If the koroks are so powerful they can live on volcanoes and enter hyrule castle why can't they stop Ganon?

If the koroks are so powerful they can live on volcanoes and enter hyrule castle why can't they stop Ganon?

Also BOTW thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32695/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This raises a good question. Why does Ganon just not care about the koroks although they appear to be the most powerful race?

Koroks don't give a shit about what is going on. They just want to play hide and seek and have fun

>koroks and Ritos in the same timeline
???

Wind waker?

Going to start a new playthrough soon

Master mode or normal mode?
Pro HUD or normal hud?
Gyro or no gyro?

Anything else I should consider?

I hope whatever game they make from the re-used BOTW assets gets rid of the 900 koroks alltogether. BOTW was very rough around a ton of edges and lacked QoL improvements that many other games have(i.e. crafting ammo)

>crafting
No

This, they are essentially the gods of the world and just play in trees with their poop while the world goes to shit

How did Nintendo get away with this?

What was wrong with Koroks? There was 900 of them so that you never had to deliberately go out of your way to get seeds, you would naturally come across a lot of them by naturally playing the game. Fixed a big problem that a lot of open world games have, see the flags in AC2.

>Pro HUD or normal hud?

How is that a question you filthy casual.

I don't even know what they do

normal HUD is so superficial and redundant

The game that fixed all the issues that open world games had was called Witcher 3.

Fuck even Horizon Zero Dawn copied the QoL shit that witcher 3 had.

Zelda spends too much time being bogged down with tedium it's still a good game but certainly not a 10 out of 10.

wait what

You can change the hud?

Someone tell me why they have a dedicayed horse whistle button but if you're out of range the horses don't come where as every other game allows the horses to come to you anywhere.

Even OoT 20 years ago got the system right.

They wind up having players not use horses at all because it's too much of a hassle to go get them every single time.

Also weather impeding exploration is a bad mechanic, fuck rain. The quickest solution is to just set the system down and let it pass 90% of the time.

There's only like 5 food recipes that you need and the rest are garbage, yet we can't craft ammo or anything else that has a QoL imp-rovement.

I think the koroks are actually a brilliant idea. They are some sort of reward for exploring the world, but even if you don't look specifically for them, you'll end up finding some because they are indeed 900. It's a win-win situation.

My biggest issue with BotW is that the shrines are in a "separate dimension" than the open world. It would have been fucking great if all the enigmas and challenges were done directly in an open mini temple directly on the world map with the real environment.
Also they should try to fix some balancing issues with the breakable weapons (not a huge fan of this feature in any game) and maybe add some other permanent and "real" rewards for the secondary quests and the hidden chests around the map, just to give you a feeling of progression.

And more housing options. I want to buy a house in every village, chill in the Rito village while listening to the cool background music, be able to drink a coffe at the gerudo bar...Damn so many missed opportunities here.

Koroks are shit, they're just as bad as the horizon zero dawn collectibles only HZD's collectables are not as bad because they kept the number well below 900.

I had no issue with the 120 shrines because they kept them fresh for the most part. Motion Control puzzles were garbage in portable mode because you can't look at the screen because of how far you need to turn the system.

The fact that they made more than half the koroks not able to expand your inventory shows what a shit collectable they were. This is already ontop of the Hyrule Compendium which really should have replace the korok seeds if you were that interested in exploration. Have the pictures give you rewards

Some of them are total horseshit.

>Wandering Hyrule Field
>Korok Mask goes off
>Spend ten minutes searching the area
>Give up and check a Korok Seed map
>"Jump all three fences in a row while riding a horse"
>mfw

There's no way to figure that bullshit out. Some of these are ludicrous.

Do people actually feel obligated to collect every Korok Seed? You're not actually supposed to do that. The actual reward stops long beforehand. They even make fun of you for doing it by giving you a golden turd trophy.

Normal (master mode will just frustrate you first time plus is also ruins some things for the player, it's really designed for people who have already completed the game)
Pro hud (best)
Gyro (duh)

If you want to be a real man, only heal yourself at stables or inns (makes for a much more tense experience).

Food recipes are fine. Add flavor and essentially harmless.
The horse thing is absolute bullshit though. Used a horse maybe 5 times during the playthrough and that was simply to get frmo a stable to a mountain. Not having the horse warp to you was the dumbest thing ever.

just wait until you get to the golf one around the perimeter of skull island. Make a save beforehand because the boulders are going to fuck up something feirce and bounce around like rubber.

