Why are people so hell-bent on the idea that this game will flop?

Why are people so hell-bent on the idea that this game will flop?

Other urls found in this thread:

previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN170973
previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN170900
previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN170856
previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN170959
youtube.com/watch?v=VpK1tmcPjm0\
youtube.com/watch?v=VZEAuYNKN7I
youtube.com/watch?v=_1yvQ4sq-R4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The problem is that it WON'T flop.

FPBP
Sadly

It represents everything that is wrong with fighting games.

It's mostly just MvC3 babbies and casuals who didn't play TvC.

Also Tekkenfags, there's been a ton of shilling that lately and it makes sense that it appeared around the same time MvCI coverage is ramping up.

They got burned on SFV and now they desperately want Capcom to eat crow. Rather than focus on the shitty season pass model, however, people would rather cry about how chun li is an uggo and drive the function comment right into the ground. It's all a reddit crusade anyway, you see Kappa expressing the same exact opinions.

I don't have high hopes for the game and I think it looks ugly as sin, but I vote with my dollar rather than tell people I think it sucks because I can't play magneto

You aren't gonna buy it, are you?

Yup. Retards will eat it up. The character choices are mostly MCU inspired and there aren't many oddball choices like MODOK or Taskmaster.

I'm keeping an open mind but at the moment, no.

I don't understand it either. KoFXIV looked like absolute shit, but it got shilled excessively around here because "the gameplay is still good". Now MvCI looks like crap, but so-called fans accuse players of being marketers when they say the game is actually fun despite of how it looks. Just look at and . People WANT it to fail because they have some beef with Capcom over menial shit.

It has Marvel in the title, so for every person shitting on the game, it will gain five new players.

People are hating on this because its made with shady and unfair business practices.

Its success is justifying to Marvel and Capcom that they can keep doing it.

>its made with shady and unfair business practices
'
A season pass isn't a "shady unfair business practice" when it's become almost universally adopted as a DLC practice.

Adopted, but not accepted.

And lets not forget the character choices, with awful explanations like "no one remembers X-Men" or "functions".

>shit like day one dlcs, season pass, preorder bonuses
>using the roster as promotions for other shit instead of what the fans really love
>previous game looks visually better
>chun-li's face

If people keep buying them then, yes, it's accepted by the majority of consumers and that's all the matters. If it wasn't turning a profit, companies wouldn't do it.

>no one remembers X-Men

X-Men books have been floundering for years now, it's been shown time and again that only Wolverine moves units. Lest we forget how hard the Avengers suffered when MvC2 was released to make nearly 1/3 of the cast X-Men. (Not an exaggeration)

>functions

I'm not going to further beat this dead horse.

>Roster is underwhelming
>Half the final boss is DLC
>Art direction is weird
>Gameplay is actually pretty good
>Finally get Monster Hunter shit
I'm trying to stay optimistic, nonetheless.

First strike was the fact that the leaked roster is VERY boring and safe on the Capcom side outside Jedah and Monster Hunter. Marvel side is also missing muties which are a staple of MvC.

Second Strike is that the story mode feels cheaply thrown together just to have characters acknowledge eachother and not bring out more proper character interactions (see PxZ 1 and 2 for better crossover character dynamics).

Final strike would be that they intend to have this game out by September with the visuals looking shoddy as they do

Bonus strike would be locking 6 fighters (2 of which are seemingly done since they're in the story mode) behind paywall.

There's also changing certain inputs (for example DP motion has become down down) to make it more accessible which IMO is MORE annoying to have to press down twice.

It won't flop, so there is no reason to support it. It doesn't look like it'll be worth the money until two or three DLC seasons are done.

>tfw your favorite mutie isn't going to be in

>Avengers suffered when MvC2 was released

Not true. Majority of X-men where there due to just reusing previous fighting game movesets and sprites slapped in.

Also there were more bold and risky character choices like Black Heart, Silver Samurai, Thanos, Spiral, etc. than just adding Thor, Strange and a few missing Avengers.

