SH2 PC fixes site:
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" is a all-in-one fix, that works as a no-cd crack as well. It is included in the pack.
If you use the NEW fix mentioned in the guide, you can use the sh2proxy's EXE as the no-cd crack!

If you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.
If SH3 runs like shit even on a strong PC, check and lower the Rendering Resolution setting.

SH2-4 do not support Xinput & PS4 gamepads natively. Either use Xpadder, a DirectInput pad, or just play with KB+M.
There's OK emu-settings for SH1 in the guide. If the image of the game does NOT fill your entire screen in fullscreen mode, check your plugin AND GPU control panel's image scaling settings!
Try the PGXP emulator for a lot less wobbly PS1 graphics.

>Protips
-Play in the release order.
-Never play below Normal difficulty.
-Replaying them all is recommended.
-Turn down the ingame Brightness setting,
-Don't try to kill everything that moves, especially outdoors.
-Turning OFF the flashlight can really help.

hanks as always.

Little bummed that SH2 PC has surround sound support but SH3 PC doesn't...

SH3 steam image for shortcuts/big picture

Rate your favorite Silent Hill games.
1>3>2>4

Uhh there wasn't an option to emulate PSX games with the z-buffer fixed or smth like that? it could fix harry polyforming face.

SH2 Steam header

2>1>3>4> shattered mem> homecoming

3>1>2>Downpour>Shattered Memories>Origins>Homecoming
Haven't played 4 yet.

Forbidden Siren > Silent Hill tbqh

I really do love 2, I actually feel bad rating it so low. I just love the atmosphere of 1 and I feel as though 3 is the scariest of them all.

Questions I have

>1. Was Harry autistic?
>2. What happened to his wife?
>3. was Cheryl a reincarnation of Alessa or what
>4. was Alessa still alive or just a ghost?
>5. Why would Dahlia try to make her 14 year old daughter give birth to a demon shouldn't she have waited a bit?
>6. where the FUCK were all the people in the town

Sorry its been about 5 years since I played the original I can't remember a lot of it.

2>SM>1=3>4's prologue exploring the apartment>Downpour>Homecoming> the rest of 4>Origins

Have you seen a z-buffer?

HUH? RADIO?

I'm sorry but this screenshot is in poor taste

>Was Harry autistic?
Nah
>What happened to his wife?
She died, the happenings of which are not touched upon, much.
>was Cheryl a reincarnation of Alessa or what
She was half of Alessa's soul, split into two. That's the infant you see harry picking up, and looking at it with his wife, in the intro cinematic of the game.
>was Alessa still alive or just a ghost?
She was still alive.
>Why would Dahlia try to make her 14 year old daughter give birth to a demon shouldn't she have waited a bit?
The cult is a traditional fascist of the towns history. I don't know other than she was just a crazy fanatic.
>where the FUCK were all the people in the town
iirc, Alessa putting the curse onto the town (the transitions between reality and the otherworld) drove everyone away and left it abandoned.

>Uhh there wasn't an option to emulate PSX games with the z-buffer fixed or smth like that?
Yes, the PCSX-R's "PGXP" fork.

settings for PGXP I saved up ages ago.
You can bump the X & Y rendering resos if you got a beefy PC.

I wish there was more rule 34 of cybil

2 > 1 > 3 >>>> 4 >>>>>>>>>> everything else >>>>>>> downpour > book of shit

I have to play 1 to say.
or four.

so to me it is kinda SH2 = SH3 more or less. I do not want to rank either over the other since both have enough unique, excellent quality of their own which I cannot say makes one better than another. Both are definitely top of the series and fuck you Konami and all the mismanagement in the world for letting worst happen to this series: extreme zombification and whatever.

Fuck makes RE6 REALLY feel not that fucking bad when you seen downpour in action.

Thanks, saved to test out later.
For sure find a way to play 1. It still holds up really well today and I would even consider it scarier than 2 in some cases.

Thanks again for sharing your guides. SH2 with true surround and shit is pretty nice, even if shadows still are not on PS2 level and all of the sound quality and other autistic screeching, but if I want any of that then I just play the PS2 version I have three copies of.

I didn't create the original pasta. But I'll try and post it around anytime I can find a SH thread in the making.

No I have it on PS3 and I have PLAYED it, not finished even once, to be more precise, this same for SH4 and I was pretty far into a SH4 gameplay. I got trolled bad by extrmeem hauntings just because I took the nice guy's fucking nice doll.

Anyway, I do have the PS1 game digitally from PSN on my PS3 and I played through the school once. You are correct as I get really fucked by SH1 and just want to get into safety of save room and QUIT GAME more as the minutes in any of it's environments goes by.

I had same with SH2 and Same more than SH2 but less than SH1, but SH2 even still at times makes me just shut it half way done.

Biggest thing making SH2 have less impact these days is knowing it from memory. one big pisser for me in SH1 and SH3 still is just the fact I have no idea what to do. That is powerful when you are asking yourself to go out there in middle of darkness where monsters lurk just to try to find something you could make into your next destination. That feeling is very fucking weird and powerful which is probably why puzzling is part of horror games as it is today.... If today was like 17 years ago fuck current year.

1 > 2 = 3 > 4
The gap between the first three is microscopic, though. I love the games almost equally.

Also, posting this absolute gem of SH2's OST:
>Making Peace, Silent Hill 2
youtube.com/watch?v=Zmqx9OfNcGA

>playing SH3 before finishing SH1
this mistake will never cease to make me feel sad.
But yeah, SH1 is still the scarier game of the series for me, and perhaps one of the spookiest games of all time. People really underestimate the power of great directing and audio-work.

I dunno about that "feeling lost" part though; the games tend to guide you gently from point A to B. There's just often a lot of open space and optional areas to check out in-between.