Also it takes 2+ Hours for fruit tree koroks to reset just incase you accidently hit the wrong tree or an enemy hits the tree. There's no quick way to get them to respawn.

I actually had zero trouble with that one. Did it earlier today. Just a little stasis finesse.

>There's only like 5 food recipes that you need and the rest are garbage
They definitely should have add a mini quest with a "recipe book" to complete just for the sake of it. And rebalance the ingredients, some of them are completely broken and ruin the interest of cooking. Also you shouldn't be able to heal directly from your inventory.

>Koroks are shit
Well that's your opinion on this matter. As I see it, the fact that they are 900 means that you should NOT look for them. You just do your business, explore the world, complete your quests and tasks, and regularly you'll say "oh got a korok here". That's why I think it's a good idea, you find them without looking for them. You're never thinking something like "damn, I need to complete all the koroks of this region before going to the next one". It's basically a collectible completely frustration-free which doesn't restrain the exploration in any way since you know there are tons of them all around the world.

>I had no issue with the 120 shrines because they kept them fresh for the most part
I have no issue with the level design of the shrines either, jus with their implementation in the world map. I feel like they shouldn't have been set in a "shrine world" but directly on the real world map.

I was ambivalent about the amount of korok's but it was one of the few things that makes sense in a game plagued by odd decisions. By having so many you are damn near garunteed to run into them and expand your inventory at least a few times. In a world so large, halving them would lead to parts where I felt that I "needed" to hunt for them, instead of just bumping into them as I went along.

You're wrong

an optional collectable is the Hyrule Compendium. meanwhile Korok seeds actually do count towards the 100% completion %.

If you collect all 900 and Finish 120 shrines you will be at 99% completion putting only 5 areas untouched that you have not visited because they contain no korok seeds or boss monsters.

The "you're not actuall supposed to collect all 900" meme bullshit is wrong. Nintendo intends for you to collect all 900 that's why the DLC contains the mask.

because seven eight nine

Maybe Ganon can't see them? And if he breaks out and destroys the world, that will take care of them, too.

Also the easily missed area that people have trouble finding is Shadow Hamlet, Foothill Race, Tanagar Canyon Course, and Zonai Ruins.

Also King's Library in Hyrule Castle.

>Not having the horse warp to you was the dumbest thing ever.

Yeah it's almost like Nintendo actually want players to 'experience' travelling the world rather than just warping everywhere.

The quickwarp is just their for convenience and stop whiney bitches complaining, and yet it's fucking embarrassing the amount of ADD kiddies who just warp everywhere - rather than just soak the world in - and then complain anyway.

Make the horse warp with you.... jesus fucking christ.

Your not meant to find all of them. Doing so rewards you with a literal piece of shit mocking your autism.

You're on a board where most people's first open world game was Oblivion.

>Not having the horse warp to you was the dumbest thing ever.

This lazy fuck.

OoT and Majora's Mask had this, twilight Princess allowed for it, as did many other zeldas.

fast Travel and the horse warping to you has been a series staple for decades. There have always been ways to teleport around hyrule.

>There are still people who pretend OOT is better than BotW

Then tell me why it counts towards the completion % and they ibncluded a Korok finding mask in the DLC?

Your excuse of "NO U SEE NINTENDO IS MAKING JOEK" is trying to handwave away poor game design.

>Also weather impeding exploration is a bad mechanic, fuck rain. The quickest solution is to just set the system down and let it pass 90% of the time.

You never got gud.

if you jumped or tried to climb up slow you slid down the same distance no matter what, those "footholds" that people talked about were only on a few places they were not universal.

Who cares about completion % besides autists? The korok mask is to help those autists

Different games, different tastes. Whodda fucking thunk it?

Okay, but what's your actual motivation for getting 100% outside of your own volition? There's no actual content locked behind getting that 100%.
You miss out on absolutely nothing by ignoring Korok Seeds after getting all your slots.

Wonderful bait.

How many seeds are needed to get max inventory slots in every category?

Probably about half.

I found about 200 and that was more than enough for me.

>buy game
>have no intention of beating it

Yeah we're not all PC gamers here.

This game had:
Hyrule Compendium Collectables in the hundreds
a few dozen Memory Collectables
120 shrines needed to be completed in order to get the full number of orbs
900 korok seeds
and then like dozens of unique armor pieces
40 Hinox Kills
40 Talus Kills
4 sand worm kills
3 different sets of horse armor

out of all of those only the armor, monster kills and the compendium were optional and had no bearing on the completion.