>leaked covers for the comic variants show dormammu is playable
>rocket and morrigan and randomly in the background of Hawkeye #9 while dante and hawkeye fight
>that could mean that random characters could be on the covers and there's a slight chance that we'll get more than 34 base

I hope

It just doesn't really look as fun. the roster feels lacking. I mean, hell, most of the capcom roster is recycled from MvC3, who the fuck asked for Nemesis to come back? He's one of my favorite monsters ever and even I don't think he was worth the slot in infinite. and really I don't like the input changes. I can rattle out SRKs in my sleep but I can't do double down.

What if the fucking do it. What if they actually leave out spiderman out of the base game

>The character choices are mostly MCU inspired
Which would have been FINE if they actually used more of the MCU. No Scarlet Witch and Vision is pure insanity. No Starlord or Red Skull is irksome. The lack of the Netflix characters is almost certainly to hold out of a "Defenders pack" DLC, which will have Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and three recycled capcom characters.

He's in. Perlmutter probably is angry about it, but Marvel and Sony have a relationship at the moment, and leaving Spiderman out could be seen as an insult. Even Venom is apparently in (base or DLC is unsure though).

Yeah. I wouldn't have an issue with MCU choices but they picked the least interesting people. What is Gamora gonna do besides have a sword compared to someone like Vision?

My biggest issue with them is their PR. I just don't think they're functioning properly.
Normies will eat up Dragon Ball more than Marvel, and "professional" players that aren't blatantly being paid to say good things about MVCI are saying Dragon Ball is the better fighter.

It's dead already.

>tfw the best chances for Jin and Captain Commando to return is DLC

These
>KoF XIV comes out
>LMAOOOO PS1 GRAPHICS LMAOOO WHO DOES THIS
>no one touches the game
meanwhile...
>Infinite shows gameplay
>OH MY GOD IT LOOKS SO FUCKING AMAZING OH MY GOD I NEED A MINUTE HERE AFTER SEEIN CHUN LI OH MAN SHE IS GORGEOUS AND HAS NEVER LOOKED BETTER

Its pretty obvious what is going on

previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN170973
previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN170900
previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN170856
previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN170959

>Be a NRSfag
>Have little to no emotional attachment to Marvel vs Capcom series
>Infinite looking so damning that even I'm disgusted

Do you think the X-Men got solo fighting-game ventures because they WEREN'T popular? It was always about riding the wave of peak mutie popularity in the 90s.

Also, it's not fair at all to give them credit for making picks like Black Heart and Spiral when they were also picked to make use of reused assets. Even if Capcom has an odd fascination with random Marvel villains.

What's your favorite function guys?

No one gives a shit about the comics any more, it's all about the movies, as evidenced by the terrible roster on the Marvel side. X-Men movies do well enough that Marvel should be capitalizing off the free advertising but the company is run by morons so they sideline the muties.

its not going to flop hard, but the sales will likely not satisfy marvel/disney and capcom for such a flag ship title

game itself looks bad visually, roster choice is tiny and rehashed, DLC already planned pre release. literally the only redeeming quality is the gameplay potentially and we know damn well thats not going to save a game

I wish people would stop comparing this shitshow to TvC.

>released as DLC
>not included in Ultimate MvC Infinite
>DLC removed from all services shortly after

Yea I'm still mad.

my favorite function from last game, function_Lawyer isn't in it so i guess in MvCI i'll play function_OverpushedDyke

pre order and get all starting dlc and future dlcs characters
"this roster is ass, i cant afford more characters"

function_beserker_garage

The fun thing about the X-Men being popular in the 90s is that Marvel efforts to specifically make them less popular haven't really put a dent in them. Ike Perlmutter did everything he could to make people hate mutants (Hell, I'm pretty sure normal Wolverine is dead, and has been for years in the comics), but it never mattered. Even with "No more mutants" and Cyclops dying from bad gas, the X-men are still more popular than any Marvel property that doesn't have a movie (and probably still more popular than a few that do). With the 90s cartoon on things like Hulu, and a Fox movie every few years, people still care more about the X-men than a lot of other comic properties. Even the comics sometimes get to be good because, as Marvel wants them to fail, they don't let Bendis write every book. It's crazy how much Marvel actively is trying not to push something that is absurdly popular, a staple of Western pop culture.

All because Ike Perlmutter is an old cry baby.

