Who else here is bad at fighting games?

Who else here is bad at fighting games?

Other urls found in this thread:

fightcade.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>playing fighting game competitively
don't fall for the meme

I know the combos but they just don't fucking work, or they work half the time. Its like my hands lock up under stress and I can't even move.

>buy two copies of fighting game for me and friend during steam sale so we can have some fun duking it out
>he's out of town for the weekend, but he thanks me and says he'll install as soon as he comes back
>find my team
>practice combos with them for three nights, feel great about my abilities
>finally he gets home
>he installs
>he practices for 15 minutes
>he fucking destroys me
>uninstall

right here senpai. it's why I love smash

>ragequit.txt

Me. I gave up on most online fighting. I do singleplayer and training for flashy combos, then play with my friends who are better than me but at least go easy. I play them every now and then, I just realized early on I don't want to dedicated most of my gaming to practicing for a single game, while still getting heavily wrecked. It's not worth it.

Neither of us play fighting games at all. This is fucking bullshit and proves that practice doesn't mean shit.

Can't let it get me down, i love em still. I still play old fighting games like Capcom Vs SNK 2 because i just love this stuff even if i suck. Martial arts and colourful larger than life characters with stories hopes, dreams and fears? Im in.

I'm bad compared to truly serious players but I can whoop your ass up and down.

>"i'm a noob, in the end it didn't even matter"

>consolefags have to take pictures of their TVs and then phonepost because not a single one of them is smart enough to use the screenshot feature

swine.

Im one of the best overall gamers in the country ,okay? *snort*

Well, I don't play them so I'm probably terrible at them. but that doesn't bother me because I don't play them.

everytime i try out fighting games i try to do those weird ass button combo's
everytime i spend maybe a full hour trying to do 1 attack, but it fails 99% of the time
how do they do it, it's fucking impossible

i didnt have friends, so i never bought or played fighting or racing games

the second controller for the snes mini will just make me feel lonely

We were both complete newbies and yet he always completely decimated me even though I had combo practice. Fucking explain it. He was button mashing.

>I still play old fighting games like Capcom Vs SNK 2 because i just love this stuff even if i suck

there's still a community for cvs2?

Quicker. I thought you mustards understood the importance if "convienince?"

You sound like you have zero fundamentals. Learn to punish and play footsies and pokes.

you answered your own question

you are so shit a buttonmasher could beat you ez

What does it mean to be bad? I went to a local tourney for fun, nothing major and I played SFV for the second time in my life and played Zangief and was beating the bricks off of everyone in my side of the bracket and in the final match I lost to a Chun-Li main who did nothing but crouching kicks and I couldn't get near her so I lost.

Of course not, but i don't care about communities, i wnjoy fighting games on my own too.

>i wnjoy fighting games on my own too.

huh?

>lilith waifufag

do you even play vampire savior kid? can you even pushblock or combo into DI?

>Good enough to beat most average players
>Bad enough to get stomped in locals

I hav the same exact problem.

Playing mkx with Kung Lao and I can do some pretty slick shit in training but then and actual opponent shows up and I'm back to failing timings or resorting to cheap simple combos. Idk man.

>everytime i try out fighting games i try to do those weird ass button combo's
>everytime i spend maybe a full hour trying to do 1 attack, but it fails 99% of the time
>how do they do it, it's fucking impossible
Same, because the combos don't work

>thread about people admitting they are shit at fighting games
>"why are you being such a casual kid?"

I have played fighting games my whole life user but not at arcades and sometimes friends were not always about. Im saying i enjoy playing single player modes of old non-online games still. Today i played Tekken 4, Darkstalkers 3 and Street fighter Alpha. The funny thing is, nothing seems to trigger autists more than aidmitting you enjoy playing single player modes sometimes, as if mentioning it will lower their rank by just hearing it. I feel kind of sad for guys who used to buy games before online multiplayer was a thing but only dusted off their discs when friends came round.

You might not think im being "competitive" user, but i like it this way, and no amount of e-peen disgracing will stop me ever.

Beleive it or not a play better with a dpad than a thumbstick, is there somethig wrong with me?

