Games that get far more hate than they deserve

Games that get far more hate than they deserve

Final Fantasy 13 was a damn solid game with great aesthetics and very good.

FFXIII honestly doesn't get enough hate.

What the fuck?
Linear corridor simulator with the worst writing in any FF game, awful mechanical progression and autobattle.

it's alright. one of the very few decent jrpgs really.

I actually didn't hate most of the cast. Some of them were kinda annoying at first, but everyone had their arc and ended up somewhere different at the end. Except Lightning. Which is fine because she's perfect, anyway.

they found a way to turn level progression into a hallway

Fallout 4. Yes, we were lied to and given a super watered down action-adventure game when we expected an RPG. But it's a pretty good action-adventure game.

>I didn't play the game and parrot opinions on Sup Forums

>FFXIII honestly doesn't get enough hate.

the sequels got away with little hate when they were shit, only because fans are obsessed with hating mainline games they don't like.

XIII could have been good but the story was shart. With a game that's as linear as 13 it's important to have a good story because it doesn't have much else.

Indeed, it honestly has the most poorly told stories in any videogame.

>XIII could have been good but the story was shart.

define good. the story was really interesting.

Maybe it could have been a good game, if they let the narrator explain shit instead of making you read a codex after every cutscene.

Don't forget that XII exists.

Define interesting, because that isn't what XIII was.

>the story was really interesting.

Loved lightnings look desu

> was a damn solid game

Midway it was a borefest,and the story was absolute trash

the grafics are good but that`s it

>Define interesting

how about you start by saying something specific.

I agree. The battle system was really solid despite people whining about it. I agree it handheld for way too long, but the 13 postgame and even endgame is really good. 13 is one of the few FFs to try to kill you in random battles instead of just trying to chip a few mp off of your healer.

The lore was interesting but the plot spend way too much time on the shitty characters.

Hope is one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen in a rpg, along with Nozomi from SMTIVA

13 was garbage, the story was very confusing and gameplay didn't """"""take of"""""" until 30 hours in the game but I went through with it, the side quests were horribles, I didn't even do them.
13-2 was fucking amazing, I 100%'d it.
I was heavily frustrated with LR when I found out that you had this time bullshit but I had fun playing it in the end.

I don't regret playing these games.

>the story was very confusing

They litterally spell out everything for you nd you can check the database if you don't remember the term.

I genuily think most people are retarded when it come to understanding story.

I didn't have problems understanding the story in any other game, I can't even remember what part of the map was on cocoon and what wasn't.

>13-2 was fucking amazing
My nigga

Because most games have straightforward story.

13 story wasn't that good but it wasn't confusing. The only weird moments are at the beggining.

YOu're on cocoon until you get to pulse. Then you go back to it for the ending.

>13-2 was fucking amazing, I 100%'d it

it was objectively shit.

retconning story that made no sense / XIII was convoluted but it was a complete story.
instead of long corridors... you get fragmented small corridors with endless load screens.
dumbed down battlesytem of an already limited battlesystem.
even easier that the first game.

here's a (You)

I liked it. But does it matter? The people have spoken and as always: fuck them.

13-2 was even better but nobody seems to have played that.

>13 story wasn't that good but it wasn't confusing

yes it was. it legit took me two walkthroughs to understand it. just saying "not good" means nothing especially when talking about FF. some people don't like XII and prefer the more anime story setting of VII.

I did, I think I preffered 13 honestly. Wasn't a big serah fan and I didn't love the pokemon system for the third character.

It was still a solid game though and I'm a sucker for dimension/timetravel stuff.

>it was objectively shit.
>objectively
Stopped reading

Look gamers just aren't very bright honestly and have the attention span of a goldfish. I generalize but it mostly fits.

The music was good.

>objectively
>Stopped reading

yes.

the fact that the game is AS linear as the first one is objective.
the fact that the battlesystem is dumb down is objective.
the fact that the story is nonsense about the timeline is objective.

FF13 had one of the better battlesystems in the series.

Unironically the 13 games are among my favorite but i cant say that or anons will start yelling opinions they parroted off of Sup Forums at me

I don't even care about the characters or how linear it is. But the battle system is so fucking boring and easy. It deserves all the hate it gets for it alone.

For me the only shit about this game was the ending and the side quests.

