After reading and watching reviews the general consensus is that it's basically a Splatoon One port...

After reading and watching reviews the general consensus is that it's basically a Splatoon One port. It improves on one the same way Mario kart deluxe improves on 8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FOZ4EsGVBhM)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Most people didn't play the first one so it doesn't really matter

Not really. For one Splatoon 2 has a new campaign and an entirely new mode (battle mode was in OG MK8 but wasnt fleshed out)

Oh and Splatoon has new maps not included in the previous game's dlc

>Improves on 1
Sounds like it'll be great then.

More people owned Wii U than Switch.

4.6 million owned splatoon.

Five million people will own splatoon 2 by years end

If anyone can find a fucking Switch first.

6 million people already have, so clearly it's possible for 5 million copies to sell.

What fucking logic is that? My point stands. More people owned Wii U than Switch. I don't know why you think Wii U was some obscure thing when it's likely 90% of Switch owners had a Wii U.

>5 out of 6 million will own splitoon 2

ehhhh, I never played the first one i skipped on it for some reason but if what op says is true i should have a lot of fun with 2

>when it's likely 90% of Switch owners had a Wii U.
Source needed.

Splatoon 2 is a game released early in the Switch life. People will buy it even if they don't really want it just to have something to play.

Switch will sell 10 million consoles by December 31. Half will own splatoon 2

Because the switch just released....

I haven't played splatoon so im hype

>Source needed.
What does your gut tell you? Who are the ones to buy a Switch to play Zelda, the Playstation, PC or Nintendo audience?

>Half will own splatoon 2
What else are they going to buy? Not like they got more choice besides that and the standard zelda and mario.

there's a little more content added rather than the bundle of dlc mk8 deluxe was. game also looks a good bit prettier

What your gut tell you about casuals? Super bowl ads, commercials everywhere. Nintendo has advertised more in the last 10 months for the Switch than it did in five years for the Wii u

And still getting outsold by a 4 year old PS4.

Because there isn't enough switch consoles. The entire stock is getting sold out

How does that change getting outsold part?

>A shooter adds new guns and maps to it's sequel on a slightly more graphics enhanced console, while keeping the same basic mechanics
Im not seeing the issue here

Fags who still say splatoon 2 is just a port don't care enough to do any research whatsoever.

They're sold out because of little stock
If they had more switches to sell they'd sell more
They're sold out in every place they appear

ITT: people responding to a bait thread by some dumb sonyroach

>it's basically a Splatoon One port

No, it's a sequel. What the fuck are you expecting, them to make it a racing game this time around? Of course theyre going to be similar you tard

Yes 1 plus 1 is 2. They're still getting outsold hard and in the eyes of third-parties, shortages is no excuse.

People are trying to write off every new Switch game.

>definitive Zelda botw
>definitive Mario kart 8
>definitive Splatoon
>definitive Pokken
>actual 3d Mario game not some 3d land rehash
>Wii U versions of 3rd party games getting cancelled or moved to switch left and right
Man I can't imagine how it must feel being a Wii U owner

>>definitive Zelda botw
That's not emulated BoTW running in 4K.

>no motion controls

its shit

>no gyro aiming

waggling babby waah

Is this some meme, are wagglan controls liked now

>more people own a console that was available for five years than a console that was available for four months

It's ok when Nintendo does it.

Yes. Precisely. So why did that other user say nobody owned a Wii U when there are more than double as many Wii U owners as Switch owners?

>definitive Zelda botw
CEMU
>definitive Mario kart 8
Switch has Battle Mode (Who cares) more characters (who cares) no new tracks (shit) more items (shit) and less stable online (shit)
>definitive Splatoon
>Next gen console gets sequel from previous console
Stop the presses
Or does it feel like Splatoon 1.5 instead of 2 afterall?
>definitive Pokken
This game lasted a month on the console that kept Smash 4, Splatoon, and Mario Kart 8 alive, there's a reason for that. It needed a sequel not a 1.5.
>actual 3d Mario game not some 3d land rehash
Odyssey looks like it's going to be amazing but 3D World was amazing too. You have shit tastes.
>Wii U versions of 3rd party games getting cancelled or moved to switch left and right
Yooka Laylee and Yooka Laylee? (Genuinely unsure of how it was supposed to run on WiiU or Switch anyway considering it chugged on PS4 and Xbone)
Genuinely unsure what else got cancelled, especially third party. Third party was just straight up not making WiiU games not pulling off the console

Enjoy the scraps/10 Probably the reason I won't but a Switch/10 is about how I feel

The model 1 Switch will never outsell the WiiU, thanks Apple.

