Why is Gravity Rush so fun, Sup Forums...

Why is Gravity Rush so fun, Sup Forums? I just got lunar style and spent like three hours just jumping around collecting gems. I never played a game where movement feels so satisfying.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BB18qIu4k8Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it’s a breath of fresh air compared to all the other stuff Playstation offers. It’s a shame the series is practically over now.

Kat is my waifu

Is the PS4 version of the first game 60fps?

Yes

Good. The Vita version is hard to play because of the shit framerate.

>It’s a shame the series is practically over now
Don't remind me, user. Playing it and knowing it's one time only expirience feels sad. But also makes it special.

I still want to get a Vita to play it on for the original experience.

Who would you blame for ending this series?

I actually bought both games because I tried first one on Vita TV and was too annoyed of low resolution and framerate, it looked really bad on my tv.

Sony for not advertising it, but the director said that this was more or less the end anyway, he didn't want to just keep rehashing the same game over and over again.

I plan to buy the figma to support the series anyway!

Consumers. It's a niche series. Also Toyama for failing to make a game that lives up to its potential.

Well, at least second game is absolutely amazing so far. I'm really surprised it's so rarely mentioned when people are talking about PS4 exclusives. To this moment I thought it's just some weird sequel to that gimmicky Vita game but it turned out to be so damn good.

I know there's challenge races in the game, but a few Kat v Raven races would've been cool too.
The game wants you to like Raven but she's kinda stoic and quiet, that mission where she beats the shit out of you for a cake made her more endearing. Needed a bit more of that.

Do jupiter style brings anything to movement? Or it's mostly for combat?

I'd buy the PSN avatars and the home theme, if fucking Sony would let me.

Because they resolved her entire character arc in the DLC. She's got nothing left except eating and yuri-baiting with Kat. And the DLC did do a good job resolving that character arc at least, but she's got nothing left now except being Kat's smarter and more talented friend.

I wonder which one wins in tickle fights!

Faster slide I guess, but mostly combat. Jupiter style attacks are really good at flinching enemies, and the block (which you get instead of the dodge on the ground) is even more so, interrupting even the green nevi.

Mostly for combat. It does increase your falling speed a bit though, and it speeds up the gravity slide.

Same. Kat was the reason I purchased a PS4.

It turns you into an unstoppable juggernaut and increases your speed when you gravity slide. Actual shifting in Jupiter style is finicky, Kat can't change direction in mid-air as quickly as the other styles and momentum keeps her going so you tend to overshoot from where you're aiming.

>every damn house looks like this
t-thanks

Really wasn't a fan of how the sky islands in 2 were all piled together. Half the starter town wasn't bad and the rich quarters were well laid out, but compared to Hekseville that shanty town was just so uniform and drab. Made navigating it for treasure hunts a nightmare and it was just so boring and miserable you never went back there outside of completion or sidequests. And this is a game where exploring and navigating the world map was half the fun.

baby's first bing bing wahoo

I don't know, so far all treasure hunts were fun and kinda easy.

Post more Kat

One day people will love gravity daze

Kat looks good in any outfit

I hope they will. Such games shouldn't be ignored.

>GR3 probably never
Hope it gets a PSN game the size of the GR2 DLC to at least tie up the loose ends.

>end of online support will signify the end of the Gravity Rush franchise
>just another series to add to the pile of dead Sony IPs while Uncharted movieshit eats up the console market
Why do I choose to give my time and money to Sony when it only leads to deep sorrow in the end?

>Get great games
>Games don't get beaten to death with endless sequels
>get sad

Don't be a dork.

Well, at least we got amazing second game. Real shame about online though.

It could be better. Stances were a good idea but they should expand on it. Like areas where you can use one stance exclusively. Imagine the jupiter stance allowing you to pick up trash from the ground while rolling around and being able to form a bolder to crash through walls or something like that. They were mostly useless outside of their own story missions since all had a very similar moveset.

Lunar is super fun to jump around with. It gives you completely different feel of movement. I mean you don't have to use it since you can just shit all the time but it's fun so I'm enjoying it a lot.

Yeah, new movestyles were kind of an afterthought, I only really used them during combat. I thought the emphasis on smaller islands separated vertically lent itself to Lunar style but they never integrated them naturally into navigating the map, they only really saw use when challenge stages forced you to use them. I just stayed in normal style for 95% of my shifting in the game.Not to mention they improved combat somewhat but still didn't make it fun.

Yeah but what if you made a lunar style exclusive level. Something like a place with alot of tiny platforms to jump on and since kat is very light in the stance you can ride on aircurrents to jump even further? Or a water stage where you can't use your regular powers, you could still do objectives on the surface by running in lunar style around while you could do objectives under water when you use the jupiter style. It's small things that would make the whole game more enjoyable in my opinion.

