Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums
Let's have a rule of rose thread.
What are your thoughts on this game? Criminally underrated in my opinion.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_Rose#Controversy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

everlasting
true love
i am yours

criminally over FUCKING PRICED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Proof that fake controvery and misinfo can kill a game despite what "just ignore the SJWs" faggots say.

Wish this game had Haunting Ground's gameplay

What do you mean? Was there some sort of uproar about this game? I must have missed it.

Can you faggots not ruin a RoR thread, for fuck's sake?

Only game to legitimately scare the shit out of me. Granted I was probably 13ish when I played it, but horror hasn't ever bothered me with the exception of this game. Even just opening doors with the kids closing them shortly after spooked me. And I'd played resident evil by this point.
Something about kids man. I should read Lord of the Flies, I know it has a lot of similarities.

He's spewing shit. Some italian minister/higher up threw a shitfit because of the two girls kissing. That's it.

it's the kind of game that i wish would make it's way onto ps4 as a digital download so i don't have to pay fucking huge dollars to play it
i can't into emulation

BROWN

i thought it was banned because of the scene where the girl was buried alive?

BAN THIS SICK FILTH

I believe that was a dummied out FMV. Same with Clara's moaning.

I haven't played this one before, but I have a copy. What am I in for?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_Rose#Controversy

> three French deputies introduced a bill asking for the game to be banned for sale, arguing that the goal of the game was to "rape, beat up and kill a little girl"

The campaign against it wasn't as bad as people will make you believe it was, but there were people pushing to get the game banned before it even fucking released.

The part about the French deputies trying to ban the game actually was a thing before the game even fucking released. They saw the trailer alone and wanted to get the thing banned for bullshit reasons.

Could've been hated for so many other reasons. If this was the major conspiracy surrounding it I'm appalled. There was sexual abuse, underage sexual content, and controlling other people basically through manipulation, but god forbid two girls kiss.

Don't open it if you haven't. It's worth like $200-$300 factory sealed I think.

I saw an ad when I was really young that said something like "Ashes, ashes, we all fall down." and I thought the game was called Ashes.

Really bad marketing. Gave me nightmares.

I got it for 2 dollars at a garage sale

Yeah definitely bad marketing and not just because you were a retarded child.

Do you think men desperate for attention actually take the time to look into these things. Hell, he probably only saw the trailer since that contains part of the kissing FMV

Aw, look guys, it's learning how to shitpost.

Getting defensive quickly there, buddy.

Of course not. But let's try not to derail this into a GG thread cause I actually really liked this game. Psychological horror is the only thing that does it for me anymore

Let's keep this on topic, shall we?
What's your favourite/least favourite part about the game? Was the game scary to you? who is best girl?

>be young and stupid
>trade the game at gamestop for 12 dollars
>later find out it's selling for almost 200 dollars

At least I had enough sense to keep the instruction manual.

I was honestly hoping you were talking about how they were getting derailed into game controversy threads, controversial games have always interested the hell out of me

>calling me a niGGer

now you've done it
Poor Amanda, man. Diana a cute, though

The best part is when Jennifer slaps Wendy for killing her dog.

w...why do we do that?
Keep the instruction manual.
I do that too, but it used to be that it was to keep track of the games i had, but now its just... i dunno

I kept the instruction manual because I liked the little illustrations of the little bum looking monsters. Plus instruction manuals back then were worth keeping. Kind of like a souvenir.

>but now its just... i dunno
>now
I wish games now still had instruction manuals...

>Favorite:
Finding out the back story cryptically, it's been a while but I think it was the second last chapter.
>Least Favorite:
Having to hear "BROWN!" for hours on end
Game horrified me because I was playing and extremely on edge, and my cat decided to literally dive bomb me half way through the second chapter. I did a girly scream and she clawed the fuck out of me. I think it was honestly the most scared of been in my life, atleast in a single moment.
>Best girl:
The bitch who ran the thing when they first got on the airship. Would fug. Diana maybe? I dunno, been so long since I played it. She was awful to main girl. Only character name I remember is Brown for obvious reasons. or maybe it's pic related

Controversy threads these days always turn into Sup Forums threads and anti SJW stuff. I'd love to talk about game controversies but it really just can't happen anymore. I have strong political opinions but I keep them out of Sup Forums, shame others can't.

>Only one hard boss in the game
>It's the first one

why

Dude just go to another chan. I'm not telling you to fuck off, but rather that is currently an awful place to talk about video games and it's only going to get worse. I've thought about switching to 420chan, but I always end up back at this shithole. Get out of here before you become the same way.

Shoot Stray Dog or Give him Redemption? Which did you choose?

