>most desired update
>current feelings on the game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9fO1YFLMNKo
strawpoll.com/wwc86f4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nice General you got here

Ever heard of ?

I want a new brand to be revealed so clothing options can blossom already.

Thanks for the bump, but you might want to take that up with the current Persona 5 Thread or the years of Dark Souls Threads we've had. But I'd be happy to apologize for trying to talk about vidya on /shitpost/

No. Is it where faggots like you belong?

God forbid we talk about video games on Sup Forums

Map, not sure
Favorite weapon is the good ol Splattershot
Most desired update is the incoming trislosher nerf
A+ rank, climbing the chains

Fuck that weapon

The tri-slosher makes me actually upset, it's so entirely unfun to play against

Humpback Pump Track
Moray Towers
Nzap but I'm getting used to the L-3's sub and special, still miss the disruptor though
Rainmaker
B
S
S
The D version of the L-3 and Flounder Heights
It's fun but needs more maps

>Salmon Run
>Wave 1
>got the charger
>Glowflies

blows my mind that so many people complain about the octo when the trislosher is worse in every single way

>Nzap but I'm getting used to the L-3's sub and special, still miss the disruptor though
I don't get what was so good about the original disruptor. Every time I saw someone use it, it seemed like they could've just been shooting the guy instead. The new one is good for area denial

>favorite map
Sturgeon Shipyard
>least favorite map
Starfish Mainstage
>favorite weapon
Inkbrush for Turf War, Octobrush for Ranked
>favorite mode
Rainmaker
>ranks
All B, taking my time between trying different abilities in Turf War and getting tickets in Salmon Run
>most desired update
Tri-slosher nerf for my buddies salty tears, otherwise I'd like some more clothes.
Balancing seems kinda fucked, with rollers being shafted extra hard. Also the fuck is with voice chat, Nintendo. But still a fun as fuck game.

I used it to delay the Rainmaker, pretty much anyone hit was already dead.

Salmon run makes me so angry sometimes
>Spawn with the Goo Tuber on the night wave
>Guy with duelies decides to solo it, runs away from the team
>Glowflies hits him, he dies pretty quickly, the whole team falls because they overwhelm us

Do pubs not understand the glowflies?

That wave is easy as hell if everyone sits on the platform next to the basket.

I love it. It's a lot better then the first one.

I'd argue the story mode itself is worth it alone this time. The inclusion of extra weapons make replaying the stages fun as hell.

Also have cute Callie with kitties.

>Glowflies go to me first
>I have the splatling gun
I for twenty seconds understood how Heavy Weapons Guy felt in the end of his trailer.

What abilities should I be using on Heavy Splatling?
>stand on that platform
>one salmoid bumps me off of it
>glowflies get on me in the middle of the swarm
I was so mad when we wiped

is there a way to let you look up and down with the stick while using motion controls?
feels shitty having the Y axis locked

yeah I was spamming This Way! to randoms but they were 2 dumb

Aside from trislosher and and the over nerfing of rollers, I think the game is pretty well balanced. The weapons at S+ have been pretty varied. Though I do very much look forward to a trislosher nerf

How should the trislosher be nerfed? Less range? Lower damage on the side sloshes?

I think the game having no Invincible specials makes it way better

Ambushing someone only to activate their bubbler was fucking annoying in Splatoon 1

Yeah, if I could change my viewpoint with the motion rather then just my aiming direction I would actually use motion a lot more. Loved doing stuff like that in the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

>The Reef
>Moray Fucking Towers
>52 Gal / N'Zap / Jet Squelcher / Dualie Squelchers
>Rainmaker
>A Rainmaker, B+ Tower Control, C+ Splat Zones
>More clothing options, more maps, some older maps revamped and returned
>It's better than Splatoon 1 in almost every way, especially on launch, save for the fact we have to suffer fucking Moray Towers from LAUNCH

Fall off damage in range, lower damage on the side

it makes no sense how the side shots are still 2 hit kills

>Balancing seems kinda fucked, with rollers being shafted extra hard.

Fellow roller user myself, and yeah, they could use a buff.

im glad rollers are over nerfed
the absence of them in most games is a pure bliss

I don't think they're that bad

Make vertical flicks 2 hit kills at range, because the aim and speed you gotta operate at, and I think it'll be good

Just less range. Give it dualie level range, and I'd be happy

Instead, now the skilless faggots have new crutch weapons in the form of the crutchbrush and the crutchbucket.

