If the only longevity the game has is "You can play with friends" then it sounds pretty bad

It's the best braindead game I've played. Perfect while listening to radio, podcasts etc

fun for a while, mostly because of the really fluid combat. then you get to 70, get the items you need literally handed to you and any interesting builds or rune choices you want to use are thrown out the window. most skills have 1 maybe 2 dominant runes, all builds are funneled into the same 5/6 skill choices and items that are 90% set in stone if you ever want that build to work. then you play the numbers game, you look for items that have slightly higher numbers so you can do grifts that consist of mobs with slightly higher numbers than the last so you can get your gems up a slightly higher number and then you grind up more of those gems to fuse them to gear for slightly higher numbers then you grind paragon for slightly higher numbers so you can do grifts that are slightly higher numbers etc

its fun until the you realise the hand holding in this game never ends. there is no exploration, no build diversity, no item diversity and no end game (grifts should be side content not the main focus)

combat is really satisfying though

If you want to have any fun with D3, Reaper of Souls is mandatory.
And while they've massively improved it, it's gone from total garbage to "Eh, it's a game."
Path of Exile is still better at a rating of "It's a good time waster."

Is the PC version still always online? That's the only reason I haven't bought it yet after the trial run that someone who has bought the game can give to someone else. I totally loved the game, but I don't wanna deal with that shit.

It's not Diablo 2 (version 2)

Its a different game completely. Fun in its own right, but still a different game. Get it on sale.

basically this

this dude in every thread

just play PoE

Yes.

>Path of Exile is still better at a rating of "It's a good time waster."
Yeah, except higher difficulties actually destroy your shitty snowflake builds and the currency system is great and shit at the same time.

Not to mention devs are jews, milking the player base with stuff that should be already implemented in the game for free - and those sales are a fucking joke.

Playing a seasonal character with friends is pretty fun. Usually every other season.

Its a decent singleplayer experience if you go for a first time "story" mode. I think it shines as a multiplayer game with a party tho.

>b-but path of exile has a POOPTY trading system and I have to trade with people to reach top rank on the leaderboards so the whole game is SHIT

every time PoE is mentioned on this fucking board, so I figure I'll get it out of the way early. I've sunk like 300 hours into it without ever trading once

Oh I agree with you there.
I unironically think all players should receive a free Currency Tab. That thing is so ridiculously useful, being able to hold every single drop of currency most players will ever accumulate.
And yeah, it's clear they're working fully for the money for a while.
>We're consolidating Leagues so everyone can experience everything without having to play Softcore (for those who like the brutality of Hardcore) and Hardcore (for those who think it's too hash)
>Talisman proceeds to be the absolute fucking worst League ever, drowning players in shitty Talismans that take up a fucking ton of room in their Stash
>Perandus turns out to be one of the best Leagues ever, only thing they toss a ton of at you is Coins, which don't take up much room
>Prophecy Coins and Sealed Prophecies don't take up that much room, but more than Prophecy if you want to use them efficiently
>Essences take up a huge amount of room, not as bad as Talisman tho
>Breach League floods you with 5 different types of Splinters, Breachstones since you won't run them till you are ready, and Breach rings which are mostly trash
>Legacy floods you with Leaguestones and the occasional Reliquary Key
And don't forget Divination Cards:
>A way to reliably grind for a specific item for your build
>In reality, it's infinitely more efficient, because drop-rates of cards are worse than the item you want from them, to just go and wait for Divination Card boxes in Maps to complete your sets, take up a fucking ton of space

PoE is shit

>300 hours
I don't even play that much.
Trading is a necessity for the average player. The only way you've played only 300 hours is if Legacy was your first League or you've never hit maps.

>I unironically think all players should receive a free Currency Tab.
Thank you, like fucking thank you.
Really, the biggest problem I have is not that devs try to get money out of their game, I bought the halo back then, but people who actually defend this stash tab shit when you get shit on with all these currency items are mostly people with 4-6 forum badges which is like around I dunno... 200$?

AND the sales are a fucking joke because if you want this tab, it doesnt matter if its on sale, you STILL have to pay 10$ to get it.

While I get what you mean, it's only $7.50 off-sale unless you are Canadian or some shit.

I can either buy 50 points for 5€, or 100 for 10€, the tab always goes on sale for 60 so it doesnt matter.

Nope, it's still shit, the endgame is basically you playing a bunch of campaign maps for the chance of getting the right items for the build the devs decided your class should play.

Ah right, I always forget GGG is too retarded to just let you buy Currency at the fixed rate in whatever quantity you want and then abuse their own system to make you spend more.

Its better than 2 in every way, not that that's saying much mind.

I dont get it though, their shit was reasonable priced when they hit steam, I dont recall PoE being such a great success to justify upping the prices.

it a fun game for 2 weeks tops because you get everything readily handed to you. itemization is still as unimaginative as ever, two tiers of slightly better stat rolls is boring as shit.

also i hope you dont play on pc otherwise have fun waiting for a year of seasons to play out just to get some stash space.

D2 is better in my opinion. D3 has none of the atmosphere or D2 and you have more classes to play in D2. However, D3 is a fun game but it can quickly plateau out power wise where you'll be grinding for ancient set items with specific rolls, and leveling legendary gems, and crap like that just so you can do higher level rifts.

the shit atmosphere and story makes it a slog to get through. blizzards are the masters of hamster wheel gameplay but it doesnt hold up in diablo 3.

who /grim dawn/ here

REAL NIGGA ROLL CALL

It's been on a steady rise.
What gets me tho is the whole mess that is 3D Art.
>Artists and Modellers spend more time making new shit to sell you instead of giving Unique items 3D Art that haven't had them for literal years
I can understand "I wanna bigger paycheck," but they put out so much fucking new Armor and weapons and shit. It's absurd.
And they've upped the price while general quality of armors has tipped towards "World of Warcraft end-game gaudy" instead of detailed, but tasteful like the older ones, Verdant and Arcane are good examples of weird, but not ridiculous like the Lunaris set and Deicide set.

Sacred 2 reporting in. I like GD as well, I hope they hurry the fuck up with that expansion.

>ridiculous
Or fucking lazy. See: Gore set being literally the Rigwald set you got for the Challenges in Talisman, but covered in blood and with a blood mist around you.
>$42 American
Hell, since Steam-Powered, almost every set has been $42 except for Bear and Carnage, which are generally better than most of the $42 sets.
That's 18 buyable sets Steam-Powered forward btw.