What went wrong?

what went wrong?

identity politics

It's too good for this shitty world.

It's a shit attempt to convert Overwatch players into arena FPS player, but done in a way that it just alienates both groups simultaneously.

>too much of an arena shooter for Overwatch players (i.e. actually requires any level of mechanical skill at all)
>too much cancerous shit like Ults, cartoon guns and retarded clutter everywhere for actual afps players

It's like Dawn of War 3. It manages to somehow piss off every single subgroup at the same time and appeal to no one in the end

Cliff cuck.

Cliffy B made it

Little to no marketing.

>Multiple betas with no balance
>#SkilledAF
>Dubstep
>No marketing
>Nexon

Mediocre game with zero content that requires you to actually buy in.

Will another shooter ever come out that doesn't have moba cooldown abilities? Or is that era over forever?

This pretty much. They should of just focused on the arena part; being a jack of all trades usually doesn't really mean give good results.

cs go is still a thing

>Game is shit but it's kinda playable like a random f2p game
>30 fucking dollars if you want to play

it can't be real

they made a game that not even a single person wanted or asked for
whoopty doo

And this is like the fifth or six one of these to come out in the last year

I like the gameplay a lot but there's also a lot wrong with design starting with ults that can get you pretty much guaranteed kills all the way to the game modes which are mostly overlapping in terms of objectives or gameplay. There's also something wrong with aesthetics. The UI is fucking awful. The maps look great, albeit incredibly static, but the characters are animated sloppily and do not match the setting at all.
The real issue in the end is that it didn't do anyting fresh that other games haven't done. If you push into a market with zero new features and dozens lacking to match the competition - before even looking at content itself - then it's unlikely anyone will care.

>Make a F2P game
>Charge $30 for it

IT's good but no consumer awareness and even less about how the game plays and what it is

Nobody knew about it and the people that might be interested haven't given it a chance.
Also has really low content.

>what went wrong?
The better question is, did anything go right at all?
I can't speak for anybody but myself so
>unappealing character designs
>i don't understand the world
>there is no pull to the game, no "epic" moment
>no advertising the game's strong points(are there any?)
>nothing that sets it apart from other generic FPS games
>bland looking maps

My guess is that it didn't have enough of what is needed to gain the attention of normies like overwatch does, with it's colorfulness and cartoony atmosphere while missing the hardcore counter strike boat because it strays too far from strategic firefights while also alienating the modern warfare console crowd with it's vericality aspects. It didn't chose one path and instead tried to appeal to everybody but didn't go far enough in any direction.

too many niggers

He literally looks like one of those shitty generic npcs from gears of war now. Look at that mongoloid forehead, time has been very cruel.

Again?
NO MARKETING

Holy shit, that interface is fucking HIDEOUS.

>that webm
God, what the fuck?

Game sucks.
Simple as that.

Also fuck CliffyB.

That shit is super busy, right? I thought it was just me. I can't tell what the fuck is going on at all.

What went wrong is that people don't like good games anymore.

Really the gameplay I like, it's what Overwatch should've been.

But I just refunded it because the way the rounds/matchmaking work, you just get leavers which cripple your chances at having a fair fight. Simple fix, you'd think, but it's one of many small issues with the game that really shouldn't be there on launch. There's performance issues, and the amount of content just seems very sparse. And you just know the motherfuckers won't magically fix all this somehow because that's the way you leech money off suckers these days.

I guess if you identify as a gun and hands, other than that it's just a FPS and anyone who allows a developers personal views on twitter effect how they enjoy a game has weapons grade autism.

>lawbreakers
>good game
Okay CliffyB