>vampire savior
>rank

merely asked you if you played the game online and knew basic tech for the game and a basic combo for the character you posted, and you are being conspicuously silent

I'll ask again

do you know what advancing guard is

and can you combo into darkness illusion

Nope. Started playing it for the first time yesterday. I have no idea what im doing, but the universal monster theme has me enthusiastic. Started a thread last night to see what people thought about Darkstalkers. It got 498 replies which was nice.

My win percentage for SF4 may very well have been in the single digits. I would attribute it to two things. First, my timing and intuition of when I should be attacking is terrible. I could never get the hang of reacting to the opponent rather than just puting out attacks and hoping for the best. Second, years after I gave up, I realized the TV I was using had absolutely terrible input lag to the point where rhythm games were unplayable. I'm sure this second reason was actually my entire problem and I would be amazing if I tried again, but I would rather just keep that belief and not try.

>secretly master the shitty meme character to dominate the hardcore friends

fightcade.com/

You can't only practise combos. You'd literally do better mashing heavy kick than trying to do a combo without actually knowing how to start it.

>tfw I always main a "joke" character to give people a chance but end up getting good with them

No. Even good players have said choose your own prefrence. TheMainManSWE specializes in EWGF, KB and wave dashing to a decent level and he says go d-pad if you want.

I own Darkstalkers on my PS3 though.

playlei

except the community plays on fightcade

>tfw Street Fighter V made me interested in taking fighting games seriously
>tfw everyone losing interest by the day
>tfw bought basically every fighting game that's somewhat relevant and nothing really gets me both 1) really excited to play and 2) has a community that makes me feel that I could get any better with the right kind of practice

I hate fitecade... everyone is too good

what are you talking about? 80% of fightcade is retarded scrubs and 20% is actually competent players

still better ratio than modern games though

>except the community plays on fightcade

Did you miss the part where i said im a massive casual who cannot into decent gameplay styles and likes them for fun?

Badness is a spectrum.

I could be better, but I'm a top 3 threat at locals at least.

>Did you miss the part where i said im a massive casual who cannot into decent gameplay styles and likes them for fun?

Maybe you should start practicing and playing competent people then if you actually care about these games instead of just making them your personal walking simulators? Hmmmm....

Tekken is the only fighting game i take online to be honest, and even then, i am only a green rank Kazuya main

I've been wanting to get into fighting games as of late. What should I start with?

Skreet Fighter

Fitecade ssf2

Well what are you interested in

you meant ST (super turbo) right? nobody plays ssf2

Combos are important but not that important. For example in Tekken 7 I can get someone to half health without them touching the ground or using combos at all.

Melty Blood because it's free and real fucking good. There's also Fightcade for playing the classics online.

Yep. Also I apparently have terrible taste because I get fascinated with all of the unpopular games on the verge of death.

I'm tired of this shit
No one is innately good at fighting games. No one has ever just picked up any fighting game and immediately was competitive. You're not bad, you're too lazy to put in the work to get better like every other good player did. Stop using "I'm bad" as an excuse. Go play the damn game more

Which ones? Discord has revitalized a lot of dying fighting games.

Not me, I have an average of a 70% win ratio on every fighting game I play.
Platinum in SFV, A rank in SFIV.

>No one is innately good at fighting games. No one has ever just picked up any fighting game and immediately was competitive.

no but some people have way more natural talent than others and will outshine others given the same amount of time, or sometimes even less

louffy, infil and others started in 09 and became world dominating players while oldfags on srk have been playing since the 90s and can't even win locals

mike watson was one of the preeminent players back in the sf2 days when he was like 15

natural talent is real in any game, especially high skill ceiling ones like fighting or RTS

Lately I've been trying to get into DOA. Before that I was playing a lot of Blazblue. Also Killer Instinct looks like fun, so I want to try that out when the non-Windows 10 version comes out.

KI is literally one of my favorite fighters now.

Is ArcSys the Call of Duty of fighting games? They all look the same.

Fighting games are the most casual of competitive titles, user.

I really like combo systems where the person getting comboed can still do something, and the game looks like it has some of the whackiest character gimmicks next to an ASW game so it's fun to watch. So I hope people will still be playing.

>practice for three days
>get rekt by a button masher

Welcome to my hell for just about everything.

Remember going to Chess club intro meeting, historically crushing everyone I had played. Looking for a challenge. Get paired with a regional who played 5 games at once because 1 opponent was too easy, still crushes all of them including me. Hear if I join I get to play him every week. Didn't join.