"wow look at their faces!! im not going to play a fighting game becase their faces, im not going to play becase they left out muh xmen, magneto, storm sentinal, and x23" mvcz had gambit ice man psylocke cyclops cable and collosses and 2 fucking wolverines, just go play that game, i will admit capcom shit the bed not having gene or any powerstones characters but at least my boi firebrand got in, time to drag niggas all over the stage and boost my speed with the time stone

This. Anti-capcomdrones are the worst.

people that think there wont be an xmen dlc are fucking stupid, and if your complaining about dlc why didnt you preorder it and get them all in bulk instead of spending more buying the individually after they come out

how big of a shit storm will it be if they made umvc3 rehashed characters as DLC characters like vergil or trish

if to this day sfv isnt being improved with suggestions of the fans, what makes you think marvel will be, and dont give me that team bull. cause capcom is so tight everyone is working on the same thing. in fact marvel seems like it will be heavily dlc based.

no the game looks like shit and they didnt even try.

I'm not playing the game because the best fighting game of all time is coming out July 20.

how am i anti capcom, im saying they shit the bed by not having more legacy characters, i mean fucking spencer is back? like wtf as long as jedah is legit and the leak that says hagger are in im ok for now but hopefully the dlcs bring in more old school pics

a game you haven't played is the best...
ill just be buying both and kicking your asses in both online

I played and loved uniel and unist is even better.

even by your own admission. wolverine could easily sell extra copies. there is no reason that would hurt profit not to include at least him, especially since this game reuses assets. he;s technically done.

oh shit my bad i read your comment weird

I think the bigger problem is how soulless Capcom ' s side of the roster is, MCU focus is one thing but Capcom' s is even worse when it comes to little to no oddball characters, hardly any ones that really stand out either.

It won't flop, but it looks like shit compared to DBFZ and Sigma and Black Panther are DLC, how jew can you get?

this.

capcom has so many ip's to choose from they could easily make a real capcom vs game. but there too safe and dont wasn't to spend money on creating new assets. just make a 20 dollar fighter cherry picking some of the medicore picks from there ip's then make a grind to pay/pay system like sfv and release popular ip's through it's life span, using popular polls to suggest who to make. if capcom wants to go e-sports this is the best model they could do.

to be honest of all developers i know. capcom squandered it's potential hard.

not spending money on something you want, how jew can you get?

>The roster sucks
>The game looks like shit
>Shitty DLC pushing
>Despite these 3 major cons it still will sell well cuz IT'S MAHVEL BABY

That's pretty much it.

Because every Capcom fighting game after SF4 has sold like shit.

Why can't they be part of the fucking base game? Why do they need to jew people for these characters that people are obivously gonna want for some extra shekels.

because black panther is having a moie
im 99% sure they only added sigma b/c of an interview with a mvc3 fag that said, "capcum plz gibbe sigma"

Did you play the demo? It's fucking garbage. How do you make a game in 2017 and is a sequel to 3 previous games this fucking horrible? Literally worse than the first in the series.

trash roster, ugly graphics, terrible PR

movie*

also i get a real bad feeling he;s gonna be an altered wolverine function.

i agree, most of the new people will have "functions"to be like previous characters that they cut, for example if they add blade he will play like virgil

We don't even know what the full roster IS and they're already shilling DLC characters, taht ain't good at all.

>Marvel never sold as well as SF and Capcom's last SF game sold like shit
>Bad word of mouth carried over from SFV
>Early DLC announcement pissed people off
>Moviefags don't buy games
>It's a fighting game
>Shitty graphics turned into a meme
>Horrible PR
>Casual aimed story mode demo was terrible

but it'll do well competitively

you can only hope they keep adding in more and more dlcs, i know it looks bad but i will still play and shit on casuals

because modern Marvel is a shitty SJW corporate company now with no soul, and theyre forcing Capcom to make Marvel Cinematic Hollywood shit for this game instead of keeping its spirit

that said, ill get it if its good. theres just a chance it may be bad because Marvel is such an awful company

>tfw I love Black Panther and Wolverine but don't want one to just steal another's moveset

Which would suck, because they should put the normal Wolverine function out, and Black Panther should have tons of unique moves.

"panther claw!"
"drill panther!"
"berserker panther!

