I have this game so fucking much the graphics are fine sound design is fine all good the combat is fucking horrendous...

I have this game so fucking much the graphics are fine sound design is fine all good the combat is fucking horrendous I'm sorry guys I want to to play and enjoy the game but the combat is horrible it doesn't feel like I'm actually controlling it. I'm sure everything around that is good but I can't stand a game with shit combat will you guys ever forgive me?

I hate* fuck I should have typed this out on pc

Use FCR to speed up the combat and make it more brutal

Why the FUCK do you kids ALWAYS complain about the combat? Tell me, what the fuck is your problem?

No, don't tell me - you've never held a mouse in your hands? Never ever played a REAL CRPG before? No, that nu-age Souls shit does not count.

I bet you've never even bothered to think why they WERE called "ROLE playing games", instead of "Hack & slash games with level-up systems"? That's right: because you're supposed to do OTHER things than kill shit!

And when it comes to killing shit, TW1 is fucking BASIC AS HELL. At least if you were born before the year 2000. No, you are NOT in direct control of it, that's not the type of gameplay you should even expect from fucking CRPGs! Rather, you issue "commands" to geralt, and he performs them. Simple and easy, flashy and comfy.

>I should have typed this out on pc
And you're a fucking phone poster to boot? Sweet jesus you people are pathetic.

>FCR
And here comes the "mod it away" homos.
No son, FCR is NOT a "fix" of any sort. It's a CHALLENGE MOD for veterans of the game, and FULL of problems.

We just had a thread about this yesterday: FCR IS AWFUL, and a lil' bitchboi like OP, who clearly can't even click on NPCs and use quick keys, would just rage quit twice as fast as he's already doing now.

I will never forgive you.

>Use FCR to speed up the combat and make it more brutal
FCR just fucks up the game beyond salvation.
Are you fucks the same kind of morons as those idiots still recommending the COMPLETE mod in STALKER threads?

Oh look, it's THIS thread again...
Why don't your kind of casuals just return to their chest-high wall 3rd person shooters?

Thanks user.
I love crpgs user. Are Fatalis is my favourite PC game ever along with the under world series and I love Fallout 2 I just find this combat completey mindless the tutorial was dog shit also Hell I've been playing Tyranny lately and thought that was pretty good had some quirks I didn't like but enjoyed it.
>And you're a fucking phone poster to boot? Sweet Jesus you people are pathetic
I was pooping.
Sorry user
Shit conflicting opinions

There are no good mods for Witcher 1.
Combat is fucking fine. Learn to use the Sword Stances and Signs.
Obviously you start to perform better when you level-up and get better gear.

The sequels totally butchered the great gameplay and UI design of Witcher. No, I'm not being ironic here.

He didn't complain the combat was difficult. Just that it was bad. And it fucking is. It's a goddamn click fest. And don't try to say all CRPG's are like that, because they aren't. Icewind Dale and ToEE are not "CLICK. CLICK. CLICK" in a rhythm that just feels monotonous. You plan shit out the way you want, then you let it happen, then you repeat. Witcher 1's combat is some of the most bland and boring shit I ever suffered through in an RPG, and I was one of the fags who bought Wizardry 8 instead of Morrowind without realizing my mistake. It ruins an otherwise fantastic game.

It feels shitty to me like it's trying to be isometric and third person behind the back at the same time it's uncomfortable

That's because it is. It was made with the NWN engine. Had it been exactly like NWN in terms of gameplay? It'd be fucking perfect. But instead they turned it into some frankenstein creation that plays like ass, but has a story/world that redeems the absolute shit gameplay.

Wait Nevrwinter nights rngine really? It feels nothing like that game I fucking love Neverwinter nights.

>He didn't complain the combat was difficult. Just that it was bad. And it fucking is. It's a goddamn click fest.
And that is "bad", because...?
Because it's not a 3D fighting game? Go play Soul Calibur or something.
Because it does not play like the Souls games? Go play one of the many Souls games or clones then.

>Witcher 1's combat is some of the most bland and boring shit I ever suffered through in an RPG
What's with your youngin's lack of attention span AND the ridiculous focus on COMBAT in every single game these days?
I absolutely LOATHE what they did with TW2 and forward, making the fighting into yet another typical "roll on a ground to dodge shit" mess with regenerating HP and all that jazz. Meanwhile, TW1 lets me feel like a motherfucking master Witcher, do that fancy sword dancing he's described to do in books.

>It feels shitty to me like it's trying to be isometric and third person behind the back at the same time it's uncomfortable
You DO know you can literally switch the camera mode to isometric?
Not shitting you. I don't like it, but apparently you should try it.

Yes, really. What's with you people, not knowing these basics?
You do know TW1:EE was a legit GOTY contender of 2007?

>Witcher 1's combat is some of the most bland and boring shit I ever suffered through in an RPG
Witcher 1 is really not a fighting game. Most of my fond memories of my four playthroughs (I only got into the series back in 2013) are either about the cool missions, like the detective story (which I didn't even know how to finish at first), or doing totally unobligatory stuff, like boning chicks, getting married, drinking & gambling, or just grinding for fun & enjoying the superb atmosphere.

>You do know you can literally switch the camera mode to isometric
I did and it's trying to do both and doesn't do either very good.
How the hell was I supposed to know it's engine when it looks nothing like NWN
I wish I could get immersed in the game like you.

>combat is fucking horrendous ...it doesn't feel like I'm actually controlling it
But you are. Not like a real time action game, but more like a top-down RTS.
Instead of trying to play Witcher:EE like the console versions of Dragon Age: Origins, you should be playing it more like the PC version of it: tactically, utilizing top-down view and all your skills. Even avoid combat unless necessary, and prepare for them well in advance with alchemy and supplies.

>I wish I could get immersed in the game like you.
considering that you made it sound like you've not even finished the tutorial, I'd say you're not even giving it a proper shot. Unlike so many more current, MTV-era paced "RPGs", original Witcher is very slow-burn, but also very high-reward. It just requires you to master its basics, and then make the best with them.

>How the hell was I supposed to know it's engine when it looks nothing like NWN
yeah I keep forgetting that not all of us were around in 2007 and don't follow the gaming media actively. And no, an engine does not dictate how a game will look like, and CDP did overhaul it the best they could.

I dunno OP. I'm a filthy newfag when it comes to witcher games and shit, as I did get the first two games just before 3 came out, but I don't remember having any problems with the gameplay of the 1st one. And had honestly never played a role-playing game like it before, I'm more of a FF / Persona type of guy. I didnt even have a proper computer capable of playing anything before 2011, so I'd been a consolefag up until that point. Still really enjoyed the 1st one but did not like 2nd one at all. Haven't touched 3rd game yet.

>combat sucks
>you can literally jump onto a guys shoulders and shove your sword down his throat
>to the fucking hilt
>and then backflip off of him

if john woo was polish and made a video game about sword fighting this would be it

>"B-But muh monotonous clickan...!"

I'll give it another shot user
I was but I was on console

>I'll give it another shot user
Attaboy.
While personally I was sucked into the game practically right from the get-go, I've seen dozens of posts throughout the year stating that the game doesn't feel to "start" proper for some people before chapter 2. And just about every kid in the neighborhood can tell you how awesome the chapter 4 and ending are, but I'd avoid spoiling those.
Like implied earlier, take things slow, try and do stuff, live in the game's world.