So I just finished this game...

So I just finished this game. I'm not going to ask about the so-called 3rd chapter because I imagine it's already being discussed a million times before.

I watched some of the deleted cutscenes afterwards, the ones that take place on an island. Is is possible that Konami will continue Venom's story and complete chapter 2&3 through another game or has this ship sailed? Is there enough content for another game?

Even if they ignore Venom's attempt to recapture Eli, shouldn't there be another "chapter" to connect him and BB up to the events of the original MG? It seems strange to me that we got MG Survive instead of something like that.

Who cares? MGS died with 4.

>Is is possible that Konami will continue Venom's story and complete chapter 2&3 through another game or has this ship sailed?

nope and yup.

Really? I thought V bridges the old events with the new ones.

Why miss the opportunity, though? If people were willing to buy super-short GZ why not make another short game with ~10 missions from chapter 3? It seems like a lost opportunity to complete the saga.

No, because it was always supposed to be a separate mission from the game, released after the main game. Why?

1)Actual confirmation from the devs. They said that even when it was still being worked on, Kingdom of the Flies was not going to be in the main game at launch

2)In all soundtracks, artbooks and guides, GZ, TPP and KotF are separate entities.

It's also not exactly important either. It just adresses what happened to Sally and Eli/Mantis. There's no further character development in it. It's not the ending to the game (Episode 46 is, like it or not), and according to datamining, it takes place before Mission 43.

And to answer about Chapter 3, it doesn't exist. It's just something that appears after disarmament is reached.

Many Kojipro devs left, and because the production pipeline was broken, restoring it just to complete one cut mission would cost a fortune. Unless they're willing to add a huge amount of content, they won't spend the money to restore the production to what it used to be, and even then you could wonder if it's worth it.

So no, it's dead and it won't happen. Just enjoy the phantom pain you got like everyone else.

>Actual confirmation from the devs.
I'd love to see a sauce on that.

>It's also not exactly important either. It just adresses what happened to Sally and Eli/Mantis. There's no further character development in it.
Mission 46 is "one" of the things cut. We don't have a complete list of everything that was cut.

>source
The ex community mannager's twitter and live streams.
>one of the things cut
I think you mean Kingdom of the Flies, but really, no. There's pretty much nothing left to do. V follows Peace Walker closely, so the main part of the story ends after the death of the villain, with a shorter additional chapter afterwards that deal with the remaining things.

I see.

I enjoyed PP thoroughly, no doubt about that, but the lack of closure, especially on Eli's part, is disappointing.

My only real complaint is how quickly quality drops after chapter 1. Repeating missions on "hard" is such a huge let-down.

Maybe Kojima should have ended it at Chapter 1 instead of trying to push for more.

>especially on Eli's part

thing is, this shit ends in a cliffhanger even after mission 51.

>how quickly quality drops after chapter 1
Who knows whose idea was the even continue the game after chapter 1, It was a nice little revenge story up until that point.

Repeating missions are optional, not part of the chapter. And again, it follows Peace Walker's formula very closely, with the game ending after the villain dies, with an additional chapter that fleshes more things out.

>cliffhanger
Are you retarded?

>Are you retarded?
are you? shithead

it was very much a cliffhanger, nitwit.

It wasn't a cliffhanger though, retard.

it was, cocksucker.

>Metal Gear SOLID 3
>Solid Snake is not in the game at all

Why was this allowed?

We really don't know how much was cut, it's all speculation, still there's a lot that was planned and didn't make it:
>parasite tube gone missing
>Skullface boss fight
>Skullface tapes that were turned into his car ride monologue
>Battle Gear
>Kaz's blindness and possible betrayal, and warning by Code Talker
>Boss AI hinted at becoming Patriot AI
>Chico

It's not just "the remaining things", it's more than half the fucking story.

Because Metal Gear Naked would turn up some very weird results.

Because it was a solid game unlike the previous iterations.

>Who knows whose idea was the even continue the game after chapter 1, It was a nice little revenge story up until that point.

Agreed! Trailers are all about how the crew takes their revenge against Skullface. I thought the game would end after the chapter 1's final cutscene.

Then chapter 2 comes up and it has no specific villain or goal or theme. Only repeating missions with a few plot-advancing ones here and there.

Because Solid Snake is playing a VR mission about Big Boss, that's why he salutes The Boss grave in MGS4 and that's why Colonel AI says those time paradox lines in the game over screens.

>Parasite tube gone missing
Unleashed on island, destroyed by Snake in KotF
>Skullface boss fight
Never existed, Kojima even commented on it
>tapes being turnes into monologue
Fan made bullshit
>Kaz being blind
He's been like that since the beginning of the game. He can partially see, but the torture was really bad.
>betrayal
The opposite, Code Talker's warning was that Miller found out about Big Boss' plan.

>Battle Gear
Not story related, commented on in the Art Book.

>Boss AI hinted at becoming Pariot AI
Lmfao, did you even listen to the tapes?