>Do Jupiter style brings anything to movement? Or it's mostly for combat?
The Jupiter slide is the fastest slide, and when fully upgraded you can attack enemies just by sliding into them. But it's difficult to control and steer. It's safer to use a different style for sliding around turns and then just use the Jupiter slide for straightaways.
Jupiter gravity shifting is the fastest version of gravity shifting as well. The downsides are that you can't move Kat with the left stick. It's really nice if you need to travel a long distance.
If you use Jupiter gravity shifting to fly in an upwards direction you can turn off gravity and switch into Lunar mode and the momentum will be conserved and you can keep flying upwards for a bit.

I understand if they don't want to make more GR games because they have finished Kat's story, but it will be really sad if Sony decides to never make more games like it that have new and unique gameplay mechanics just because of GR2's poor sales.
The PS4 exclusive games that sell well are the one from their western studios and those games are basically all creatively bankrupt in terms of how they play and they rely on their story as their main selling point. It would be really sad if Sony decides to never take another risk with their first party games again.

bump

I'm on the last chapter after you beat the slutty angel, and about to start the next mission talking with the golden shiny woman on the rooftop and, after dumping 28 hours into the game and clearing every side mission and challenge, I have to say...
It's not a very good game. The combat and exploration are repetitive, the level/sidemissions design is also repetitive and unimaginative. Technically speaking the low budget really shows, and the writing rarely gets any deep at all.

But man, it still has all the charm, and that's why I've played this much. It's clear the team that made this clearly loved Kat and the project despite not having resources to pull all the shit they would've liked. This reminds me of the PS2 era, and in a good way. Hope the last chapter and the DLC are good.

Also, Kat is love, and her song is amazing.

I forgot to say that the OST is absolutely brilliant.

The free movement is amazing.

Enjoy the ending, it gave me feels. Gravity Rush is a treasure.

I guess it really depends on a player. Some people expected something like Infamous but instead there're missions like playing with a dog. They find it stupid I find it adorable. It's clearly not a game which everyone will like but it's definitely a unique and interesting game much better than standards AAA title which barely different from each other.

I played Infamous: Second Son directly before GR1 and 2, and despite Infamous being way more polished, having way more budget and having more variety in quests etc I still vastly prefer the GR series.
In my head I know it's not they're not mind blowing games quality wise, but I still love them a lot.

Thanks bro, I'll play through in a few hours.

>Gravity Rush is a treasure.
Indeed. We need more games with this attitude. It's hard to explain with words, but the vibes are so different. I'm kinda sad to think it's about to end but well. That's life.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I wasn't expecting Infamous with waifus or anything like that. I came here knowing exactly what I'd get because I played the first one when it first came out. Everything I said, also applies to the first one in my mind. Except this one is a far better game, but the former has an inmense amount of charm too.

I just wish these projects would get more attention and budget so they could be better games in the gameplay and technical department, since everything else is pretty memorable.

End of Act 3 spoilers:
Also, some kind of cutscene between defeating the god-awful angel and the credits on the third act wouldn't hurt, the transition was so abrupt it was kinda jarring. "An explosion!! ... aand credits roll". What

I played the demo and I liked how when she falls her legs bend like she is about to fall on a dick and ride it.

I wonder if people complained about that or something, she doesn't seem to fly with legs akimbo as much in the main game, and tapping X makes her fly like superman.

>I guess it really depends on a player. Some people expected something like Infamous but instead there're missions like playing with a dog. They find it stupid I find it adorable. It's clearly not a game which everyone will like but it's definitely a unique and interesting game much better than standards AAA title which barely different from each other.
Yeah I agree. Some sidequests were pretty bad but I honestly enjoyed most of them. In terms of writing the things you do in the sidequests are mundane (handing out fliers, loading furniture into a truck) but in terms of gameplay they usually become interesting little challenges for you to do (fly into as many people as possible, loading furniture is actually fairly challenging).
The devs really wanted to make as many different challenges and quests for Kat that use all aspects of her abilities, even her non-combat and non-gravity shifting ones so the variety in missions is very nice.
Most games are about killing bad guys and saving the world and that is fine, I have no problem with that, but in GR you end up doing interesting gameplay challenges and quests that are about mundane little slice of life stories, and I really appreciate it for being different and unique.

Is there a way to emulate it or something?
I don't want to buy a PS4 just to play this game and dragon's crown...

It was the Gravity Rush 2 demo by the way. I don't know if I wasn't doing something wrong but I mostly saw her flying ass/pussy first at things. It was kinda hot. Like she is rushing at high speed to nail herself on something, because she really wants it.

>emulate PS4 game

Buy a Vita then they are cheap now.

