Did Tekken 7 fail?

>down to 3k online players from 16k in a month
>EVO Top 8 had less viewers than both Smash and SFV
>EVO pool viewers couldn't top Hearthstone streams
>Still no concrete sales figure in a month without much else new releasing

Wasnt this supposed to be Tekken's year?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/wMzPPSbJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, it failed.

its literally the most popular fighting game right now so no

fighting games will never be ultra popular online as you get exposed really easily and have no one else to blame for your shortcomings

evo top 8 was amazing and had great numbers so stop falseflagging you idiot

of course its never gonna be very popular its a fighting game and those aren't popular. but its a great game and fun if you like fighting games

No casual ever plays any fighting game for more than a month
Tekken's doing just fine

>had great numbers

Still less than Smash and SFV.

The numbers will only go down from here.

I haven't touched Tekken at all. I'm too busy playing ARMS.

and you will continue being a falseflagging idiot..

Are you saying Tekken had more viewers than Smash and SFV at EVO?

Answer that question first.

>stays silent after getting called out

It dropped off but the DLC and price drops will give it legs. It's laughable to suggest it won't end up as the most successful fighting game in the last 5 years; mark my words.

not him but tekken's always been like this to be honest, you can't say that it's dead if the dedicated playerbase has shrunk to 5k, if anything that's more than in TTT2

that being said, it's undeniable that SFV and both Smash 4 are far more popular in western countries (except europe maybe), in japan it's Guilty Gear and Blazblue that are outshining everything, even Smash Bros., their arcades favor these 2 games by a large margin

>PC

When will you people learn

Oh look it's you again.

This guy is some weirdo who only plays SFV and tries gosh darndest to spread all kinds of disinfo about it in his efforts to bring even one more player back to SFV so he can play against someone.

Truth is, these are just the PC stats but even there, there's about 6k concurrent players daily.

Also the finals had more EVO viewers than SFV. The crowd was way more hype too :(

It's ok champ. Maybe one day you'll learn that fans of a genre can play all the games in that genre, even the very difficult ones. Then you, too, can consider yourself part of the community.

Wrong pic fucking hell.

I still fucks with tekken 7.

Started maining Steve then move to M. Raven and Lili.

Enjoy more than I did with SFV and KoF (though I want to play more KoF)

yeah tekken is eu/korea favorite right

I abandoned it because it was too hard. Almost every character uses some weird stance bullshit that just makes it more confusing than it has to be, so instead of a normal 100 move list you get 150 or 200 depending on the character. It's just too much to deal with.

Tekken was 2nd most viewed top 8 you stoner

>Implying I give a shit about a glorified platformer and a game that capcom is forcing everybody on their payroll to play whether they like it or not

Gamers have evolved pasted fighting game garbage lmfao

game had the appeal to sell but was too hard to keep a majority of the fanbase. It's just the way fighting games are. Too hard/complex/time consuming for casuals, so only the most dedicated players stick around.

It looks cool as shit which is probably why so many people bought it, but when they get juggled for 50% of their health they probably regretted their decision and never touched the game again. It tends to happen with fighting games.

Plus another reason it lost so many players is probably because it lacks content. All it has as a weak story mode, arcade mode, treasure battle, and online (player match, ranked battles, and tournaments).

The game seems to rely on it's mechanics for it's replay-ability and nothing else, which seems to be why so many people dropped it. It lacks content.

It's not fun to learn.

>fighting game that isn't Street Fighter or Smash has massive drop-off in players after first few weeks

There's too much to learn and nothing about the process is fun. Fuck Tekken.

>fighting games will never be ultra popular online as you get exposed really easily and have no one else to blame for your shortcomings
Fucking this.

This. It's not fun to learn. It's even less fun to watch. It doesn't even have a real tutorial. Few people actually want to dig through youtube for HOW TO guides that aren't obnoxious.

Soul Calibur is fun to learn and fun to watch. Street fighter is fun to learn and fun to watch. Mortal Kombat/Injustice are at least fun to watch. BlazBlue/GG are hard as shit to learn but a blast to watch.

Tekken is just mostly boring as shit. Also the soundtrack is fucking abysmal. God damn is the music annoying.

It's a troll, you anime nigger. It's got like 6x the player count of SFV. It's literally the most popular fighting game right now.

