Sonic mania is literally perfe-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=udb_5-8erw4
youtube.com/watch?v=JV_-4M-fDDY
youtu.be/9XAGarhWyyU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I agree OP, blue spheres is perfect

I agree OP, Sonic Mania is literally perfect

If blue spheres are perfect why do they turn red?

Blue spheres is the shittiest part of mania. Stop denying it.

It's the best Special Stage from the classics

this is an 18 and over board kiddo

Really? I always liked the half pipe with the ring collection.

Sobbing as usual am I right?
Bonus stages are fun and blue spheres is indeed perfect.
Cry some more casuals.

This. Can you believe there are some people who don't like Blue Spheres? What kind of shit taste does a person need to have to not like such a simple yet perfect game inside of an already A+ game?

You're the worst part of Mania. It's a game meant to be played and enjoyed and you can't even handle a side game from decades ago. Did you get past level 1 yet wittle babby?

Pic not related

Yeah, the bonus blue sphere thing was one of the worst parts about 3. Disappointed they brought that over instead of improving on the half-pipe thing from 2.

I don't get how this is a sequel if it has so many remade areas.

The objective is to get blue spheres. Simple enough but it never said I can't get the red ones also.
What a shitload of fuck. Shouldn't it just say "Don't get red spheres".

I dont think you understand what a sequel means

Fucking hate the spheres if I'm honest, I'd rather have seen a mix of old special stages for the star posts.
Halfpipe being my personal fave, the mazes from 1 were okay too

Your first console must have been an Xbox.

>Sequel contains the exact same level as the original game
This is new to me

Do people actually think blue spheres is hard?

Is there a video of the green/pink spheres in Sonic Mania? Can't seem to find them anywhere on youtube.

"If you don't like it, you're underage and casual" is the weakest argument in the god damn world. You should be ashamed of yourself. I'm not even the guy you're trying to ridicule, but that comment was just so fucking stupid I had to interject.

I'm 31 years old, I grew up playing the classic Sonic games. Sonic 3 was the first game I ever pre-ordered. The blue sphere collecting minigame is fucking garbage, and it's easily the worst part of that game.

You say "it's a game meant to be played and enjoyed", and yet enjoyment is the last thing I would say I get from that mini game. Maybe the first 10 seconds or so of each attempt is kind of fun, but then it just gets either dull or stressful. Now I don't know about you, but I don't play games, let alone Sonic games, to be bored or stressed out. I play them to have fun. You know what mini game is fun? The half pipe run in Sonic 2. That's a great minigame; it's fast, it tests your reaction skills, and it's a cool concept that's actually fun to play. It's not perfect, but they could have worked on it and made it better, just like they did with the rest of the game. Instead, they just grabbed a far inferior minigame and shoved it in this one. It's lazy, which is surprising given the love and effort put into the rest of the game.

lol @ anyone that doesn't even attempt to git gud at blue spheres

>ufo chase
>finally get to Mach 3
>UFO fucks off so fast I can never catch up even when I take shortcuts
I fucking hate this.

I guess none of the Kingdom Hearts games are sequels then?

It was fun back then and it's fun now.

Glad they used it for the generic collectible instead of Emeralds since you now have a shitload of them

A sequel is based on a continuation of a story not what stages are in a game.

I'd would rather have Blue Spheres over the Sonic 1 or 2 bonus stages.

Still though, I do kinda wish there was another mini-game or two thrown in at the checkpoints for some variety.

It's better than the special stages from 1/2 and it's not hard.

But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

>I just saw this videodunkey video, I am gonna use this to fit in XD

Yeah. Blue spheres suck, I don't even try to get the bonus stage because it's boring as fuck and there's a delay when you try to turn to when it actually turns. Shitty ass mini game, sonic 2 half pipe was the best compared to blue sphere garbage

That's the worst one.
Absokute trash.

Besides, anything is better than the Special Stages in the Advance trilogy.

I've literally never seen a video of the guy. You do realize people have opinions that other people may have as well right?

Sonic CD had the best special stages, prove me wrong, you can't, etc.

Who does he think he is? Jeeeeeeeeeeesus?

That or other people actually think its a good mini game and you're too blind to know a good game from a bad one. Typical of modern sonic fans desu so I'll spare you some slack.

Just git gud

That one is fun until you come over a hill and hit an obstacle that you literally had no time to react to. Or Tails loses your shit.

I like that unrelated pic

No one?

Taxman version? Understandable. OG 1993 version? God no.

>Want to beat every classic Sonic before Mania
>Never played CD
>Get the Android one
>Have a fucking blast
>Graphics and soundtrack, both versions, are top notch
>Decide to do another playthrough, but get all the time stones
>MFW

HOLY FUCK THIS THE WORST SHIT EVER. It's complete RNG as to whether the UFO decides to move 2 pixels to the left when you jump at them. They spend 99% of their time over the water. I must have failed special stage 5 20 times now. This is some spectacularly unfun bullshit in an otherwise great game. Mania's special stages can't be worse than this.

