The most popular new ip in years is console exclusive to the xbone

This kills the sony

The game seems like it'd be a fucking nightmare to play on a console

It's not even a console exclusive, it's a CONSOLE LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE.

Devs openly said a PS4 version's coming not long after, so MS didn't even think it was worth shelling out for console exclusivity.

Yeah maybe in a few years when everyones moved on

meme game of the month

>month

>playing shooting games on console

Is this the new minecraft for kiddies?

How many times are you gonna make this thread?

It's been there for almost half a year and it's been steadily growing at an insane pace

When they paychecks stop coming or when people stop falling for his threads.

sure man! this game is gonna move 40 million xbone units so they can finally surpass sony

Will there ever be an fps game with cross platform play? I want to shit on console players.

xbox tried it with gears of war (I know its third persdon but same idea) and they had to go back on it due to KB+M

>steadily growing
>insane pace

Cool. If it continues getting updated it'll shit all over rust and dayz and h1z1. The whole issue with them is they never got updated with new content or even minor optimization shit. pubg still runs like garbage so I won't play it though, except once or twice a month.

steasdily means "in a regular and even manner" not slowly dumbass

NIGGER

>PUBG only on xbone
>Subnautica only on Xbone
>xbox 360 and OG xbox games backwards compatible on xbone (sony has no back comp)
>minecraft crossplay between xbox, nintendo, and pc (not sony)
>rocket league crossplay between xbox, nintendo, and pc (not sony)

Sony is being left behind.

It's obvious MS are going to pull the same shit as Minecraft and buy Bluehole just before the PS4 version launches anyway since they are helping Bluehole fund new stuidos in Spain and the US and bringing on a 3rd party (Asobo Studio) to help port the game to Xbone and XboneX.

The fact that they are seriously considering cross-ply with PC is one of the dumbest things I've heard.

I can't imagine that PUBG would play all that well on console, it still blows my mind that people play FPS's on console.

Now explain to me as someone who owns both PC and console why I would get this on console when I already have it on PC.

Petty sure fps is actually THE most popular genre on consoles

sony does have backwards compatibility through PS now. Just cause you can't use your own discs doesn't mean it's not backwards compatibility. Also it's got a larger library, too.

>hurrdurr I want to use the discs I bought not pay for them again!
if you still have your discs, shouldn't you still have your systems? Why not play on them, where you won't have to deal with horrendous emulation issues.

crossplat is another thing sony did years and years ago that MS didn't want to do, dating all the way back to the PS2 and xbox. xbox forced specific servers for PS:U instead of being crossplay with PC like the PS2 version was. Laughably sad though. Now that they're behind they're rushing to be the "good guys" when sony still institutes crossplay on a good number of games.

sony's doing just fine where it is, also rocket league has crossplay with PS4 and PC already.

I'm still a bit pissed about subnautica though, good on MS for getting a decent game as an exclusive, and for a good period of time too. Cuphead as well.

Fuck off with this normie crap.

Yeah, and it plays like stinky ass.

I did give a shit. It's containing the worst of the industrial.

How long will Sup Forums be mad about this game?

You should be mad as well if you enjoy video games. Popular games set the standard. I hope you're looking forward to the next 10 years of nothing but Playerunknown's Battleground-likes.

there's been rocket league crossplay between PC and ps4 since forever

>Exclusive to Xbox
>Not actually on Xbox
>Only on PC at the moment
>Going to be on PS4 anyway

Is that you Phil? I know you've molested the definition of “exclusive” but this is ridiculous

Ur moms a normie crap lol

We already played it years ago

I miss MAG. it was such an enjoyable game, even with all the lag issues. Why did it ever shut down anyway? I mean I know it still had aroudn 10k players the last couple months it was around.

> I hope you're looking forward to the next 10 years of nothing but Playerunknown's Battleground-like

well better than 10 years with shit moba team shooters.

I mean we're already 5 years into the day z clones.

Sony killed zipper after they forced them to make a shitty cod clone version of SOCOM

Eh not really, you would be surprised how good some Xbox gamers can be at shooters

Gears 4 crossplay worked really well honestly

Thats just a meme user.

The whole thing started when some HP rep said that he witnessed a xbox-PC crossplay event at which the xbox players got their shit handed to them so badly that Microsoft dropped that plan immediately.
But not only did MS never say anything about such an event, but that guy never followed up on any questions or said anything about it ever again.

In fact, there was a Xbox vs PC titanfall competition and it was a close thing. Both teams showed respect for each other actually, and it also showed how the different enviroments form teams focusing on different strategies

I don't doubt people can be good on Xbox but people on PC will simply perform better.

It's literally the same thing except on a larger scale and also this game is unfinished. Just let that sink in for a second. A very large number of people gave money for a broken, unfinished product. Now imagine if game developers weren't the most retarded people alive. They would see this and realize: '' oh hey, why the fuck are we even trying to make a good game when we can just make whatever, advertise the shit out of it all over the internet, and these morons will give us money for it''

M&KB only has an advantage at long range in Gears which PC players have to go for the power weapons the minute they are available while Xbox Players can just flank and pincer the PC players where the power weapon spawns and run a Gnasher rape train on them. If a PC player gets a Longshot or Dropshot then the Xbox players are fucked but since the game displays the icon of where people are playing from, a well formed Xbox team will just go straight to the Power Weapon spawn and fuck the PC players. It's an interesting dynamic that stared showing up when it went full crossplay. PC players may be more accurate but not where it counts in Gears.

