Metal Gear Solid V

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qCs0xxUS5as
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Having to limit themselves and cut a bunch of ideas so the game would work on PS360 which took a lot of time just to downscale it for the previous gen.

Basically, it's consoles fault, as usual. Should have been a PC only game.

Japanese autism in the workplace.

Shit game made by a shit developer who has never had any idea of how to make proper videogames.
Well, it killed MGS, so I guess not everything is bad.

It all

Amazingly fun and rewarding gameplay, amazing graphics and as a hiker amazing looking environments.

Well MGS series hasn't been good since 4, the mistake was continuing to shove in big boss fanwankery to make him not a villain.

Kojima is a hack, Konami is only a half of a problem

This. The vocal Metal Gear fans aren't used to good gameplay, they just want cutscenes.

Almost nothing, imagine if it went the revenge of the sith route.

RotS was good though. A better directed movie than Kojima could ever hope to create in his lifetime.

>RotS was good though
Yeah, according to reddit.
The only good thing about that movie is that it ended the prequel cancer.

>knowing what reddit thinks
You should go back.

100%'ed pc
replaying on xbone1
it's pretty good

>replaying on xbone1

For what purpose?

It didn't ignore PW's existence
This game was absolute trash but for some reason they decided that it would be good to expand on the mission-based nonsense as well as its shitty story and characters
At least they didn't bring back the stupid fucking tank/heli/whatever fights because those were fucking moronic

He probably wants to do the FOB infiltration stuff without cheaters.

konami being cucks to everyone

>MGS1
>classic
>perfect balance of gameplay and story

>MGS2
>gameplay improved but not implemented well
>increased focus on story

>MGS3
>gameplay improved
>decreased focus on story
>perfect balance of gameplay and story

>MGS4
>increased focus on story

>MGSV
>decreased focus on story

There is a reason why 1 and 3 are usually the fan favorite

MGS3 is probably the worst game ever made tbqh.

They made a Metal Gear game.

Cute feet.

Neck yourself.

>owning a meme console
>when you already own a PC
WEW

i own a ps4, wii, wiiu, ps3 and xb360
and a bunch of handhelds too

what's it like being a poorfag?

Kojima is a hack and scrapped the game multiple times during development.
As much as Konami is shit, every company in the world would have enough of him and forced him to release the fucking game already.

everything in all of the trailers ended up in the game though
you're probably thinking of mgs4 where the early trailers looked absolutely nothing like the final game

>No Metal Gear 6 with a story so long and convoluted that it makes 4 feel well told
I'm really sad, 4 might not be a great game but it's one game I remember the most. Also the Boss Fights were stellar.

>>increased focus on story

and the story sucked

Everything.

As much as I hated the plot it's still a great sneaking game.
I should never have played it on consoles though, the mods makes the gameplay so much better, pc master race though, how do I antialiasing

This is objectively wrong.

whos the qt

Unironically, no cutscenes

where can I find mods? any good sites?

Nexus

Nexus. Infinite Heaven is a must have.

Thank you!

nothing went wrong faggots, it's an amazing game you can beat with infinite playstyles and also has a good modding scene. MGSfags are the worst, they hate video GAMES

It fell for the open world meme, it could've been great with tighter level design but what we've got is 2 massive maps with a whole load of fuck all to them, I mean what can you do there really just fuck around or complete side op #78929, don't get me wrong though fucking around can be pretty fun but it could've just as well been an added bonus or whatever for completing the game or something like the tommy gun and mafia suit for RE4 for instance and also the severe lack of story and what we've got was pretty stupid anyways, maybe they couldn't pay kiefer for more than a few lines or something who knows but it really needed it to be more memorable to me

what's the hair mod? I haven't found anything on nexus, my waifus stay with their ugly default hair :(

I wanna fug Laci.

should have stop the series at 3

Open world is great, it give you freedom to choose from which point you strike and drifting around with D-Walker while fultoning everything with the ballista listening to Take on Me is a lot of fun.
Seriously take off your nostalgia googles and replay MGS2 and tell me with a straight face those boring corridors are good level design.

MGS3 and even GZ had better level design.

Kojima is a hack, which 4 already proved.

Agree, but MGSV is still good and receive too much hate.

You don't need open world for that. All you need is the base and about 100m surrounding it, similar to GZ. Creating the barren wasteland between bases just soaked up dev time and resources that would've been put to better use elsewhere. It also severely limited where the story could go because essentially all of it had to be contained within those two maps. I've said it a hundred times - the game would have been MUCH better off having 30 GZ-sized maps.

I don't think they wasted too much time on the wastelands, if I'm not mistaken those should be auto generated with only minimal manual intervention.

youtube.com/watch?v=qCs0xxUS5as
Wastelands are easy to makes, open world is not the problem.

All they had to do was release an editor.

If it took more than zero time, they spent too much and it would have been better spent making other small levels. MB was another complete waste, though I think it pretty much got scrapped when Konami forced the release and getting it to work with 360 and ps3 was probably not possible.

Then there are the other debatable time wasters like plant and animal collection. People new to the series probably get a kick out of this but I doubt any long time fans of the series are happy with the tradeoff.

