Dead rising 4 was made in 1 year

Is Dead rising completely fucked?

youtube.com/watch?v=geMgbqWkKVI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x-aUPgtPeXU
pcpowerplay.com.au/feature/interview-joe-nickolls-8211-studio-director-capcom-vancouver-on-dead-rising-4,442189
icxm.net/x/capcom-vancouver-studio-director-joe-nickolls-leaves-for-new-role.html
store.steampowered.com/app/580200/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

A god tier character like Frank doesn't deserve that destiny

Bump for an actually good video, even if it does describe shit that we mostly already know.

holy shit
This game was btfo

Honestly it's pretty disgusting what they've done to the franchise.

i hate pretentious faggots. so due to the 30 firs seconds of that video i am going to eventually play that game and going to enjoy it for what it is and nothing more. Sure it wont be the best thing ever but eh all i am expecting is anything over 5.1 out of 10 from it.

Wow awesome video OP dead rising 4 fukn sucked

>if you liked it, I'm going to change your mind
Stopped your video right there, OP

jim sterling gave it a 8/10 so i lov it

>capcom making bullshit in less than a year

what a surprise

A U T I S M

It's weird how each game takes steps further away from what made the previous installment fun. And I say that as a person who loves 1 and 2, and didn't even hate 3. But every change from game to game is the wrong thing to change. Even game length and the fact that you never really need to restart is a huge downside for 3. I was hoping 4 would bring things back, but once their pr campaign was going, I lost hype with every single bit of news. I didn't buy it, and everything I've heard tells me that was the right call.

Just watch the fucking video and stop being a fucking retard.

Dead rising 4 is a 2/10 at most for a dead rising game.

Are the ps4 ports any good?

1 and 2 are good

I had no idea they even made a 4, I figured the series was dead after how shit 3 was.

I'd just look at reviews, see if they mention anything like slowdown or porting problems. They should be fine though.

I wonder if DR4 will make people like DR3 more. 3 isn't a bad game, it's just moving the series further from what makes DR unique.

youtu.be/x-aUPgtPeXU

3 was actually pretty shit, 4 is just fucking disastrous.

The Steam version of 1 is good, and I'm assuming the PS4 version would be fairly samey.

Also I just "beat" 1 got the ending were the chopper crashed and Frank's infected and I've been digging the game. It's a rough game overall and I really think a lot of the time restrictions are just too strict, but it was still fun. Some of the bosses are also awesome while others are terrible (Carlito with the sniper was horrid, Carlito chasing you down in the box truck was actually pretty great) and the survivor AI can be shockingly horrible at times (couldn't for the life of me save those two Japanese guys, but that was before I figured out how good the "go there" command is)

but yeah, solid 7 out of 10 game imo. Surprisingly unique, don't think another game has done zombies in this fasion and I doubt one ever will do them as well as DR does.

It's a 9/10 in my opinion, I took off one point because the survivors can be a little tedious at times but the way they act like little wimps makes it all the more a challenging experience.

Go get the better ending. You're absurdly more powerful now. Not to mention a better understanding of the survivor system will make that part of the game a lot easier.

>Video with almost no views
>Video creator is a fat neckbeard
Stop shilling your channel.

You summed up every action movie, proof of concept that does something unique with each sequel focused on the wrong thing

Dead rising was no exception to this, it was going to a zombie slice them up using a commercial setting to kill siad zombies with increasingly over the top weapons.

Like Death Wish!

Even if it was my channel, it's better than all the other shitposts on this board that aren't even talking about video games.

I'm just a dead rising fan pissed off by the way the series has become.

Dead rising only ended that way because Keiji inafune stopped directing the series.

yeah, I'd probably say 8/10, 7/10 feels a bit too harsh. My only huge beefs were how rushed almost everything felt (saving Brad was like a nightmare to complete, probably only got it because of that bathroom shortcut. There was also some segment were I got like 6 scoops at the same time and all of them had the same time limit, only got to one before I ran out of time for the others) and a lot of the game felt super confusing at times. I guess just focusing on the main story the first time through might be the best way to play it, but goddamn if it isn't rewarding to do some of that side content.

I'm going to play the part were you prevent Frank from becoming a zombie, might do another playthrough but who knows. Is it hard to get the mega buster?

How would you guys fix the series? Besides simply taking more time to make sure the game isn't a total mess.

I'd probably separate combo weapons in to minor and major. That way making a lightsaber requires a workshop, but hooking up a lighter to a can of hairspray is just something you can do in the field. Maybe make duct tape a catch all resource for combo weapon making in the field (though you restock at workshops). That way just getting a normal gun is great, you don't immediately always save it until you have a knife to glue to it so you have a shotgun sword. Normal weapons need to mean something again.

And more enemy variety. DR3 did okay with how firemen and football zombies were different fights, but go nuts with it. These zombies are created by zombie breeding bees, have some grow more insectoid as time goes on. Fliers or accurate projectile zombies could change the game a lot. And bosses need to be unique like they were in 1 and 2.

