Crash Souls

Why are people this retarded?
Dark Souls and Bloodborne are actually challenging. Crash just has retarded new jump physics and hit boxes.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/0pk9k
youtu.be/uYMX3peUvzY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Crash just has retarded new jump physics and hit boxes.
So do the Souls games.

They're this retarded because people will bring clicks to them no matter what they type. Good job perpetuating this.

>putting down Crash for bad hit boxes
>implying Dark Souls hit boxes aren't some of the worst in the business
Pretty good b8

Crash is not hard but it has so many memes to get 100% it becomes pathetically difficult
Also, Naughy Dog never made a really 10/10 game
Jak trilogy is 5/10 and Crash trilogy is 6/10

what do you consider an 8/10 game user?

Why isn't bloodborne and dark souls the dark souls of PS4?

Why does everything have to be compared to dark souls?
Wat is the dark souls of real life?

>just has retarded new jump physics and hit boxes.

wtf it's really dark souls then!

>thing is hard
>"that's dark souls"

>anything hard is now "like dark souls"
>"its the dark souls of _______"

>People still go to these "journalists" for news.

You're just as retarded as these writers.

Thousands of games have retarded physics and hitboxes, especially SNES and prior

People who think Dark Souls is difficult have never played a roguelike (nethack, angband, tome, etc.).

If you have a basic sense of timing and decent reflexes you can beat Dark Souls with a little trial and error and some patience. I don't know why people keep using it as the prime example of a difficult game.

>x is the dark souls of y

I fucking hate that this saying is a thing.

>Dark Souls and Bloodborne are actually challenging

"The Dark Souls of Playstation 4"
Dumbest statement I've read all year
How do these media outlets still exist?

is Sup Forums the Dark Souls of the internet?

>I don't know why people keep using it as the prime example of a difficult game.

Have you ever saw DSP playing it? Those people play even worse than him

isn't dark souls the dark souls of playstation 4

You overestimate the skill of the average game player these days. I like to use the example of Walmart game kiosks - if you want to see the kind of people that play vidya these days, hand around a game kiosk at a place like Walmart or even Gamestop for a while and just watch how people play those games. What you'll find might surprise you.

How is "the Dark Souls of X" still a thing that gets used? And am I crazy for thinking that it's only used by people who have never played Dark Souls? Or got to Asylum Demon, died 9 times and think "yeaup that's the Dark Souls experience" and then write a review.

These are the kind of people who walk through super mario.

You say the word "retarded" a lot you unintelligent millennial mong. Get off our board. Leave Sup Forums

marriage

FAKE PICTURE

THE ARTICLE DOESN'T EXIST

STOP FALLING FOR THIS SHIT YOU FUCKING RETARDS

that's because Dark Souls is a pretty "niche" game that actually made it to the mainstream

I don't know if the devs planned it to happen this way but that's pretty smart if they did

>polygon

Dark souls is just a statement that the game is hard!
They said the same thing with Darkest Dungeon and X-com 2, that it was a dark souls game, even when Dark Souls or Souls games are kinda specific action rpgs.

"We put dark souls in the title so you would click on this article and give us money"

>How is "the Dark Souls of X" still a thing that gets used?

It was somehow in the right place at the right time and ended up as a game that actually dares to respect the player's intelligence in any meaningful capacity that ALSO got noticed by normalfags. Usually the two don't overlap but for Dark Souls it did.

Agreed. Dark Souls isn't hard at all, it just doesn't spoonfeed the player on how to play. But because gaming journo's are too used to sleepwalking through games with the help of objective markers, the very idea of having to put any effort in equates to hard to them.

that sounds about correct, user. Great job wanna review Zelda BotW and tell us how dark souls it is?

Sure, I've watched 3 minutes of gameplay footage.

>And am I crazy for thinking that it's only used by people who have never played Dark Souls?
>Or got to Asylum Demon, died 9 times and think "yeaup that's the Dark Souls experience" and then write a review.

You aren't crazy. This is precisely why the "dark souls is super hard" meme persists.

