Sonic 3

What the fuck is this?

I forgave them for Sonic 2. I forgave them when they reused the Green Hill Zone. I forgave them introducing the faggot side kick fox who does literally nothing except drown and fall off ledges just so they could have a "cute" character appeal to girls and children. I forgave them when they starting designing levels around the "lolsofast" gimmick instead of good platforming mechanics. I forgave them for cutting levels from three acts down to two. I forgave them for handing you continues and lives left and right. I forgave them for the trash vehicle section at the end of the game and for the fucking super-saiyan crossover.

And then I load up the new one and I see this fucking shit. I think maybe this is a way to track your high scores individually? But no, of course not. They completely eliminated the continue system. Don't worry, if you die you'll just always start over at the level you left off. You'll never play the same level twice! Because of course the target audience doesn't actually ENJOY playing the game--Sonic Team wants you to play this game once and put it back on the shelf until they can sell you some fucking lock-on cartridge expansion gimmick SO YOU CAN ACTUALLY FINISH THE GAME.

I'm fucking livid, I can't believe how much they casualized this game, holy fuck.

You can replay any stage once you beat the game.

>reading comprehension

Hey dipshit, the point isn't I personally can't replay the levels (if I want to replay, I start from the beginning, like in, you know, sonic games.).

I'm talking about how every single thing about this game has been casualized to fuck. It's not enough for them to introduce another new furry fucking character, now you can actually just play as "Tails" by himself and trivialize the levels by flying over everything.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles is over twice as long as the rest of the Genesis Sonic games.
Not having some way to save your progress or even a password system would be fucking idiotic.

>good platforming mechanics
Sonic 1? Good platforming? That's a laugh.

shitty satire

Yeah, the sequels are so much better, just hold right until you get to the goalpost.

>O-once you buy the expansion the shitty casual decisions make s-sense guys!

Try playing as Knuckles, then.

Wow, you're like 23 years late on this. I feel bad for your shit taste.

>Wanting to play through the entire game at once, in a game with 14 fucking zones
>Wanting the game to be about fucking high scores
>Thinking that a saving system is casual

How is having a character who can sail over everything going to make me hold right less, exactly?

He plays more like Sonic and can't fly over anything but is slower. Some of his stages are based around wall climbing and gliding.

>>Wanting the game to be about fucking high scores
>>Thinking that a saving system is casual

Yeah sorry that I actually enjoy playing games more than once and like trying to do better. Enjoy playing each level exactly once and then buying a new game tomorrow.

No save is an option right there. What the fuck are you complaining about?

Wow, 5/10 for getting me to reply. Sonic & Knuckles was an amazing game in its own right. Maybe because jew practices weren't as common back then like they are so prevalent today, I could understand the notion that they ran out of time in Sonic 3 so they made & Knuckles as a whole new game for extra sheckles. But no one felt that back then because it was amazing to have that backwards compatibility/lock on tech and added a dufhch hgdgfxghcjvcj
Tl;dr you're a fag

You can make a new save file, faggot. A game's replayability does not come down to a fucking high score system. Also

Like I've said numerous times, it's the entire design philosophy behind this system that destroys franchises. Let's not make levels replayable with shortcuts, secrets, and challenging sections--let's hold right until we reach the end of the level.

But the fans don't care about that. What the fans really want is more ancillary characters until the game features an ensemble cast of furries piloting mechs, fishing and digging for jewels.

>tfw OPs autistic argument falls apart in his own posted image,

>382973054
>Thinks that Tails and Knuckles are furry designs
>Thinks Sonic isn't

Explain to me how they're hold right to win. Sonic 3 also has extra shit like the secret stages, exactly like Sonic 1, and multiple routes. Different characters even have different levels. 2/10. No (You) for (You).

3 is basically Sonic 2 in level quality. Though I agree with you that 1 is the best of the 3.

Sorry it took so long to reply, my dad needed the phone so I had to get off AOL for a minute.
>Can't read a thread
>Calls me autistic
Nice post you prolapsed shitbox.

>Sonic is furry
He looks like a cartoon.

>Explain to me how they're hold right to win.
The characters aren't hold right to win, the level design is. They just pad out the level with loopdeloops instead of real platforming.

Thats what No Save mode is for you fucking degenerate

HOLY SHIT, how many times will you retards repeat this?

>382974258
I meant the level design, sweetie.

I literally avoid Sonic 1 because of the second zone. Why are you so assmad

Oh yeah cause marble zone is totally replayable with all those hot alternate routes lmao

This. Fuck Sonic 2 for doing that shit and FUCK people who want long games.

>cant quote properly
>"sweetie"

argument completely invalidated

>382976328
I can quote people, sweetie. I just don't want to give (you) a (you).

>382976505this isnt reddit you fucking reetard you don't need to fucking

>mfw I fly over the whole level

This is all true, but why do you have to behave like a humongous faggot, OP? Bickering with an entire thread making fun of you can't be good for your self esteem. Also, Sonic was always intended to be a children's franchise, they probably heard stories of kids who had a frustrating expirience with the first game, so they balanced the sequels accordingly.

>382976585
(You) suck

Yeah the sonic franchise is bound for greatness pandering to literal children. Can't wait to see what they do next.

>382977717
It was always made for literal children

Are you guys fucking kidding me? Jesus Christ Sup Forums has become pure reddit. It's a shitpost to make fun of how you autists flip out at trivial shit like Mario oddysey having no game overs, saying that it's appealing to casuals. This board is getting worse and worse everyday.

Why the fuck are you so mad about it? It's just Sonic

>Would always hit button that sent me back to title screen

I know this is LARPing and a low-quality bait but, in the off chance you are actually that much butthurt over a 25-year old game, I wanted to tell you that you should neck yourself.

How does one LARP on Sup Forums. Do I have to wear a costume?

What the fuck is this shit? Am I back in the 90s?