I dunno if it's my 1500 hours in Splatoon 1, but I've ranked up in Splatoon 2 fast. I'm S in everything and sometimes the fights don't seem hard.

Someone hasn't met me yet :^)

>playing shovelware pedoshit garbage
no thanks.

>crutchbrush
says the skilless faggot at C rank

>2 hit vertical flick at range
agreed. Do you know exactly what nerfs the rollers got in 2? I've had trouble finding a definitive answer

>>favorite map
Starfish Mainstage
>>least favorite map
Pump Track
>>favorite weapon
Dualies
>>favorite mode
RM
>>ranks
S+/S+/S
>>most desired update
MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS
>>current feelings on the game
It's way better than S1 in that there's no expressedly broken+mandatory abilities like Attack Up and Ink Res but the chunk system is really frustrating to deal with.
Nerf the fucking Octobrush, it shouldn't have that wide a range and that fast of an attack speed without more damage falloff.

>Bought Krak-On roller to use squid beacon, solely so I could see how bad it was for myself
>Place it down
>Die
>Respawn and see it on the map
>Notice that there isn't a button tied to it
>Can't select it
>Realize I have to use the right stick to manually select it to teleport to
>One time use
>Can be destroyed

Any set this has this piece of shit is JUST tier, I don't know what they were thinking with this. They should just make it like Sombra's teleported, where if you place it down you are able to return to it once, and it can be destroyed.

Here you go, now go shit up a Switch console thread or spam laughing pictures in a Sony thread

ranks are easier to climb here, and there are a bunch of new players. I got to S+ in all modes without dropping rank even once

>being this jealous
It's only 250 you know. You'll see how good it is compared to the Shitch.

Jealous of what?

For an S+, you sure are retarded. you can outrange the octobrush with your dualies, you shouldn't complain. A weapon with that little range doesn't need a nerf. The trislosher is the weapon that needs a nerf.

Actual games.

I really want to like Splatoon 2 but I just can't seem to get the hang of motion controls or find a weapon I like
Maybe I'm doomed to being bad at it forever

S+ player here, the Octobrush is a no skill crutch because it has a MASSIVE AoE and does a ton of damage to the point where any shooter is lucky to trade with it in a 1v1. It and the Tri Slosher are the best close range weapons in the game.
Tri Slosher is currently busted because it has the same range as the Splattershot, but with wider spread and a good rate of fire as well as having no damage falloff or an aiming requirement.
youtube.com/watch?v=9fO1YFLMNKo
These weapons are too strong in their current state and bad players are using them to shoot up in rank.

You can aim to select the beacon and other players you know. Besides you can put more than one at a time, and they would be OP if they couldn't be destroyed.

>Reef
>Towers
>Splattershot Pro/Jet Squelcher
>TC
>S TC, S RM, S SZ
>Nerfs to Trislosher, more maps
Ranked is pretty fun, better than the first game. Miss the Japs though.

*Glances at my Darkseid AI on Injustice 2 grinding for armor pieces*
Oh you mean the muh realizm machine. Yeah, already have it.

>favorite map
The Reef
>least favorite map
Tri-shitter
>favorite weapon
Jet Squelcher
>favorite mode
Splat Zones
>ranks
A- in Splat Zones
>most desired update
Maps.
First time in years I've really been this invested in a multiplayer game on a console. The motion controls are great because I hate console shooters.
I've only really bothered with Splat Zones, but I did go from C- to B- to A- by jumping all ranks winning every game while carrying them hard. Currently winning my A bracket and it's way more fun in A bracket. I'll be S in no time. Fuck the Tri.

>>least favorite map
>Tri-shitter
It pretty much inks a whole least favorite map

Stay mad.

Stick with the motion controls for 2 weeks, and play turf wars

Who cares if you suck it up in turf wars, that mode is filled with baddies

I like the Art Academy best, and Pump Track the least. Even then, the Track is at least interestingly designed.

If they bring back Walleye Warehouse this game will be perfect.