I agree. It makes on effort to even tell you many of the core features exist. It just expects you to look everything up on youtube, which while that information IS there, it's just more time spent NOT playing the game so what's the point.

it's only popular because SFV was a flop, smash isn't on PC, and other fighting games are too obscure in NA. Tekken is a bad game, but popular because the competition is worse/non-existent.

>no tutorial
>want to learn the game
>spend 2 hours watching shitty youtube guides
>practice on infinite azure for 4 hours
>go online hoping to play against somebody of your skill level
>get btfo
>go to bot game and try to play as you would against a human
>get input read
it's a shame the game didn't have a tutorial. I wasted so much timing trying to learn the game that I could have spent learning the other characters so I don't get destroyed by some cheesy shit I've never seen before.
Not to mention the annoying ass music. The infinite azure song is stuck in my head forever now.

I think the no tutorial logic was the game was already available in Japan for 3 years. Harada probably only had the Japanese market in mind and thought a tutorial would be completely unnecessary for the home version since anyone who was interested already played it and buyers were the ones who already knew the game inside and out.

>Harada probably only had the Japanese market in mind

Is he a moron?

He took away the option to color clothes and hair brown because of two very specific glitched outfits.

So, yes.

>it's only popular because SFV was a flop
It's literally the highest selling fighting game franchise in the world. Because you're not good enough to play it with the big boys does not mean that it's bad.

Also, it doesn't matter how good or bad SFV turned out to be. SFV is not Tekken. The same way thet SFV is not Guilty Gear. People who like fighting games play lots of them for the different rules and styles. It's not like console wars or something.

Reminder SFV still hasn't met its 1 month sales projections from Feb-March 2016

>It's another "Sup Forums discusses fighting games" thread

And we just finished up the last one.

>It's not fun to learn. It's even less fun to watch

Says a lot about fighting games if its the most fun to watch

I just got BlazBlue and am doing the tutorial. Hot damn this thing is indepth. It walks you through every conceivable aspect with demos and hints, plus it's funny to watch. I'm 3 hours in and only 40% done. It's honestly very helpful, but with the amount of work it took to make I'm not surprised T7 didn't want to do it if they had to resort to putting copypasta bears in the roster to fill the spaces.

This is true and applies to all fighting games.

Fighting games are fucking hard to play against anyone close to your skill level because you can't blame anyone but yourself for losing, that's why you should play to LEARN and not to WIN.

It's been the most played game at my locals since it came out.

hey I'm playing tekken 7 now but have been kinda interested in SC
what makes it lower IQ?

Players per day on which platform?

these guys are really really really retarded

Melee and Tekken are easily on the same level. It's sad how fucking ignorant Sup Forums is about melee. It's sad. They also complain about Tekken being "too convoluted" or "too hard".

You don't need to know much for SC. Less moves, generally easier to play, don't actually have to know how to do anything to start playing it. It's a pretty simple game that anyone can pick up and play with only a basic knowledge of how fighting games work.

Also that list is kinda misleading. "lower IQ" does not mean "worse" or "less fun". It's just a measurement of how deep the fighting systems are and how difficult it is to play without experience or dedication.

These threads bring out a lot of posters who don't actually play fighting games. You get a lot of unnecessary opinions being argued strongly by people who don't actually hold an opinion worth value.

Such as yourself and the guy you replied to ?

Oh, look at you trying to be witty.

steam

DBFZ will save fighting games.

I've clocked about 100 hours learning Tekken and I'm still enjoying it.

Just got UNIB[st], on the other hand and am bored after just a few hours. There's just so much more to learn in Tekken that if you get bored with practicing combos, you can just move on to something else like finding frame traps or practicing movement, etc.

Just have to be in the right mindset- I had very little interest in learning T6 or TTT2 when I bought it because I was focused on the simpler fightan I had been playing. I wasn't prepared to have to learn as much as the games required.

DOA deserves to be a lot higher. Like it or not to play optimally you have to have great reads and excellent reactions.

>Wasnt this supposed to be Tekken's year?
Conceptually speaking, Tekken's year would come after they all realized it wasn't crap. This happens when people realize how badly Smash and Street Fighter have stagnated at EVO

PC version looks slick as hell.

League of legends players will not like this post...

180 IQ here. Can confirm I only play Tekken, VF5, VF4, and GG. Any other game causes me headaches and nosebleeds.

I'm playing it on PC till the PS4 gets it's lag input fixed, can't wait for the patch to prevent Dodgers on PC

>why are you not playing SFV right now threads
>Abigail aint that bad threads
>positive threads for SFV are always made almost every day.
>Almost all other threads of fighting games are negative or saying that 'insert fighting game' is dying/dead.

