Is this game worth buying into?

It's becoming FTP in 2018. But founder's packs are available now. What are your thoughts on Fortnite?

Don't buy anything from Epic. UTAlpha was abandoned and I bought a Paragon Faunder pack and the game hasn't seen anything worth a dick since the fucking alpha.

Epic is shitting games out and they're all as bad as the other.

played for 2 days, seem like a good time waste before Destiny 2 comes out
i think it's worth to buy the cheapest version, the founders get free loot box every day so that's cool

congrats on having the worst taste on Sup Forums

i like tower defense genre and this game is perfect for me

On one hand there's an assload of progression which seems cool, on the other hand the game seems to be really easy and repetitive, like just waves and waves of non-threatening zombies for several missions at a time

I think above all else that's where they dropped the ball. If they're going to go that route they should at least make the gameplay more exciting, just look at warframe, most of the missions are so easy you'd have to be retarded to fail them or die in them but it's still extremely satisfying to kill shit with various frames and weapons.

I've heard people say it gets harder and more interesting at later levels but who really wants to sit through 5 - 10 hours of easy mode shit?

>UTAlpha was abandoned

There was a pretty big update a couple of weeks ago. There's been one every month for a while.

true, i have yet to actually fail a mission
they probably should make zombies harder to kill, but then everyone will bitch about them being bullet sponges
it kinda gets harder tho when they introduce new types on enemies and mini bosses

isn't this a game that was trying to ride the Minecraft hypetrain?

A family relative of mine bought that deal with the free second copy and gave it to me, so now I'll have to force myself to play it. I wasn't interested in it at all and I try to stay the hell away from early access games. The youtuber shilling of this game doesn't really help either. Is it at least ok if I like tower defense games and wave defense/horde mode games?

At least they got something right

Don't support anything with founders packs or loot boxes. You already know the devs are massive jews. They are trying to sell you an unfinished product for 150€. Those aren't even good rewards. For 150€ they should send you atleast a T-shirt and some posters but no, just pointless ingame garbage.

>tower defense games and wave defense/horde mode games
This game is pretty much that but you also have to deal with f2p stuff.

>At least they got something right
>this
>compared to nier
wew

How deeply ingrained is the f2p grind? Is it worse than warframe?

>not posting the thicc engineer lady
How hard will it be for me to get her starting with nothing?

In my opinion it just doesn't have enough content atm

You take one part minecraft, one part tower defense, one part zombie shooter and throw in a dash of thicc and you get this FoTM Twitch bait horse shit.

It's actually better, you don't have to grind for weeks to get your first warframe or weapon.

>not on steam
dead on arrival

That's good. Hopefully I'll like it a lot more once I get down to play it. I just don't want to seem like a jerk to my cousin.

>That face
Every fucking time I see it it gets uglier.
in 3 days

Where da lolis at though...

>zombie survival crafting online

Yawn

>AAA, experienced developers with a budget

Hey wait a sec mayb-

>early access

YAWN

And yet it fails at all of those

You can't build too much or you get penalized.
It's not very creative as a tower defense since enemies follow a strict path and destroy everything along the way. No tunneling.
I guess it's a passable shooter though.

>I bought a Paragon Faunder pack

early access as in head start before the game officially goes live, not Steam "early access"

>UTAlpha was abandoned
wait, really? if true i'm done with epic forever

Another overwatch clone and why does it look llike battleborn

it's ok

>overwatch clone
you are redtarded

>thicc
She's just fat user.

>Crafting zombie survival tower defense

No thanks.

>How hard will it be for me to get her starting with nothing?
You get her by completing a main story mission 5-6 hrs in.

The building is well done,but that is the only good thing in this game.

It's another one of these "fun with friends" games, aka it's shit since almost anything is fun with friends
Also has no future to it, I'm predicting it being pretty dead in a month

>Tower defense invalidate your Sup Forums has contrarian opinion argument

>I'm predicting it being pretty dead in a month
You probably said the same thing about OW and PUBG.