>sense of timing and decent reflex
Fuck that. 90% of the boss can be blown the fuck out with a decent build.

90% of the bosses can be blown the fuck out by simply rolling.

>Fromsoft
>banking on mainstream success
>ever

Dark Souls was a commercial fluke. Honestly, they even have the polish of niche titles, they aren't AAA efforts at all. But whatever, they've been noticed now.

Is Crash Bandicoot / Dark Souls the new Skyrim with Guns?

>multiplat is the dark souls of the PS4

>Dark Souls was a commercial fluke
What, five times in a row?

Meme's dank enough to hack it. Guess we'll see in time.

Not the cover of the game, fake news.

This

The first one was. What I mean by that is that it's a fluke that Dark Souls stuck the way it did at all. Once they were in they were in all the way, though. Something went right, that's for sure. Fuck if I could tell you exactly what, though.

The original crash 2 is in my top 5 games

95/100

It's not a Fluke. Demon's was by far the best game From Software has made and one of the best games on PS3. Nice games live or die randomly, sometimes getting too popular out of the blue and sometimes staying obscure, but truly great ones always become major genre-defining milestones no matter what.

>The first one was.
How? They already had a huge following going on with Demon's Souls.

Sales weren't anything special for Demon's Souls though, and the game was very niche. Dark Souls 1 was the game that hit and became widely known. I bet if you ask majority of Souls players they haven't played Demon's souls. In fact, I never even heard of Demon's Souls when I played Dark Souls.

Demon's wasn't mainstream, though.

Kinda your own fault for this shit spiraling out of control though Sup Forums. Should never have praised the difficulty of the Souls series to a point of memery.

I guess the following from Demon's was bigger than I give it credit for but surely it's a bit weird that we're sitting here almost 6 years later with journos calling a set of Crash remakes the Dark Souls of platformers. Like, there's finding commercial success and then there's straight up making it to the big leagues. Dark Souls made it to the big leagues to be getting the sort of stupid comparisons we're seeing today.

>new jump physics
They are almost 20 years old by now.
They implemented crash warped jump physics in all of the games for n.sane trilogy

Whats really retarded about that comparison is that Crash isn't even very difficult in the first place, the only really challenging thing is doing the bullshit to 100% it.

Crash 1 has some difficulty spikes but that's aside the point - anyone dumb enough to make this comparison unironically is probably too shit at Crash to even reach the first decently challenging level.

I expect no less from people who can't even play a casualized Doom

It heavily blew up with its NA release, they just didn't talk about its success because they completely missed it and/or trashed it in reviews and didn't want to admit that they are full of shit. They only pumped up the notes they gave to Dark Souls in order to not look completely out of touch.

Just because there are many harder games does not mean that Dark Souls isn't hard.
t.someone who has played nethack and thinks Dark Souls is hard

I don't fucking get it

DARK SOULS is the Dark Souls of Playstation 4

Anyone who even glimpses Polygon in current year is a fucking retard

Dark Souls is hard and offers a decent challenge to any gamer. The problem is Dark Souls becoming the normies go to for "hardest thing ever since my penis inside your mother". So it's either normies or Sup Forums contrarians who go "Dark Souls is not hard at all and offers as much challenge as Club Penguin" pick your flavor of faggot.

Demon's Souls's popularity and commercial success was what made Dark Souls possible. Bamco picked the game up because Demon's was so successful. Keep in mind that Demon's Souls sold over 1.5 fucking million mother fucking copies.

>Dark Souls and Bloodborne are challenging
user you must be 18

The last of us

Platformers have been basically dead for at least a decade. The average "gaming journalist" has been gaming for maybe nine months after they saw a way to use their worthless English degree. This means that most of the reviewers and commentators have never played a platformer in their life, and despite the hurr platformers are for children meme they are actually quite difficult, just like any good game. So these retards we read to know about games aren't able to just turn down the difficulty (because difficulty doesn't really work in platformers like it does in FPS where you just nerf npcs and buff the pc) and play the game for their cinematic experience. It requires htem to actually think about what they're doing for half a second, and that's too hard for them. If you think this was bad, imagine if the R&C reboot wasn't a cucked piece of garbage and had a Drek tier final boss fight. These people would've lost their minds.

my dick is dark souls

>Crash just has retarded new jump physics and hit boxes
Pretty much this.
Shit was so unplayable to me that I dropped the trilogy midway through the 2nd game.