Absolutely SEETHING

So you don't know what a sequel is?

Neo-Sup Forums has this odd obsession with unnecessary change. To them its not worth playing unless a sequel completely reinvents the game.
Hell I've seen a few people defending MvCi. Now just because it's different.

>Nintendo you fucked up by playing it too safe!
>Nintendo you fucked up by changing it up completely!

Cool, I never played Splatoon

>3D world was amazing
No it wasn't. It was good, but it won't compare to Odyssey, let's be real. It's the worst 3D wahoo by far.

So no source? You just lost all your credibility.

Not all motion controls is wagglan shit

I own splatoon 1, so I don't care about splatoon 2 for now, or a switch. I just want to see final boss footage already, and the song.

The Switch looks awful and "better" versions of games I've had and finished at this point doesn't make me jealous.
>Paid online, jewery and guaranteed to hurt the long term health of the Switch's online communities (Rip ARMS and Puyo Puyo Tetris in 1-2 years time)
>No backwards comparability compared to the WiiU's 3 native gens
>No VC yet
>Shitty dpad on the pro controller (youtube.com/watch?v=FOZ4EsGVBhM) and not dpad on the joycons (not dpad in handheld mode at all)
>Ruined the controls for handheld mode (Straight up and down stick and buttons instead of diagonal like literally every modern controller ever, no dpad) because they wanted to incorporate the meme control scheme of holding the joycons sideways
>Joycons also reintroduced wagglan into the console native controller (gamepad was only capable of gyro aiming)
>Price gouging jewery, 70 dollar controller, 100 dollar docks
>70 dollars a pop forproper controllers on a console guaranteed to have heavy local multiplayer games
>Can't keep a hard shell case on the Switch without having to take it off for docking and gameplay
>No streaming services
>No internet
>Shit tier dpad
>Shit graphics increase (whereas the Wii to WiiU was behind but at least substantial between the two)
>Joycons load in from the top, potential to cause a tablet to drop if its grip on the joycons were to ever malfunction
>Too big to be portable
>Too weak for console games (Botw still runs at 25 FPS in TV mode)
In trying to be a hybrid it completely fails to be a good handheld or console

I couldn't want this console less. Model 2 Switch or no buy, EVER.

>3D Land but more and better
>The worst bing bing wahoo
You don't think before you post, do you?

seething

>at this point doesn't make me jealous.
>spends 15 minutes typing a reason why he isn't jealous

lmao

>new campaign
It's the same shit though. Dull platforming with rehashed bosses that takes like two hours at most to complete.

The game really is Splatoon 1.2 instead of the Splatoon 2 everyone hoped for.

Post your copy of Splatoon 2 please

6-10 hours is the general consensus

They said that about the first game too.

I've literally had the games for years and on a better designed piece of hardware.

The post purchase rationalization on Switch owners is something else.

[Citation needed]

hm who am I going to believe. People that have played game or you, someone who never has

Post your review copy user

>a better designed piece of hardware.
AHAHAHAHAHAH
Wait, wait, let me read that again
>a better designed piece of hardware.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>Wii U
>Better designed

Okay now you jest

Says the one rationalizing his Wii U purchase

Damn it must hurt huh? And I don't even own a switch

3D World is a clusterfuck with 4, but feels empty by yourself. If you think 3D Land is worse, it's because you have shit taste. Land has the advantage of being based around singleplayer, and it feels more tight and focused as a result. 3D World, doesn't have a focus, and as a result isn't great at anything. Also, this is a nitpick, but basing an entire game around the cat suit is fucking stupid.

So uhm, you like, shoot ink and dive in it. How is that different than the first one, huh?

Great i hacked mine so it all cost $0 ;)

Is this your first sequel ever?

so uhm, you like shoot ppl? How is that different than the first one, huh?

so uhm, you like shoot ppl? How is that different than every other game, huh?

