Is there an excuse for the 2007 level console graphics?

Is there an excuse for the 2007 level console graphics?

Japanese games seems to be lacking from a pure technical standpoint.

youtu.be/dUH4vxYZAK4

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/579180/Ys_VIII_Lacrimosa_of_DANA/
gog.com/game/ys_seven
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Explain the high spec requirement then

Low-budget game by a studio that would barely even approach the AA level.

>mfw

Game looks nice I don't see what's wrong with it.

Its a vita game

Simplistic geometry and low resolution textures.

There is nothing wrong with smaller sized productions. These games aren't going for mass market appeal, they appeal to niches, hoping to make decent profit margin. They don't need millions of sales to turn a buck.

Falcom was never a high-roller studio so what do you expect? They might as well just make it console/handheld exclusive because they'll lose some dosh on PC because of the thousands of pirates.

Too late, it is coming out in two days. Maybe you already knew that.

store.steampowered.com/app/579180/Ys_VIII_Lacrimosa_of_DANA/

Modern falcom games look like early ps3 games because their studio isnt that large. Its still shit though.

Actually, the only reason why Ys 8 isn't a Vita-exclusive like originally planned in the first place was because of positive response from Western Steam users.

exactly

That's a flat out lie. Vita runs like shit and they had to remake it on PS4 and they constantly said vita is dying thats why CS3 is ps4 only

Is Lacrimosa supposed to be YS Celceta but not on the Vita? If not then what is Celceta? A spinoff / sidestory?

I bought YS Seven the moment I noticed it on GoG, and now I am hopeful I get to also play Celceta (lolVita).

Ys Celceta is a remake of Ys IV using the party combat system from Ys Seven. Ys VIII is a new game using the party system from Seven and Celceta, and the first new story since Ys Seven.

Celceta is a millionth remake of IV.

>Ys Seven on GOG
Wait, is this for real? Didn't it remain a PSP exclusive?

What's up with jrpgs and slapping big numbers after the title?

Cool.

I wonder if they have plans of porting to Steam, I remember wanting to play it since I saw it announce on the Vita.

Also is this GoG version that Chinese version that was floating around, but with an official translation patch? The game comes in English and I think Mandarin?

Its real Real. gog.com/game/ys_seven

Get with time gramps

XSeed ported (note: not remake) the PSP game for the PC.

Not really. it's not like Western AAA garbage are any better at this point

When was this anounced? I hadn't searched Ys in the store since I put VIII on my wishlist.
>55 bucks
Wew, I'm gonna wait a bit and clear some backlog.

Did they outsourcing it like that little king? Did it run like shit?

It runs at 60 fps pretty much all of the time.

>When was this anounced?
last two months ago?
>Did they outsourcing it like that little king? Did it run like shit?
outsourced. runs silky smooth 60fps even on my ancient 2014 laptop, but it's a port of a PSP game to begin with so yeah that's kinda expected

Nobody gives a fuck about your graphicsfag autism. Fuck off.

I feel kinda bad tor these small Jap devs. Their games dont really sell that well and will forever remain a niche.

They're like those off-brand potato chips you see in most convenience stores that's placed with other assorted snacks.

they clearly make enough money to keep pumping out sequels

it's a good thing, they don't need to pander to mainstream

Yeah but think of the passionate artists behind these games who really think they're special to them, unless a lof of them only see them as menial job to have food on the table and New Game was completely lying to me on how game development happens in Japan.

They already started pandering to mainstream JRPG fags as soon as Ys had a party system

>believeing the "all pc users pirate their games" meme.

>unless a lof of them only see them as menial job to have food on the table

Literally is, they get paid poorly compared to overseas equivalent type of jobs and do insane hours

i can't say you are wrong, but having every game star only adol will make it stale sooner or later.

This. I'd even take a bump system Ys game over any installement with the party system. Ys has always been about gameplay and music but they ruined both.

i'd actually want another Ys game with the bump system. i have to disagree with you about the music though.

they release their games drm free on pc, so obviously they haven't bought unto the 'piracy ruins sales' meme

it's a fucking port of a psp game, you dip

You're expecting too much.
I adjust my expectations on the genre and team behind it.

I know a lot of normies won't access that information, but there's something for everyone out there.

The focus shouldn't be graphics. I've replayed a lot of 7th gen stuff, and it feels a lot more underwelming now, but if the gameplay is solid, I'll replay anything again and again.

Not a fan of the 3D gameplay, feels really weird.

JRPGs have never really been about great graphics, but then that's me growing up with a lot of 16 bit games.
They do their job, and at times they can be beautiful, but I've learnt not to be tricked by graphics anymore.

