youtube.com/watch?v=pfjrG39smH0&t=32s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nelf trash fucking die

Stop making this thread

Start contributing more than negativity to Sup Forums

Start contributing better threads

AND YOU COULD HAVE IT ALL

>all those online internet friends you used to have by playing this game

I really miss vanilla levelling. It has to be the best experience I've had in a game.

So what happened to Sargeras?

defeated in a cutscene and locked in a prison until he is needed in another expansion

He is also a good guy for stabbing Azeroth with his sword to keep the void lords at bay btw

>revisit ahn'qiraj™
>revisit re remade azeroth™ for new world quests™
>no legacy btw

That hit me.

No he isn't. He did it out of spite.

Good. Fuck Silithus.

>vanilla WoW
>join a random guild
>everyone is super cool and friendly, become close friends with a few of them
>beating MC after months of trying was the most amazing feeling ever
>guild transitions from a casual to a semi-hardcore guild
>start playing less because of University
>after missing a few raids they cut me off completely

God, what a bunch of faggots.

Its funny how mmo died out. Even rts evolved into mobas. People just dont have time playing mmo anymore.

>not wanting that extra dodge for being the guild MT
>being any of the other alliance manlet races

5% stam > 1% dodge

Serves you right for making something of your life user.

BAN WOJAK

Things ain't how you thought they were
Nothing have you planned

just filter me if you dislike it bro. these threads usually go well with people telling stories

TBC was the beginning of the end. It was the expansion that steered the gameplay towards instanced content, metagame, esports, shrinked the world, introduced stat inflation, etc.

Every single thing that ruined WoW can be traced back to BC. Short, linear dungeons clustered around a main "hub" (auch, HFC, tempest) and divided into four sections, instead of huge sprawling dungeons, even further instancing and sterilization of PvP (from world pvp to battlegrounds to 2v2 metagame wankery), welfare gear (badge vendors), le fake dedicated world pvp zone (sunwell plateau), neutral cities, hard division of endgame content from the rest of the world (outland was literally a separate zone without integration to the main game, barred by a 58+ level requirement), etc etc.

It actually started late vanilla (dire maul and battlegrounds as an example), but the changes weren't so pervasive as to sabotage core gameplay and the "free roam PnP adventure" design elements of early vanilla still had enough influence to hold the game together.

BC took the first drastic steps to completely restructure the game around a different gameplay philosophy and shift the focus from a "world" to a collection of instanced minigames with a main lobby hub as a point of entry. And that's why ALL BC zones were locked behind loading transitions, they needed to isolate the vanilla world ecosystem, neuter it and build a completely different game on top of it.

off course, was mainly talking Alliance

only thing close would be Human with their weapons skill

I wonder if blizzard will make legacy after last expantion. They already made SC remaster.

Pretty much. Also flying ruined everything in the long run.

Remember how you felt when first watching this, Sup Forums?
youtube.com/watch?v=w2IvDjY3CtQ

agreed this why TBC is the worst expansion

Your argument about it being in a separate world zone is fucking retarded. By that logic Kalimdor was the beginning of the end because you couldn't walk from EK to it.

Surprised that you didn't mention flying.
A great idea on paper, let players get from point A to B faster
But in reality it neutered world interaction between players.

what's wrong with dire maul you shit?

>Legion WoW
>want to join a guild
>can't because Blizzard removed socialization

You're missing the point entirely.
When a large amount of the player base is lvl 70 and doing shit in the expansion area it leaves the rest of the game world feeling empty since there was no reason to go back unless you needed to AH shit.

>Stockton/Tigole talking about Azjol-Nerub being this vast beautiful underground zone filled with Nerubian temples and other shit that would also have a Raid instance
>it's just a shitty hole in the ground with one of the shortest instances in the game
The beginning of the downfall.

So expansions shouldn't raise the level cap? Cataclysm added some new zones into Kalimdor and EK but you didn't see many max level people running around in the lower level zones.

No matter what they did it still would have left the majority of the world "feeling empty"

LFM VC, lvl 18+ pls

The problem is, new expansion makes all previous expantions useless.
I personally think blizzard will eventually scale all zones like in legion and call it a day for legacy servers.

>legacy servers.
You're braindead if you think Blizzard will ever make those.

>VC
You disgust me.

They call it “pristine realm”
>So what can we do to capture that nostalgia of when WoW first launched? Over the years we have talked about a “pristine realm”. In essence that would turn off all leveling acceleration including character transfers, heirloom gear, character boosts, Recruit-A-Friend bonuses, WoW Token, and access to cross realm zones, as well as group finder. We aren’t sure whether this version of a clean slate is something that would appeal to the community and it’s still an open topic of discussion.
>castrated version of broken game
Wtf i love blizzard now.