>believing the previous gen meme

>plant and animal collection
MGS3 had these too.

You were right up until that stupid ass second sentence. Dev time was squandered in a variety of ways on both Kojima AND Konami's part and it lead to disaster. Konami FORCING Fox engine to work with the previous generation of consoles in the middle of its development was indeed one of these retarded decisions that wound up eating up far too much dev time.

That doesn't mean it should have been PC only, you pathetic elitist platformwarbaby.

One of the composers who made OST to MGSV said that once she made the whole soundtrack, Kojima suddenly decided that this is not it (even though previously had no problems) and told to remove it completely. And shit like that happened with most parts of the game.

It was part of the survival mechanic and not autistic collection.

MGSV lacked a lot of the feeling and vibes that made MGS what it was. That's not to say that it wasn't an enjoyable game; it just felt soulless a lot of the time.

Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel.

Basically no boss fights, characters seemed flat, no indoor sneaking. It was missing most of the things I loved about the series.

MGS3 wasn't as blatantly unfinished as TPP, either.

Open world

chapter 3

>no interiors
>almost empty world
>lack of unique bosses
>made by hideo kojima roll credits every 15 minutes
>we have a story so we better tell it on tapes instead of showing it
>story is a shitfest look at these cool lighting effects on my blade in slow motion and my meaningless one liners

I don't get why people think V has good gameplay. It has good control of main character, but the gameplay is repetitive shit and you have to constantly do self-imposing challenges (like not using tranq) just to make it interesting.

I think the biggest problem with the game for me (other than it not being finished) was most of the cutscenes going through audio tapes. It was a great way to present you with missions but it made Snake just feel like an observer when he was supposed to be running the show. I think he had maybe ten minutes of dialogue in the whole game.

Inb4 faggots try to argue it isn't open world

>mgs3
>decreased focus on the story

Oh shit nigger what are you doing that's so wrong. The whole last third of that game is nothing but cutscenes and boss battles, and the boss battles are so short compared to the multiple villain monologues.

[CITATION NEEDED, AARON]

XBone is the closest to nuclear disarmament, so he's probably going for that.

>a game in series that has always been made for console should've been a PC exclusive

>>MGS3
>>gameplay improved
>>decreased focus on story
kek

open world. remember that checkpoint you just saw a minute ago? well here's another one with no differences.

???

Why are all the linear segments the best part of the game?

the post is full of shit

>walking down a hallway at a snails pace while kaz blabs on about nothing
>best part of the game

>kaz tells me to shoot the infected
>shoot one
>GAME OVER "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?"
???????????

MGSV has objectively the worst cast, just a sausage fest where everyone has the same generic gruff voice and non-characters like Quiet and Psycho Mantis

>snake, kaz, ocelot in a room
>mumble mumble mumble nukes

>solid snake and liquid in a room
>mumble mumble mumble genes

i'll never understand the vehement hate for lucas by people who perpetuate that star wars was their childhood despite them 9/10 times being born closer to the prequels than the originals.

nice redditlettermedia opinion though, prequel setting is GOAT, just used way too much CG

burned the candle at both ends. biggest offender is lack of indoor stealth sections. you finally get to a new one then realise the same level is your template for the next 20 missions

Does Ocelot even have SAAs in V?
Every time I see him unholster his guns they are Matebas. Was this something to do with gun licenceing,or Kojimas retardation?

Too ambitious.
Unreachable goals due to lack of time and development issues and dramas.

It is a great game. Gameplay wise perfect.
It just feels incomplete because it is incomplete

Lucas is a terrible director and the prequels are shit, that's a fact.

>Liquid Snake
>British Accent
>mumbling
Yeah nah m8, MGS1 also has the rest of FOXHOUND, Snake's codec team, Meryl and Otacon for variety. In MGSV you're stuck with a handful of mopey cunts for about 60 hours

>Lucas is a terrible director
>THX 1138
>American Graffiti
>Star Wars (1977)
Always a laugh when Sup Forumsirgins try to talk film

And that's it.

All 45 of the 50 missions consist of fultoning/killing an NPC

I haven't had a hearty kek this week until I read your post. Thanks user.

>any of that shit
>good

>your little student film gets critically lauded by respected directors worldwide
>second film is one of the most successful films in the decade it came out
>third one of the most successful films EVER
>become tired of directing so become a producer
>decades later sell it all for 4 billion so you can retire
Yeah his career really went to shit

The prequels were successes for the same reason TFA did, it has Star Wars name on it.
When most of your movies are garbage then no, you are not a good director.

>shitting on george lucas using a hideo kojima reaction image
sweet irony

Worry not Kojima will redeem himself with his next game, which is another MGS title.

So Lucas is the perfect equivalent of Kojima in movie form.

pretty much yeah, a once promising director/developer who became an obsessive control freak who was also a prisoner to his IP

>that webm
Was it autism?

He definitely has legit autism

ANAKIN YOURE BREAKING MY HEART.

>mfw I used my success to remain independent for my entire career and never had to answer to a corporation like Konami