> Now imagine if game developers weren't the most retarded people alive. They would see this and realize: '' oh hey, why the fuck are we even trying to make a good game when we can just make whatever, advertise the shit out of it all over the internet, and these morons will give us money for it''

hmmmm

wrong image

>is console exclusive to the xbone
Consolefag pls, it has been on PC for a year or so now.

Console exclusive to PC right now you mean :^)

That's pretty cool

Yup, I still can't believe people are still giving money for this blatant scam.

You have to be either a troll or a retard to think this way.

What is your problem with that expression user-kun

>7 kill squad win full of adrenaline
Sup Forums cmon its fun with friends

>friends

That shadowrun game on 360.

>new ip
isn't it just the same as the last battle arena pre release game?

Pretty sure that FPS games made for consoles has been a thing far longer than FPS games made for PC only for years now.

what if i have the disks but the consoles are fried? what then asshole?

Basically pic related. They are so extremely mad that this game is outselling all their shitty "AAA interactive experience" exclusives.

The only evidence people have against FPS pc-console crossplay is shadowrun 07, which was an abortion of a game so i'm not surprised. Hell, lots of games on console are even supporting KB&M. paragon on PS4, a moba but still pretty aim reliant, even does, and it's crossplay too.

>outselling
How many units has it moved? Like 5m to date right? pretty good honestly.

5m is incredible considering its not been on sale and is very hard to run due to poor optimisation

Nah fotm stuff usually sells in the high 3m-4m range, it's pretty good, nothing incredible really. I mean dayz has like 3.5m, rust has 5.5, h1z1 has about 7m between the survival and battle royale modes, 6 and change on the battle royale alone.

If the game continues to sell, i'll be truly amazed, as it is now though, it's reaching the plateau the other games hit. I want it to succeed because the devs actually care about it, it seems, but we'll see.

Yup those 60 million consoles sold really are leaving Sony in a bad place. Oh no, I won't be able to play rocket league with my friends on the switch!

99% chance it works like crossplay does now and it just adds them all to matchmaking and you won't be able to party, so no one will be able to actually play with their friends on other platforms. I'm skeptical about that sorta stuff with minecraft too.

>2017
>console wars

how old are you guys?

>MOST POPULAR NEW IP
Umm... Sweetie... No...

so how much money are you in for, go.. i mean guy? i personally dropped around $10k for my ship. all these fags are just jelly of us, right bro?

>Tfw your retard cousin posts on Sup Forums

>Sup Forums

Now post the shitty webms.

Imagine being you

>Early access exclusive

Why does MS pioneer so much cancer in this industry?

>Subnautica
What?

>Pushing your haphazard emulation
Xfags please

>Cross-play for two games because MS expect others to prop up their MAUs
Oh my word

Shills are back.

yikes, playing on controller sounds awful in memelands

>implying it's not one of the most anti-casual shooters of the decade, maybe even 2 decades

Shills never left. They were just all from Sony.
>Hasn't noticed the shitload of anti-switch and anti-PC gaming shitposting lately
Disgusting

Good thing I have a high-end PC in addition to my PS4, then.

There hasn't been any massive amount of Xgroid falseflagging recently other than their usual E3 shenanigans.

Which allowed the Sonyshilling to stick out more than usual especially since they only have a cucked version of Gran Turismo and Knack for the rest of the year. The meltdown when Splatoon 2 is another 90+ metacritic will be spectacular.

wasnt a halo cross platform at one point then instantly turned off a week or so later?

>Repeating Xgroid damage control

Looks like the real shill has exposed himself. :^)

You can do that with XIM4

>Nintendo being better than Sony is "Xgroid damage control"
Sonyfags are delusional as usual

I still don't see the appeal of this, isn't this just an unfinished battle royale type thing? I haven't played it so I'm probably missing something but I just don't get why its standing out among the other games doing the exact thing it seems to do

You forgot to mention that those other games have been out for years whereas pubg has been a thing for months.

not really. the h1z1 separation happened at some point mid 2016, and it had only about a million and a half in sales, which I accounted for in the total. I'm not saying it's not impressive, it's just not "incredible". It's hitting the plateau, and unless it continues to shoot beyond, it's not anything that we haven't seen.

>fps games on console
the game is fun but it will die quickly on console

The first part, Xgroid. :^)

Nintenbros, PCpals and Sonyfriends are pleased as punch in the master alliance while Xgroids keep sulking in Phil's cuck shed.

But user, my favorite streamers/youtubers played this and totally loved it so it must be better than the rest!

>FPS on console

You wish you were part of the master alliance, Sonyegro

are you dumb? gow4 still have crossplay between xb1 and pc. And i can say they can play almost as well as pc players.

fps is literally the most popular genre on consoles

that tortoise has a really long neck

It's consensus among everyone who isn't a fanboy, especially the most knowledgable (idorts), that exclusives are anti-consumer.

But are they anti-connoisseur? I sometimes think some really unique games would never have come about if the competition between different providers was not so great. Like would we really have had Zelda, Halo, and Uncharted without exclusivity?

All of those games were shit and mistakes, though.

Why would you play FPS on console when the PC version is basically cheaper and runs better?

Why would you waste money on Bluehole? The idea will be replicated and polished up by existing studios who move into their bread and butter, shooters. EA could have a small team at DICE shit out a Frostbyte version and it would be better than anything Bluehole does in the next year.

I'm talking in terms of critical consensus, which whether you think that is a good criteria or not, at least provides a neutral basis to agree on so that the actual topic of exclusive v.s. connoisseur can be touched upon.

Single-player are fine though since you can just set the difficulty to account for lack of kb+m, and joysticks are comfy.

It's really weird and I don't get why. Wasn't Sony the first to try cross platform with Valve? Did they get burned by Valve, or did they just figure it wasn't worth the effort after that?