This game put Donkey Kong 64's collectables to shame.

Literally git gud.

You can find shelter from rain, build a fire and wait for a sunny day.

Or you could actually learn how to climb a wet wall. Jump after every 3 seconds of climbing and you will gain more than you lose.

461 korok seeds more than half.

>Nintendo intends for you to collect all 900
Man, they really have you by the balls.

Or use Revalis Gale

there's really no point I have all high altitude locations unlocked I can just fast travel and glide down.

I'm never doing another playthrough because of how tedious the game is. If they make more worthwhile content I'm using my 100%ed save

Not really I've yet to purchase a single amiibo.

Literally fucking this. The rain is a pain early game until you find and upgrade climbing equipment, learn to cook more potent meals for speed or stamina boosts, increase your stamina wheel and earn new abilities like Revali's Gale.

You know, the kind of thing developers refer to as 'progression' and 'player empowerment'.

Honestly, BotW isn't perfect and has a few minor niggles but when people complain about stupid shit it just becomes eye-rolling.

>beating it
100% is not beating anything but your interest in a game

I think it's the fact that people waited for more than 5 years for this game and they wind up with a 7 out of 10 premature ejaculation like Final Fantasy 13 or 15.

Breath of the wild kinda failed in many aspects of what made Zelda great and just amounted to a really average game

Skyrim has more compelling questlines and exploration than BOTW and was structured as such to always give players something to do or a direction to go in. And Skyrim is still the better open world game than BOTW.

What does the rain do besides impede player progress? You're not climbing the tallest point in hyrule at the beginning of the game anyway. The rain just comes along and radomly fucks your day in the middle of climbing a mountain
Stamina wheels/gear are the progession. Rain is just annoying on when climbing. If it had no effect on climbing but all of its other traits it would be fine.

BotW not being designed around quest markers makes it better than Skyrim on that principle alone, had you said Morrowind I would've agreed.

You can't fool me, Todd.
I'm not buying your Switch port.

the question you should ask is
>ritos and zoras in the same timeline

Breath of the wild is designed around quest markers though. Every single quest is a World of Warcraft style MMO thing.

But there's no deep side quests like the Dark brotherhood or Thieve's guild. There's just the main quets that has some depth and everything else just feels like filler.

It was mentioned in the game that the Deku Tree could annihilate Ganon if he wanted to, but that isn't the point. If Hyrule was to retain any dignity or favor of the Goddesses, it had to be Link to do it, not a guardian spirit.

No it's not, NPCs give you actual directions and have you use actual landmarks and lines of sight on the map. You can turn the HUD off entirely and the game is perfectly playable just like Morrowind, the same is not true for Skyrim.

>What does the rain do besides impede player progress?

What does having the weather, the climate and the environment being seamlessly and intricately connected - creating an immersive world which has consequence and a system of interactivity where the gameplay informs the players choices and, in turn, influences how the player reacts and adapts to the world around them, do?

I dunno Nintendo are fucking hacks.

You can turn off the hud and quest tracking in Skyrim too

hell the fucking sheika stone will tell you where the Collect 10X of a certain item is located.

And breath of the wild really failed when it came to landmarks, the word itself was bland especially when compared to Xenoblade Chronicles X. Which had multiple vibrant locations and subzones and dozens upon dozens of different and unique enemies

Excuses.
Deku Tree is just a lazy cunt. He couldn't even be bothered to take a message for Link from Zelda.

XCX was fucking shit, dude. Pretty but bland lifeless world coupled with MMO combat system and shitty story compared to it's predecessor.

>You can turn off the hud and quest tracking in Skyrim too
The game isn't designed around either of those things though, you aren't given enough information to solely rely on NPC given directions.

You literally need a mod for that in Skyrim.
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32695/?

No? You literally cannot complete skyrim if you turn off markers unless you have mods, whereas you can easily go pro HUD and complete all the side quests

Stop making shit up please

>failed when it comes to landmarks
Are you retarded?

Oh wait you like XCX, I guess it answers the question

I don't see how you can look at Noctilum and call it bland and lifeless, it was probably the only properly done rainforest in a videogame ever.

Bretah of the wild is 80% empty plateaus by volu,me only some plateaus are green, some are tan, and others are snow covered.

You better hope that people like XCX it's being ported to the Switch so they have an actual game coming out in the first quarter of 2018.