I felt like that too in the beginning of getting into this series. But you'll eventually ease into the eerie feeling of playing. Also once you beat them the first time, it becomes a lot easier and a much more rewarding experience during replays.

We posting best music now?
youtube.com/watch?v=XHZnrGaEBdg

It is weird. But my favorite track in SH2 soundtrack is definitely White Noiz. It is also part of my favorite scene in the game and I cannot really say why it is that scene in paricular in sea of very great moments

In more psychological sense. Your feeling of anxiousness can be multipied a lot depending on the temperament of your personality just by introducing uncertainty of your situation.

as in; by the time I get to the apartments in SH3 I am way fucking more fucked and "fuck me don't want" screaming in my soul than say SH3 and the prison; though I am also likely to shut the game from sheer atmosphere, combination of ambient and silence and other shit fucking me like abusive mother.

>Was Harry autistic?
Honestly seemed that way to me, but I guess it was just awkward writing/voice acting and not intended
>What happened to his wife?
Dead, but she's probably irrelevant
>was Cheryl a reincarnation of Alessa or what
A splinter of Alessa souls or something, which she has separated to save herself from total corruption and pain and slow down the demon birth process
>was Alessa still alive or just a ghost?
Alive, I think
> Why would Dahlia try to make her 14 year old daughter give birth to a demon shouldn't she have waited a bit?
I don't think she really had a choice in that, since the pregnancy was triggered by a sufficient amount of suffering. When it kicked in, it kicked in, but I guess it was impossible to predict when exactly it would happen
>where the FUCK were all the people in the town
Killed by the demons or absorbed by they realm I always assumed

That's an amazing track, m8. It's one of those that I play in the background as ambience.
youtube.com/watch?v=BMkLwDBY0e0
Another favourite:
>Forest/Looking for Mommy
youtube.com/watch?v=tLq9DnkZHfU
SH3's OST is absolutely snappy, my guy.
>A Stray Child, Silent Hill 3
youtube.com/watch?v=2f0UdKPQ6wo
I also love the intro theme:
>You're Not Here, Silent Hill 3
youtube.com/watch?v=WDCktKqHBGQ

1>4>2>3

>Forest
Lost?!

What did you like better about 4? Curious.

>I also love the intro theme
Every time I start it up I have to listen to it.

I would routinely let the intros to 1 and 3 play out before starting my session.

2's intro takes so damn long to trigger that I almost never watched it.

These things always scared the shit out of me
Can they even attack you?

*blocks your path*

No, they just messed with your radio for spooks.

>6. where the FUCK were all the people in the town
This is what people will take as reason to make craziest of SH deeplores but fuck it.

As far as games infer there may be people. You meet some people, that is most of the people in the town if not all.

One scene in the game talks about people leaving the town - so... Probably maybe people just left.
Also... People just disappeared. there is no higher explanation and FFS the lizards are not people harry.

Reminder of these neat, unused monsters discovered in the game!
Also, some more music:
>Tears Of..., Silent Hill
youtube.com/watch?v=2UJOl1P4KQw

Holy shit those things would freak me the fuck out. Should have been end game monsters for sure. Also 1 really did have some gems on it's OST.

I like the overall structure of the game, and the main theme - isolation in a single flat without any communication with the outside world then opening the door for the first time was cathartic.
The gameplay is nice too, for the first time in the series they added mechanical depth to the survival aspect - limited inventory, lack of fire arms, interesting ghost system (you need a protection from the ghosts, you need to protect your room, you need to manage Swords Of Obedience in order to walk through certain areas and not get a lot of damage from unique ghosts, etc.).
I even like the returnings to the old areas, I believe SH4 has a really great pacing overall thanks to the interesting system with your room. Hauntings are great and spooky, and the plot is provided in interesting ways - reading journal entries makes sense for the first time ever in video games. Slow realisation of who you are and who wrote these messages - I liked it a lot.

Overall, one of my favorite SH games, but I always will value the original SH more, because it's my first SH game. Even the first game has better gameplay than 2 and 3 to my liking.

I was looking for this track for a long time.
Thanks

Post more cute SH stuff
pls

I really do need to fire it up and replay it again. It really does have good atmosphere and the different mechanics really make it a neat addition to the series.

Do it, it's really good.

People hate on this game because it's different and because they think that it's not a real Silent Hill game, like it was developed, and then Konami just slapped Silent Hill onto it and released it. It's wrong. It was starting as a different project, but early in the development they transformed it into a SH game and tied it into previous games.

guy who did not finish SH1 or 4 yet here; same.
I now even have the game on PS2 so... No dealing with crashy PC version even.

>SMT
>Rez
I like you

1>2>3>4

Silent Hill 1 is pure distilled horror and despair, while the others have that "muh psychological issues".

I would say I have a pretty OK PS2 collection when the fact remains I got a modded PS2 as a gift in 2011, not owning any PS2 before that time, and yet I have pretty good amount of PS2 games on disc given I been collecting them only for 6 years and I have not actually gotten new PS2 games in few years now.

Having Silent Hill 2 on disc is actually important because for whatever reason only game that actually will not boot because of my modchip is... Silent hill 2 but nothing newer? Ok then. So I have to disable my modchip to play SH2 and when you disable your modchip it is kinda good to have actual disc at that point.

Which is the reason for my 3 copies. Middle SH2 is my first copy. It is reprint that was still sold as spanking new in 2011/2012 (so is my SH3) - but SH2 reprints were based on the first normal version, not director's cut. Second copy I got is first one: the original cardboard box EUR release with elaborate design and making-of DVD you can see also in Twin Perfect channel.

Last copy I got my hands on for only 2 eur or something is the dreaded "platinum" version which is also the director's cut of SH2 so fugly box fuglied box art but the best version.