But someone said ITT that gravity rush doesn't run well on Vita

Kat doesn't really fly. She changes gravity to fall in different directions, so in the air she is usually spinning and twirling out of control because she is in free fall.
>but I mostly saw her flying ass/pussy first at things. It was kinda hot. Like she is rushing at high speed to nail herself on something, because she really wants it.
DON'T SEXUALIZE KAT

Don't mind me, just posting the best music of the series:

youtu.be/BB18qIu4k8Q

But she has a nice butt. I wouldn't mind her landing on my dick. I was amazed they were able to make a PG looking game so sexual for losers like me. I bet it was on purpose. Get the kids AND the neckbeards at the same time.

I'm surprised it's not more popular. I bet the Vita is at fault.

I think it's fine on Vita's screen.

People are forgetting that it's kind of a miracle we got GR2 in the first place. And then it flopped but you can't blame developers or publishers for people's shit taste.

>played remastered
>played 2

Love the world and characters. Flying was a bit awkward at first but fun.

Combat is garbage. It's not fun, and it's hard as fuck to get good at it.

It almost wrecks the experience it's so poorly handled. The final 2 bosses in Gravity Rush 2 were just fucking awful. They were so bad that I'd probably not buy another gravity rush game.

Check this out.

If you groundpound and then change styles just as you hit the ground, you'll bounce up higher than you can jump.
Changing to normal mode sends you higher than the gravity on/off jump, and changing to lunar mode sends you as high as the lunar jump without any charge.

Example

Yes, I am happy that GR2 is even real, but holy shit couldn't Sony have done a little more than nothing at all to market this game in the west? Sony couldn't have been bothered to put a short GR2 trailer in their E3 2016 conference? I understand that it will never sell as much as something like Call of Duty but goddamn...

Another example.
The game's full of seemingly unintentional physics tricks that you aren't taught at all.

Neat.

>Played first GR 2
>This week plat GR Remastered
>Raven actually tried to kill Kat.

I was expecting only hate from Raven to Kat but not this, kinda cool.

And glitches

That's pretty cool! I'll have to try it out later.
There's another way to get the jump distance of the lunar spring jump without having to charge the jump button and that is Lunar slide > jump > L1 almost immediately.

Needed more of this. Less ambiguity and terrible combat.

How do you do that quick fall in lunar style?

I miss the old slide jump trick that was in the demo. It got fixed for the full release, looked really cool.

I always feel bad when I do damage to citizen's life.

But didn't they actually try to market the game more than the first one?

I recall the commercial with the japanese girls and the GR anime shorts for the advertisement of 2, but I never saw anything for the first one when it came out on the Vita.

Not him, but when you upgrade your basic combos there is an attack for all 3 styles that is inputted by pressing Square and X at the same time. The Lunar version is a special kick that also has the effect of making you fall faster.

Damn, thanks. I swear I tried it just before making the post but it didn't work but it is now huh.

I died so many times during that part

Neato

X + Square really fast. Each style has a different ability for this combination.
Normal has a drop kick which only serves as an extra attack. Lunar has a flip which can damage, but it also stops most horizontal momentum and drops you to the ground, which is super helpful for chaining rocket jumps. Jupiter has a ground pound that you can see in the webm.

Is Hekseville in GR2 fully remodelled or just ported from the first game?

The online was my only excuse to keep coming back and experiment with the physics and movement.

I fucking hate sony so much

I doubt its ported, it looks way better.

It's also seemless. You can avoid taking those fucking trains and just fly everywhere.

I don't know I'm more of an ass man.

What is she dreaming about them?

Nice.

I'd say a bit of both. The main structures of the districts are the same, but there are little changes and details sprinkled everywhere, like npcs and smaller structures.

She doesn't have a big butt, but at least is cute.

spikat

Gotta be honest 2B pulls it off better.

Butt this is nice. Pun intended.

>You can avoid taking those fucking trains and just fly everywhere.
You can do the same in first game.

>Ship so bad, drawfags wont even draw awful shit to spite autists

Where the fuck did this even come from

Stop stepping on Kat's head

Don't worry, it's consensual

Yeah, they also changed the lunar slide, so you can no longer "grind" on rails and trees anymore like in this webm. In the final game, if you try to do it, you will just fall off and go to the ground.
Also, in the demo you could perform rapid, consecutive wormhole kicks. With no enemies around you do one wormhole kick and then press R1 and Square at the same time to do another one almost immediately with little recovery time so it was possible to string together multiple teleports together quickly. I'll have to make a webm of it later.

It's remodeled because it has much more detail and it even has a few minor changes that are story related. The colors and lighting in Heckseville are also different now.

REMINDER TO COLLECT 6000 TOKENS BEFORE JANUARY 18, 2018!
>Note: this should not affect Delvool progress as gravity storms are tied to a time based system, meaning you can still plat it

HAVE FUN!