Hmmmmm.

All you really need to learn about fighting games are the base mechanics and how to use training mode.

I would agree if not for the design built around being friendly to mashing, giving the game a "nope" mechanic, having a blatant disregard for balance and the way it doesn't seem to understand the point of the 'low, mid, high' elements of the games it tries to copy.

How do you make it look so good? Is that a mod?

As much as I hate to admit it, I do think the game is dying if not dead already.

It takes quite a while longer to find an opponent when compared with TTT2 a few months before the T7 release.

I guess fighting games are dying out. Sunrise, sunset.

>Everyone using the same 3-4 characters because muh power levels

It will be hype for a month and people will drop out

Nobody cares about the PC version, user.

Atleast it's not guilty gear

The SF meta has always evolved more than the Tekken meta. That's what keeps it more interesting competitively.

Have you ever played the game before?

You mean the resolution or the colors? I use a mild reshade but that screenshot was also 4K, which I wouldn't exactly call playable (lucky to get 30 fps).

This is more what it looks like when I play normally.

fighting games are garbage. Plain and simple.

yeah looks pretty crisp and the colors are good

Moves out of stances are counted in the movelist

It's still going strong imo. I don't have too much trouble finding matches on any given day.
However, the lack of post-release content is probably causing numbers to drop lower than the normal post launch slump. I mean, Winter 2017 for the next DLC character? Eliza's still not even available to everyone. The only thing for content in the near future is some new character panels.

>EVO Top 8 had less viewers than both Smash and SFV

user that's a lie, Tekken had more views than both Smash games.

Tag 2 had literally one major update in it's lifetime. Hopefully it's not the same for T7.

I think the player count depends on what time of day you play, especially on PS4.

I'm usually up till 4am and can't really find opponents at around that time.

I doubt it will be, but it concerns me that it's taking them so long to roll out content. All this announced stuff being shown and talked about, but it's still so far off.

Any ass faggots player wont like it. Hell any team based game you can shift the blame on to somebody else to shield your ego.

>watch DreamHack Atalnta Tekken stream
>it looks boring as shit

Well, these are my settings if anyone wants them.
pastebin.com/wMzPPSbJ

>he uses Steam numbers
Mustarden raus

it is boring. Block launchers, dodge pokes, punish whiffs. Same cookie-cutter gameplay style with every character. People don't like it because it's hard, takes forever to learn, and it's boring as fuck.

I got it because of the hype but I don't feel excited to learn that artificial difficulty korean backdash shit and memorize a million moves and combos desu

This reads like you dislike fundamental fighting game things in general.
A smasher then?

>artificial difficulty korean backdash shit
holy fucking lel

2D fighting games just look better, even if it's basic normals/neutral game.

3D games like Tekken and DOA look rigid and awkward when there isnt flashy shit going on. And even if there is, it's usually a limp body being juggled to the corner.

Nah, Civ player. I got into fighting games looking for a fun experience around mind-games and thought processing but gave up when I realized it's all about memorising frame data and strings/launchers. Not fun.

Until the FGC stops sucking Capcom's dick and Melee's ragged ass, there won't be much more room for other games to flourish.
But that'll never happen because they go where the money leads them.

Tekken does lack character diversity though. Every character has very similar tools with just a few exceptions (Bears, Mishimas, Akuma/Eliza, and Gigas maybe?)

>artificial difficulty korean backdash

lmao

The memorising and learning and becoming proficient comes first and that's when the mind games start, when you know the game well enough.

Civ requires way more memorization than any fighting game.

>it's all about memorising frame data and strings/launchers

Every single one of them.

>Memorizing frame data
Not memorizing but having a general idea, yeah

>strings
A few, sure

>launchers
Damn, so hard to memorize like 6 moves...

soul calibur looked good

probably because they use weapons and the combos are generally short

>Divekick that low
I bet you mash, faggot.

The only valid complaint you made is that all characters play the same, which is true.

In 2d fighters you have zoners, grapplers rush down, poke/neutral characters and everything in between.

In tekken 7 they are all the same, literally the same with different combo lists that all do the exact same thing.

no tutorial and no single player modes ruined it

>memorizing shit

you have to do this for every fighting game but for most of them its not that bad.

tekken is worst offender by far, its a complete chore to learn this game.