So after a year of saving up, the parts for my PC are coming in a few days. What's the best way to get Windows on it?

So after a year of saving up, the parts for my PC are coming in a few days. What's the best way to get Windows on it?
>Pirating windows - high risk and complicated but free
>Kinguin/G2A keys = only 30 bucks, chance of getting a bad key but there's buyer protection for that
>Paying full price for windows = like $100 bucks but virtually no complications

Other urls found in this thread:

xubuntu.org/getxubuntu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pirating Windows 7 is a bitch, most want keys and high chance of viruses

dumb moco poster

Just buy it.

Get a legit ISO of Windows and use AutoKMS. Just make sure you get it from a legit source, there's all sorts of fake mirrors.

buy it man I had a friend pirate windows and now he's serving life in prison no joke

whats high risk about pirating windows?

ive used the same activation program for 5 years

Probably just buy it, I would have but I got my W7 key for free from Microsoft when I was in college that I still use.

Which version of Windows are you thinking?

I like 7 the best, but it only has a few more years until EOL and is being neglected already. I've heard you can wrangle windows 8 down to something resembling a respectable desktop if you put the effort in. Windows 10 is spyware central and likes to change your settings without warning every update but it is also the only place where you can get Bone Zone games on your PC and use DirectX12.

>Pirating windows - high risk

oh shit I'm still in college maybe I can get a key too
I would have done Windows 7 a few years back but it's getting kind of outdated and I don't want to have to worry about it 2-3 years down the line. Probably gonna do W10 since I don't have too much of a problem with microsoft invading my privact

>Pirating windows
>High risk
What the fuck are you on ive been using pirated copies of windows for fuckin years.

Get Windows 10 for free and never put any information about you on this computer.

Or install gento and playonlinux.

>Pirating windows - high risk and complicated but free
Are you trying to bait us into posting you a tutorial?

>tfw pirated Windows 7 and got a free legit update to Windows 10 when Microsoft was desperate for adopters

Took awhile but I'm used to it now.

>Are you trying to bait us into posting you a tutorial?
W-what?! No! No, no, no...Y-yes.

>spending hundreds of dollars on hardware
>not spending 90$ to have the core piece of software all the hardware runs on be legitimate
Spend the money on windows 7. If you have to get 10, just buy a refurbished laptop with 7 instead and return all the shit you bought.

>"free"
Your personal info is the payment. Also, ads on an OS.

>pirating Windows
>complicated and high risk
Just download a Windows 7 .iso from Microsoft and unlock it with Daz loader, you fucking twit.

Or you could download Linux and have no risk and not even complicated.

xubuntu.org/getxubuntu/
Here's is a distro similar to windows.

What ads?

OP. You're paying food money for parts. Don't fuck it up by backdooring your system by pirating. Additionally, Microsoft does silly shit with keys.

just buy windows 10 off of amazon or something. you'll want windows 10 because of dx12 support which windows 7 will lack.

If he's buying a pc for gaming and he isn't rich, all his software is going to be pirated anyway

Click the start menu.
Recieve ads.

I feel bad for you for having to buy a PC while the cryptocurrency faggots have inflated the prices.

Also go with Linux.

>pirating is complicated
Oh, so I found out why Sup Forums suddenly loved g2a: half of you are underaged retards.

Can I play dx12 games on it?

Soon™

OP here.
A bunch of people have been saying piracy is an option as it isn't as unsafe as I thought (one time I downloaded a windows 7 iso for shits and giggles and my antivirus said it was bad and I didn't really want to risk it) so I'm looking at that now but keep in mind I don't have anything to pirate it on atm.
This might be a roundabout way of going about it but can I install Linux on the PC, pirate windows 7 and replace Linux with that, and then get a legit update to Windows 10?
>inb4 just stick with Linux
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Linux have basically no officially supported steam games? It's my understanding that Linux and SteamOS are the same and SteamOS is a pile of shit

Who is this jizz wizz?

GNU/Linux has a bunch of games. You could dual boot. Plus, do you really want to be unprepared when Microsoft pulls the rug out from under people and makes Windows 10 run stuff store-only? There will be alternatives and competitors like GNU/Linux, but in the intermediate there's going to be a ton of confusion.

This I used windows loader and scanned with win7 malwarebytes easy as hell

>basically no officially supported steam games
Yeah no. Also about 90% of the games not natively on Linux, I can run through wine. Sure I agree with you in that SteamOS is for an extremely niche case where you want your PC to act like a console.

Also SteamOS =/= Linux. SteamOS is just a flavor of Linux. Much like not all faggots are OPs, but all OPs are faggots.