Any gw2 players?

youtube.com/watch?v=N3KWOxFvoXo
What does it mean?
I am new to gw2 and started with PoF(so this is the only part of story I have finished).
So we get story beetwen expansions?
I thought the story will be continued in next expansion?
Also I assume that most of the trailer are the past events right?

>GW2 living story
One of the worst concepts in gaming. I it's true, games like WoW could use an update once in a whole to maintain their chronological setting. But to outright remove content and late put it behind a paywall? Fucking retarded.

Also
>GW2
>lore
>Story
It is perhaps one of the worst writing in videogames, it makes WoW look like Tolkien.

>It is perhaps one of the worst writing in videogames, it makes WoW look like Tolkien.
This, 1st GW had awesome lore and they fucking gutted it like hell. 2nd installment is just some fairy-tale that is going on in Tyria.

Any to answer your question OP and not whone about the game, hes living world is basically free story that occurs between expansions and yes most of what youve seen in the trailer have happened so far

Aren't they litterally killing off the human gods now?
When they said it was taking place 250 years after GW1 people should have been alerted because that is the biggest sign the new devs have every intention of ignoring old lore.

Well I haven't played the core gw2 and first expansion but the second expansion story was actually nice.

>Second story was actually nice
In what way?
>Hey guys, big plant dragon, we're sorry about saladsues being the biggest problem in the game so we made most bad.

I fucking hate this game, but I love femsuras. What do I do? Go back to GW1?

What is the best class for tagging in WvW?

PoF was just about a lore-raped character REEEEEing the whole time.

T R A H E A R N E

I always use my Necro Staff build with fuck loads of wells.

Even better now that you can actually be useful and spec into Scourge and spam everything everywhere for funzies.

D E A D
E
A
D

This is first expansion.
I am talking about second expansion so joko, Vlast, Human gods etc.

Well it was the best salad in game.
Also the sidequest with his sword was fun.

>Throwing in Joko after all the GW1 fags realized the devs weren't making it a GW lore game
Top keku, also aren't all the human gods getting killed?

>But to outright remove content and late put it behind a paywall? Fucking retarded.
They stopped doing that after Season 1 in Living Story. Season 2 and 3 haven't removed any sort of content, and it's been delivered in the form of permanent maps and events.

It's still behind pay wall.

>axe no longer hits 3 enemies
>can no longer throw traps
>spirits no longer move
>pets are still retarded as fuck
wew lad, what the fuck happened to my ranger

right now its flamethrower engi or short bow thief

>also aren't all the human gods getting killed
no

Only one got killed in gw2
Rest is leaving (probably besides Lyssa)
So the old gods are probably coming back (like Dhuum, maybe Menzis etc.)

no they are not?

you are now a might bot

>the warrior build is now called bannerbitch
just fucking end my whole career famalam

Of course. They want you to keep logging in at least every 2 weeks or whatever so you keep the game fresh in mind and unlock the episodes to play.

Axe is a good weapon now
throwing traps was retarded
moving spirit was cool but OP they should have just nerfed it
Finally with soulbeast you can merge

every 2-3 months doesn't really keep the game fresh in your mind

Fairy tale plus self-insert special needs lesbian transgender fanfic masturbation.

Shit's a joke. GW1 wasn't fucking Tolkien, but it had pretty decent world building, even if the lore was run-of-the-mill fantasy + gods stuff. Probably around the same level of Dark Souls "lore".

Which character? Braham, I'm guessing?

Or is it Marjory?

Both are off their fucking rockers.

are living world 2 or 3 worth picking up outside of the mastery points? I just got both expansions and i'm still working my way through heart of thorns.

Thats honestly a hard choice. Gw2 is where good lore becomes sjw marvel tier quipfests while WoW is where good lore just stops making sense and loses all consistency. I honestly cant say which evil I'd prefer, both are horrendous.

>Probably around the same level of Dark Souls "lore"
lol gw1 babbies are this desolusional
who cares about lore, the only good aspect of the game is spvp and wvw and even that is going down the shitter

ls3 maps are a good source of ascended trinkets

Delusional GW2 baby. GW2 never had anything going for it except it was a sequel to GW1.

Literally the only redeeming part of gw2s lore is rytlock, a fucking furry.

then please do tell me a mmo with good pvp, im not a nostalgia faggot fanboy

Did you read my post, retard?

The first sentence I state, "GW1 wasn't fucking Tolkien, but it had pretty decent world building"

All the story can basically be skipped, but for people who enjoy "lore" it's out there for you to find and talk with NPCs to find more. It's in the same vein as Dark Souls games where lore isn't shoved in your face, but rather if you take the time to read item descriptions, and find pieces of lore around the explorable area, you learn more and there is a decent world building feel to it.

Both GW1 and Dark Souls don't have remarkable "lore" (note I did put "lore" in quotes next to Dark Souls for a reason), but I really prefer it to be there only if the player wishes to seek more of it, and in that sense the lore, despite being pretty typical stuff, is good enough.

They're all equally shit and were never on the same league as GW1.

GW2 doesn't even have GvG lol

>No Guild Wars in Guild Wars 2.
>Still no guild capes to this day.
>"We don't have the tech for it"

God, these people need need to die already.

did you read mine? let me explain to you then, gw1 lore is not on the same level of dark souls, not even close

I play automated tournaments with some guild mates

>GW2 doesn't even have GvG lol
>I play automated tournaments with some guild mates
You're funny user. Keep posting.

>no new raids
>no new fractals
>no new dungeons

Shite expansion, no hype for this "LS4", it's a glorified single quest chain that is over in 2 hours and boring open world map you run out of things to do in after a few days.

>"We don't have the tech for it"
>proceeds to create giant wing backpacks with the 100th Quaggan design with super sparkly galaxy filter effects

yeah just like in nightfall

New raid and new fractal is coming this month with ls4 start.

I think you can buy backpack with your guild logo in guild hall.

Too little too late.

GW2 has no good lore, they traded the distinctiveness of the old lore for megaman dragon masters that muck around doing fuck all while jackasses fail to deal with them for over 250 years.

It's like 3 moths after expansion also there was halloween event.

I think they realised it after HoT,
and right now are trying to take the lore more to it's roots.

The halloween event is terrible, worse than those sorry excuses for endgame content they released in the new PoF maps.

ANet can't keep hiding and delay content behind shitty "festivals".

The last raid wing came out 10 months ago.

Well the backpack collection was ok.
But I am not fan of this event either.
Anyway I hope the new raid will be good.