>mfw it would be dead in the water competitively from day one if capcom didn't pay all the big names

Have fun then I guess, barring them revealing something absolutely insane, I'm skipping MVCI and saving my money for Dragon Ball

Lost my shit, thanks user.

Actually, Marvel Entertainment's CEO Ike Perlmutter is a huge ultra-conservative. And a crazy, petty asshole. I'm partially convinced he allows/encourages shitty SJW pushes in the comics specifically to make people hate liberals. It may seem far fetched, but Ike isn't a normal person, he's a cartoon character.

ill be getting both because i like vidya games
and i like comics and animu

Because its not like this
youtube.com/watch?v=VpK1tmcPjm0\

I do too, I just hate shitty business practices and modern Capcom.

>Reduces from 3v3 to 2v2 despite the best selling and most loved games being 3v3

>game reuses 80% of its assets from a 5 year old game that was itself an updated re-release to polished and finished the prior game that felt incomplete

>Cast preference isn't based on story, fan appreciation, or which would be interesting mechanically, but just to shill MCU for Disney

>Teams tell people that "nobody probably even remembers the x-men" "Why do you need magneto when we have another triangle jumper right here!" "A character is really just a function, and we got great functions in this game!"

>Adds a broken Gem mechanic that is poorly balanced in an already offbalance series

>Forced and boring story mode that barely seems like the characters are in line with their personalities and rather just reading a script for MOJOTV.

>Hyper simplification because doing dragon punch motion is too hard

>The soulless "Realistic" art style that fucked up so many iconic characters images

>DAY 1 ON DISC DLC for 6 FUCKING CHARACTERS IN A FIGHTING GAME

This will be the game to either bury Capcom or force them back to their roots.

If RE6 making huge sales but also losing money didn't wake them up, I don't think anything will at this point.

Will mods fix it?

Reminds me of that video with the Seth lookin' fuckers doing the same thing.

That robot that can shoot little robots.

i agree, we need capt commando, jin, gene, ed falcon, protoman, pyron, and the guy from breath of fire 1

Made by the same person.
youtube.com/watch?v=VZEAuYNKN7I
strange how that works out

>Forced and boring story mode that barely seems like the characters are in line with their personalities and rather just reading a script for MOJOTV.
i dont get this. when watching the story demo, EVERYONE seemed to be all buddy buddy, was kinda cringe for my taste. 'dante x rocket'

>The soulless "Realistic" art style that fucked up so many iconic characters images

ms marvel looks like an anime doll. looking at her and uug-li. theres no doubt in my mind marvel did this on purpose, especially when sfv chun exist.

>DAY 1 ON DISC DLC for 6 FUCKING CHARACTERS IN A FIGHTING GAME

the game really seems to be set up on dlc with no fight money system that sfv has. with all honesty is one of sfv great pros. there holding out on the good stuff for dlc. technically there should be no reason why the entire umvc3 roster plus the new additions shouldn't be in now that we know there reused assets.

That's the one. Capcom's DLC better have some cool choices because it's kinda lacking right now.

>Game is MCU focused.
>"Okay, at least we can finally cool characters that have shown up like Daredevil or Loki or maybe we can finally get Vison"
>Will all be dlc is they are even in at all.
The MCU has plenty of good characters to choose form and they still managed to fuck it up.

Well, they are missing a couple other functions that belongs to niggas in UmvC3.
they could always just snatch those assets as DLC youtube.com/watch?v=_1yvQ4sq-R4

>Weapon Panther ends with Giant P slash marks

black panther sharpens claws....
"chlk chk tck tock ...rookie"

Wesker doesn't look bad with a sword.

>Actually, Marvel Entertainment's CEO Ike Perlmutter is a huge ultra-conservative
thats hard to believe considering theyre ruining almost every iconic comic franchise by injecting it with... wait a minute let me check something
>inserts pic related
yea, now it makes sense why this "conservative" is doing this stuff

>Green Goblin and Silver Surfer never cause Capcom can't figure out how to make a glider or board work.

More like
>Goblin and Surfer never because FUCK SONY and FUCK FOX

I
IZ
KANG

>Doc Ock almost made it in 3
They brought Frank in Ultimate though so I can't complain too much

This is exactly whats going on.