$250*, but good on you i think it was an underrated system

>After reading and watching reviews the general consensus is that it's basically a Splatoon One port.
Show me one (1) place besides Sup Forums thats claiming this.

Wrong it was $200 between a used wii u itself and a standard 1tb hdd.

>Le it's ok when a sequel I wanted is a rehash and doesn't improve or impress maymay

Damn guess COD really is worth those 9's and 10's every year then!

I could see Neogaf thinking like that.
This arbitrary change for the sake of change mentality originates from there.

Show me a sequel that's not like its predecessor AND wasn't shit on because of it. I'll wait.

Its weird though, the competitive scene was initially worried they changed too much but they shut up when it was implied the skill ceiling was raised after they revealed more details on things like the double edged sword specials and weapon reworkings.

>Switch will sell 10 million consoles by December 31.
lol

Mario Kart 8: It's like 7 but you can drive on walls and upside down (doesn't change anything though) and lacks a basic mode - 10/10
Splatoon 2: It's like Splatoon 1 but changes every special, has more weapons, new modes, and a new single player. - Meh, too much like the first one

I'm asking for overall improvements, not a new genre and not the same fucking game.

Splatoon 2 has those.

its at 6M rigt now and with splatoon and Mario ,Fe and other shit it will easily reach 4 M on the next 6 months.

>Multiplayer focused game
>Fun and accessible gameplay
>On the Switch

Has no split screen even in salmon run.
Why is this allowed?

There's one thing people don't seem to understand about the shortages:
No, Nintendo is not running out of components or consoles RIGHT NOW, what they miss are components to produce more consoles for the next months.
They have already secured enough stock (at least in theory) for the Holiday season, seeing as SMO comes out around that time.
They have trouble keeping up with the increased demand because if they sell all the consoles they have right now, they won't have any when the big games (Mario, Xenoblade, etc) come out later this year.

>There's one thing people don't seem to understand about the shortages:
>they dont have consoles

No shit.

>reading comprehension

I didn't like the first one

It sucks, but I'm just not going to buy anything from Nintendo ever again.

>cant keep up with demand
thats pretty much they dont have enough you dumbfuck, if they are forced to secure consoles for latter dates it means they arent making enough of them.

>Want the sequel to be Splatoon, but with more weapons, maps, gamemodes, customization options, improved balance, new music, and general streamlining of some of the originals quirks.
>Splatoon 2 is Splatoon, but with more weapons, maps, gamemodes, customization options, improved balance, new music, and general streamlining of some of the originals quirks.

I ain't mad. I just wanted more of a thing I really liked, and it looks like the game delivers on everything I wanted in spades.

Not every sequel needs to reinvent the wheel.

It's like PS3 to PS4. You don't see PS3 owners shitting up PS4 threads just because it got a port

>Not every sequel needs to reinvent the wheel.
for reviewers splatoon needs to do that, not every other franchise tough.

Sup Forums bitched and complained endlessly when PS3 games got ported to PS4

Considering it is the best 3D Mario game thanks to comprehensive, tight, fantastic level design, I doubt it will be dethroned by a sandbox like Odyssey. But like all the mainline Marios, Odyssey will be a blast.

What is the context for this animation? I know it's from Chuunibyou but why exactly do they do that?

Imagine what Splatoon 2 will be like within the next year or two after updates.

Everyone shits up PS4 threads when it gets ports.

like what?

Scoring an 84 gives is a higher review score total than the original though, iirc.

So it's Splatoon, but slightly better.

idk, I just saved it because Wakfu butts

Also, THIS. Looking forward to see what the ARMS team is going to bring the table too, Max Brass/Headlock Scramble was a good start.

My point is that people who say "Switch can't outsell Wii U this year because they don't have enough console to sell" are retarded.

Wheres that guy who said it was getting 90 and wanted to be screen capped.

APOLOGIZE TO ME RIGHT NOW.

TLOU, Odin Sphere, Digimon, GR Remastered, Tearaway

That doesn't matter in this context. If you didn't like MK7 then you would be complaining about 8 and it still wouldn't change the general concensus

Dunno why drones think Splatoon is some masterpiece deserving of a higher score to begin with. Splatoon is fun for a few hours but then it gets old fast, especially when you've seen the limited amount of maps and round after round offers nothing new