I forget the requirements for the Megabuster. It is wonderful from what I remember though.

Sadly they don't realize what people like about it. All they needed to add was full campaign coop.

How do I unread this

>30 minutes

No thanks, shillmigo

Id make combo weapons more realistic and less common while also being less of a priority.

I'd make more weapons to pick up, like being very detailed about it.

Like killing a zombie with a piece of paper or shower towel. Things like that.

I'd also fire the writers and directors and put someone who knows what the series is truly about.

Also have more game development time and not rush it.

It's not hard it's just boring. You have to get the zombie genocide achievement so you basically just run over zombies in the tunnel for three days

>Like killing a zombie with a piece of paper or shower towel. Things like that.
I could see those as a fun way to neutralize a zombie. Like wrapping one's head in a towel or knocking one back with a playful towel snap. Shove some balled up paper in it's mouth so it can't bite anymore, or get some level up ability that lets you throw even paper hard enough to do real damage.

I was thinking the game needs a new protag, but in the spirit of Frank who doesn't really seem too concerned by all the death around him. My immediate thought is sort of a punk girl, maybe throw some licensed music in there so she can kill particular zombies to get tapes. The only concern is there is a good reason the DR protags are all male: a man in a dress in inherently funny. Not sure if I could probably compensate for that.

Oh, yeah, it's not hard. Just learn your route, so that you are picking up a new vehicle as the last one is about to fall apart, and repeat until you got the right number. Obviously that's the focus of one full playthru, as you won't have anytime for story missions, but it's not hard if you're smart. If you fuck up the vehicle route, just remember to have some weapons and queen bees on hand.

Do I need to fully replay the game to get different endings? I'm not even sure what I can do to effect the outcome of these endings.

He's kind of overpraising the story, but there was something to it that gave it a bit of a reflection, that and it was hard to figure out what was going to happen next. I really doubt it's the story alone that makes 1 superior to the other games, and 1's story isn't nearly good enough to push it that far.

>Need Zombie genocider to get the megabuster

Well, fuck that then.

The nu-male director left the company after the game came out.

pcpowerplay.com.au/feature/interview-joe-nickolls-8211-studio-director-capcom-vancouver-on-dead-rising-4,442189

It seems like the leafs thought Frank West acted like he did based on that first Dead Rising dtv movie. Which is a mistake because that wasn't even Frank, that was just Rob Riggle playing himself.

icxm.net/x/capcom-vancouver-studio-director-joe-nickolls-leaves-for-new-role.html

i mean this link

jesus christ

Yeah, Frank seems cold to all the death around him, but the little I saw of footage of DR4 makes him seem like a weird crazy person.

>This video is proof it was made in one year
>They wanted to cut corners so they brought Frank back
>Even though it's a completely new model with a new voice actor so nothing could be recycled
>another corner they cut was recycling Williamette
>But it's a completely new map with far fewer recycled assets than DR2
>To cut another corner they removed the timer because it would take too long to figure out how long a player would run through it
>this is despite the company having thousands of collective hours of playtime from testers giving detailed reports about each area and story section in the game
This video isn't proof of anything except that the video maker wanted to pick low hanging fruit so he chose an irrelevant game everyone knows is bad and tried to parade its faults around as if any of this is news.
Turn down the smug, pick a subject that is controversial and bring something new to the table. Your video is shit op.

Nah

But you watched it, so he got what he wanted.

I don't think "a year" is accurate, but I'd bet the dev time was at most half the dev time of any of the previous games. There is preplanning work that would be cut out entirely be saying "just make it a soft reboot with Frank", even if they do all the finish up work fresh. As much as Nick felt like a pussy compared to Frank and Chuck, there was time put into making him, and figuring out how the map in DR3 should flow.

The video could have been trimmed down though, I bet at least 8 minutes could be cut without any real loss.

I only watched enough to get to the timer for it to be clear he wasn't saying anything of worth in the first five minutes so he wouldn't be saying anything in the next 25.

It's backloaded, as the stuff he can actually point out is in the later half. Little things like how many weapon combos are in 3 compared to 4 (despite 4 being able to recycle a lot of them from 3 and 2), and how reflection tech worked in 3 compared to how there was none in 4.

If he had lead with that, and cut down the Frank/Mall stuff to what I said (the ability to skip a lot of preproduction) then it would have been a much tighter, smarter video. The stuff you pointed out was by far the weakest shit, no idea why he lead off with that.

Never lead off with shit you can't prove or demonstrate.

HOLY FUCK CHRIS DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THAT, THIS CANT BE REAL

store.steampowered.com/app/580200/

I hope he makes a video of this next, it was definitely made in 1-2 years in unity. They have not playtested the game and avoided making demo or going into early access because people would have refunded faster.