How would you make an Old Testament themed video game?

Reminder that nowhere is it implied in the Old Testament that god is omnipotent, omnibenevolent, omniscient, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

gnosis.org/naghamm/hypostas.html
youtube.com/watch?v=H2KsccOJy1w
youtube.com/watch?v=YN4BncLvXic
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wasn't Yahweh just one god among many, and He was out to prove himself top dog?

Survival horror with a crafting system

You forgot open world.

It would be pretty neat using a video game to highlight the parts of the bible that people forget about, and the scripture that didn't make it into the bible.

For example:
>what angels really are (the modern depiction of angels are actually cherubs)
>what a demiurge is
>weird stuff like the waters above the firmament

The Bible never really denies other Gods existing.
When God says "there are no others before me" he's basically saying that the rest aren't anything when compared to him.

Are there any games that properly shows what the Leviathan would be like?

is /x/ raiding us?

Like El Shaddai

Depends on what scripture of Leviathan you mean, are we talking the Ancient Sea Beast or the Incarnation of Gluttony?

I'd probably make an RPG. Probably something focused around morality and alliances, and I'd give the player the ability to fight alongside various religious figures like demons or angels.

Book of Job one that only God can kill

>>weird stuff like the waters above the firmament
Kek

Game is an acid trip retelling Babel.

I'd love to see Legion portrayed in some fashion. That passage always gives me chills.

>Fight along side demons.
That would be dumb since demons would likely attempt to kill that player the moment their back was turned.

he does say he's a jealous god, which incidentally means something different

jealous and envy were seperate things back then, so god actually meant he was possessive. jealousy is for what you have, and envy is what you don't have

Incredible Crisis, but with biblical figures.

Fools, do not be blinded by the illusions of the Demiurge.
Christ is the son of the true invisible god beyond this false reality. We must elevate our minds beyond the limits of these prisons we call our bodies so that our divine spark can escape this monstrous trap

Together we can defeat Yaldabaoth and his wretched Archons

gnosis.org/naghamm/hypostas.html

Damn son shut up

>look up the waters above the firmanent
>an ocean beyond space, past which lies Heaven

but I already did that in Persona 5

No, unfortunately.
It'd be pretty good as a fight though, just gotta stall the monster till God smites it.

I am still of the opinion there should be a character action game describing when Jesus visited hell to whoop ass and mock Satan done by platinum games.

can someone explain gnosticism? why was it so widespread? i get the other heresies and why they would have existed, but why was this demiurge stuff so accepted early on?

Legion were cucks,
According to the Book of Demons each letter is actually a different entity representing a thousand of them each.

A sea more sunless?

An RTS about jewish slave rebellions could work

What did Jesus do in Hell? I only know he spent some time in it.

It reminds me a bit of Bloodborne's DLC
He kicked down the gates of Hell and saved everyone there

Hmm
>Book of Job
>Full game where you lose every fight you're in
>Endgame comes, final boss
>You actually imprive and manage to still lose

>video game boss is called the Leviathan
>it's nothing like the Leviathan and is extremely weak
EVERY FUCKING TIME

he rescued all the old testament figures; its called the harrowing of hell

The Chronicles of Narnia is an interesting attempt to build on top of the canon of the Bible.
It solves a couple problems:
>explains what Jesus is (Each universe has its own version of Jesus, but God is a singular entity across the multiverse)
>explains how Heaven is eternally satisfactory (Gets better the further you explore, without limit)

It also, weirdly enough, implies that there are rules that restrict even the many variants of Jesus.

Reminder that Pontius Pilate was an overworked guy just trying to do his job and prevented a riot from breaking out.

Because user, it was a criticism of Christianity due to Dogma.
The Demiurge is an Evil God that couldn't recognise other divine bodies "there are none but myself so I must be IT" but it was confused by the state of the universe and chained the souls of people to their bodies.
Satanel thought that was proof that it was the one true God it had been searching for, but eventually realised that it was a tyrant and promptly fucked his shit up before sending humans to Earth.
It was essentially the first Anime plot before anime or moving pictures was a thing and it resonated with ancient weebs. Eventually leading to William Adams some centuries later.

Really though, The Demiurge was likened to they tyrannical Dogma the church had over the people and that people should perhaps step away from it.
This may also be where Luciferians get their dumb ideas from.

CS Lewis is a really interesting figure. Wrote a lot of essays on religion that are worth looking into.

Well yea it heavily implies he is tied to the Ark and that is the source of jew power, which is why it was talked about mystically and was such an issue for it to be stolen.

Most of the old testament was a my dad can beat up your dad pissing contest for it. It was only later that mine is the best became mine is the only real one.

Any you can recommend?

What game lets me enact historical traditions of magick?

I've read the interesting historical interpretation that the Ark was radioactive. The sickness that afflicted the Philistines apparently mirrors radiation poisoning.

Mere Christianity, Miracles, and The Problem of Pain are the big ones.

What? It's implied literally everywhere. I even read it recently. I don't think it states it outright, but while reading it you definitely get the feel he was a background character during the entire time. The point of the old testament is
>people die, have wars, famine, have kids, etc.
>the only constant is god

CS Lewis didn't "solve" anything. He just presented aspects of the Bible in a more palpable way. None of what you stated is unexplained in the Bible, they're just not as blatantly stated as some other topics.

This

>God's that Roadie that you fucking swear you saw on stage to fix Axl Rose's shoe lace but nobody else saw.

A homo game where you, the reincarnation of King Solomon, must get the 72 demons of Solomon to join your harem in order to take over the world.

Neat. That actually would make a lot of sense. And a mildly radioactive substance with its heat etc would seem magical and important.