How do you do that kind of search

so whatever happened to this "partnership"?

there are a bunch of archive websites like desu archive, archive4plebs, etc with archives from years back for different boards and not just the month~ it lasts here

just google any of them and search there

>People still unironically like two versions of a game where half the content, including all of the better content, are locked behind paywalls
I SHIGGY NO DIGGY

>It's a Vanillafag circlejerk episode

>Want to do DM?
>Which branch?
>What do you mean which branch?
>DM West?
>Well it is in Westfall
>No it isn't

Yes that's the point
You shouldn't make the entire game obsolete aside from the new content, it makes the world feel empty and dead.
Does increasing the level cap really add anything to the game? Not really, its just an arbitrary number

>Play on Nostalrius
>Westfall general chat is literally a 24/7 argument of calling it DM or VC

Mark Kern is retarded and the Nostalrious people are massive cowards and jews.

Then you'd just be crying that they added new raids and dungeons that either:

A) Rendered all raids and dungeons before them pointless
or B) Are so difficult that no one except the top 1% can experience them because they've gotten the last 40 raid patches on farm

If I could legit quit my job and play through the entirety of WoW from Vanilla to MoP using almost the same patch release schedule (fuck the nearly year-long downtime between expansions) I would do it in a heartbeat. Nothing will ever match the magic I felt playing the game during a time when I had all the free time in the world from high school into undergrad. Now that kind of no-life play is impossible. Used to level alt after alt once my main was geared in the best PvE and PvP gear. Grinding BG's during BC and Wrath was fucking amazing.

Just would be awesome to see all that shit for the first time again when it's relevant. I have so many fond memories from the PvP of Quel"Danas that just wasn't recreated on the Timeless Isle like I wanted to. By that point I had graduated undergrad before MoP release and was working full-time. Never got into MoP like I was into Vanilla, BC, and Wrath. Still can't decide betwee Wrath and BC as my favorite time of WoW. I loved BC more for the PvP but Wrath was just more fun on the PvE side of things.

>level 16 dude asks you to DM
>wait you mean in Feralas? okay!
come on son

This was never an argument in Vanilla, revisionist. Everyone called it DM. Nobody fucking ran Dire Maul enough to call it anything but the very specific thing you needed from it like trib runs or lock quest.

Fucking kids.

Thank you user you are nice
>tfw you find that thread you made 2 years ago about new year goals

Fucking toddler, no one called it DM except for RETARDS probably like yourself

Depends on where you're from, it's a regional thing. People on my server all called it VC.

>Grinding BG's during BC and Wrath was fucking amazing.
It's a shame I don't have my old account anymore, I'd love to see my /played on my paladin. All I did was BGs in BC (I fucking love AV). Probably have months of game time in there alone

I don't really care about that, i just wanted the world to feel alive. What's the point in a MMO if 90% of the zones are completely empty?

fuck off with your legacy shit

>Had progressive screenshots of my warlock from 2005 to current WoW
>Lost all the Cata and earlier ones in a hard drive failure

Holy fuck loved AV. Mainly because I was still somewhat new to WoW PvP as a whole and just played rogue and would camp random flags and take all the mines. Being a rogue in BG's was some of the most comfy PvP I've played in any game. Yeah it's a bitch move but just being able to take a break from the fighting was so nice.

>Heard there was a cool troll dungeon in the desert
>Gather a bunch of randoms in Stormwind
>Get lost on the way to the dungeon, go on a long adventure
>Camping and telling stories while hiding from high level horde gankers
>Get to the dungeon and get our asses handed to us by the boss
>We return to the inn to drink and duel other people

Fuck those days were so fun. The game just has no community now, cross-realm and dungeon finder ruined all that shit. It was a pain getting a group and finding the dungeon at times but the journey was half the adventure and I met a lot of cool people doing it.

90% of the zones would be empty anyways when people got to max level.
Get it through your fucking skull, no matter what happened the world would still have been dead outside of capital cities and high level zones.

I cant be arsed to set up tons of mods but i'm about to roll on a private server

I have the following so far
>Improved Error Frames
>Atlas
>Aux
>Bartender
>MobInfo
>One Bag
>X Loot
>SW Stats
>Luna Unit Frames

Cant think of anything else terribly important outside of that - i'm playing a Warlock though so a DoT/Buff timer would be real nice. I used Classtimer on Retail but apparently that's not around.

