>Gearbox publishing We happy few

HAHAHAHA

>Game not included

>game not included
Why did this make me laugh so hard?

What a fucking waste of a game, you look at the trailers and the artstyle and oh man it looks like it might b-

Survival crafting.

Fuck this game

>*Game not included

>The retail release will cost $59.99
>Published by Gearbox

>We happy few
That's some battleborn meta right there

>collector set for a piece of media
>does not include said piece media
Dafuq is this meme?

>Actual product may vary due to product enhancement
What did they mean by this?

>Gearbox
>We happy few
>Collector's Set
>All that useless plastic horseshit
>GAME NOT INCLUDED
We are closing in on singularity of shit

>Randy Bobandy upping the price by 30 dollars

LOVING
EVERY
LAUGH

This was my reaction too, except I discovered the game because some idiot made a thread comparing it to MGS so I looked up a video. Everything looked alright until the player started looting and crafting shit

>soundtrack vinyl

The only time this was ever cool was the Hotline Miami 2 collector's edition.

even then it took three extra months to ship because they couldn't find anyone who could press the quantity of multicolor vinyls the needed for a while

>game not included

>this is a typical western collectors edition
>people still wonder why grown men buy nude PVC figures of their fave loli from china and not collectors editions

What they mean is the bobby mask is just gonna be a william shatner mask painted white, a white cube alarm clock, and the vinyl is actually one giant fucking lollipop.

>We touched up the products in this pic by hand to make them really appealing and probably shopped them to be bigger too, what you will receive is going to be pile of garbage
did that ask your question?

B-but it worked so well for Mass Effect Andromeda...!!!

>Expect Bioshock-esque dystopian future game
>Get early access crafting survival
Wasted potential.

Eh if anything any kinda soundtrack is the only thing any collectors editions that hold any value, most other shit is absolutely useless tacky plastic shit like toys, keychains etc. ugly as fuck tee shirts and fucking prints and posters

who the fuck will buy this if the game isn't included?

BOBBY MASK!!!

I hate game creators who think their shitty generic characters are going to be iconic.

Stuff like The Big Daddy from BioShock was an organic iconic character. He works.

This shit does not.

>China.

It's Japan, you faggot fucking mongoloid. Nobody buys shit from China. Kill yourself.

Hotline Miami also has the music to warrant that. As far as I can tell, this game just has a bunch of generic early 20th century shit, like Fallout and Bioshock did.

>*Game not included

I legit don't mind a decent statue. I'm not a snob, though. I find that shit cool if it's a game I love.

I like this edit.

This kind of shit is like amiibos, wow a bunch of crappy cheap shit I'll put in the corner of a room and let it take dust!

>game not included

FOR

WHAT

PURPOSE

He doesn't know that bobby is actually just a nickname for police in the UK.

You need to be 18 or older to post here.

>this is a typical western collectors edition
This and Mass Effect Andromeda are the only two video games I've ever seen put out a collectors edition that didn't include the game. This is not typical. Even TORtanic included the game with its collector set which I was tempted to get just for that sick Darth Malek figure

Survival crafting? What the fuck? I thought it's some sort of stealth game like Alien Isolation or whatever the fuck else.

To me that kinda shit in CEs is just straight garbage, there is fuck all I can do with something like that, after the initial "oh this is pretty cool" reaction I simply don't get anything out of them, they just take up space and collect dust after that.

>game not included
Where have I seen this before...

It is. But also with survival and crafting mechanics

This. The scripted intro segment they made for E3 was amazing. Then you get booted out into procedurally generated NOTHING and enjoy a sweet cup of fuck all.

Yeah the people who let them into the xbox conference sure made it seem good, didn't they?

Is the game actually not included, or are they just not showing it there and saying that they aren't?

>Game not included
I want to out from this timeline.

>devs release a collector's edition for a game you like
>it has the soundtrack, artbook, and all that good stuff
>but it also has a statue in it, so they're selling it at $200 because they need to cover the cost of the statue
Every fucking time.

I actually see it more in Canada with shit like mirror's edge catalyst. It makes sense in a way, it makes the CE platform agnostic. EBgames are Jews though and only sell it of you also buy the game, when I'd rather buy the CE and then just pirate the game.

What sort of survival mechanics? Hunger, thirst and sleep meters? Crafting food and weapons or just gadgets and traps?

It's literally only the steelbooks , no game.

If the DNF collectors edition was any proof, I am guessing the Bobby Mask is probably not large enough for a human face

So, does anyone have any pic or video of that toy?
I want to see the real deal

Why do these sort of dystopian retro aesthetic games always have to take place after their societies have collapsed? Like I want to play a game where you're in the middle of a authoritarian society and slowly realize how shitty it is. It's always so hamfisted to think that a dystopian society must collapse due to inherent flaws in the system and not because the people realize how bad it is and fight against it.

Can somebody explain to me "game not included" bs? Why the fuck would I buy a box full of shit and without a fucking game? Is it designed for a man child?

Seriously? What a fucking ripoff.

Well they should teach us that
I'm not user but this slang is surprising desu senpai pai sem desu fampai

Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if that alarm clock screen is actually just a sticker.

I buy a shit tonne of CEs and keep most the stuff in the box almost always. I'd rather have miniatures than clothes though.

