Are these the best pokemon games?

are these the best pokemon games?

No, BW2 exist.

Close but no Cigar

No.

Yes. /thread

Those are in the bottom 3.

Yes.

we have this thread once every week. stop it.

>no physical special split

No

Emerald is good but this alone makes HGSS and Platnium better

FPBP

HGSS are very good, and are almost definitely some of the top tier pokemon games. But BW2 are the pinnacle of the series.

Also Platinum is arguably better than HGSS.

Step aside, shitters

One look at ebay price listings should tell you enough

>tfw have a copy of HG and SS and the Pokewalkers and the figures from launch
Seriously don't get why they're so fucking expensive though, its like 50 bucks just for a cart.

The lack of phys/special split is irrelevant in a regular playthrough of Emerald majority of the time. I dont get why people would rather suffer gen 4s silky smooth sub 30 fps when most of the important attacks like Earthquake, Flamethrower and Surf are already in their post-split category.

I regret only getting SS while they were still on the shelves. I should have gotten HG before it disappeared into the aether.

Trying to use any Dark type in Emerald is suffering. Also, Shadow Ball being physical, what the shit.

I heard they produced fewer copies than usual because PokeWalker bumped up the production cost by a significant margin.

Either way I'm glad I was able to get them for 39€ back when they were brand new.

my fav
has all my nostalgia, comfy as fuck
fantastic games, very very fun
a bit sluggish but very fun game

Apart from Mightyena, which is a shitmon, and Absol, which can run a STAB-less Swords Dance set just fine, what Pokemon suffer from this change exactly? Sharpedo, Crawduant and Cacturne all have decent special attacks to make use of the special Dark STAB.

as a platinumfag myself the first gym's in both games have equal strategy type shit, Cranidos is a tough guy that can catch you off guard and the pidgey + sand-attack into a roosting pidgeotto can fuck you up if you don't know what you're doing.
last gym in DP has taught foes but they are all earthquake bait, battle against clair is tough because enemies like kingdra don't have weaknesses to moves the player likely has so his moves like smokescreen and hydro pump are quite punishing

The end-game of Platinum is the best in the series, I clocked in probably 500+ hours and completed my National dex and still enjoyed the shit out of it.

Also it feel like it was the last gen of "real" pokemon that made you glad you ported them of earlier games to get all of them in one game.

Oh and competitive battling actually felt legitimate for the first time in 4th gen with the physical/special split and other changes, Garchomp notwithstanding.
although X/Y has an even more polished meta if you ignore Mega forms.

Crawdaunt has SHIT special attack and the other two aren't much better.

It doesn't help that you have to grind on wild level 15-20 pokemon before Claire.

Liked platinum more

That's not Sun and Moon.

Wut, 90 special attack is far from shit, especially on a mixed attacker. Just because the last gens power creeped the fuck out of everything doesn't mean it's not usable in its own gen.

Does anyone know of any location/gps spoof apps on android? Been trying for hours to research an easier way to play pkm GO due to rural area i live in makes it basically impossible to level up and all accessable GPS spoofers dont work due to security on android. Something with a joystick would be nice if anyone knows of anything.

If only there was a board dedicated to Pokémon videogames.

If only there was a board dedicated to video games.

>reeeee don't talk about video games on Sup Forums: the post

They were the last good Pokemon games.

>But BW2 are the pinnacle of the series.
If by pinnacle you mean pinnacle of shit, yes.

Fuck no. They're way too laggy and slow, sadly. The Nintendo DS was the wrong system to release them on. The games itself are in theory amazing (gen 2 was my favorite), but the technical shit makes them unbearable. They're OK on emulator but fuck that shit, I want to play comfy in bed.

>We'll never get a Pokemon with a fuckload of options again because Pokemon Company's new strategy seems to be drip feeding so you'll want more

If you don't like BW2 you have bad taste, sorry

If you like BW2 you have bad taste, sorry.

It's a good strategy business wise, I mean look at S/M's ridiculous sales. I think they realized releasing another Platinum or HGSS would set the bar too high for them with the next games, so they're content with putting in bare minimum effort now.

>being bad enough to have to grind in any of the pokemon games

never once had to do this, if you fight all the trainers on your way to a given location you will be high enough level

The only good games were Red and Blue.

Thread should have ended here.

Yeah except the level curve is incredibly fucked up in HGSS, so if you caught anything past the 3rd gym good fucking luck having it be at decent levels for Claire. Its not a matter of difficulty, its a matter of Kingdra only being weak to dragon attacks which you won't have at that point.

Why is Dawn still the sexiest?

I always hated Dawn's outfit.

>hey we're going to redesign the characters for Platinum to show how its a colder region
>but...uh, yeah, just leave her legs uncovered

You're just jealous your waifu is less attractive.

Dawn a shit.

I didn't post my waifu until just now

step a side shitters

If you play it with Drayano's romhack, absolutely

If we're only talking about the base game, platinum and black2/white2 are better

Not only is she less attractive, she can't even do her job as a gym leader properly.

No woman in Johto can, I don't blame her. I blame the sexist region.