The ending (without 13-2/3) don't make any sense, why the fuck do they still fight the endboss?
>Evil Boss planned everything out
>lightning and gang knows the whole plan
>still decides to do exactly what the evil guy wants with the reason, we will find a way it's our fate
>still win thanks to magic of friendship

Hiding the lore in the datalogs was also shit, I never looked there because I thought there is just 'tutorials, what happened so far and monsters you fought'. They should have added a village in grand pulse do the sidequests to learn from the npc's.

Also fuck the ' battles don't give any money'

i know im talking about XIII-2

You must hate all Final Fantasy games.

The best thing to come out of FF13 was Sazh, and he's criminally under utilized. I need more of him.

>Enemy has AoE attacks
>Only way to have everyone not get hit is to time when they spend 20 second running up to attack an enemy
>They run right back to the group when done
Always seemed so pointless to me, killed the battle system. Was there not a way to have them space themselves out?

Nope. Because the ones before 13 were better.

Dunno, I played chrono trigger as a kid so it didn't bother me. It's basically the same shit as that game.

>XIII is terrible
>X is a classic and amazing!
Your own shit taste is punishment in itself.

X sucks too. what now strawman?

>The ending (without 13-2/3) don't make any sense

the "sequels" are technically spin offs, they retcon the first one.

>why the fuck do they still fight the endboss?
they are still l'cie. they cannot not fight him

>lightning and gang knows the whole plan
literally the concept of the game: the gang was never a gang, they all wanted something different.

Objectively wrong because XIII is the only FF game where buffs and debuffs are relevant for all fights instead of bosses being arbitrarily immune to them and them not being worth using on your typical encounter, sounds like you're a casual to be honest.

CT is a great game. But they also didn't spend time running back and forth, like in XIII. You do the move/tech and they're right back where they started, instantly.
I don't know why that makes it seem "OK" but it does for me.

CT also had your position matter for techs like X Cross IIRC, whereas I can't think of any part of positioning being used to your benefit in XIII.

>People are still posting this bait.

>3 pale pink haired bitches with ashy skin
>1 tan beauty with an accent
Guess which one gets slighted in the fanart category.

>X sucks too
then you don't like this specific linear/character driven FF direction. it's cool, you just have bad taste.

In all fairness, the story isn't actually bad. It's just on a very small scale. Most Final Fantasy games are fate of the world scenarios, while XIII is about the cast wanting to protect Cocoon and their friends from the evil Fal Cie

Go to bed, toriyama

You're not looking hard enough.

>Objectively wrong
>Opinions

(You)

Stories are nice but I'd rather they be fun to play too. or even have good stories, unlike x and xiii.

X has the best story in the franchise to be honest.

find one for me without one of the ashy pink haired girls in it.

Speedrunners do small manipulations like you mentioned with timing attacks to dodge shit. Or I believe aero spells group enemies up.

Also I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure only crits made you jump back to your spot in trigger.

>In all fairness, the story isn't actually bad. It's just on a very small scale.

no XIII is also about fate of the world.

So what's with the squeenix shills pushing the 'xiii isn't hot garbage' narrative? Is there a new version or something coming out?

Actually, I can sort of agree. At least saying writing. I like the characters pretty well. But the overall story was just meh to me.

Not even close in my opinion, but this shit is subjective.

>Moving the goalposts

Yeah I also see them like that.

>still l´cie
but this doesn´t change the whole stupid ending. They fight him, they loose, pulse girl becomes bahamuth (which looked much much much much much much cooler in the cutscene), everyone becomes cieth...suddenly they become human again and they fight, then their new fate becomes saving cocoon?

They took their fucking time at the beginning, introducing everyone and giving them so much character development but the whole last part felt so much rushed, blame HD development for that.

They should just made it, that loosing the fight is the ending and after that you do sidequests to look how to change the lcie thing, do sidequests learn about lore, fight yubileus or something like that to break the curse and then get the real ending.

Also
>literally the concept of the game: the gang was never a gang, they all wanted something different.

I know that, I was just to lazy to find a better wording. Also I love the characters, the only shit part is the english va of hope.

I didn't like XIII for the obvious reasons, but I didn't think ALL the characters were shit. I actually liked Sazh and Snow. I'm probably one of the few people that actually liked Snow.

He was pretty determined to save everyone, and rescue Sarah. Sure he wanted to be a "hero," but that's not a bad thing. While everyone else were emotional wrecks all the time, and being annoying.
Even Sazh had his moment, but he eventually recovered. Then went back to being the funny joking guy.

I thought FFXIII-2 was pretty decent. It fixed most of the problems that XIII had. No more Lightning, a better story, more places to explore, and combat was a bit better too.