Do you want to explain to everyone why you are checking Polygon?

>tfw you hate time trials and you still managed to plat all 3 games

Different strokes, I guess.

>Platformers have been basically dead for at least a decade
3D ones have been more sparse, but I think you missed all the "retro inspired" 2D platformers that have been shat out by the dozen for the past 5+ years.

I'mDark Souls for you

Yeah, I meant 3D ones. 2D plats that are shameful rips of SMB have been all over the place.

/thread

> the Dark Souls of PlayStation 4
B-but... but... there's 3 souls games on the PS4 already!

>Dark Souls and Bloodborne are actually challenging
no they are too just retarded hit boxes and stiff animations

People claiming Soulsgarbage to be hard are even more retarded. Wish a comet would just fucking hit this earth soon, we failed as a species.

> they implemented Crash 3's jumps throughout the trilogy

and then adjusted it to fit the level design of each game. There is nothing wrong with the jump physics in N.Sane trilogy, it's an objective upgrade to the originals (especially in Crash 1), there's nothing you can do in the old games you can't do now, there's just slight differences in button hold length that throw off muscle memory.

HOWEVER, the hitboxes are fucked and really should be changed. In the old games stuff was rigid squares and now it's rounded edges meaning you slip off stuff where you used to land.

I'll repeat, Crash's movement is perfect, altering it would mess up the game. But hitboxes for landing on stuff is dodgy.

>Jak
>5/10
>Crash
>6/10

Kill yourself holy fuck you have bad taste. Just outright bad taste.

>midway through the 2nd game.
Never had a single issue with the jump physics and pill hitbox past the first game, and it was really noticeable there when you'd slip right off too many edges. But if you can just master the slide jump in 2 onward the game becomes a breeze. Even without it, the gaps are far less demanding and the camera angles aren't as frustrating.

What is the Dark Souls of Dark Souls?

is this real ?

>Why are people this retarded?

Because there's angry neckbeards on Sup Forums who keep giving them views, don't have anything better to do that keep going to game sites you dislike or check twitter crap?

Persona 5

errytiem archive.is/0pk9k

You need to realise that people like those never played those games.

There are only 2 though.

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
Bloodborne
Dark Souls III

this board is the Dark Souls of the internet

i like crash bandicoot and its pretty hard, but difficulty isn't what makes a souls games, and this trend of comparing difficult games to souls games is fucking retarded, not in the least because the base souls games weren't that difficult. it's only when they started buying into the memes and putting retarded shit into the dlcs that it got out of hand

>Bloodborne
>Dark Souls III
Yeah, two games.

Obviously, Scholar of the First Sin is the Dark Souls of Dark Souls.

Castlevania Symphony of The Night

>Why are people this retarded?
>Dark Souls and Bloodborne are actually challenging. Crash just has retarded new jump physics and hit boxes.

youtu.be/uYMX3peUvzY
>physics

>FPBP

This is pretty accurate. I'll still always be annoyed that Yahtzee trashed Demon's and went on to love Dark.

He's too arrogant for his opinion to stick that he won't go back to play it these days either.

The marketing and general way parts of the community hyped the game up as being ultra-difficult really ruined its image among the wider public. People might play DaS1, go down to New Londo and get rekt by the ghosts and think it's the average and intended experience, because Dark Souls is hard. Prepare to le die.

what's the ps4 of crash bandicoot?

>this thread again
>polygon
jesus christ

>Crash
>Platformer with poor hitbox detection
>Game wherw you'll just slide right off the side of a ledge you made 3 times prior
>Not a 6/10
Most of the difficulty is poor game design tbqh