Dropping 15 grand for a digital ship

>dropping 15 grand for a digital ship

>le incomplete scam meme xdddd
fuck off faggot

>digital product
>in stock

How much are they paying you to shill?

It's a scam even if you like that game, faggot.

>65 million dollars in funding and nothing to show for it

you poor thing, how much did you spend on it?

disgusting

>A digital ship
that pack actually gives you every ship friendo
sure its expensive but still

>meme
>it's literally real

Denial

Around the time Max Payne 3 first came out I nearly blew a fucking head gasket when steam informed me that they were OUT OF CD KEYS and that I had to fucking wait to play the shit I paid for.

I thought it was a good game but it pretty permanently soured me on modern vidya, justifiably or not

why would you ever spend that much on a game?

>2017
>Making Starcitizen trollbait on Sup Forums

Assholes who care to read about the $15000 package will realize it's every ship that will ever be released ever, plus so it'll benefits. Strictly for people who can afford that kind of stupid ass spending.

>but still

but still what? It's a dumb, greedy practice that ruins the game

what game? there is no game retard

>(((((Game))))) that as far as I can see, is a dickwaving contest to see who can amass the most stuff
>Literally sell the shit up front
>For fucking thousands of dollars

Just how much of a sperg do you need to be

samefagging this hard

Because its there for the people that CAN spend that much money,"why" is more money than sense

>Dropping even $100 on in-game content

>Buying content for a tech demo.

Why would you ever spend more than the 60 bucks needed for the full game?

HOW exactly does it ruin the game?
do you honestly think that the retards who bought this pack will be able to pay for the insurance for each individual ship?
what those people have bought is a headache, i know day one i got a freelancer ready to explore with and that was enough

Oh wow only $15,000 for everything? Totally reasonable guys nothing to see here !!

Oh boy, which ship did you buy?

>instead of dropping 120 trillion to create one gram of the matter needed to make a ship travel faster than light

a freelancer, mentioned it in my post...

>15k for a ship
This is a massive scam, I honestly cant wait to exhale and laugh at everyone that contributed money.

The people that are willing to buy that trash probably pirate most of their games.

It's an investment. Can't you comprehend that concept? People spend way more on worse investments all the time.

What fuckwit shilled Star Citizen anyway to get it into popularity? I thought people were wary of crowdfunding ever since Starbound and the Ouya.

Is modern v/pol/ so subservient to corporate cock that they'll actually defend this?

You expect money back with an investment.

>Starbound and the Ouya.
I believe this was announced around the same time those were, the crowdfunding hype train hadn't gone off the rails yet.

didnt one get blown up or something and the guy lost thousands of dollarydoos?

>It's an investment

MENTAL GYMNASTICS INCREASED TO 73

Even with all the money I spent on dota2 I cant buy the shittiest ship in Star Citizen. Feelsbadman.

>$15,000 For a full copy of the game
>not too long ago they spent thousands on a coffee machine
>its almost been completely forgotten
>it has no release date

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

keep in mind, 15k is toilet paper to some people

>"muh richness"
And I thought the vr fags were bad

Sometimes I drop money on DLC or a microtransaction for a game I like and feel kind of shit for awhile, but that disappears when I remember that people dump this kind of fucking money on a game they can't even play yet.

post yfw you didn't fall for the scam citizen meme

LUL at all the poor fags in this thread that can't afford premium content

To the SC backers and haters. I wait for the inevitable day when one of you get BTFO and proven wrong about the game whether it comes out and is a success, it flops badly or it never gets released because the sheer butthurt and damage control from either group will be so hilarious, so toxic that it will be remembered for ever in video game history

>le "I can afford to throw money at nothing!"
>turns out to be nothing after all

... the tears will make Niagra look like a slow faucet.

>it comes out and is a success

SHILLED

>It's an investment
Its a donation

You realize that limiting stock is important for balance, right? Imagine how unbalanced the game would be if there were no limit to the number of people who could have the biggest space ship.