I have a hard time believing an S+ player would be this stupid, but I'll engage anyway. I'm triple S+, and you're retarded if you let a brush get close to you. With a slosher, it can hit you from behind obstacles, so that's fair. An octobrush can't. You have to be mentally handicapped to let it get close to you. It should never win in a 1 on 1. I know that about the trislosher. The octobrush has no such benefits. It has less range than dualies, and can't hit over obstacles/around walls. It's wide hitbox is the only redeeming factor for it being so low range, as it can sometimes hit multiple people if they are stupid enough to be grouped up (something that should never happen at high ranks)

>playing with stick
It's your fault.

Just because I outrange them doesn't mean they aren't a fucking pain to play against. It's no fun seeing an Octobrush above you, swinging like a retard and getting kills because for some reason, even at max range, the Octobrush only takes 4 hits to kill. It's a pain on Tower and on Zones because it controls a wide range of area and has a huge damage output, but unlike the other weapons, requires no aiming on the users part. Just mash ZR when something is in your general line of sight and you'll get a kill, plus the Autobomb is one of the best subs in the game, and the Inkjet can totally circumvent it's lack of range considering how fast it can fire a 1 hit killing shot so shortly after being activated.

Octobrush is a crutch for bad players who cannot aim and needs a nerf.

>says the skilless faggot at C rank
Nice try, crutchbrusher.

Are there any weapons you would recommend?
I really like the Splatling but it doesn't seem to be very good/popular

>Aim to select beacon
>Implying I use motion controls

Unless you mean using the right stick which I stated. They are literally useless because your teammates do the same thing.

And people in League.

Sure thing

>250 for an outdated version when the Pro exists
>developers will optimize future games to run for Pro and will thus run like shit on the regular PS4

Enjoy your 250 dollar chug machine I suppose.

Ah yes, actual games like the bog-standard western Triple A shit with uncanny visuals and cover-based shooting and empty open-wordds with mindless fetch quests.

This game has a lot of sass

I don't like that

>took him until level 36
Kek, no wonder you have trouble with shortrange weapons. Learn to aim

If you like the Splatling, then use the Splatling my man. It can control a huge area and give hell to everything that isn't a charger. The only issue with the Splatling is that it has horrible sub/special. You should keep working on your Splatling game until the Splatling Deco comes out. It has the Splash Wall which will be a godsend because it'll allow you to be much more aggressive.
For abilities, use Ink Recovery Up and Run Speed up.

Octobrush isn't that bad, except in Tower Control, Holy shit, do I hate Octobrushes on the tower, but then again, Blasters, Tri Sloshers and Brushes are a fucking pain on the tower.

having being a shitter in Splatoon 1 and playing exclusively with analog then switching to Splatoon 2, the first weapons you will do decent with is close range weapons.

So Splat duelies, octobrush. When you start to get comfortable, start using guns with a bit more range and then you'll start to feel better at the game.

Sensible chuckle/10

So you have bad enough positioning to get caught it the range of one of the shortest ranged weapons in the game and you complain? Maybe you should go back to Splat1 where invincibility specials and echolocators will bail you out when you are too shitty to have any map awareness. Not to mention that a 4 hit is still outranged by dualies and is enough to be reacted to and escape from

I wish they'd give the brush a minor damage buff. Just let it kill in 4 hits instead of 5, I don't care if you have to increase the ink consumption in exchange Nintendo, just stop making me worry that my trigger is gonna break!

Thanks Anons
I'll just swap out a lot with close range stuff and the splatling and try to get better

>being proud of getting carried by a crutch to S+

nice image. I'm watching Revenge of the Creature right now

crutch armor nerf when?

REMOVE OCTARIAN

remove octarian. you are the octo idiot you are the octo smell. return to octo valley. to our jellyfish cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the underpass ahahahahahaha, octarian we will never forgeve you...octarian genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead octoling ahahahahahaMARINAFAGS WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget splatfest ketchupfaggot. marina we kill the king, marina return to your precious keybord ahahahahahaha shrimp and octarian smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE OCTOLINGS FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. squelcher+aerospray=kill octoling...pearl alive in inkopolis, pearl make album of inkopolis.fast rap pearl inkopolis. we are rich and have egg now hahahahaha. you are ppoor stink octarian..you live in a crevice, you live in a cave

pear alive numbr one #1 in inkopolis....fuck the octo ,...FUCKk ashol octos no good i ink in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry. pearl aliv and real strong wizard kill all the octoling farm animal with rap magic now we the squid rule .ape of the zoo marina fuck the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and octoling wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn gve bak our turf we will crush u lik a shell of crab. inkopolis greattst countrey

I play octobrush, and this nigga gets it. Anyone with map awareness and half a brain and fucking shit on brush players. When I switch to the nzap, I never have a problem against brush users.

