Just bought this. The only games like this I've played are Super Metroid, Rondo of Blood and SOTN. What am I in for?

Just bought this. The only games like this I've played are Super Metroid, Rondo of Blood and SOTN. What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/532021/RabiRibi__Is_the_order_a_DLC/
mega.nz/#!nlpDiISZ!-cWFCvJBABI4UMlEbiGyEcDf9_AC3VTBTxs5gDmVdPM
mega.nz/#!oDQ21YCC!ug4floCl06M_pA18L7Gl8CMLie8QjoL1X7y4xcsBhF0
youtu.be/69zi-1ct8_g
youtu.be/fRYBzHtcBtA
youtu.be/-fFzh4FXLpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

poor fashion

Bunny

This is actually a solid game, people like to shit on it because of the anime style but it's fun and cute. The combat gets pretty intense and the plataformin and exploration are engaging.

And bunny cunny, of course.

Ps4 version when

stop defending this trash

i bet you think senran kagura had good gameplay too, or that doa is a valid fighting game series or something

fucking moron

op, it's trash, if what you're saying is true, play metroid fusion or zero mission, castlevania aria of sorrow or 3, or one of the many decent other games in the series such as environmental station alpha, axiom verge, or my personal favorite, shadow complex

dare i fucking mention hollow knight / shantae / dust / la mulana

or will that completely derail the thread?

Legitimately one of the best games of all time. You need to expand your mind: look up the "secret techniques" in the Steam Guides and the fact that you can complete the game with literally no items.

I thought it was out? I saw euros saying it was out on German PSN a few days ago? I'm waiting for the Limited Run version so that I can have a physical Vita version.

Has Reisen fallen upon hard times?

The DLC was just released a few minutes ago.
store.steampowered.com/app/532021/RabiRibi__Is_the_order_a_DLC/

are you ok

>i bet you think senran kagura had good gameplay too, or that doa is a valid fighting game series or something

I've never played those games. Why don't you go ahead and tell why Rabi Ribi is bad?

>Makes a shitty meme thread
>Makes a new thread when there's already a thread about the game
Cancer.

>shitty meme thread
are you daft

>Buy game
>What am I in for guys?
Are you?

What is wrong with that question exactly?

Is it worth it? Loved the base game.

>Just bought this. The only games like this I've played are Super Metroid, Rondo of Blood and SOTN. What am I in for?

How about you go play it and stop being a faggot?

> if what you're saying is true

tl note: I never played any of these games and I'm spouting shit out of my ass

Impossible to say since it just came out and nobody has beat it yet.

This game has way too much dialog and nothing the characters seem to endlessly blabber on about seems to be of any importance. The character designs are generic and the story and setting is absolute nonsense. I say this as someone who doesn't mind anime shit.

The gameplay is average. Combat is okay. Exploration is limited to the nonsense narrative. Try to walk down a path and the player character says she doesn't want to go that way.

I'm about 3 hours in and I regret my purchase. I even bought it while on sale. The game isn't complete shit but it's a massive disappointment after all the hype it gets around here.

>Try to walk down a path and the player character says she doesn't want to go that way.
Are you fucking kidding me? The game has an insane ammount of sequence breaking.

Also, skip all the cutscenes. The story is complete anime garbage.

>Try to walk down a path and the player character says she doesn't want to go that way.
Yeah, good job revealing that you haven't played the game.

But the game does do that unless you experiment with how to get past it.

You literally haven't played the fucking game, and I think you post in every fucking thread.

You're right that the game's story sucks, that's because there basically is none. The only extended story segments happen at the very begining of the game. You're going to argue with me, and I'm just going to tell you to pull up literally any let's play on Youtube because you're fucking wrong. Objectively wrong.

>Exploration is limited to the nonsense narrative. Try to walk down a path and the player character says she doesn't want to go that way.
You realize Rabi-Ribi is probably the least linear metroidvania on the market, right? You can complete it in literally any order, even with NO items at all. There is literally zero linearity, the bosses even change move-sets and adapt around what upgrades/items you have or don't have. Again, this isn't even a debate, you're fucking wrong.

Why would you come into a thread and just fucking lie?

It only does that in a glorified tutorial.