If you want an adventure, it's Crystal. If you want battles, it's Emerald, Platinum, or BW2 with Challenge Mode on. If you want a good multiplayer experience, it's ORAS. If you want the most stuff period regardless of whether it's fluff, it's HGSS. If you want something "different", you want BW1 or SM.

>Running crawdaunt as a mixed attacker
>"""Attacker""" with 90 in it's attacking stat

Final gym leader of HGSS is Blue though, why do you guys never take Kanto into consideration when talking about low levels?

Because Kanto was a barren shit hole and people only like it in gsc/hgss because of nostalgia

I had a dream last night that HG and SS were put on the eShop for $10. So bizarre, like I can't even remember the last time I thought about those games.

Amazing games. Better than HGSS for sure, but still worse than Platinum and Emerald.

>running
You can beat the game without evolving any of your pokemons user, remember it

No. That'd be this here.

Nothing will ever top this.

B2W2 is better in literally every way.

No, they become way too boring somewhere between the fourth and fifth gym due to a lack of proper level scaling.

>no physical special split

Wait what, I haven't played these in ages. Don't they have special defense and special attack stats?

In what ways is Crystal better than HG/SS?

In no ways whatsoever. People who prefer Crystal to HGSS, RBGY to FRLG, RS to ORAS (not Emerald though, Emerald is way better than ORAS), or even just BW to B2W2 are just nostalgiashitters.

Blue is post-game as is everything from Kanto.
We're comparing main game here.

Not at all. They removed the region lock, dumbed down the story, and had worse designs across the boards.

>3 dragonites

what an asshole

>Ice Beam: the battle

this. i know they wanted to stay true to the game but its things like this remakes should change.

Emerald > Crystal > FRLG > Platinum > SM > HGSS > ORAS > BW 1+2 > XY

Pokemon after gen 2 is retarded because fucking nobody should have to keep track of that many Pokemon to be strategically capable

Damn, I love how varied Cynthia is.

>use Thunderbolt on Milotic
>Milotic used Mirror Coat
>JUST

What hg/ss romhacks are good? If I've never played Pokemon past gen 2 in 2000, which games should I play?

I loved the sacred gold and storm silver rom hacks, they're really good

Can you give me a quick rundown on them?

The most aesthetically tight game for sure

Gen2 sprite art is far better than anything that came after. The following gens are eyesores.

lol what?
RSE look like shit compared to FRLG

right one is over designed

They're not much different from the vanilla HG/SS, but they add lots of wild pokemon to areas, so that you can really catch them all in the game.

I always loved legendary hunting, and this game is full of legendaries. Sadly, there's not a puzzle or something before you can capture them, they just stand in a place, but it's still really fun to find them.

It adds some cool extra story bits, which I found fun to play through aswell.

Some information on the final goal of the rom hack, very minor and light spoilers:
spoiler When you captured all 600 or something pokemon (I know, it sound stupid, but it's actually a lot of fun to catch em all) you can complete the game by capturing Arceus /spoiler

FRLG are very sterile and neutral, which make sense for Kanto but not for Hoenn.

is i retarded becuz i can not put the black text for spoiler

lol nerd

>is i retarded

im so sorry user.

The OFFICIAL Pokemon rankings:

D/P/PT = HG/SS > G/S/C > FR/LG > B/W = B2/W2 > Emerald > R/S > R/G/B/Y >>>>>>> X/Y >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OR/AS >>>>>> A piece of shit >>>> S/M

I'm not interested in 500+ fucking Pokemon, I just want the 250. Honestly having gen 3+ Pokemon in the game almost ruins it for me

No, it's a fact that RSE spritework is mediocre and FRLG is a clear step up.

Just compare similar environments and you'll realize.

I can't possibly imagine how a person could be autistic enough to think that the difference between those two areas is so drastic that one could be conceivably argued to be objectively better than the other

It's not a fact at all. RSE look better to me and a lot of people. FRLG is generic, technically good but without as much charm. Hence Emerald keeps a tighter aesthetic (which includes music)

you dont have to catch them but with that many pokemon out there, you can easiliy build a Dream team.

also, all gym leaders uses 6 pokemon in battle. good luck.

I didn't want to be rude and call him autistic but I'm glad someone else agrees.

The environments match the design philsophy of the region. Kanto is more about the advanced science and cities while Hoenn is supposed to be more natural. This extends to the Pokemon in the regions as well.

gen 1 and gen 2 are ugly as fuck games.
I don't know how anyone can seriously replay them these days.

The GBA games have aged so much better because they're 60fps, fast-placed and have colorful and pleasant spritework. They're still solid titles to play today.

I think you're just a massive nostalgiafag.

>Someone at Gamefreak gave the "okay" to these designs

That roided up fly thing looks cool.

Gen 2 plays a lot better and has a better aesthetic than Sun and Moon.

How would user design an otherworldy ultra beast?

Gen 2 is too slow.
Smog takes four and a half weeks to finish and then you have surf and all of those awkward pauses inbetween attacks.
The game was so poorly made.

Some definetely suck, but Necrozma or smth looks cool

black2white2 is the series peak
HGSS are the best remake