The best classic Special Stages are actually Sonic Rush's version of Sonic 2's half-pipe.

youtube.com/watch?v=udb_5-8erw4

The best ACTUAL classic special stages were Blue Spheres, but that was only because Sonic 1's was balls in ass retarded and Sonic 2's stages' controls were slightly broken and unresponsive - Blue Spheres isn't really GOOD, it's just the others are worse. Mania would have been better if it had also included a fixed version of the half-pipe, and the maze might have been ok now that we have drop dash.

For the record, the absolute best special stages are Sonic Rush Adventure's Johnny Races.

youtube.com/watch?v=JV_-4M-fDDY

That is why Blue Spheres is the best special stage of the original three.
It's the most skill based. Whenever you fuck up, it's because YOU fucked up. It wasn't because the world tilted and you fell straight into an exit with no way to stop yourself, and it wasn't because Tails kept running into bombs.

Shouldn't it say "Don't get red spheres?"

>Modern Sonic fan
What the hell makes you think I'm a fan of the modern games?

FUCK. THE. UFO. SPECIAL. STAGES.
Fuck this piece of shit. I'm in Press Garden Act 1 and can't even get past the fourth Special Stage. Fuck the out of bounds shit and fuck the control worse than god damn SRB2.

>Optional side game

You're too late.

Don't get so blue balled about it man.

>He donesn't like blue spheres

>HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAAAAT

>blue balls the game is actually blue balls the game

the speed thing is a trap. the only thing you should ever be going for are the rings. go for rings and ring boxes, and ignore the spheres, just stick to the UFO. if you go out of your way to try and build the speed meter, you'll just waste time and the ufo will get faster. once the UFO starts going fast, it becomes impossible to win, considering it cheats and takes shortcuts across the borders of the map

>he doesn't like blue sphere

what keeps it for perfection is the first stage of saloon zone. why waste a new zone with flying shit?

Does blue sphere still have the same theme? Always loved the music back in sonic 3 during it.

yes

-ct

Yeah its still as shitty as ever just like the mini game.

They definitely should have included the half-pipe and the maze as alternate options, but ultimately you're right in that it really doesn't detract from the game in any way.

Even I learned as a kid to avoid the red spheres after touching one unceremoniously booted you out of the stage. What I didn't learn until much later on in life was turning the spheres into rings by grabbing the corners of blue sphere formations.

ITT: Brainlets
youtu.be/9XAGarhWyyU

I wanna be that necklace

Anything new with the Special Stages? I know Sonic and Knuckles added Yellow Spheres that make you bounce far up.

The standard emerald stages in 3&K aren't. Mania has some pretty damn hard blue sphere stages, though.

>best

Though you're technically correct, it's kinda like congratulating a midget for being taller than a toddler.

1's was fucking balls, though it may have been bearable with some fine tuning regarding the psychedelic colors and the rotation speeds (and now with Flying/Climbing/Drop Dash, it might actually be playable)

2's was easily the most fun and fits thematically with Sonic more than the others, but Tails and some shitty stage design let it down. If the second player was locked to being behind Sonic, and if the level design rewarded skill more than memorization by removing the bombs around hills, it'd be much better (Sonic Rush already did this, and it's fantastic).

3's is playable, but it's boring as fuck.

Not really, except for the fact that they no longer give out Chaos Emeralds for completion (that's for the Big Rings that lead to the "Catch the UFO" game). Instead, completing Blue Spheres hands out tokens of some kind. Not sure what they do just yet.

Nope, the gameplay is the exact same.

The only difference is the jingle once you complete it, and the chaos emerald graphic is now a token graphic.

the chaos emerald race is worse.
its flawed by design, using the "pimped" mode 7 added nothing to it cant see where some track split since the wall is ground level.
if you take a jump on the ramp and you land on the a second ramp instead of making you jump a second time it act like a fucking bumper wall and throw you back.

yellow and red mines in front of a yellow and red ramp? Genius.

i dropped the game at the 4th emerald.

Here's a protip: the blue UFO gives you time when you break it. If you keep breaking it, you can't run out of time.

Alternatively, just go to past and get the good futures manually for every stage.

Sonic 1s bonus stages were kinda fun, but FUCK Sonic 2s stages.

Sure, but it works in the original context when you have to go out of your way to find them and your reward is a Chaos Emerald.

When you're given one every checkpoint and the rewards are far less exciting it's hard to care. On top of that, the stages take so long that they break the flow of the game if you stop to do even most of them

Ring loss mechanics, insta-kills, Oil Ocean Act 2 Boss having a huge difficulty spike and content being locked behind a mediocre and dull minigame brings Mania down to a 8/10.
I'd complain about revising far too many old stages with very few new ones, but for the price paid for the game, it's worth what it is.