>The game isn't complete shit but it's a massive disappointment after all the hype it gets around here.
Serious question, are you new here? Sup Forums shills a lot of games of questionable quality and then gets absolutely butt blasted whenever someone points out a flaw.

tl;dr: never buy any games with a thread starting with "this is ___, did you buy her game?", or stating it's a comfy game. As always, watch a no comment let's play and maybe read a review.

>"this is ___, did you buy her game?"
So people shouldn't buy Fire Emblem, Nier, Persona 5, Splatoon 2, etc? Wait you're right, those games are all over-hyped shit.

PS4 version is out in Europe only. You can get it still, just make a European PSN account. I did that for a digital copy and will try and snag a physical one from Limited Run Games later.

>buying weebshit
Loooool the state of OP right now
mega.nz/#!nlpDiISZ!-cWFCvJBABI4UMlEbiGyEcDf9_AC3VTBTxs5gDmVdPM

But he hasn't pointed out any flaws except the story which is a given.
I don't know how those taiwanese moe fags did it but how come so few know how to make a proper metroidvania with such good exploration, movement and combat? Cute anime girls is just a bonus here.

Who the fuck plays a game like this for the story?

Its like alot of mobas. Art that baits you in, total in shit graphics/style.

You're shitposting, but SK Burst was an okay sidescrolling beat 'em up and the only bad DOA was 4. You can only replay Metroid and Castlevania so many times before you want something new. And Rabi Ribi's unique take on bosses, excellent music, and solid everything else make it worth playing. You bring up Shantae but Rabi Ribi is better than all but one of the Shantae games.

>I don't like your opinion so that must mean you never played the game!

Yeah and I've never posted in one of these threads before either. Not everyone with criticisms is the same person
It's wasn't Sup Forums's opinion that compelled me to buy the game. It was on sale and I read some reviews. Sup Forums just so happens to think this game is god's gift to metroidvanias.

>This is actually a solid game, people like to shit on it because of the anime style but it's fun and cute
I actually took a chance buying it after watching some gameplay expecting it to be shitty weeb bait like Neptunia but its genuinely a very fun game. Excellent music and great challenging bosses.

>opinion
Their point is that you are literally, objectively wrong. I'm convinced that you are just trolling now because nobody can be this stupid.

Thanks but i'm going to buy the dlc and ost now because the devs deserve it.

good job refuting their arguments, moron

Whatever helps you feel better, man.

It wasn't my intention to refute anyone. I'm just stating how I feel.

They deserve it because it made you dried up dick stand up a little didn't it?
You guys are like sheep, honestly.

@390016135
@390016547
Shouldn't you be asleep? You have school tomorrow.

What you're saying is just wrong, like saying Mario 64 is 2D or that Devil May Cry is an FPS.

Sup Forums has a lot of opinions on everything. Sure Senran Kagura isn't the most complex pseudo Dynasty Warriors clone out there but it's got interesting characters and a somewhat compelling gameplay, combine both and you have a dedicated fanbase. The Atelier series has interesting crafting sequences and almost non existent battles but then, people like it for it's characters cute girls yadda yadda and the lax ambient.

Any thoughts on the DLC so far lads?

It's okay to have shit taste, user.

Have you ever considered that a game can be fun AND have fanservice?

I love Rabi-Ribi, but Fire Emblem, Persona 5, Nier, and Splatoon 2 are actually shit. I stand by my opinions.

What is wrong? My criticism about exploration? Are you saying that there isn't a corridor where the play walks down, then at the end the player character says she doesn't want to continue walking that way? Because this actually happened for me.

Uploaded the Artbook & Soundtrack for those who wants it. Works on legal Steam copies, just add the files and start it normally through Steam. Read the readme if you're having problems.

mega.nz/#!oDQ21YCC!ug4floCl06M_pA18L7Gl8CMLie8QjoL1X7y4xcsBhF0

>2D flash game except with tits
>costs money
Honestly you are all 15yo horny sheep. Guarantee you if you weren't a horny repressed virgin you'd think with your dry dick less.

Where and when? Still doesn't change the fact you can beat the game in any order with any combo of items (or lack thereof).

Because the game is great and they have constantly updated it with new content and features ever since release. It has better post launch support than most online only games get.

stop shitposting and just kill yourself you 15 year old waste of space

I can't remember exactly since I've only sat down to play this game a handful of times, but it was an area where the foreground (land) is dark. Not to be confused with the dark caves.

