What happened with Nioh? I remember it coming out, there was a day of threads and then I heard nothing. Is it bad...

What happened with Nioh? I remember it coming out, there was a day of threads and then I heard nothing. Is it bad? Is it worth a look?

It's a great game but there's not really any lasting appeal unless you're an autist who wants to keep grinding the best gear forever.

It's a great game, play it and move on

I got through it to nearly the end of NG+

It's pretty fucking shit. Every single build has a gimmick that trivializes the game. This is also not factoring in Sloth Talismans, which take the then trivial game and make it into a bad joke.

Enemy variety makes me Love Every Laugh. 13 or so enemies in the game and a majority of them are human mooks or some variety of Shrek Yokai.

Endgame grind is also bad. I play shit like Path of Exile and the minute I got to the endgame grind I just wanted to blow my fucking brains out.

Overall 6/10. Not anywhere near close to "dethroning" the souls series. That guy that spammed Bloodborne threads with LE NIOH.webms probably killed himself. Good riddance.

I really fucking love the combat, honestly it's the best Team Ninja game since NGB

although I realise that's not saying much

Okay, well I'll just wait till a cheap GOTY version comes out then.

The multiplayer is lackluster and lategame/postgame comes down to grinding equipment stat rolls.
Exploring feels useless due to equipment being "randomized", resulting in 97% of everything you find being sell or dissamble equipment, and you'll see 75% of the game's content being used in the first 4-5 levels and then being reused over another 80 levels.

That said, it's a great singleplayer experience that offers you alot of playing hours for such a meager price. Combat quality is great. One of the best games on the ps4 at the moment

to hard for vee

So we've had Samurai-Souls with Nioh, Heavy-Souls with Lords of the Fallen, Sci-fi-Souls with The Surge...
When do we get Crusader Souls? I want to kill Pagan deities and heathens.

>to hard for vee

s l o t h
t a l i s m a n

Sloth talisman stops being op once you get to the double boss missions

Double Boss missions are some of the easiest. Nobunigger and his whore have nearly braindead AI, and if push comes to shove you can stall forever and wait for their lengthy ability recoveries to do chip damage.

Last DLC comes out on the 26th
There's been a bunch of patches that clamp down on the RNG (except for ethereals)
Pick up a GOTY version for cheap if you can. It'll probably go on sale nearer christmas.

Great combat though, I don't know anything in the past five or so years that comes close to feeling or playing as good as Nioh's

The game was too hard ,complicated and long for how not fun the game was.

It's a lot of fun but it only has enough content for about two playthroughs.

this, that shit was just too fucking complicated.

What kind of expectations do people have when a game is "only" good for two playthroughs? What the fuck? I'm happy if a game is great for just 1 playthrough and I have a good time.

On topic: Nioh is great. Easily a GotY contender for me.

i want more waifus for william

>Sails for two years and fights through a demon-infested river and town to rescuse Hanzo
>Okatsu isn't even mentioned once.

Bros before hoes

I'm at the end on ng+ with 150 +7 gear. What lvl gear comes next ng+ cycle? should I just go there or keep grinding some sidemissions on ng+ for better gear and levels? I feel like those Omi region missions were too high level for me, like 100 levels above me and I got carried hard on those last three missions.

How to make OP Kusarigama build?

nobody really gives a shit about hanzo.
I feel bad for okastu, what a waste of a well memorable design character

Way of the demon will give you level 150-200 gear and it goes to +20
Do Request from Ginchiyo and let her melt everything, pick up some higher level gear and soul match accordingly.

It looks fun. Run around, kill things, be a samurai. Or not. Just go fucking buy it OP. What are you 12? Why the fuck do I come here

Post her feet!

Ok thanks user! I guess I could go and try my luck with Thousand Eyes. Didn't even think about grinding gear from that RfG mission.

It was good so Sup Forums couldn't shitpost about it

Use Water & Earth element and make sure to chain both effects to trigger confusion. For spirits you want Bisha and Usura. Build revolves around fucking with their Ki and stacking debuffs.

>It looks fun. Drive around, turn fast, be a playboy. Or not. Just go fucking buy a Ferari 390026740. What are you 12? Why the fuck do I come here

Are you really comparing buying a fucking Ferrari to buying a video game? Are you daft?

sadly the game does have a great fanart following, so no feet.

have this instead

Only time I have been able to get some boss confused with two status alments, is in co-op and in there that has happened like two times. Is it easier to inflict quickly both with weapons or with like water shot etc talismans? Also, why exactly Water and Earth? Or is it just like any two elements?

Are you really comparing a farcical argument to a stupid statement? Are you daft?

Sums it up perfectly.

Guardian spirit talismans are great for that.

Also explosive shurikens.

Flavor of the month OP. Thats what.

Water significanly lowers mobs DEF so it raises your kusa's dmg by a lot while Earth causes Ki damage to double which helps with this build. One easy way to cause confusion is by Talisman weapon enhance to debuff once and then using magic, spirit talisman or living weapon for the second debuff.

They ruined endgame with endless grind. Hope the sequel they probably i hope will make after this "success" won't be such a bummer.

Since everyone cried and bitched about the (ironically fairer) difficulty level and design from prerelease, rather than going back to the much better version they have no choice but to double down on the loot based aspects in regards to making more new stronger rarer stuff to get.

The game's PvP is dead due to the programming being incompetent, there is jackshit for lore besides "Demon's showed up, shit's fucked", there is no world exploration due to mission level designs, DLC's a bitch to get into unless you've NG+'d the game twice and have ultra OP builds
Basically Nioh has a great combat system mechanic wise but not much else to talk about

Still waiting for the complete edition.

Great combat, not enough enemy variety, most of the levels feel uninspiried, shitty submissions, balance issues. 6/10 imo.

I guess people wanted a dark souls clone, so they were disappointed when it was different from their beloved game.
Is an example : people wanted "lore" and "exploration".
The combat, is better than souls/bloodborne, especially pvp where If you attack too much your stamina ends and you lose, but you can't defend either for the same motive. They also added a mode where you use pre-set equipment.
My complain is that after the first missions you find purple level equipment too easily. In the alpha and beta they were harder ti obtain.
The grind isn t too much of a problem as others say. I beat the second dlc ( in samurai mode ) at level 120 with level 150+3 equipment.
I also dislike the forging system because you could reset the game to get the stats you wanted without spending additional money on reforging.
The difficulty was fair, but humans without living weapons can be cheesed with headshots and kusarigama pull+foot sweep.

She'll probably appear in DoA or something one day