Can we all agree DQ9 is the best in series

It has an amazing story, music is awesome, bosses are tough but exciting, battle system is good. What more is there to say

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aNznAWOUmTU
youtu.be/AmJ6dMBwTSo?t=109
youtu.be/AmJ6dMBwTSo?t=225
youtube.com/watch?v=0qMgqpslRz4
gematsu.com/2017/08/famitsu-review-scores-issue-1497
gematsu.com/2017/08/dragon-quest-ii-iii-3ds-first-screenshots-dragon-quest-ps4-gameplay
m.youtube.com/watch?v=SnfoDNg7kP8
youtube.com/watch?v=JBK7BZo2FQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

worst in the series

No, the story is shit, the party member are literal mutes with zero personalities, frame rate drops out the ass, shit graphics. I'll give it good vocation system and god tier post game.

I didn't like how every single person, place, and thing in the game was a pun. Also Stella was the worst thing to ever happen in DQ

4 is best.

Is there any other DQ with a post game as good as this one? Can only remember that most of them only have a dungeon at most afterwards.

It's great, but your party somehow managed to have even less personality than in DQ3.

Yeah true I won't deny that, it was one of the things I disliked about the game

Dragon Quest has no bad games. But Dragon Quest IX is nowhere near the best in the series. Mostly because it lacked a lot of good things DQVIII and X did.

>X
Fuck you. I still want X. It's getting another expansion soon, right?

>It has an amazing story

That's not 7

youtube.com/watch?v=aNznAWOUmTU

Do you think it would've been a better game if it would have been released on the wii or PS3?

that VI is the best one

>It has an amazing story
What the fuck. Even by DQ standards, the story is weak. DQ5 floors it.

Can we all agree Celestria is best girl and it's great your character ends up wandering the earth as it's guardian protector and getting sweet innkeeper, fairy, and goddess pussy?

The final boss animations are excellent.
youtu.be/AmJ6dMBwTSo?t=109
youtu.be/AmJ6dMBwTSo?t=225

DQIX has the longest post game by a mile, you're correct that the others have a few dungeons and maybe a little more

amazing taste user

You are now remembering the cowardly prince section.

Post opinions:
VI>V=IV>IX>III>VII>I>II (haven't played VIII yet)

I love Dragon Quest so much that every other JRPG is incredibly boring and I almost wish they pushed out different stories with the DS trilogy as a template every year.

Where do you guys come from? I hear almost nothing but disdain for 6 (or at least not a favorite), both here and on Sup Forums.

I don't know. But considering Dragon Quest X was on Wii and is basically an enhanced version of DQIX, there's a good chance.

Well it isn't crazy bad and I did like the story about Corvus.

>Go from vignette to vignette with no overarching antagonist until 99% of the way through the game, when the Gittish Empire comes out of nowhere and then Corvus shows up after pretty much only being mentioned in passing a few times at the beginning of the game
No, it's bad.

5 is my favorite. I dig the family aspect of it. It's something that you just didn't see then and still rarely see.

Name a better DQ girl in your opinion.
And why.

People can't seriously be thinking that any DQ game on shitty nintendo hardware can be good right? Shit graphics, shit framerate, shit gameplay, cut content due to the shitty hardware. Why the fuck did Square Enix even think of switching over?

I always feel sad when VI is overshadowed by the unique age-driven story in V and chapter structure in IV, but I feel like that's why it's seldom high on any list.

There's just no story in the game.

Make vignettes/micro stories, but have a theme running underneath.
Each small story should add to an underlying plot, no matter how subtle or obvious.

Honestly all three are fantastic in their own way.

Mah man

Medea. She got more development so the player feels more empathy for her.

Only decent review I was able to find on DQ VI : youtube.com/watch?v=0qMgqpslRz4

DQVI also doesn't get much mention in the west because it is the most unknown game in the series. That excuse doesn't work in Japan however. I'm willing to say the game gets overlooked because aside from Barbara's ending, the characters just don't stand out. They have about as much development as an NPC from Dragon Quest VII. Yet you use them for 40 hours.

There was a story though with each vignette connected to plot.
You go to each town in the beginning to solve their problems caused by the earthquake from the big bad in order to earn benevolence and fly the train. Then you go around collecting the figs which cause more problems.Then Aquilla betrays you leading to the plot with Gittish Empire, then Corvus.

Counterpoint: God who loves everyone including and especially you.

I don't know who this

i have literally never played a dragon quest game, yet own and have beseveral DQM games

For me it's this.

VII > III > IV > V > IX > VIII > I > VI > II

play them, they're good.

>the definitive version of DQIV is the mobile port
why does god hate us, Sup Forums

I wouldn't mind except it doesn't have controller support.

Oh I didn't play that far, I just formed by opinion based on 20 minutes of playtime.

I tend to agree. 6 does have high-tier parry chat.

Try to give another try, it's not the best but it is enjoyable

I can't because I need to play through them all in order to understand the references but I can't beat 2.

gematsu.com/2017/08/famitsu-review-scores-issue-1497

gematsu.com/2017/08/dragon-quest-ii-iii-3ds-first-screenshots-dragon-quest-ps4-gameplay

I just want to know if DQ10 actually has good story.

>3DS versions of Dragon Quest, Dragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line, and Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation.