I know that feel.
I have a Photobucket account which I used from 2005-2011ish and had tons of old screenshots in it from the game.
I can still login the account and see the old thumbnails but when I click they won't load the full images.

>first gold
>first level 40/mount
>first level 60/epic mount
>all gone
same here man, i fucking want them back

>playing as a degenerate race willingly
Doesn't matter what bonuses they have, if you're playing as an elf, you're better off dead.

>NEET again
>Could do anything I want
>End up doing nothing

Is this even life? Give me purpose. Why couldn't I be born a medieval farmhand, my fate ironed from the cradle to the grave. Why couldn't I be a glorious warrior, put to the blade in the sands of an arena?

I lead this un-life, and the world won't even blink when I exit this universe. I'm dust.

Tell me about it. You'd spend several days or weeks if you didn't play a long time in a single zone while leveling to 60. Chat was always full, the people usually already in a zone. Doing the same dungeon with the a few people you did it a few days ago with. Good shit.

Clearly you didn't play Vanilla then because that wasn't the case, not until they turned the game into "Sit in town queueing for dungeons/pvp simulator" , and also put all max level players on 1 island in outland nullifying the old world.

> Currently playing on a customer class server in the wrath client
>It's locked to vanilla
>reliving the old questing and world

I missed this

None of us have that same kind of time anymore man. Sure there was the occasional old dude or mom figure in your guild but most of us were in school of some kind with a ton of free time.

Thinking about spending what little free time I have now on one single game with no finish line in sight makes me shudder. Rather just play some one-off competitive matches of whatever is FOTM and pound out some older single player games I never got to play during my WoW years. I missed too much.

>Even rts evolved into mobas.
Please be baiting user, for your own sake.

>remembering the times I had my horde friends take my new horde rogues there to farm the defias mask

HUH

Yes, in vanilla it was not the case

This is because the game was still relatively new and growing and as such had a steady stream of new players progressing through the levels. The result of this was that you were far more likely to encounter players of your level across different zones. Fast forward 2 more years and the player numbers have stagnated, new players are fewer and further between, old players have already made it to max level and jump right into the expansions. This makes for a "dead" overworld in your eyes because the majority of the playerbase is enjoying the new content rather than going through the older stuff.

Now I can't defend the queue for dungeon in the capital mentality that has grown in the game since Vanilla, but you're crazy if you think that not adding in new, higher level zones, wouldn't have eventually resulted in the same death of Azeroth's zones that we experienced.

You're blinded by your nostalgia and cannot comprehend that your idea of freezing the game in vanilla zones wouldn't be just as harmful to the playerbase as the addition of new, segregated areas like Outland and Northrend.

actually League of Legends is where all the WoW players went dude. RTS players certainly aren't playing that shit rofl
competitive RTS was never really popular to begin with, It was only popular for single player and for the online minigames, 95% of StarCraft/Warcraft 3 players never played 1v1 competitive ladder modes.

That's also true. I don't think I'd be able to replay vanilla now because of time constaints. Plus no way any of my rl friends would go back to that kind of grind now either. In a way I'm glad they won't bring back vanilla servers even though I really wanna play em.

We all have something that make us feel less lonely, this just happened to be ours.
I wish the fact we all shared this was enough to have the same effect.

I had a rogue as well, along with my paladin. I've had countless duels with the other faction in their bunkers, trying to hold on just a few seconds more so we'll destroy it, using every cooldown and trick in the book. Best feeling in the world when you single-handedly attack and capture an enemy structure often facing superior numbers and firepower (I was kinda shit-geared)

i leveled two chars in vanilla. the second one at the end of vanilla just 2 months before BC. even then the zones were full of people leveling on my mid size server

I'm not a game designer, i'm not gonna pretend to know how to make an expansion where they don't nullify the old world, I'm just saying the way expansions were done was not great.

And i still play vanilla WoW on Elysium and the old world does still feel alive. It's things like:
1. You have to actually run to the dungeons. You can't just use summoning stone to get there.
2. You have to group up with other players to farm gold efficiently i.e. Frostmaul e'ko, Devilsaur farming, DM Jump runs
3. World buffs/Faction rep gets people out into the world.
4. World pvp is way more of a thing, I love wpvping
5. You have to go to the Battleground entrances to buy pvp consumables/rep rewards.
6. Leveling takes a long time so more people are in the world. No recruit a friend or level 20 mounts and such.
7. There's no Flying mounts.
8. Leveling professions / Farming low level mats / Farming twink items
9. Ganking people inside major cities/raiding cities, in Shattrath you can't pvp.

