Friends all having a fun time playing Splatoon 2

>friends all having a fun time playing Splatoon 2
>decide I'd like to join in
>spend 60 fucking dollars on this turd
>can't even play online for 30 seconds without being disconnected.
>search for solutions online
>spend the next hour fucking with router settings when every other game on the fucking planet works just fine on my connection
>get disconnected even faster now
>keep loading up the game and starting matches to see if I fixed it
>have to listen to pearl and marina fucking babble on about what maps you can play every fucking time I start the game back up
>Its like nintendo is personally coming over and rubbing salt in my wounds every fucking time
>eventually just get banned from online play because nintendo can't make their fucking game work properly
>take the game out and put it back in it's case never to be played again
>whine on the internet about how much of a shitshow Splatoon 2 is and how I'm out $60 now.

God damn, I never would have guessed Nintendo would be the company to make a game I regret buying more than kane and lynch 2.

I'm too disappointed to play other games right now, I'm just going to get black out drunk and fall asleep. A big fuck you to anyone who reminds me this game exists in the future.

Other urls found in this thread:

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14838/~/splatoon:-a-communication-error-has-occurred.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

t. poor fag with no 5 ghz

Kek, works fine using my phone as a hotspot.

My router has a 5ghz band and that still didn't work
I tried that too, but not even that worked.

Have you updated your Switch or the game itself? This is important to do

This happened to me but it turns out I was just too far from the router lol

Yeah, Did that before I even launched it.
I tried putting it like 3 feet from the router but nothing changed.

Get a fucking ethernet adapter and plug the switch into the router, dead serious

The switch has issues connecting to wireless no matter how close it is, this fixes everything

Buy a generic Ethernet adapter and plug in the console. How people play online games over WiFi baffles me.

What's the error message you get, is it that host disconnected or timeout etc?

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14838/~/splatoon:-a-communication-error-has-occurred.

>mfw every poster complaining about disconnects just has bad internet

I don't want to spend more money trying to play this game especially when the people I saw trying this online said it didn't fix their problem.
"A Communication Error Has Occurred." really helpful.
30Mbps up, 15Mbps isn't great but it's good enough for literally every other game on the planet.

*30 down, 15 up
got those mixed around.

Using a 5ghz and never had a disconnection.

Have you tried port forwarding or set a DNS?
Also check your NAT connection type.

the original has this problem too. think they would have figured it out by now huh.

>the people I saw trying this online said it didn't fix their problem

We're people trying it online saying it did fix our problem, idiot

I set a DNS but don't know what I could do with port forwarding to fix this.

fine, fine. I'll grab one tomorrow when stuff is actually open. I just don't want to get deeper in the hole.

It's like 15 bucks for a generic one on amazon. Just make sure you get an adapter that specifically says it works with the switch.

Done.
I hope you're right about this, and if you are, thank you.

Your internet connection just sucks ass dude.
I get a couple of disconnects like every 3 days or so but doesn't seem to be as frequent as yours.

now make sure you have an ethernet cable HEE HEE HOO HOO

you'll still probably disconnect sometimes because the game likes to disconnect people, but it should be pretty infrequent

How far is your Switch from your router? I've heard the Switch just has bad range. Mine is right next to my router and I've never had any trouble even without an ethernet cable.

Nevermind, saw someone else already asked this.

>Be me
>Be at friends house
>Set up my switch on his living room TV
>Play Splatoon 2 for hours with 0 connection issues on his crappy wifi

>Be friend
>Can't even get signal on his phone or shitty laptop
>Has to run an Ethernet cable from his room, down the hall, onto a small desk in the corner of the living room

"Nintendo is shit guys! It's all their fault!"

>amazon review is about shipping from 3rd party not the product itself