Could even explain the crazy behavour and penis chopping as long term slow exposure could make you a bit bonkers. Though a lot of that is probably more geography and the general harsh unpredictable area.

Basically

>Many gods and goddesses in the universe
>One angry god says "im the only one because reasons"
>Angry god put souls into physical bodies because he was confused

>Solomon.
>Wise motherfucker.
>Has demons take over the world.
Even then the first thing you read in the book of the 72 Demon Pillars is that unless God says so, nothing will happen.

Doubt it.
Pitchblende is the most radioactive thing you'll find in nature, and even then it's not very radioactive.

Except for maybe granite, it sometimes contains radium.
But that's just a problem for things built into granite, not just a couple of granite slabs.

well we've seen the water's below the firmament and the pillars of the earth

Book of the New Sun is a fantastic religious work. Highly recommend it.

Well that's kind of the point. In the old testament nobody took some rambling hobo's visions seriously until they started proving their ties to a higher power.

Play as an important Israelite who is used but not totally approved by God

I always liked the sense that God and the prophets were their own faction while everyone else was doing their own thing, including the kings of his own country

>waters below the firmament
That's literally just the ocean

What were the Abyss locusts?

One thing I never understood: why did the Jews worship the Golden Calf? They literally witnessed first hand God's power.

Or you know, just adapt Silmarillion into a game.

That image
Could it possibly be?

like this

idk why but biblical stuff like this scares the shit out of me.

yeah, so?

>Thus he came alone to Angband's gates, and he sounded his horn, and smote once more upon the brazen doors, and challenged Morgoth to come forth to single combat. And Morgoth came.

Good thing it would be a game that doesn't have to follow "canon", huh?

To put it in the most basic of basic terms.
God was born but couldn't see or hear other Gods.
Took a look around and realised everything was messy, and it didn't like it.
Does the "Ordering of the Universe" to put everything into place like a jigsaw.
Chains the 5-dimentional human soul to the 3-dimentional sack of fesh.
Get shit pushed in by what might be the incarnation of justice.
Cry about it forever because God-juice runs out too quickly to make anything new.

But yours is very concise and to the point.

>Ars Boipucci

Gold is to Jews as cock is to a starving thot

Lets go speshul snowflakey for a second: What's your denomination?

Cat-licks and atheists need not apply

In their captivity in Egypt they were exposed to many polytheistic ideas. When Moses went up the mountain and it looked like he wasn't coming back they panicked and rebounded to their old ways despite what they had seen prior-so pretty much a human condition thing. Even Jesus said miracles aren't enough on their own to keep people loyal to God.

Well Eru was also a spiteful prick
>Aule gets tired of waiting for life to develop so he makes the dwarves
>Eru gets pissed that his special snowflake elves weren't first, makes them sleep in the mountains for the next couple thousand years

I've been reading up on mythology to get inspiration for a game I want to make, particularly Egyptian mythology.
I've never properly looked into Christianity, would that be good idea for cool fantasy shit? Mind fuckery and cosmology is especially interesting.

That's how you get a new Alistair Crowley user.
We don't want another pedo running around who thinks he's a God, do we?
Honestly it sounds like work for a dating sim.

The Old Testament gets batshit insane at times. New Testament is much more subdued.

It just makes you feel small and insignificant, doesn't it?

>I've never properly looked into Christianity
Stick to Judaism if you want the fun shit like golems. You will get more out of them since the only fun new testament stuff you can get is out of the last book

meh art

Look at skyrim
Mods
Done

>He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.

Now that's what I call foreshadowing.

What angel is the most messed up?

Kabbalistic Judaism has plenty of weird interpretation of biblical literature. You could do tons with that. And there's plenty of stuff in Solomonic magick that's cool.
Or use the earlier Babylonian myths it's all stolen from though Hollywood does that all the time

Wheels are definitely up there. Seraphim have to cover their body with all six of their wings, otherwise you'll go insane before bursting into flames.

Open world survival crafting early acces JEWS "40" years in the desert

>Honestly it sounds like work for a dating sim.

Not if you make only 12 or 13 of them dateable. Or spread the 72 demons out over a series of games.

>ywn take a bath with Crocell

thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=H2KsccOJy1w

Metatron, easily.
>Used to be human.
>Retains a vague humanoid form.
>Mouths cover his body and speak every language that has ever existed, existed today and has yet to exists all for the sake of relaying the messages of God to everything that is and will be.

>apples give you mana
>figs damage you when eaten

It's kinda sad how the public perception of angels is just basic guys with wings. The old stuff is so cool.

Save Oose for last because he's an asshole.

>coworker going on about how everyone has nine gifts and you unlock them with a "be-all attitude" or something
Do christfags really believe this shit

>not wanting to be The Great Beast 666: Sup Forums edition

Really cool stuff, thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=YN4BncLvXic

Peep this

>After hundreds of years of waiting your savior shows up
>It's obviously him
>Wait, shit, he ISN'T here to stop taxes
>Get your high court together and murder him
>Oy vey Jerusalem has been destroyed how could this happen we're God's chosen people

I've never heard of this, must be some protestant sect

In the Lucifer comic by Mike Carey, there's a tower in the Silver City where God relays his messages. However, the words of God never decay, so it's this cacophony of noise that threatens to drive even Michael crazy. Is there any analogue to that in scripture?

Does Christianity have the most powerful and eldritch pantheon?

The only real work is turning this into a bunch qt. 3.14

He wasn't a Satanist, he was a faggot pedo that got microwaved.
Also, damned right I don't want to be that! What am I? A pussy?