>Imagine how unbalanced the game would be if there were no limit to the number of people who could have the biggest space ship.
>implying anyone will buy it
only the autists of them all

>imagine how unbalanced a game is with a 15K USD product that can be bought endlessly

I know someone that was real into star citizen, he bought a used flight stick controllers or whatever, haven't heard him say anything about it in a while. Has it even released anything playable at all or is that the joke?

bag

>using an edited version

It's actually all the ships in the game

They are releasing part of the game in small chunks, mini games kinda. Squadron 42 was suppose to be out like last year or something, but its been delayed and pushed and still isn't out.

>It actually doesn't even give you every single ship in the game
>$130 M+ funded game

Honestly I'm glad something like this exists just for the novelty. Imagine telling some poor family during the great depression that one day some man would spend $30,000 on a game.
No one would ever believe you and anyone who did would probably say you're crazy.

and anyone who did was probably crazy*

>65 million dollars in funding
i thought they were nearing 160 million.

Someone in the 1930s wouldn't even understand the concept of a video game

Also remember they spent a few thousand to get star trek doors installed too

yeup 154,149,247 shekels raised with 1,843,168 idiots falling for the pyramid scheme.

If enough people are willing to pay $15,000US for that shit that it didn't become limited just by price, they may as well.

At that point you already know it's a whale's game anyway, and you can fuck off if you're not willing to mortgage your house to play.

>game promised 100 systems when it fully launched
>now the guy who owns all of it said maybe 5-10 systems would be out on launch
>shitizens still think Roberts isn't blowing all their funding

How are they even getting to these prices?
I thought when you made something like this you charged roughly based on how much work it took to create the content.

You'd be surprised what people would pay for some pixls

>Not dropping thousands of dollars on digital garbage to pimp out your future homestead in a game

is this real? What game?

Crowfall.

>Eve online has 8000 systems
Really makes you think

there are groups who have 70 million dollars in ships in that game earned ingame.

Honest question. How does it feel knowing you spent over a thousand bucks on this game? Does it bother you?

>300 people get together and create a crew/guild
>Everyone gives 50 dollars.
>They now share the ships with their buddies making an armada.
But yeah 15k is way too fucking ANY single game.

In reality, that would go a little more like:

>300 people get together and create a crew/guild
>Everyone gives 50 dollars.
>They now share the ships with their buddies making an armada. For a week.
>forceful personalities in group start monopolizing the best ships
>people get mad, start bitching and leaving
>five pushy autists get $14,750 worth of content from the other 295 people for free
>because chris roberts used their money for special hemorrhoid cushion space captain chairs and doesn't give a shit about arbitrating a resolution

Lets all just give a round of applause to EA for not giving us a $15,000 deluxe edition

Just wait.

PETER: It's possible to sell a game on lies.

CHRIS: I'm listening.

>_ ____ __ ____ ____ _____!

>MUH BIG BAD PUBLISHER WOULD HAVE FUCKED YOU HARDER THAN WHAT CR IS DOING
Go away shillizen

>it's like a boardgame, but it shows up on a television

>own all of the content in a video game
or
>have $15,000

Not really an improvement to the argument.

He's praising EA you retarded cunt.

Now explain what a television is.

>Prey (2006) is permanently out of stock on Steam

Is it?

that eevee needs a dicking

The games already unbalanced if there are limited numbers of spaceships that are stronger than everything else.

it is, had to ebay a copy for myself to get a code for steam

>on a game that doesn't even exist yet

Gotta love it when people, who don't know shit about the whole point of CIG selling ships, shitpost like there's no tomorrow. To be fair, this is Sup Forums so that bar was low to begin with.

Enjoy your XDs AND LOLOLOLOLS for now. But I bet you when Alpha 3.0 comes, at least a third of you will shamelessly buy a ship and play the game.

*the promise of a ship for the promise of a game

>There's a single autist that constantly reposts this thread because it's results in easy (You)s and the shitposting doesn't ever get deleted by mods
What a life to live.

I think the could get the gist

>It's like talking picture show or cartoon, but you control what happens on the screen and people have made games out of it.