Really, no thread?

Really, no thread?

What faction are you guys playing? High Elves re%
streamable.com/orwyp

>Droopy, to battle!
>Anything you say, Mr. Malekith, sir

High elves are better for your first walkthrough right? I'm gonna play them all eventually, so I'm just asking.

My guys keep saying dookie and its making me laugh and lose battles

when are we getting blood?

Wait, 2? Didnt the first one only come out like a year ago? Is this age of sigmar or the old pointless obsolete setting?

Enjoy.

Back in my day we called this an expansion pack.

RATS>ALL

>walkthrough

used to build a new PC every time a Total War game came out, haven't even bothered looking at this game

Total War is dead to me

Basically an expansion.

Once completed, map will merge with Total Warhammer 1.

Apparently, Total Warhammer 3 is also due at some point. The 3 games should end as one "supergame" eventually.

this

always vote on skaven

I want to try Skavens first, but I'm afraid they'll be too much fun and that I won't have any interest in other races afterwards.

Though frog-people look pretty cool too.

I picked Malekith and I'm having a good time, I don't usually pick edgelord characters but he's pretty charismatic, more so than the dudes of Chaos.

Saurus infantry and incredible.

playthrough*

My bad.

I want the combined campaign now tbqh

>I'm not loyal enough to the Empire for this shit

The deadpan expression in the face of horrible monsters always gets me
They've been through too much to care at this point

That's unironically a pretty badass screenshot

>when Queek yells "HORNED RAT NOTICE ME!"

If nothing else TWW is great for screenshots

Put "Total War" or "Warhammer" in the OP you fucking dingus
Anyway I'm loving it, goddamn it's fun, playing lizardboys.

But is it just me or are the load times way worse now?

yeah they felt pretty dman slow for me
also feels weird not having the map modded to be darker, shit seems too bright jesus

Fuck, is there any way I can speed up my units movement speed on the campaign map like you can with the other factions? So much time is spent watching your lords walk from one base to another.
It used to be you pressed space while in the campaign map but now it doesn't work.

Dunno but it'll be free if you bought the blood DLC in the last one

Kroxigors are god-like early.

>Ah, right in the nuts.

I'M SICK OF ALL THESE FUCKING RATS

Why are saurus warriors so fucking baller
Honestly even the skinks are useful too, but those saurus wreck shit
I haven't even gotten kroxigors or cold ones yet but fucking hell

first TW game. any tips on what to do in campaign/battles where you have the disadvantage?

i find in the campaign i kill a couple enemy armies, get a couple settlements, and then run into way stronger bigger armies and i dont know what to do other than camp my lords in a settlement and wait for military buildings to build

Press R my brethren

Saurus were the best core infantry in tabletop outside of chaos warriors and maybe some ogre units, so they're definitely pretty high tier for how quickly you can get them.
The blessed spawnings are pretty ridiculous as well

How can you speed up enemy turns? This shit is driving me nuts waiting around. Theres an option on the ingame menu but its still slow as fuck

Top left corner, the camera button.
>1.5k price tag
I nearly didn't get them. They fucking convinced me otherwise when about 6 of the boys at rank 5 and about 9 skink cohorts held off 1 and a half of the chaos interdiction armies for the first ritual then did it again when another full stack came barreling through. Them boys is heroes and I love how defending on settlement maps now actually gives a defensible spot.

currently conquering the desert with kroq gar, tho normal mode appears to be a bit too easy, i thought his starting position was considered hard so i didnt turn up the difficulty more as im not that big into Total War, but right now i faceroll pretty much any army i come across my only issue beeing public order

Not so fast Shit-rat

The difficulty changes the bonuses the AI armies get so be careful when jacking up the difficulty. Easy start position dudes will be more or less the same but Kroq-gar is actually in a terrible spot for the first few turns but develops into a great one. That skaven to the south will be at nearly one and a half stacks when you first move down with your 13 or so dudes.

Am I autistic for thinking the Lizardmen aesthetic is fucking awesome

No, you're autistic for being autistic, not for thinking ancient aztec aesthetics are radical.

Best faction when.

Almost certainly first major DLC before the end of the year

But Skaven are shit when matched up against Lizardmen untill they bring lategame units.

At some point i just used my garrison to defend against rats.

