/kotor/ woes

>kotor 1 has aged like milk left outside
>kotor 2 is irreparably broken even with TSLRCM
>they decided to take the meme mmo route with TOR

Will this series ever be revitalized? Hell I'd be over the moon for an "enhanced/remastered" kotor 1 release even.

>kotor1 remastered comes out
>we've decided to reduce the complexity of the game so now there's no engineering branches (hacking, etc) and you get to pickup the two lightsabers from the jedis that kill one another in the beginning

I don't care about graphics, but I had to play KOTOR 1 without the movies and KOTOR 2's opening cinematic after character creation destroys my computer for some reason and I can't even play the game even when trying to disable movies.

I'd be down for some remastered KOTOR games since most people consider the second one to be better.

>>kotor 2 is irreparably broken even with TSLRCM
what the actual fuck are you talking about? The game is running fine and is the greatest Star Wars story ever. and before some contrarian dipshit is trying to counter this, he'd better give me a better example of a great look on the jedi, the sith and the force in general.
Yes it has it's more than fair share of problems and bugs even with the patch, but it's not half as bad as some whiny shits are making it out to be.

No. Lucas sold Star Wars. The franchise is dead. Move on.

any other mod to add besides tslrcm?

No es canon.

bumping this

TSLRCM is all you really need

IMO it's only good for the champ in the jek jek tar

everything else feels like shit cut for quality reasons rather than simply not having enough time-- it looks and feels shitty

No one doubts the merits II's story. But as an overall game, kotor I just felt so much tighter. The pacing was perfect, your party members stood out even if they weren't all 100% equal in usefulness, the planets were distinct and interesting, side quests were fun and abundant, etc. It was just a great rpg and an amazing star wars game overall.

Kotor II was fine and the direction it went in was good, but it bears deep scars all throughout which take away from the game. Turning your party members into jedi's is such a unrewarding chore, the planets aren't at all as engaging, and as your approached the endgame it was painful how rushed everything was.

TSLRCM redeemed it a little, but it's hard to hide let alone truly restore what it could/should have been.

>tfw play KOTOR II on Xbox and have had no problems
Still my second favourite game

fair enough, some actual good critique points here. I just hate when people pretend kotor II was completely broken instead of actually saying what was actually bad about it

when I originally played KotOR II I never noticed anything blatantly wrong with it

around my third playtrhough I noticed HK-47 had some dialogue that went absolutely nowhere though but considering I didn't bother putting him together until the second playtrhough I chalked it up to having missed something and replayed it maybe two more times before Peragus became too much to bear

>>kotor 1 has aged like milk left outside
why do people say this? I played it for the first time a few weeks ago and it was really fun. Is it just because everyone has ADHD now and expects action combat instead of d20 diceroll stuff?

Not him, but I keep trying to play KoToR II only to be stuck on Telos because my game glitches and won't make the that one embassy under attack. In fact my game breaks a lot.

I think he means graphically wise

Well 2 certainly doesn't look any better.

2 at least has widescreen support and some smoother textures. Playing 1 in "the box" is agony.

Kotor 1 has okay graphics even now, it's just a pain in the ass to get it to work on PC anymore.
How is kotor 2 broken with TSLRCM? my only major complaint is the lack of times you have to influence your standing with your companions, so your playthrough order can make or break making them jedi.
didn't they literally recycle elements from the first game into the second? Korriban is almost copy pasted from the first game

korriban plays fairly different in the original

it plays differently, but graphics wise it is pretty much the exact same. The difference is you land in the tomb area (but can't enter the tombs) and can only go in the cave, which has the only new area, and the old sith academy.
it's a blatant case of recycling shit

if they cared they should have released all content for community to restore it

also another kotor would be nice without MeMeO, or at least a remake, on a frostbite mayba