It supposedly have the new green and pink spheres that only available on extras. Heard it from another user so don't know if it's true yet.

back then i kept hearing "die sonic commit a suicide" in the sampled vocals

So its an 8/10 because you can't git gud?

>Not sure what they do just yet.

They unlock extras.

So far I've gotten CD's Peel-Out, Sonic 3's insta-shield, and & Knuckles mode.

Don't get too hyped though. Peel-Out and Insta-Shield can only be used in "No Save" mode, and they can't be combined with each other or with the Drop Dash. And & Knuckles mode is cute but all it lets you do differently is replace Tails with Knuckles.

>get the stage that's literally the first chaos emerald blue sphere stage from Sonic 3

Easy gold medals m8. But yeah I bail on any that I know I can easily fuck up getting a perfect on

how do I activate the peel out and instashield?

Perfects don't unlock anything as far as we no. Extras are tied to silvers

they're actually pretty easy. The 5th one is the only hard one. 6th and 7th are piss easy by comparison. I was expecting garbage for those.

>Oil Ocean Act 2 Boss having a huge difficulty spike
I beat oil ocean act 2 boss first try

why do people suck?

you do know you can go in the oil right?

>Super Sonic still gets rid of the music
>Super Sonic can't be cancelled or saved for later
>Sonic can't transform when he has a shield
>Knuckles and Tails can't glide or fly without turning into Super Sonic

There's a LOT of cues I wish Taxman could have taken from Sonic 3 Complete.

When you've got your cursor on "no save" one of the buttons is "secrets", from there you can toggle Sonic's action between Mania (drop dash), 3&K (insta-shield), or CD (super peel-out). You have to select the one you want.

Insta-Shield is just pressing jump again in the air. It makes your hitbox a bit bigger, letting you hit things slightly further away. Super peel-out is hold up and press jump on the ground, I believe.

>Ring loss mechanics
This has been a staple since the first Sonic - you get rewarded for keeping rings if you're not shit. There's also more shields in this game than ever before, and there's even an item to help you pick up more rings if you DO get hit.

>insta-kills
Ultimately there's very few in the game - even compared to the classics - though you're right in that they could be removed.

>Oil Ocean Act 2 Boss
Ok why in the fuck does anyone think this is difficult? He telegraphs his attacks SO hard, and once you realize the small balls he's spitting out are hitting you the boss is a cake walk.

I mean, Mania definitely isn't perfect (though it is great), there's a lot of little things that could be better or were missed - but what you're complaining about is literally just an example of someone who should get good.

I beat the whole game without losing a life. You are trash.

the main appeal is Knuckles & Knuckles mode I guess.

When you highlight no-save, there's a button to activate secrets. You can choose Drop Dash, Super Peelout or Insta-shield. If you mean actual button shit, Super peelout is up+jump on the ground and insta shield is just jump again while in midair.

>>Knuckles and Tails can't glide or fly without turning into Super Sonic
just get a fucking shield, and, here's the mindblowing part:
dont get hit

>OOZ Act 2
>Smog coming and losing rings
>Enter a bonus stage and smog resets

Who else /ABSOLUTELYDEVILISH/ here!?

>It makes your hitbox a bit bigger, letting you hit things slightly further away.

You forgot it also removes energy based projectiles if you activate it properly. It wasn't a fantastic ability or anything, but it was pretty neat.

It's harder as knuckles because you don't jump as high. If you aren't careful you can lose all your rings in the oil in 1 hit, get dragged under with a platform, or get stuck underneath and raped by bullets because you can't get out of the oil.

the only boss I had issues with was Flying Battery act 2's, and that's only because lol physics

Hello DSP

Titanic Monarch 2 feels like a shitty freedom planet level.

>>Knuckles and Tails can't glide or fly without turning into Super Sonic
>Knuckles and Tails
>Into Super Sonic

didn't it do more damage to a boss too?

>unlock Blue Sphere in extras
>yeah okay whatever
>wait why does this have a setting
>Mania mode
>fucking green and purple spheres and teleporting and having to go over shit multiple times to make it blue
Good Lord.

Half-pipe is fine too but it's been so overused over the years with blue spheres never getting any attention that it's nice to finally have it back for once.

I do feel like they should've implemented it differently though as it's slightly annoying having to encounter it so frequently. Maybe it might've been better if they had the bonus level rotate between half-pipe stages and blue spheres.

>this entire fucking soundtrack
Holy fucking shit

>hydrocity
WHO THE FUCK ASKED FOR THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE

>just get a fucking shield
I specified that SONIC can't transform when he has the shield. Knuckles and Tails still do.

Ding-dong.

You get my point