>choke point battle
>Two units of saurus warriors
>three units of skinks cohorts
>Place Saurus warriors in front of one of the chokepoint
>Skink cohort slightly behind the other choke point
>Dumb AI always rushes the entire skaven force against the two saurus unis
>saurus never ever break
>Attack from the back with skink cohort
>Get bored so start cycle charging with skinks

Maybe its just the AI beeing bad but early game rats just seem awfull

Any lord that has an intro is probably fine.

They said it should be just a few weeks at most, so probably before the combined map.

Kangz are pimp af

Well, the crown of the Phoenix King was ACTUALLY rightfully his, so it makes sense.

what are each races strongest strength and weakest weakness?

Cool blog post.

It's literally more content than the first game. How is that not sequel worthy?

And does anyone know how to deploy heroes? Do you not need to deploy them anymore?

higher difficulties also confer in battle bonuses to units as well meaning those clanrats are now going somewhat even with your sauri in terms of value. Combine with the fact that they'll always have more makes a dangerous game.

Eh, not really. They weren't a monarchy despite the ruler being called a king. Phoenix kings were elected.
He probably still would have fucked up everything because mommy tells me what do.

I mean, it's bit rude to elect the other guy because you fear the other guy's mother, and also dislike that he's so well martially trained because of defending against multiple Chaos incursions.

>Phoenix kings were elected.
Aenarion was the first though, and granted he was "elected" to the position its not like it was established either way how succession would be handled until after he fucked off.

On a scale of maybe to never what're the odds Arkhan gets his pimp chariot that got cut out of later editions of the tabletop.

It's made out of the corpse of a manticore and flies around the battlefield

The biggest problem for me are their skirmisher, they are fast and skinks aren't good enough to kill them quickly early on

>want this game so badly
>been wanting to get it since it was announced
>poor as shit
:(

You couldn't manage to save up $60 in the last several months?

Played WH1 pretty thoroughly. Not gonna touch the sequel. First game had so many mechanical flaws that became frustrating as hell, all of which has just been brought over and given a new coat of paint. CA has always been shit at fixing mechanical issues in their games. WH1 was a fun and novel experience, but CA needs to get back to making Medieval 3.

I can't afford to drop $60 on a game. I'm a student and a wagecuck. Gotta use money for groceries, tuiton, and rent

>Medieval 3
>imblying this one be a novel experience too

>person who dislikes TWWH is a historyfag
Really makes one contemplate.

Most of the issues come from the engine itself, which has been one of the shittiest aspects of the game series since Rome 2. I have no clue why CA keeps using it, it's possibly the worst engine I've ever played. It was bad enough they used it for WH, which is the only thing keeping their company afloat, but to hang on to it for the sequel and on is just a slap in the face.

Tl;dr- If CA ever does make Med3, it will most likely use the Rome 2 engine, and likewise suck just as badly.

why are lizardmen so fuckin broken

Because they are the Old Ones' chosen people, the patrician master race.

>3 settlement province
>conquer two
>allied Ai take the last one

broken how? Underpowered or overpowered?

>not playing as Mommy Elf and rewarding your son with good boy points

I thought the combined map came out with the release of the game. feelsbad

She probably jacked him off as a kid like Japanese moms do to their boys.

>first total war game
>playing on easy to learn the basics

If only easy mode just affected enemy AI because ally AI is dumb as bricks too.

I sent an intervention force to stop the Dark Elves and this dumb ass lizard just walked back and forth until the attrition brought his army down to barely anything and he got stomped by Malk

They've stated multiple times that the combined campaign is coming out weeks/months after release.

SKINKS ARE CUTE

She did a LOT more than jack him off, user...

How long will the load times be for non-SSD users?

Of course she did. What kind of mother doesn't help her precious little boy grow into manhood?

>buy g2a global key because save a tenner because Australia
>steam won't accept the key
>bought from a seller with huge rep

Bravo

Tickets filed with both g2a and paypal

Please elaborate.

I was playing a multiplayer campaign with my friend earlier, I'm using an SSD and he isnt, and it took at least 2 minutes longer for him to load anything, and that was just the standard WH2 campaign.

The combined map will take a shitload longer to load due to the number of factions.

We have practically the same PC (i7 4970k, 1070) except for SSD / HDD.