>Dat face
ewwwww

>All friends hyped for game
>I try a day before to hype myself by watching gameplay
>Next day comes, I download game from friends account cause we gameshare and pay half and half for games
>I cant play game
>My other friend can't play game either (he also gameshares with his friend)

No probs I can play some other game till it comes out in 2018

OW was never going to be dead, it's a Blizzard game.
PUBG could have gone either way depending on small things, not really easy to predict that one, especially since I don't play those games myself

No, it's just never really seen active development.

It's kind of more like a test project they're using to develop UE4. Hopefully they'll get to it eventually.

It's kind of surprising given how popular team shooters are once again
And they got brand recognition from the get-go

>>I cant play game
What did he mean by this?

They're low-key messing around with team based a/d modes which I didn't really like in the previous games and I don't like their take on it this time.

I just want to play duel and ffa and tdm like the old fart I am.

Man I been playing the beta of destiny 2 and I dunno, it seems to me just like 1 but worse abilities more focused on gunplay, imo it's the same game but worse. In most aspects anyway

PUBG will die either when the devs go full retard or a better BR game comes along.

Oh yeah, fuck a/d. Honestly they should just remake 2K4 with current graphics and add some fucking hats of course, this is 2017 after all

Destiny 2 will be a flash in the pan, just like the first one. It will keep some MMO addicts who only play console games addicted though so it won't outright die and will have good first week sales

Looks somewhat fun but it will be free to play in 2018 so I wont pay 40 bucks to play an early acess game.

Well the game's already got hats so we're set. GOTY whatever year they get around to it.

Literally tumblr. You thicc fags are letting tumblr just settle in nicely here. Fuck off

I'm pretty sure tumblr would have a hissy fit about the lipstick in her belt.

But the abilities are the same? They added more ontop? Makes no sense

Tells me I need to purchase a pack from the 4 different editions to play game. Gamesharing doesnt work for this game it allows me to download but not play it

>game will become free later
literally why would you buy it?
this is literally early acess

I didnt really like the beta years ago, it pretty much melted my toaster.

Sold every beta key i got for steam money.

Will probably play it when its f2p if friends want to

Those fat fahs love lipstick because its not hard to apply. Plus it makes them look like that old style they like ( with the ruby red lipstick) not to mention shes fat, stronk and has pink fucking highlights.
Literally tumblr

It's the good kind of early access though. The game's done and you're just getting in early.

>paying $60 just to play a game earlier

>Pay to be a beta tester

They will just milk this now because of the hype and then again when it "launches" and goes F2P, after that it will be another mobile style freemium game.

>Implying warframes grind is bad
Anyone who puts more then a few hours into it realises it's literally the fairest f2p in existence apart from being straight up free.

That's incredibly homosex. Consider that enough to keep me from being interested.

devs probably release a "finished" version in a year for free
drop support
start developing a new pander game

lol I just wanted to make this thread.
Want to buy the Deluxe so me and my friend can play. But reviews, critics, and even videos are mixed feelings.

Like first it looks fun, but then its procedural meme bullshit that looks repetitive and boring. And there is tons of grind parts to it.

"It'll go straight to your thighs- AND THEN YOU WILL EXPLODE!!!"

I don't really disagree with that. It is pretty fair, but it gets old having to grind for nearly everything.

> thicc
just a fat lazy body.
retarded like when a loli has a 200 pounds steel armor.

well they said once you pass easy, you hit grind walls. dunno which is worse.

> I bought a Paragon Faunder pack
OUCH
HOW THE FUCK
It looked horrible straight from the first videos...

I didn't say it was a good deal.

One friend should have bought the "bit costlier" pack the 60$ one, and then he/she would have received an extra code.
We are thinking about this with my friend but fuck I cannot make up my mind.

well games come and go, all games will be 5$ in years, but there is also a lifecycle to a game. imo that's not really a valid point.

>game will die if the devs massively fuck up or a better game comes along

No shit. Every game except WoW, League, DOTA, and CS:GO will die if those happen.