>did that ask your question?
what did he mean by this?

Look at this GEARBOX QUALITY level of bullshot

>game not included
this is the future of video games.

>$150

Im so fucking happy """""""collectors"""""" are getting raped this way

ʰᵃᶦᶫ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᵏᶦᶰᵍ ᵇᵃᵇʸ

collectors editions used to be the whole game and some goodies like an art book or wall poster

now they are half a game with some power boosting shit or useless cosmetic hat for an extra $30

This. I'd fucking kill for a Brazil style game.

>Bureaucracy gone mad
>Sardonically comical
>Retro tech all over the place
>You're just trying to get out

>includes a steelbook but no game

w h a t

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

you can tell from the picture alone it isnt big enough for a face, its 6 maybe 7 inches tall

Because that would require actual thinking to write the plot instead of just slapping some clichés and call it a day

I don't think anyone bought it. Either that or they never released it.

>Hunger, thirst and sleep meters?
All 3
>Crafting food and weapons or just gadgets and traps?
All of that. Water filters, water, sneaky shoes, bandages, sharpened rocks, etc.

Fuck Consumers

youre alright kid

>game not included
Oh lord

>Homeworld DoK flopped
>Battleborn flopped
>Douk anniversary flopped
>Bulletstorm remastered flopped
How are they still afloat?

Who the fuck buys this shit?

>now they are half a game with some power boosting shit or useless cosmetic hat for an extra $30
That's pre-order/one day + season pass.
Western collector edition nowadays is usually filled with cheap toy, the rest being print paper/cards with fair chance the game isn't even included at all, so you'll want to buy the game separatelly.

Borderlands+Embezzling money form Sega.

Edition as terrible as the actual game.

That vinyl design is cool, but I sincerely doubt that pressing is going to come out looking like that.

I honestly forgot this game even existed

The only two things I can think of is
>It's a real life edition of the digital "collectors edition upgrade"
>people can preorder both and not have to worry about not whether the game will be in stock on day 1 for them to play

So how many more flops does Gearbox get before their company is labeled unprofitable?

What th- wait, is it some sort of open world survival game? The trailer made it seem like a linear game with large levels, something like Bioshock or Alien. Fuck it, I'm gonna find some footage.

You think they're still living off colonial marines budget?

Is borderlands still selling or popular? I haven't heard anything about it in years. Honestly I think Gearbox is hemorrhaging money like THQ.

...People are actually defending this shit on the steam page.

Jesus Christ, no wonder companies are starting to fuck over consumers even more.

>now they are half a game
Now they are 0/2 a game. This collectors edition doesn't include anything you can actually use in the game itself.

This.

They already have an army of sheep acting as apologists for Gearbox.

This is why we will continue to be fucked in the ass by game developers.

Battleborn isn't a flop though. It's an amazing game with an amazing community.

>amazing
>not badass

It's not open world, it's a bunch of corridors thrown together in a random order, like Receiver or Diablo.

Why is "Game Not Included" so fucking hard to understand for you mongoloids? It's so that stores and warehouses don't fucking end up with hundreds or thousands of unmoved units for whatever platform is currently underperforming. The publisher doesn't have to figure out how many Xbox, Playstation, and PC special editions they need to make, and delegate accordingly. Instead, you remove the price of the game from the special edition (since there's NO FUCKING GAME), sell all the shit separately, and let the consumer buy the game for whatever platform they want.

Fuck this game and fuck Mass Effect Andromeda, but these GAME NOT INCLUDED Special Editions are one of the best moves I've seen publishers make in a while. Now you have a reduced amount of shelfwarmers.

It's also randomly generated

>April 2018
Isn't this game already out?

what did they mean by this?

I feel like I am getting old. I preordered a game only once, and it with enough to understand that it was a huge mistake. All those fucking editions, why not just make a game and sell a huge "expanison pack" half a year later? Fucking dlcs, skins, even single player payed stuff.

>game not included
Randy pls

Yeah artbooks are actually probably the best thing now that you mentioned them, doesn't even matter if the game is shit, concept art is always interesting.

user, no. The correct (and ethical) way to go about it if you want to create a neutral collection is to include a voucher that can be redeemed for a key for whatever version the person wants.

Not including the game and charging a fat premium for it is bullshit all around, and another way to gouge people.

>$60 for an indie game
How is Gearbox not dead yet?

>All those fucking editions, why not just make a game and sell a huge "expanison pack" half a year later
user, collectors editions/special editions/limited editions don't include gameplay shit. MAYBE they include a skin or two, or a slightly better starting weapon, but they've always been primarily about physical, non-game shit, like artbooks and soundtrack CDs.

>I feel like I am getting old
The fact that you don't know what a limited edition or collectors edition means leads me to believe you're probably a teenager.

You should blame the consumer gramps

Because they used to be a good studio, so they have the money and reputation from that backing them up. Pic related.

I'm a Britfag, shut up nigger.
The fact that he's called BOBBY has nothing to do with the retarded mask or generic "spoopy" design that's supposed to be creepy but isn't.
It just reminds me of that awful movie the normalfags loved, Insidious.

Go away Randy. You're a loser, and your kid looks like a loser too.