It was extremely heavily implied that Malekith and Morathi had a 'special' relationship

..before it was retconned, that is

I preordered it off bundle stars. You get 18% off and It works perfectly fine.

>blessed by evil
>involves chaos
what a dumb trope--nice choice, CA

EIGHTY
SIX
AUSTRALIAN
DOLLARS

I refunded that shit almost immediately. Maybe in 5 years when they're all out and playable together they might be worth it in a sale.

That is such a specific question, who the fuck knows/cares. Download it and find out.

It kinda isn't. The recent total war games take an eternity to load if they aren't on an SSD.

>be australia
>want to play videogames
>everything costs over $85 a piece
>steam won't sell in Australian dollars
>"global" keys more often than not forget Australia exists
>internet so shit it takes about a week for anything to download legit or pirated
>government is full UK tier no-fun allowed
>can't even drink yourself to death because booze taxes + GST
>go to turn the airconditioner on on +40 degree days because its any month other than july and august
>entire powergrid goes out because you remember the government committed to that 50% renewable energy target
>still get charged $600-800 a quarter in power bills
>go to have a cold shower to avoid paying the electricty
>get a $300 water bill
>drought comes
>have to take 60 second showers and get charged $800 for water instead

HAHHAHA MATE ITS THE LUCKY COUNTRY LOOK AT OUR HIGH MINIMUM WAGE HAHAHAHHA BE AMERICAN GET SHOT HAHAHAHAH

I just want old australia back

>BE AMERICAN GET SHOT
>no guns to be shot with
Sorry aussies

Don't forget
>no jobs
>plenty of immigrants though
>and they're all willing to work for half the minimum wage getting paid in cash under the counter

This country is a disgrace.

t h i s

>say anything about our spiralling youth unemployment, underemployment, spiralling house prices, crazy cost of living, etc etc
>get ganged up on by both libertarian types of commies: "HAHAHAH STOP BEING RACIST YOU'RE JUST USELESS HAHAHAHA"

Literally every day after they dismantled the white australia policy we've been in freefall, and no one is gonna save us.

I just vote for shitposting now, I want Pauline to save us, but I doubt it.

I want Clive Palmer to run for the senate from Qld so I can vote for him, it would be hilarious to see him in parliament again with TimTam Nationalism

desu though, I can't wait for the road war

>houses are unaffordable
>clearly the solution is to increase taxes and have even more welfare for first home buyers instead of just STOP IMPORTING FUCKING CHINKS AND SUDOS AND ARTIFICIALLY PROPPING UP DEMAND
I long for the sweet embrace of death.

"hahaha mate you're just being a racist conspiracy theorist, this land isn't owned by chinamen its owned by these trust funds managed in australia that happen to have chinese businessmen as the beneficiaries hahahaha"

>kids on student visas can work for 10 hours a week
>they work for less
>they will get fucked over more because they don't understand our labour laws
>10 hours a week is perfect for a normal australian uni student to have a balance between work and study
>its all taken over by chinks

and
>the foreign student supplements his income by buying baby formula and selling it back to china at a 500% markup

I really really really really fucking hate chinks so goddamned much. At least with these arabs and blackcunts they're fucking useless and just sit on neetbux, gooks are actually an existential threat to our existence.

I have to deal with chonger business people at work, they're cancerous.

How is the performance? Is it the same as in the first game or worse? I can run the first game on ultra but with AA on FXAA and with some fps drops in really big battles. Will I be able to keep those settings here?

CA have said they have a separate team working on a historic title. They also said they were making a new engine for it.

Definitely. Every Lord needs a mount and CA have dedicated warhammer fans in it's staff and will suggest it as a mount.

>birthday is right before WH2 launch
>learn on /vg/ that there's a way to get it for $34, but only for pre-order
>get the cupon and punch in card info
>card instantly denied, bank puts a hold on card to the next day
>tfw i just wanted to play WH2

Just call the bank and have them approve the purchase next time. Better yet, if you have a local branch walk in and have them do it right then and there. Is it a debit card?

>charge full price for an expansion
>get rid of auto-generated maps in favor of a laughably small pool of repeating battlefields

I swear every dev company gets exponentially greedy with success.
Instead of being happy with a wildly profitable game and reinvesting towards bettering it, they cut more corners.