Shouldn't you be sleeping actually? Since you're acting like you've just hit puberty.
>15 year old
Neat, coming from someone who faps like his balls just dropped. Get help.

Someone has already shown you proof that you can just get past that.
Just because you don't try to explore doesn't mean the game doesn't let you.

hnnnnggg

Which version is that?

bitcoin miner version

>Rondo of Blood
You're not gonna get a game as good as that out of this piece of shit I'll tell you that much.

>Someone has already shown you proof that you can just get past that.

No. That wasn't the part I was referring to.

That was a DLC/Post-game challenge area.

>You're not gonna get a game as good as that out of this piece of shit I'll tell you that much.
it's better though

This game is genuinely better than Rondo of Blood. I know that's hard to believe because of its premise and art style, but it really is.

No matter how hard you try this meme, people will be pirating the game you are shilling so hard for. This is so embarrassing for you.

>Metroidvania shit
>Comparable to classicvania games
Good joke.

>(You)

#borninthewronggeneration amirite

The music is the best part of this game. Prove me wrong.

No seriously what version is that? Already downloaded and playing. I'm probably gonna buy it on steam now.

>I'm probably gonna buy it on steam now.
haha btfo

>Classic castlevania is better than metroidvania

It's like 5 bucks I think, dunno what version it is
Stay Assblasted

This guy doesn't seem to think like that
Look at the bottom left in the menu for the version, most current is 1.8 I think, but might be higher now since the dlc just released.

He was already btfo when I bought the game after pirating it in the last thread. He's retarded. Ignore him.

>I prefer a mish-mash of level design with tons of backtracking and zero balance over tight balanced gameplay because muh freedums

I've heard this game is pretty good, but I can't get over the aesthetic.
I love cute stuff but it feels like it's trying way too hard and it's really off-putting.
I only know one person who plays it and it's some guy who is pretending to be a girl obsessed with and roleplaying as a rabbit-girl. Is that the target demographic?

>Fairy forgettable, bland soundtrack
This is the only time I have ever heard anyone say this. Most people have praised the game for its soundtrack.

>Fairly forgettable, bland soundtrack

The fuck? He is a game journo after all, so it wouldn't surprise me if he only got like an hour or two in and never heard most of the god-tier tracks.

>picture
Pretty accurate if you ask me.

>shitty weeb bait like Neptunia
You talking shit about my nep?

The soundtrack is fucking awful, any composer could shit out a better soundtrack.

Don't you have something better to do instead of shitpost about a game you've never played?

>he doesn't know that Rabi Ribi has great level design with tight balanced gameplay while still allowing complete freedom over how you want to play it

Favorite tracks?

youtu.be/69zi-1ct8_g
youtu.be/fRYBzHtcBtA
youtu.be/-fFzh4FXLpQ

3/8 made me reply

How long are you going to keep this up?

You know after playing the game. I really do like it. Im buying it right now!
I just really like the drm version because I can play it almost anywhere. Not to sure if this game is on GoG or Desura. That's fine. I'll pirate it play it anywhere and have a steam copy as my main.

>some guy who is pretending to be a girl obsessed with and roleplaying as a rabbit-girl. Is that the target demographic?

As someone who pretends to be a girl, I can confirm. Sounds like your friend has poor taste though.

Literally no one thinks Rabi-Ribi has good level design, people only care about the boss fights.

you're probably better off getting the super bundle

>Get help
That was a nice touch

Honestly the boss fights are my least favorite part about the gameplay. Fighting generic enemies and exploration is more fun.

I disagree. I like both the boss fights and the level design.

>you need to play the game to dislike a soundtrack
?

I just think the soundtrack is really mediocre and kind of obnoxious.

The artbook also comes with extra game content (mostly experimental stuff but still fun to play with) so I recommend you get that too.
The ost is also great so I would say you should just get the whole Super UPRPRC Edition for the discount.

>DON'T TALK ABOUT GAMES ON THE VIDEO GAME BOARD

go back to the PUBG general already.

>likes Rabi Ribi
>talks shit about Nier Automata

this is some strong delusion

Almost. Almost.