Fuck this game, man

Fuck this game, man.

>felt all warm and fuzzy inside after building that slide
>then this happens

Robots gain sentience and commit suicide!?!? Dude, that is fucking DEEP!!!

Or the sidequest in route B where Pascal refuses the nuclear information and he asks you if his people would resent him if he didn't take up arms and the village got destroyed.

Some nice foreshadowing

I didnt think the game would fucl everything so soon so I didnt finish the quest in time. I felt heavy compmet8ng the quest knlwing what happens to them next.

welcome to sad robot game

I gave zero shits about the robots all the way to the end.
I went into the game expecting w hopeless, endless war, and it turns out most of the machines you encounter in the game are either friendly or docile, and pathetically weak to boot.

What was the point of these two fags anyways? Don't tell me they were only there to appeal to fujos.
They come off as a huge, game-changing threat in the war, but in the end they wind up doing fuck-all before dying. Then it turns out they didn't even die when they were killed thanks to Network bullshit.

pascal did say that machines who don't keep their promise turn evil like those cannibal robots. pascal didn't not keep his promise of being a pacifist, so they killed themselves because they were scared of him. pascal wanted to be human so much, so i didn't erase his memories. humans have to live with theirs after all

>find village
>oh boy I wonder what's going to happen to this happy singing peaceful settlement

wow what a surprise

Having a pretty bitchin boss theme song.

Don't get me started. What a by the numbers story.

I got a pretty good jolly out of leaving Pascal with his memory intact tbqh. Much more satisfying than killing him.

utterly useless

I guess I can kinda see how they reinforce the "look at how few differences there are between robot and man" theme but literally every sidequest and side robot character achieved this better

how come the androids don't see themselves as similar to the alien machines at all?

is it yorha brainwashing?

I had a solid kek at his inventory after wiping his memory. Completely nonsensical.

I never stopped thinking of them as enemies no matter how much the game tried to make me like them. Their attempts at imitating humanity was more irritating than endearing.

Let's get this shit started.

>The Music>The Sidequests and side characters>>>>>>android ass>>>>>>that last bullet hell segment wew lad I>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the piss poor platinum gameplay>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the main "story"

I think the story makes it pretty clear the diffrence is pretty much just emotional. They built androids using machine parts and that somehow makes ok to kill them. The only big diffrence really is one is a hivemind and the other isnt.

Pretty much this. I was so disappointed when it turned out you can't wipe out Pascal's village. Serious oversight there.

Don't play the first NieR then, it will tear you apart.

Social engineering.

I mean it exist even in organic beings, it would be even easier for man made life forms that can be programmed and altered via lines of code.

Weak bait. Let me show you how.

NieR > NieR: A Tomato

The music > the side characters > the android ass > the sidequests, the phone-in Platinum gameplay > the story and the main characters

Epic Total Biscuit reference

Pascal was legitimately the only enjoyable character in Automata

No joke: I actually had much higher expectations for the gameplay from the same company that gave us MGR.

You're kind of hurting yourself there because gameplay-wise, MGR is pretty weak as well. MGR just had great bosses and music that made those great bosses even better.

The balls' theme was better.

thats where your wrong rotundo they clearly evident said thisgame is a nier game first and formoest not a PlatinumGames games

they foreshadow pretty much every major plot point from route C

I suppose you're right, now that I think about it. I guess I just liked the parrying a lot, but then again the dodging in Nier is basically the same thing.

mgr parrying is in the game

NieR managed to have more CUHRAZY moments than Automata with its bosses, though. The most wild I think Automata ever got was 2B jumping out of her damaged flight machine to fall and stab the first goliath in the eye.

I'm with you I went in expecting full bayo combat but it feels so halfassed

I really think platinum's titles are just hit or miss now, I can't give them full support anymore after some of these releases

Unga?

I'm kinda baffled that they didn't keep Nier's finishers on bosses for Automata, considering Platinum and all.

If that's one thing that baffles me about Automata is how shit the bosses were compared to NieR. Simone even tried the Route B shit from NieR but right away, it kind of ruined the impact for me. Then you realize they blew all their budget on her and the rest of the bosses are total shit.

I'll admit the last fight with that big roboto where it constantly shifts between ikaruga jet combat and A2s melee fight was a pretty good Platinum event

Automata does have Bayo combat, that's my problem with it. Instead of doing something unique like Kamiya did with TW101, they just re-purposed Bayonetta's combat for the 10th time.

I mean most platinum games have a variation of dmc/bayo controls but Nier doesn't have anywhere near the depth

there's like 2 animations per weapon type

not even per individual weapon

entire weapon types use the same motions so the player is stuck seeing the same shit from the second they start the game to the end

I watched videos of the game since I wasn't able to buy it when it was on sale and was pretty impressed with Nier smashing giant iguanas into spikes, punching the shit out of vine-titans with giant magic arms and stabbing skeleton science abominations in the head with magic bullets.

You came in with completely wrong expectations, so that's kind of your fault.