People who play rpgs are depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games

>People who play rpgs are depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games
Was he right?

Yes

>People who play jazz music are depressed blacks who like to sit alone in their dark lounges and play slow jamz.

What about people who shitpost?

who is this vietcong?

P-please buy the N64

couldn't get away with saying this now.

>I have been saying this for some time, but customers are not interested in grand games with higher-quality graphics and sound and epic stories. Only people who do not know the videogame business would advocate the release of next-generation machines when people are not interested in cutting-edge technologies.
He was always right.

I'm not depressed and I also like to play fast paced games, but nevertheless, so?

He was bitter that both FF and DQ jumped ship at the same time, and rather than take the blame for insisting on carts for one more generation, he just echoed Skinner and decided no, it's the audience who is wrong.

Yes.

He said that in 1999,when the PS1 was BTFOing the N64 in every direction and especially in the RPG department

>2004

He was probably trying to defend the upcoming Wii since the Gamecube had respectable hardware

Miyamoto's dad

RPG's were alright for him when they were on SNES, after they abandoned Nintendo not so much

Interestingly enough, JRPGs struggle more and more as hardware gets stronger.

To be totally honest Final Fantasy X was the last AAA cutting edge JRPG with turn based combat, no one has ever tried it again, it could honestly work if done right

yes

this was defending the gamecube, which did not appear to be comparable in power to PS2/XBX, he handed the reigns over to iwata shortly after the GCN's launch

Nintendo felt that the N64 failed against the inferior PSX due to games, not hardware, and they are partially right

That describes me pretty well.

>Tfw I haven't set foot out my apartment for 10 days

In 1999, Nintendo was pushing its own massive RPG success selling tens of millions of copies. Is that quote even real?

Japanese are spooky as fuck, they are not people