Seems a lot of threads turn into Sup Forums threads and anti-SJW stuff now. I wish they could fuck off and quit trying to inject their bullshit into everything harder than furries fucking do.

He killed my yuri-fu. Shoot that fuck.

Wendy being touched in the head ruined your yuri-fu.

Appreciate the suggestion, but I've been here since around 2006. There's no sense in switching at this point. I'll go down with my ship.
Too bad my comrades going down with me are a bunch of SJW haters who would rather talk about how women ruin gaming in every thread, instead of talking about games. I personally am not a fan either but it has no place in video game discussion these days, or ever really. Games are not a political subject at their core.
To keep it RoR, What was the must fucked up storyline? The bullying felt pretty traumatic for some of the girls. And I don't blame them.

I could have bought this for 30 bucks back in 2007 but I was broke at the time. Fucking kill me.

Shoulda bought like 50 and kept them in a secret box for 15 years, you'd be rolling in it.

It was nearly banned in France because some fuck said the goal of the game was to molest kids or some shit. Completely ridiculous.

>Can't love lesbian the way she loves you
>So she kills your dog and "trains" a mentally ill man to murder fucking everyone

k

No. As in he blew their fucking heads off or literally tore them apart with his bare hands

I was a poor high school kid and when I came back the next day it was fucking sold.

At least I have Panzer Dragoon Saga, that's something.

The games i bought still do.

well... sort of.
Splatoon 2 had it, mario kart 8 didnt.
Yakuza 0, persona 5 had it too.
Can't say much for PC cause it's all on steam for me

That's what you get for surviving that blimp crash, bitch.

>Not preordering a game published by fucking Atlus and still expecting it to even show up in your nearby store

ahahaha

I don't blame you user, I once traded in one of my favorites to gamestop cause some friends wanted to go out that night and I had no money. Miss you gravity rush 2 atleast I got 100%
Sorry man, of all games I'm surprised that would be the one to disappear after a day. I wish more people could've experienced the atmosphere of this game.

Haunting Ground is the superior dog game here

I'm I think a control-v glitch might've accidentally gave you a you. Sorry mate, but I'll let you keep it.

Rule of Rose has the superior story.

>Overpriced
Wait, when did emulation cost?

>rule of rose thread that hasn't been shit up by SH2fags

holy shit what's going on

>game gets remade but has all of it raunchy and suggestive backstory cut out
>scenarios with the other characters are added but some are locked behind dlc
I'm sure there'd be a shit ton of cosmetic dlc outfits too, like an option to turn every character into a persona character stand in.

What a fucking monkey paw that would be. I wouldn't think its worth it, the game gives a shit ton on its own.

>rule of rose thread
huh

This will never ever happen though, this being remastered would be wasted money. Like 2000 people would buy it if they actually remastered it. if they can port it to psn easily then sure do it, but I don't think you have any risk of elements being changed like that, they wouldn't waste the time. Companies listen to numbers not people and RoR sold like shit.

>port it to psn
It won't happen. The company went under and the game is in limbo.

I love getting into cult games like this. But this is ultimately the truth I'm forced to face. Shit cant believe Schafer is still in business considering how few games he's sold, and I bought 3 of them.

>tfw none of the bad things would have happened if Jennifer had just gotten rid of that disgusting filthy dog

>t. wendy

Fuck off, Wendy.
Nobody loves you.
And your secret club sucks.

So was the bag being beaten at the start supposed to be Brown? I can only assume, but considering this game uses the "It was all a dream" cliche essentially that part has always bothered me.

bucket knight was my nigga

>it was all a dream
More like all a shattered psyche. It's not like she wakes up from a dream. She had to face her fears.

Thats really what I mean. But was it the dog?

Most likely, since that same bag was featured in the slapping scene

I stole this game from a friend and sold it online because he's a piece of shit who constantly low-key tries to fuck me over. I played it before I sold it and it was fucking shit, overpriced garbage. If you want to spend 100+ USD on a PS2 horror game make it Haunting Ground, not this trash.

While I'm here, you seem to know a bit about the game. What are the difference between the endings? Like I just killed him and that's the bad ending it seems?

>literal nigger ruins the thread

huh

Lol my wife bought it for me without knowing what it was for $15

Your wife deserves the best sex for such a thing. I hope you're doing your work, user.

Which version was the super highly priced one, NTSC or PAL?
Cause I clearly remember one of the 2 simply being valued as top price ps2 tier game($60) regardless of being old

I have no idea. It's been forever and I've had trouble finding a working ISO

Both are pricey but the PAL one is worth the most

the one on emuparadise works fine

someone post webms