People bang on about how great firewatch is, but I don't think it really looked that special. And the gameplay is non-exsistent.

You're missing the actual reason, it's a Vita game.

Man, it saddens me so much that YS is taking the FF route of dumb """innovation""" and is just going downwards since Felghana.

While games like Dragon Quest and Persona keep their identities and just improve overall, games like Final Fantasy keep losing their touch with their audience and implement changes that nobody wants, people still buy their games (I do) because they're decent enough, but its just so much wasted potential, fuck these japanese niggers, two bombs weren't enough.

Whats the chance of the next YS be like Felghana but HD?

Is it worth getting a Shita to play through all the ys games?

My psp is broken

I hope they go back to mostly sprites at some point. There's this idea that if it's dated you need to move on but it just works so well for the gameplay.

Calceta is the only one not on PC too, and its probably not worth buying a system for

uh imo no. most ys games (except Celceta) are on the PC or ps4, so if you already own one of those there's absolutely no reason to own a vita. I'm kinda expecting they will port Celceta to the PC, like what they did with Seven soon.

Party members on a ARPG is just such a dumb decision I want to murder them when I play these games...

Fucking hated the wasted potential on YS Seven, Celceta and now I'm sure I'll prefer the segments with Dana than those with Adol.

At least they changed that and gave some single player/character segments, maybe they are realizing that party doesn't work in ARPGs?

There's the chinese port of Celceta, with an english patch. It seemed pretty dodgy compared to the Vita release and has a few graphical issues, without counting install complications.

Celceta is the worst Ys of all, why would anyone want that.

Seven at least had some r

You CAN play Celceta on PC.

Party members were never a problem because you can set them to do literally nothing
Why are people sperging out about this when the shitty PRESS BUTTON TO INVINCIBLE mechanics and FUCKING ITEMS are in an Ys game? When can I have my bullet hell bosses back?

not everyone shares your opinion, user. most certainly not me
>Seven at least had some r
were you gonna finish that sentence with something?

Will there be undub patch for the steam version soon?

rip

are you talking about Seven or VIII? Seven doesn't have voice acting, only battle grunts
VIII will likely have fan undub patch by autists real soon

Better question: Is there an excuse for console graphics?

the games are on sale on the humble store now by the way. I & II Chronicles is really cheap and definitely worth playing if you're interested in the series

I wish they would remake or redo Ys V. They did wonders when going from Ys III to Felghana, Ys V is the only Ys game that was only ported once and it was one of those budget PS2 ports.

I disagree. 5 is the worst. I also actually like Celceta.

Yeah about VIII, thats nice

8 has dual audio confirmed since the beginning.

im honestly wondering, what's taking them so long

my mistake. I didn't know about the english patch

oh yeah i forgot about that, my bad

Friendly reminder that muh graphics is the cancer killing video games.

user its not healthy to pull retarded statements out of your ass

looks like the ff12 engine desu

The game is balanced around those things, around having at least 3 hp bars and potions to save your ass. Its disgusting.

it's less pretty than the vita version, the chinese port devs fucked with the shaders i think.
the english patch uses the vita english script, but has lots of bugs. text overflowing (especially on the journal if you need to check story info and quest info), otherwise the dialogue boxes are fine

iirc, the initial reception was terrible due to being a Super Famicom exclusive and not having a PC Engine version like Ys IV. It was bad enough that until Ys VI was released, only remakes/ports of the first three games were made, including three PS2 budget ports, amongst which the only V port.

You okay there buddy?

that's what nightmare mode is for on the later entries. stop being a felghanafag, Oath is still easy despite having no ways to heal (except pickups) on dungeons

Ah I see, V is actually pretty bad and very easy. played the english translation two years ago

IRMA DAMN YOU

>fast paced action RPG
>60 hours

Actually, I was mistaken on when the PS2 remakes came out. Ys VI is from 2003, the PS2 remakes are from 2005.
Still, Ys V came out in 1995 and the only releases before 2003 were remakes:
Saturn remakes of the first two in the Falcom Classics (1997 and 1998, rereleased in a single disc in 1999), Ys Eternal in 1998 and Ys II Eternal in 2000.

Felt the same after seeing the Secret of Mana remake screens. Lazy shits.

>fast paced action RPG
>fishing

i actually want to try fishing irl

would've been slightly better if they didnt use a mobile game engine for this

oh right.
Well, whatever, it gets a larger audience this way.

I think that's fine.
People play those remastered ps2 games for ps4. I don't see the harm in the developer trying to reach as many people as possible.

This looks better than Secret of Mana in any case. That was an unnecessary remake.

>fast paced action RPG
>tower defense

New Game is fucking garbage and you should feel bad for watching it.

No