I want to get Tekken 7 but I don't want denuvo on my pc.

I want the new KOF but looks like no one is playing that.

I want Rev 2 but I don't want to have to hunt for matches.

I went to a local for SFV. I hadn't played in a year and said whatever, I'll participate. A Gief beat me bad. I only won one round with Mika.

I was really good at SF4. Decent at SF5, but I wasn't really feeling it. Aren't any other games that play like SF, so I just kinda stopped playing fighting games.

I miss SF4. Those were good times.

play sf2

More like they are literally the only competitive titles that can't maintain a casual playerbase.

Think about it, how crazy is that?

I-I don't suck. I just use bad characters to restrain my power level

The games I want to play like Guilty Gear have a stupid high difficulty curve and I've started to lose motivation even if getting curbstomped was a lot of fun at first. I recognize that games like Street Fighter V are easier but that game is boring to even start up.

If you're a total newbie play sfv, it's got populated online and is super basic so you'll be able to learn fundamentals, once you get to gold or just feel confident in your abilities move onto to something more complex

I suck and still use bad characters because I have more fun with some of them.

I did until I got good with them.
>inb4 Smash isn't a fighter

No one should play SFV for any reason, except maybe to learn how to not design a fighting game.

I tried playing Killer Instinct and I was blown away by the amount of things I need to remember just to do simple combos. Fighting game players are either really smart or very autistic.

LOLSMASH ISA PARTYGAME GOBCKTOREDDITLOLLLLLLLLL

You're right that certain people are more inclined to become better, but everyone needed practice. A shit ton. I think a lot of people give up and say "I'm bad" after like 40 hrs of playtime because they haven't seen any success in their short career. That was more what I was referring to

Really? Killer Instinct's combos are pretty freeform. Not that there isn't tons to memorize, but at least KI has clear universal rules.

It's not too hard. You just gotta practice. I believe in you, user.

>actually recommending a practically solved game with 20 regular online players tops
This is a terrible idea.

Old dude here. Haven't played fighting games since Dreamcast. Anything have good challenging solo play? I have no internet at the moment

I used bad characters and win.

I was hitting up the arcades in Shibuya the other day using Dan "The Man" Hibiki.

lol, he's not going to be "solving' anything any time soon. If you want to learn fundamentals playing sf2 is the best place to start.

I think Netherrealms games are generally agreed to have the best single player content. Although I don't know about challenging.

street fighter 4 in a nutshell

Injustice 2 has a pretty good story mode that you can change the difficulty on. Very hard bots on that game are bonkers though

No, but he will be getting dunked on by the same person for months on end. Starting fighting games with ST is like starting boxing by having an amateur lightweight punch you in the face.

That's exactly what happened to me with pic related

>Starting fighting games with ST is like starting boxing by having an amateur lightweight punch you in the face.

It's what I did back on GGPO and I'm waaaay better off for it.

Lol the entire strategy is "attack constantly to prevent enemy from doing anything".

Literally just hammer quick attacks until they're stunned, then use heavier attacks and grapples. It's really not that hard.

Literally every fight, just immediately use a flurry of quick attacks and then use heavies when you see an opening. Blocking, dodging, all that is fucking loser bullshit and will get you killed.

DOMINATE FROM THE START EVERY ROUND. ONLY ACCEPTABLE STRATEGY.

>play fighting game online
>it's a shitter spamming projectiles or who knows all the combos at beginner lvl
if you smurf you are dogshit at games.

smash isn't a fighting game user

I simply cannot see starting against Vega loops, T.Hawk loops, Balrog loops, and O.Sagat zoning ending in any way but going "Why the fuck am I doing this?"

im also bad at rts but i dont play boring shitty genres, so hey

it's called patience and perseverance

I play rhythm games until today and am still complete garbage, so no surprise I am also bad at fighting games with all the inputs involved

But I do enjoy the times I go into the zone and pull the combo off

Why am I seeing more and more of these posts?
Are you pansies so afraid of competition that you don't see how stupid your posts are?

Fighting games are made to be played competitively. They're made around multiplayer, offline and online. Saying not to play fighting games "competitively" is essentially saying to play them offline against the computer or with your friends who don't actually know how to play the game so you don't have to come up against someone who actually plays the game for the mechanics.

Fuck, so stupid.

What was the game that made you want to git gud Sup Forums?