I could go on. Yes, you're right that even in Vanilla most 60's just stand around AFK in ironforge but there are more reasons to go out across the world and more things putting people out in the world than there were in BC and Beyond.

As much as I reminisce about travelling across the world to the various summoning stones of the dungeons after forming a group, that shit was tedious as fuck. Used to rage hardcore when people would immediately leave group if you took more than 30 seconds to get to the stone and would refuse to run themselves.

Scarlet Monastery was always my least favorite because of the constant Alliance presence which always ended in the two people making it to the stone getting chain ganked until everyone else in the party left. These days this kind of shit would make me quit a game for good. Just don't have nearly that sort of time. Especially not to take 2+ hours to run a single dungeon for what amounts to less than half a level in exp.

>i'm not gonna pretend to know how to make an expansion where they don't nullify the old world
It would be impossible with the way MMOs are designed. The only solution would be to design it like a single player game.

Ah fuck the amazing joy of capping snowfall on my rogue and guarding that shit with my life only to have the entire horde chat blow up with "WHY DID YOU CAP SNOWFALL YOU NOOB"

I loved the fuck out of the massive turtle and the insane battle over SHB. Would sneak around back and kill stragglers and try to backcap everything and push the Alliance in until we reached the deathbridge. God I loved those days.

I miss my runescape gf

>farming and shit in silithus/epl etc on a pvp server
>tfw you see your arch nemesis
youtube.com/watch?v=cOy6hqzfsAs

I wish I had the rose-tinted glasses for vanilla people seem to have. Only thing I really miss are the weather effects and text scrawl for quests.

>me and a friend play Arena on private server
>we sometimes win but mostly getting rekt
>make 2 other accounts and try to queue against them

Why is nostalgic so strong? Also does anyone know any more pvp old school videos with AMV-tier music like this? They are gold
youtube.com/watch?v=ja1j7xWpB3w&t=2s

They fucked the expansions up.

They should have added content via side-expansions. Keep tacking on zone after zone, both max-level and low-level. Keep the old instances and raids relevant. Keep the level cap at 60.

Keep instancing to a minimum (in vanilla wow there were only 4 separate instances. Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, battlegrounds, and dungeons). Don't keep adding extra continents that require a loading screen to get to. It makes the world feel small and segregates the playerbase.

add zones that are pvp-focused with capturable cities (like wintergrasp)

NO FLYING MOUNTS FFS

NONE OF THIS SERVER-PHASING MERGE BULLSHIT

no resilience gear. have you seen PvP in wrath? Takes several minutes to kill someone. You need the pew pew action of vanilla pvp. PvP should be over within a minute.

As the world gets bigger over time, and server technology improves, increase the server capacity to keep the population huge.

the main reason I like vanilla is because the PVP is more fun
I hate how in BC and beyond they gave everyone 10 million health and healers are literally invincible, and all the CC's only last for 8 seconds.

Vanilla feels more raw and brutal, big damage, long CC's.

>Keep the old instances and raids relevant. Keep the level cap at 60.
If they keep adding more and more 60 content the gear would still need to be better for progression and eventually there would be a huge gap between new 60's and old 60's.

>no resilience gear. have you seen PvP in wrath? Takes several minutes to kill someone. You need the pew pew action of vanilla pvp. PvP should be over within a minute.
This. Watch these two videos. The PVP in vanilla was tense as fuck. Any second you could get blown the fuck up. But you could also blow everyone else up. Fights required skill and positioning. After resilience gear, PVP fights turned into rotation spamming.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dkb-oPtdcog&t=1m20s

youtube.com/watch?v=pfjrG39smH0&t=32s

>When they put Cheap Shot and Kidney Shot on the same DR
The day I quit the game for good.

I remember PVP being pretty shit unless you were a Warlock or Paladin.

>whaaa, i can't keep people in perma stun with no skill anymore
Off your self at your earliest convinience

>If they keep adding more and more 60 content the gear would still need to be better for progression and eventually there would be a huge gap between new 60's and old 60's.
So what? Does it matter?

You're okay with there being a huge gap between level 110s and level 60s, so why would you not be okay with there being a huge gap between a level 60 player with full T16 gear and a level 60 with dungeon set 1?

In vanilla there were raids added that had side-upgrades. Look at MC, ZG, Ony, and AQ20. All four of those raids had pretty similar levels of gear. A noob guild would raid all four of those at the same time, and would get the same quality of gear across all four. They could keep adding shit like that. And with an ever-growing server population, you wouldn't struggle to find a group for any of them.

If you add side-content to the game, it prevents guilds from only having 1 or 2 raids to do each week.