Now FFXIII-3 was complete shit, and I saw hate for that game everywhere.

You guys think square will ever get lucky with a game director like Kitase again? Dude made some of the most beloved FF games (and 8 which is still ok) and chrono trigger. Think Nomura can stack up?

>attempt to disprove some randos opinion online about fucking fanart
>in the attempt, reinforce his opinion
>he gives you a chance at an earnest attempt
>strawman him

XIII-2 and 3 were fate of the world stories. XIII was centered around cocoon (which you could argue is their world). Fal Cie just want to sacrifice it to summon god

>They fight him, they loose, pulse girl becomes bahamuth

she become incomplete ragnarock. them becoming cieth is a mind trick.

>You guys think square will ever get lucky with a game director like Kitase again?
Yes.

It's a 6/10 game. Imagine making a 6/10 game when everyone expects it to be at least 8/10 and most expect a 10/10. As far as expectations vs delivery goes, it's on par with Mighty Number 9.

>I thought FFXIII-2 was pretty decent.
>It fixed most of the problems that XIII had.

I really hate people like you.

FFXIII is literally about gods trying to destroy a planet user, it is not fucking small scale.

There's more to the world than Cocoon.

>You guys think square will ever get lucky with a game director like Kitase again?
>hey guys remember the 90s ?

there's always a dipshit like you in these threads.

and yet the whole world is small corridor hallways. That feels like small scale to me.

>There's more to the world than Cocoon.

no. it's just cocoon and pulse. and most people live on cocoon.

Not really, there's nothing of consequence besides Pulse and Cocoon.

And really they aren't even of consequence because they matter fuck all in the sequels.

Maybe it's crits for normal attacks, I think you're right there. Pretty sure all techs you jump back when you're done.

I liked snow as well. Final Fantasy hasn't had a ton of his archetype. Normally they have to have a breakdown and get all introspective instead of soldiering through.

Nice try kiddo, but FFX wasn't the 90s.

>and yet the whole world is small corridor hallways.
>FF X is also linear.
>I also hate FF X.

why are you people on these threads ?

Being an oblivious idiot who never really changes is "soldiering through"?

I always wonder if people who like this game's story and character's actually pay attention to the shit that happens on screen.

>complaining about the scale of the narrative
>gets rebutted
>switches back to muh hallway simulator meme
The only criticism anybody _ever_ makes of FFXIII that makes any sense is that it's too linear. The scale of the maps doesn't have anything to do with the story scale.

>Being an oblivious idiot who never really changes is "soldiering through"?
Wtf I hate Barrett now.

Don't you fucking even because that's not true at all.

I never brought up other games in the FF line, why do you feel the need to deflect criticism by attempting to say its okay because some other game failed in spectacular fashion as well?

Role playing games should be more open than what FF13 was. Period. They failed to create a world for you to care about, then made a story relying entirely on caring about what happens to that world. How do you not see a problem with that?

You're just retarded...

Everything important is stated outright or written in the database for you to remember.

Nah he has his moment of honest where he admits he doesn't always know what's best. If you've ever been in a leadership position you know about the sort of stress that comes with that and the pressure to always act like you know what you're doing. He's not oblivious he's trying to appear like he knows what's best.

That was my first post in the thread user. Stop trying to see it as 1 person disagreeing with you and realize it is many people.

>being this deluded
13 has a host of issues, from bad gameplay to bad story to unlikable cast to shitty leveling system to etc.

Imagining it only has one problem is the realm of retards or shills.

"Interesting" maybe. The only problem was that it wanted to tell this super glorified "god among men and they mark their champions and when they finish their task they turn to crystal but if they refuse they turn into monsters and you're gonna change fate through WILLPOWER" story, but they failed at explaining half the mechanics of the process itself, half the lore is text walls that you have to read on your own in the journal section, and the game is a linear tutorial until chapter 11. Hell, you can't even choose with three of the six dumbasses of a main cast you want in your party until that point, and even if you HAVE others in your party, you're stuck with the three that are leading and can't change anything. Not to mention theirs a weapon upgrade system involving materials you can collect, while ALSO having better weapons you can find later, which is counterintuitive.

This whole game is just a hodgepodge mess that needed at least another few months of testing and polishing.

Admitting it and then continuing to behave that way is not character development.

>Worst writing
Sorry, this isn't FFVIII

The next time he admits he doesn't know what's going on the other characters give him shit and say his drive kept them going and he can't give up on it now. Admitting and accepting your faults is fine, not every character needs to change a ton.