>crutch armor blocking a killing direct hit

>favorite map
Musselforge Fitness
>least favorite map
not sure, probably one of the holdovers from 1
>favorite weapon
Dualie Squelchers, but I flip-flop on that a lot
>favorite mode
Salmon Run
>ranks
C- across the board, haven't put much work into climbing yet
>most desired update
More salmon run content, would be fun to see more variety or at least more waves
Oddly cool compared to the first, but not for any reason I can justify. I hope I find the energy to put more time into it because it's the only multiplayer game I'm really invested in right now.

r8 my squidkid

strawpoll.com/wwc86f4s

Thoughts on these numbers?

>still going in when you see it activate

You're just bad.

Hypno-Callie dominating Agent 4 doujin when?

>Salmon Run
>no one joins
>game throws me solo
>obviously failed
>pay cut

Fuck this nigger bear

Play ranked, you're only exploring 2/5 of the multiplayer modes.

>Aeromeme
Sup Forums fucking sucks

>wastes his time squidbagging
>misses the window of time in which ink armor is activating and squid is still vulnerable
>dies for his stupidity
>blames his mistakes on a "crutch"

poetry

The reef
Moray Towers
Can't choose on one: currently heavy splatling, splatterscope, and splash-o-matic.
Rainmaker
C-, B-, B-
More weapon alternitives. Also to add in the damn music from splatoon 1 back in and give us a choice to choose between splatoon 1, splatoon 2, or both games battle songs.
Is good but the quicker they port the maps from splatoon 1 the better.

Fuck off Captain Cuckklefish.

dead serious, foreign people spewing hatred in broken english terrifies me

typical ketchup child busy squidbagging instead of playing well

No, my dude. Saying something isn't fun to play against doesn't mean it fucks me in the ass, it means it's not fun to deal with. Backpedaling against an Octobrush is all it takes it kill them, it's very easy to do, but that doesn't mean the Octobrush isn't busted in it's current state. They are ANNOYING. When I get sniped by an E Liter, it's fine. The E Liter earned the kill because they figured out how to aim and connect their shots. Getting killed by
an Octobrush just means some idiot got to a higher point (see: tower, or the ledges on Moray) and is swinging like an idiot. Getting to a high point and spamming your brush swing does not count as 'positioning', and it does not make you good.
I don't see how you can say that the Tri Slosher is busted, but the Octobrush, which has almost the same range and is played almost identically, is fair and balanced.

Feels like I traded in my WiiU and its games so I could play Splatoon, but you know, not on a dead system. Still a lot of fun at times, just not as fun as Splatoon 1 was.

Ugh, I already puke from mayo and this Splatofest didn't help.

That's just because it's not as fresh

STOP PULLING ME OUT OF MAP YOU FUCKING GAME

I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO ACCESS MAP WHENEVER I WANT FUCK FACES

>It's easy to deal with, honest!
>B-but it's still busted!
user, stop this. You've already admitted it's easy to deal with this weapon. If you get killed by it, while knowing it's limits and weaknesses, it's your own fault.

I think this image is a good example for how much harder it is to break marina out of her mold in drawing fan art.

>Tri Slosher is busted, but the Octobrush, which has almost the same range and is played almost identically
The octobrush can't hit over ledges/through the tower's pillar and has less range than dualies, while the trislosher has equal range to the splattershot. And your niche scenario where you are shitty enough to not escape an inconsistently hitting 4 shot from above means nothing.If you have any idea of where you are on the map, you should be looking out for that, and a lot of weapons with range would be able to kill you faster and more consistently in that scenario. It's very avoidable when the brush stays up there. And that's a scenario that almost any weapon can be substituted into. However a brush can be outranged in almost any 1 on 1 scenario, where as other weapons have some chance in coming out of those. Seriously, you're just bad at the game to bother complaining about it. It's like complaining about a shotgun in another shooter or a grappler in a fighting game. Don't be a fucking idiot and you should have no problems