>Chico
Concept art, idiot. All games have it.

>half the fucking story
Sure, if you're a braindead idiot.

>Then chapter 2 comes up and it has no specific villain or goal or theme

Maybe it simply has so much, it's confusing people.

>more interrogations
>Quiet's storyline
>Parasite outbreak
>Huey gets kicked out
>Final reveal

The replayed missions are pointless, but that aside, chapter 2 is quite solid on the story front, albeit devoid of a single directing path.

The only thing that really bothered me was when Venom was supposed to contract-kill all those kids in the mine and only an AUDIO recording of this was somehow sufficient proof for the client.

That was so dumb.

Not to mention that Chapter 2 had the emotional moments of the game, like Shining Lights, Paz and a Quiet Exit.

I can't wait for death stranding to be just as unfinished

Chapter 3 will never happen. Mission 52 will never happen.

It would require konami to use more time and money to develop mgsv and I assume they think MGSV is no longer profitable, that any extra investment will offer no real worthy income.

In the end the client just wanted the niglets shenanigans to stop.

SWIMSUITS

>Unleashed on island, destroyed by Snake in KotF
That's the second tube, stolen by Mantis. There's a third one, which some assume is used by Quiet, but still unaccounted for. Or maybe Skullface only had a 3-tube-holding thing for his 2 tubes, but I doubt that.

>Never existed, Kojima even commented on it
Sauce on that then, because game files have all the sounds.

>Fan made bullshit
Listen to the raw game files, the atmosphere and voice reverb indicate a small sized room, consistant with other tapes, and unlike every dialogue spoken outside, devoid of that reverb. It's also widely inconsistent over the entire discourse, a variation of quality that's seen nowhere else. And that's valid for the English AND Japanese versions.

>He's been like that since the beginning of the game. He can partially see, but the torture was really bad.
Now that's fan made bullshit. Truth is we don't know, this point is never cleared up, and Code Talker's warning is quite spot on.

>The opposite, Code Talker's warning was that Miller found out about Big Boss' plan.
And...? That stops there? That cutscene is complete and ends nicely?

>Not story related, commented on in the Art Book.
That's cut content regardless.

>Lmfao, did you even listen to the tapes?
Yes. Do you have more speculation?

>Concept art, idiot. All games have it.
We don't know.

>Sure, if you're a braindead idiot.
Or if you have excuses for everything, see things that don't exist, and can't see the things hitting you in the face.

Best addition to the game

It does advance the story but it never gets it's own primary goal. Chapter 1 was "Defeat the guy who put you in a coma and rebuild Mother Base". Chapter 2 is (probably) "Let's get real big to fight Cipher", which is too vague.

Why not reuse assets from PP? They did that with Survive.

To me chapter 2 is a collection of epilogues of the protagonists.

Chapter 52 would require more development, finishing the rest of the beach/forest area, finish the incomplete cutscenes and finishing the full scale boss fight that, from the concepts, is probably a gigantic, incredibly elaborated full scale war boss fight.

Granted, they could reuse a lot of assets. Fill the forest with child soldier patrolling the map, maybe some cypher soldier here and there.
But this is konami. I honestly think they no longer want to invest money on a 2 year old game.

They probably think MGSV fans aren't interesting in campaign.
I don't think MGO3 dlc sold that well either and since konami is retarded and they have a simplistic vision of how gaming works now, they see dlc for online and campaign as the same thing and the same market.

If mostly didn't support the online dlc, why would they support campaign dlc? This is how I see konami's way of thinking

you're gonna extract HIM?

MGO3 failed because of the massive lag, not because people aren't interested in the game per se.

CP I just saw a box moving!

Man, I really need a compilation of all the female CP reports. Makes me dick wet.

I just barely started myself. I've been having trouble getting myself to play it, knowing the twist and how minimal the story is. I also wanted to finish GZ first but I really didn't like the mission so I got to the point or rescuing Chico and the PoWs but kept stopping after that.

TPP is much better at introducing you to the new gameplay style so far. I just watched the GZ cutscenes online and downloaded a complete save file for the bonuses.

you should still play it, the gameplay is great

character movement is more responsive in TPP compared to GZ to the point that GZ became unplayable to me.

how do I win PF battles.

the story is bad but that mission is great.

just like the rest of the game, really

use scumbag tactics and gear

i hate them. they remind me that the game was supposed to have water-based areas

>ywn MANAGE TO AVOID DROWNING in MGSV.

Get a bigger number dick than everyone else, capping resources works nicely for that, unless you're also retarded like the other response and meant fob invasions.

Chapter 3 was never supposed to be finished. Kojima put it in the game and told everyone it was "cut content" to reinforce the mega deep "Phantom Pain" that he wanted to induce on the players.
Why the fuck do you think it's so readily available to any retard? You don't even need to mess around with saves or the game's files to access it, like you have to do for 100% of every game's ACTUAL cut content ever.