Srly, i tried Tales of Berseria yesterday, but aside combat the game is goddawful...

Srly, i tried Tales of Berseria yesterday, but aside combat the game is goddawful, the main character is like playing with shadow the hedgehog but worse, so after all these years can we agree that Vesperia/Abyss are still the best tales of in the serie?, specially Vesperia.

Í liked xillia better than both

>Vesperia babies on it again
wew

vesperia the best in the serise by far. to bad they will never give us the best version beacuse reasons.

Same, something about xillia was just magical

>at least tell us what is your fav one

i still pisses me off that they don' bring it to NA

Vesperia had a great cast, a subpar plot, a lot of content, and solid gameplay. But there are other Tales games that had better gameplay (I personally prefer Destiny DC and Hearts R's gameplay, for example) and a better plot. I love Vesperia, but sometimes I wonder how it got to be so popular to the point where some people tell others to only play it and not to bother with any other game in the series.

>its a nostalgia retard shitting on the latest game episode

Berseria at least has a proper story/plot

Vesperia is garbage halfway through

Oh boy, you did it now.
Vesperia reddit fanbase is gonna come after you with pitchforks.

They really give us a bad name. I wish they'd just quiet down and go play vesperia, but they'll never do that.

The combat is probably the worst part of the game, though. It has a good cast and entertaining character interactions, and the story is decent enough up until the point it stops being a revenge story.

Seems like a lot of ppl still hates on the best tales of game for being x360 only.

Did you even read the thread?
People are hating the Vesperia fanbase.

There has been a ps3 patch for fucking years though.
So if anything sonynnigers got the superior version.

I feel like people hate the newer games just because they want to cling to some kind of nostalgia. I have more hours spent in Zestiria than any other Tales game, and I consider both it and Berseria to be 2 of the better games in the franchise.

>Zestiria

MUH ALISHA NOOO FUCK BABA

>I have more hours spent in Zestiria than any other Tales game
You have brain damage.

But it's third best after Vesperia (the real version) and Abyss.

Tales of Zestiria is a prime example of an alright game being completely carried by its music. There are a number of games I will play solely to listen to music.

>There are a number of games I will play solely to listen to music.
You are literally autistic.

anime games were never good

>game carried by Music

how fucking sad is that? i can understand when some faggot played a game for just the story and character but Music?

you got issues man.

I dont exactly understand why. Hearing music is often what evokes that feeling of nostalgia, and music can make or break the emotions that you experience while playing a game. Imagine Nier Automata without its soundtrack, its still a good game, but nowhere near the level that the music elevates it to. Just listening to the soundtrack is enough to leave me in tears.

Music is equally as important as gameplay, and honestly for me its more important.

>Music is equally as important as gameplay, and honestly for me its more important.
You are literally autistic.

Zestiria might be subpar but it has best girl Lailah!

rip

Im sure that dragon fight in the middle of Zestiria wouldve been just as entertaining with the Barney song playing the in the background then

Why a fight?
You could just have a cutscene with music according to you.

There is no win or lose scenario in a cutscene, part of the magic of music is playing and letting it set the mood. Gameplay is still important, but gameplay alone cannot carry a game. I will often intentionally roleplay to the music, when lulls are happening I will play like shit to match up my character/parties state to the music.

>Vesperia is garbage halfway through
it dips in quality, but it's not outright bad. I do wish the game was shorter, simple because it's obvious just how much they dragged out certain scenarios.

I did, however, partly make up for it with some great boss battles and nice story moments.

Vesperia was my favorite tales before Berseria came out. You could do a lot of interesting combos in Vesperia but there were little reason to not just do double Dragon Swarm chains so it was the same buttonmash as Berseria but with one combo instead of 4. And the cast of Berseria is simply above Vesperia's.

Fuck shimoneta

>Zestiriafags
>Symphoniafags

>gameplay alone cannot carry a game
thank god you faggots didn't exist in the 80's...the genre would have died then and there

Berseria beats Vesperia simply because it has best girl in it

>Pic unrelated