So pretty much a given they're JAP-only? What a waste.

Doesn't matter since you'll never play it in the west.

Are you emulating it? Just fast forward to the max and grind or save scum the final bosses.

Oh god monstergirls aaaaaaaaa

>Famitsu

Remember that they gave Smash Bros. Brawl a 40 too.

it's the only dragon quest i've ever played

dq8 is the best in the series

Lost interest in dq9 after just a few hours.

What's a good game for a newcomer to start on?

VIII.

I really like the look of the original trilogy on 3DS but something feels off about the character models as if they're from a RPG-maker game. Apparently they adjusted some difficult parts too which is nice.

I was interested after seeing the art to this game and then the cover and its reputation, but then I saw the actual in-game graphics and just instantly lost all interest. Tales games are chibi enough for me, I just can't stand staring at chibi everything for hours on end. If I want an RPG there's plenty of other offerings that look a lot more pleasing to my senses.

>get over half way though the game by the way here's a evil magitech empire
I turned on cheats so I could finish the game

IV is the best in series

2D - V
3D - VIII

I should probably finally play 4 and 6 before 11 is out

4 > 7 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 6 > 1 > 3 > 2

4, 5, or 8

Post your fucking team !

>Warrior
>Thief
>Wizard
>Priest

Japanese fans claim its one of the best stories in the series. But you'll never know.

Bullshit you go on 2 fetch questlines then a evil empire shows up out of nowhere and you kill god

Why does everyone universally love VIII? I haven't played it yet and I'm trying to convince myself to play it over my other games.

Warrior
Martial artist
Mage
Thief

They're basically like any other media outlet now. Their scores represent the amount of hype and marketing a game gets, not related to quality. In comparison, past DQ games on all the way up to DQVIII never got a perfect score, even when games like Chrono Cross did. So clearly back then they weren't just going by hype. But they were still wrong.

Minstrel -> Ranger
Priest -> Sage
Mage -> Martial Artist -> Gladiator
Thief -> Starlet or whatever.

Should I play DQ8 on 3ds or ps2?

>no random encounters
It's the one that completly casualised the series. Sorry, but liking it the most makes you a poofter.

The characters seems uninteresting

Dragon Quest VIII and IX got the most marketing in the west. So they sold the most copies and have the most fans. But aside from that, Dragon Quest VIII also has some of the best graphics on the PS2 and people are obsessed with the voices. Nostalgia also helps.

All that said, it's still my favorite of the series (and favorite game overall).

A lot of long-term DQ fans fellate 3, but as someone who's been playing since the very first game I mostly agree with this. Move 7 between 8 and 9 and that's basically my exact list, in fact.

Been seeing a lot of DQIX threads lately. Wish the DS games weren't so expensive to grab these days.

Again, the fetch questlines lead up to the Empire. They didn't show up out of nowhere. They were vaguely hinted at when they said celestrians were mysteriously disappearing when they were sent down to earth to get the figs. They were also responsible for corrupting Corvus in the first place. Corvus isn't god by the way.

>Nintendo has a monopoly on the fucking mobile gaming market where DQ sells the most

Gee user I can't imagine why square would switch over!

3ds, bonus points if you find the rom with the orchestrated soundtrack and censored outfits restored. Someone modded it to do this.

>allegedly the best version of 4 is the iOS/Android port
JUST

I may be remembering this wrong but doesn't he kill Zeus and become a god and the empire is so vaguely hinted at it effectively come out of left field

I'm gonna buy either 7 or 8 on my 3DS tonight. i need a comfy rpg to play while i'm at work. which one is better. remember i'm looking for comfy

What do you think is the best ost? Personally this is my favorite
m.youtube.com/watch?v=SnfoDNg7kP8

III has the best OST.

youtube.com/watch?v=JBK7BZo2FQI

Which is better is debatable, but VII benefits heavily from the 3DS version purely because it cuts out like 20 hours of backtracking and shit. Visual downgrade for VIII on 3DS was too great in my opinion.

Maybe someday someone will hack the mobile port's script into the jap DS port so we actually get a complete game without cancer tier controls.

Aren't they just SNES sprites?

I would have enjoyed 7 more if not for the backtracking. There was still too much even after the 3ds remake.

I can't believe Dragon Quest has a live stageshow.

I just want to know how you make a play around a JRPG, and where I can watch it.

DQVIII is comfy since it allows you to play at your own pace. The characters and story are also more cozy and fun.

DQVII is more linear and story focused. And that story is anything but comfy.

Definitely not. The snes sprites are much better imo.

The best game isn't even a main series game

Dragon Quest also has a ballet and an opera. And multiple anime series. Including a new series just focused on shilling DQX.

but is dq8 3ds worth it with newly added stuff?

Kill isn't really the right word but yes Zeus did disappear from the rest of the game.
I wouldn't say that Corvus became a god, just a really powerful monster/demon that could rival a god.
But yeah it was vaguely hinted at.

The slightly rebalanced skills are nice, and Red and Morrie are amazing
Memory Lane boss rush is absolute horseshit and I love it
The extra dungeon is alright

>tfw stuck at the last mirror boss in Swords.
>can't beat Edahs 'Sohpix to this day.

Am- Am I too old for videogames now? Do I need to be put in a retirement home?