Is this worth getting for the switch? I pirated it on the wii u and got bored after a while. Also are towns still a choppy aidsfest?

>ITT
>Breath of the Wild is bad
>Xenoblade X is bad
>HZD shitty arrow crafting is good
>Skyrims shitty exploration is good
What is wrong with you

Nothing

But what's wrong with you thinking that /v is a single person?

Are you implying XCX isn't full of recoloured plains as well?

People don't like XCX?

QOL shit in horizon? With that cumbersome arrow crafting and gathering? Don't make me fucking laugh

No. Especially compared to XC. XCX has a horrid story, and the grinding is fucking insane

No you see people who are angry about the wii-u shortchanged are what's threatening to bring nintendo down. Anything wii-u related is therefore automatically bad.

>Holding still on a cliff for five minutes or jumping down to a ledge and building a fire is interactive gameplay
Sure.

Aloy's mount comes when called
No need to navigate infinite menus like BOTW

allthough gathering in BOTW and Horizon are exactly the same it's just when it comes to crafting aloy can make things that are combat related which is what BOTW should have done as well because it beats porting back to a store to buy more arrows from beedle.

I beat ganon with 3 heart, no beasts, and on master mode... I've ruined my own game :( ... Imma buy the fierce deity nfc sticker. Till the next dlc

>implying I don't own the fucking game
Fuck you I was so disappointed. The writing took a fucking nosedive and I swear the animations for the cutscenes got worse. The overdrive system sucks too. Only good part was exploration but there is literally nothing to find but yet another enemy you wail at for minutes using the same strategy every single time.

>buying arrows
Oh so you agree retarded. Arrows can be found everywhere in chests, and you can just get them easily from mobs. Plus you should not use as much of them as in horizon. The crafting part fucking sucks as you need various ingredients for just one product

>why it counts towards completion %
The one on your map is purely map completion. Korok seeds are marked on the map, so they ended up counting. It's an oversight.

>the included a Korok finding mask in the DLC
Throwing those completion autists a bone. That and some people are genuinely bad at finding Koroks to the point that they couldn't remotely max out their inventory.

>agree
Are* no idea how it came out like that. Not even phoneposting

Or you can find another way around. No waiting, no nothing

Chest and Mobs are not located in convenient places. If you're doing the baloon puzzles that require you to shoot arrows and you run out you have to get more then return to the puzzle. You can't just stand there and use all the wood you collected and make some more arrows and have to go through further hoops to get more.

Again the game really was not all that well thoguhout when it came to the gethering and crafting system, they were not all that well fleshed out.

>not located in convenient places
What does this even mean. They are everywhere

Also why would you attempt a puzzle without preparing yourself especially if you know the puzzle will use arrows

Also the game has crafting?

>some people are genuinely bad at finding Koroks
How is that even possible? As long as you are actively exploring you're pretty guaranteed to come across Koroks.

Jesus, this fucking post. Are you seriously complaining about running out of arrows? Do you also complain about running out of bullets in STALKER or literally any other semi open fps? How fucking old are you? Did you only play Ubisoft games in your entire life?
Fucking hell

People are dumb. Hell even here, when there's occasional Korok posts about different types of Korok puzzles you'll come across posts of people who didn't realize x was a korok puzzle.

>Chest and Mobs are not located in convenient places. If you're doing the baloon puzzles that require you to shoot arrows and you run out you have to get more then return to the puzzle. You can't just stand there and use all the wood you collected and make some more arrows and have to go through further hoops to get more.

Or you could just go and retrieve your arrows I guess.

Monster camps do not have a guaranteed drop for arrows. This isn;t like bloodborne where you can just farm necessities from a few select mobs.

It's easier to sell excess shit you found turn it into rupees and use it to buy arrows

A single Talus will net you close to 1k rupees with all the diamonds and rubies most will drop.

Also you tend to stumble across korok puzzles so yeah you tend to not prepare when you don't know they're coming.

arrows despawn at a certain distance, I've played around with doing this if they go too far they just evaporate. Only thing that seems to stay spawned are tossing large rocks or boulders or cutting down fruit trees(but the fruit will despawn).

No, the arrows despawn if there are 20 spawned. Quite sure its not distance

It's distance because I've tried retrieving some from high peaks using an eagle eye bow. You launch them into the air and they don't come down.

Was it the new patch? I never noticed

Or reload a save and try again.