Is it good Sup Forums?

is it good Sup Forums?

Is that Arnold fucking Schwarzenegger on that cover?

Probably fucking not.

Fucking no lol

No. Slant Six ruined the series beyond repair and Zipper couldn't bring it back from death.
causing the death of a good developer to save a developer that ended up never making a remotely good game in their entire career.
MAG is dead because of Slant Six.

SOCOM died after 3. I remember the original characters being grounded and realistic (Spectre, Jester, etc.) and in 4 you had these blockbuster movie wannabe chucklefucks.

The US NAVY didnt allow Socom to use their likeness from what I heard, which is why the characters dont look like navy seals

>Refusing free propaganda that is enjoyable and of quality

I wanted to be a SEAL and I'm not even an ameritard.

Will SOCOM ever make a comeback? Probably not right?

Only in an HD remaster at the very most of 2.

too bad it came out just before psn went down

>tfw just wanted to wear woodland bdus and boonie hats while silently murdering 3rd world militia groups

It literally killed Zipper Interactive.

It's THAT bad

Unit 13 on Vita was their last game. They were shut down like a month after that released.

Why people love Socom? is it really better than modern 3rd person shooters?

More tactical than the run-and-gun shooters of the era, but at the same time not super difficult or demanding precision planning and execution.

It had a fun gimmick of being able to voice command your team around and was kind of a mix of third person shooter action and rainbow six mission planning.

It was so bad it killed the franchise, shutdown the studio, and destroyed the fanbase who waited patiently for over half a decade for a proper sequel.

I'm a huge fan of the series and I refused to buy it after playing the beta. It was that fucking bad and I stomached Confrontation until the coldfront update. Grinding and CoD mechanics had no place in the series, but they still did it and it completely bombed because of it. It even sold worse than Confrontation despite actually fucking working, lol!

Socom 4 was a watered down sad reboot.

This game fucking sucked, Confrontation was miles better after the updates.
Gameplay was a casual shit show, tried too hard to be like CoD (from my understanding Sony pressured the devs to copy CoD but idk), didn't have any impact in terms of combat, it was a rather run-and-gun than the previous games were it was all about tactical planning and teamwork.
It didn't have the soul that the previous games had, and I find it funny that people think the game tanked because of the PSN outage, but in reality the game was just shitty.

>He will never reprise his role as Wardog

SOCOMII had a great cast. Fucking Leon S. Kennedy, Bartz Klauser, Micheal Clark Duncan, and PS2 Loki.

F

oh, socom ii... socom iii..

never again. sad.

nowadays the kiddy mode (respawn) of socom is the default of everything else. i learned so much about patience and the reward of delaying gratification, tactical thinking from my time with socom that i only appreciated later. if only i could resist the urge to jack.