Btw the page says
> 4 day head start
and
> release 25th July

So what now?
I mean all packs give you a "headstart", but the game only goes f2p in 2018. What happens in between? What changes on the 25th of July when it """comes out""'?

I think Early Access players get a blue tier version of her (and a bunch of other heroes) after one or two tutorial missions. Either that, or you get random heroes and I just happened to get that one as one of my two constructors.

Probably for the same reasons you would buy a game at launch, despite the fact that it will inevitably be cheaper in 12-18 months.

>is it worth paying 40 bucks + MTX for a game that's going free to play once early access is over?

the absolute state of Sup Forums

>there is also a lifecycle to a game
Only really for multiplayer games where you need more people than just your friends. If you don't play a game just because it's "old" or not the game your favorite eceleb is playing, you need to get the fuck out of here

It's a way of selling the preorder bonuses for a few days after the game is out because it's not "out".

It depends on the game really.

Bump!

But the FAQ says the packages will not change in the foreseeable future, so what? I mean if I buy the 40$ pack for example, that will net me the access (game basically) and that's it?

The mistake they made was calling it "Early Access", when all it means in this case is "Play the finished game 4 days earlier"

Fucking retards...

Hmm I see. So basically nothing will change 4 days later.
Cheers.

Another lifecycle will begin when the game goes f2p, especially if I can just play with my friends and dont need anyone else to play.

btw another thing, I feel like they should have added cross-platform gameplay and 6 player. I love 8 player parties in FFXIV as well, so much better than only 4.

It's just 4 weapons

I assume they will update it like any other game of this type. It's just that the game is not a beta or anything. At least not that I can tell from what I've played. It doesn't really feel unfinished, regardless of what you think of the gameplay itself.

btw its on Kinguin for the original price (EPIC decided to fuck over everyone not in US) YET they only send out the keys after 25th. even though it includes the rare pack.

wtf.

I believe they'll be gathering feedback, nerfing broken shit and boosting useless stuff.
Goddamn, I wish I can invite randos into a party, I'm stuck in Stonewood Storm Shield Defense 5 and I can't do it alone.

It'll be Overwatch style events every couple months.

They have a special crate for the launch month so that's a pretty strong indicator already.

I guarantee they will have special crates every holiday.

What is even this game? You build your base and then defend against AI zombies? Can you play against other people and try to invade their base?

I thought there is matchmaking or something lol.
Well, guess we will just have a /vg/ thread or Sup Forums thread and collect EPIC IDs to find people to play with.

I only have one person to play this shit with.... :/
Thought the game just searches the remaining members lol.

There's a search for help button iirc it's in the menu after you select the mission but before you launch it.

It's totally PvE, so the first version of what you wrote.
Think Dungeon Defenders with some base building elements and extreme grinding/progression (might not be so bad).

I know it's sacrilege to talk up a freemium game on Sup Forums, but I will say I am amazed by the random level generator it uses.

>I'm stuck in Stonewood Storm Shield Defense 5 and I can't do it alone.
Is your matchmaking set to friends only or private? If it's public, it'll actually search for randoms before the wave starts.

Notice a lot of people who play that haven't played dayz or missed out during the time it was extremely popular. It's a game full of stragglers and youngsters.

The matchmaking is set to public, but I can manually invite friends only, and no one joined in the two minute before auto launching, so I'm not sure how it works, tbqh

I bet Sean Murray helped them out.

With this game it's hard to say. Very much up to taste.
If you like randomly generated levels/dungeons, infinite grinding, and building like I do you're going to dig the fuck out of it.

If micro transactions, non-whites, shrill robots, or loot drops make you cringe, you're gonna have a bad time. Basically, if you didn't like Borderlands...

I wish No Man's Sky's whole planets were anywhere near as varied or explorable as this game's levels.

Wrong, the 90$ and higher are the versions that brings a second code. This is why we payed for 40$ but only one can have it