Never played a Monster Hunter game b4

>never played a Monster Hunter game b4
Where do I begin, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/__QdAxqBi5Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Monster Hunter Freedom: Unite

Depends on how old an experience you want, if you want some old school MH to see where the series started freedom unite, if you want a slightly older experience but not that hardcore try portable 3rd.

Just know that anything before the 4th gen games is pretty well outdated at this point with all the improvements and changes they made yo a lot of the mechanics.

Choose any of the ones highlighted in yellow.

is it a comfy series?

Dark Souls and then Worlds

There's a lot of comfiness to it. Every morning before a hunt you wake up in your comfy village and you get to eat breakfast, with different ingredients giving you different buffs for the day. There's a little song that plays when you cook meat and you press a button when the music ends to cook it well.

4U is the easiest one to get into.

OH YES.

This is Portable 3rd, emulated on PPSSPP, you have to jump through a few hoops to get it working so I suggest MH Freedom Unite for a quicker way to jump in.

>Is it a comfy series
This is Freedom Unite's main town theme, the thing you're greeted with after returning from every single player hunt.

youtu.be/__QdAxqBi5Y

Emulate FU to see if you like it.

If you do, get 4U for the 3ds. If you still like it, move onto Generations. Gen has a lot of additions that make the game rather easy, 4U has a story and is more true to the series' roots.

Bit out of date?

Ask to update it for us.

What hoops, just download the HD .iso thats already pre-patched with the english translation and you're good to go, no different than any other game on PPSSPP

No, fuck those guys.
Also keep in mind that Gen is a Spin off fan tribute game.
It has experimental features which won't be making it into the next main MH game.

Sorry mate, we're currently dealing with a whole fuckload of consolewar shit because the people who post about World can't shut the fuck up about Nintendo and repeatedly post the same wojaks.

>What retards say
Start with a good game in the series. Like 3U.

Sorry I just remember the pre-patched version having to download another patch.
Glad it's all been done for you now.

I've been playing MH since Dos and I just want to talk about MH without console war shit flinging or being called a newfag to the series, why must Sup Forums do this to me?

>Good place to start
>PSP games only
It's like you want new people to suffer from crinkled hands.

No worries my dude. FU has more content so its still probably a better choice to start with, and p3rd's updates to the combat are so good I find it hard to go back to FU now.

4U if you can get used to the controls is probably the best starting point, and my personal favorite. New monsters are pretty interesting and fun to fight, hitboxes are much more refined and monsters are fairer in terms of difficulty (FU has many end game fights have bullshit aoe attacks), and two new weapons are introduced. The controls are a big turn off to people though . Relic farming gets obnoxious, but that's super end game so most people won't ever reach that point. 3U is another good starting point, but underwater combat is shitty.

Because people stubbornly loyal to a single console are bitches that ruin fun for everyone.

I unironically like underwater lance and SnS

It bugs me too.
I played FU on the PSP and 4U on the 3DS
I'm glad MHWorld is coming to mainline consoles instead of portible only.
I'll probably end up with World twice, like EDF4.1

PPSSPP thankfully lets you use a controller so you can remap the PSP controls to your gamepad.

>playing tri ever
Not even if someone paid me.

It's called emulation

3U if you have a wiiu, 4U if you don't mind 3ds controls

>Hating Tri
How to spot the casual or the idiot who thinks bloat is good.

you can play freedom unite online with tunngle or other service like it. I don't think you can play 3U online.

I'm playing online on the WiiU right now.

of course you can play 3U online

Wait for worlds. It is their attempt to really get the western Market. So its probably not going to be as "anime" as the other ones and its going to be a lot easier.

The comfiest.

This really does look like Dragon's Dogma. Especially because of the colors. If I've never seen the trailer and you showed me this screenshot saying it's from Capcom I'd assume it's the new Warrior vocation.

Now that you mention it. Where the fuck was Itsuno this E3?

He promised another Game. I want my god damn DD2

>anime
When the fuck did this become a talking point? Monster Hunter has always been anime.

Which is not very appealing to westerners which is probably going to be scaled back a little for Worlds.

Literally everyone I know who always HATED Monster Hunter said that they really liked the trailer shown at E3.
I think what they are trying to do is working.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Tri is great, autist.

Tri-babby

not him but holy shit, user! thank you very much!!! i have emulated the first monster hunter and got finished a third of it then i discovered that you can play FU online but wew. i was stupid not to change the controls for either one. thanks again!

Its EXTRA great because you can actually map a right analog stick in PPSSPP

Tri baby calls other players casuals
Irony
Nah 3U was okay, and only because of how absolutely terrible tri was, you sound stupid to anyone who has played more then a 3rd and 4th gen title. Sorry you started playing at the series low point.

>T-t-t-tribaby
The irony here is that the series unfucked itself and got actually good with Tri.

Meanwhile FUckers could only point to their bloated character roster and cry out 'Quantity is better than quality.' And then Gen 4 came out and exposed how fucking awful the first and second gen monsters were.

Fun fact, do you know why FUckers are the niggers of the MH fanbase?
They can't swim.