The endings were just so bad!

>the endings were just so bad!
What would your "perfect ending" be then?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x5v2nxe
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Make the plot about the Spread of Dark energy and Reapers actually trying to prevent the forthcoming death of the universe

and for people for say this is a shit idea there's absolutely no way you can justify the official plot being "synthetics wipe out synthetics and organics so synthetics won't kill organics"

The Normandy SR-2 was the first Reaper.

Jeff Goldblum gives the Reapers a cold. A virus. A COMPUTER virus.

The ending itself wasn't bad, the problem was that it had no relevance to your decisions which is what was promised.

Ultimately it's just a shitty game the same as ME2. People overreacted and EA didn't have to fucking rewrite the ending.

Get rid of the star brat. Make my choices throughout the trilogy actually matter. Have one ending in which everything is fucked. One ending in which Shepard dies but everyone else is okay. Another ending in which Shepard lives and retires with his LI. Just end the fucking game after the scene with Admiral Anderson dying on the Citadel.

Honestly, there needs to be a lot more fixed with Mass Effect 2 and 3 for the ending to be completely reworked but this is where I'd start.

kek

Shephard kamehamehas all the reapers and lives happily ever after

How about, one definitive, conclusive ending?

The Dark Matter plot introduced in Tali's loyalty mission would be the final element in the plot. The Reapers are harvesting humans in particular in order to combat the rising spread of the Dark Matter. The Reapers can stop the dark matter if they can harvest enough human matter. Shepard is able to decided between sacrificing the human race to save everyone else (Renegade) or destroy the Reapers and attempt to stop the Dark Matter their selves (Paragon). The ending could be left ambiguous enough for potential sequels but it have a definitive end of the Reapers no matter what. Shepard doesn't have to die, your friends don't have to be scattered to the winds and the threat would be over.

KROGAN COCK

One where the choices throughout the games actually matter.

This; an ending choice between letting the Reapers consume the galaxy in order to produce enough energy to save the universe from entropy, or killing the reapers but surrendering the universe to the void and star death would have been kino.

SO GOOD

Yeah, they list off things happening in far away galaxies that you apparently triggered.
Not as impactful as say, the Witcher describing the fate of specific people in Velen.

>No low EMS ending that let's you betray everyone and become a reaper in order to save yourself

I don't know if that's how I would execute it but at the very least you might be able to SYMPATHIZE with their cause. In Mass effect 3 there's no reason that you'd actually want to spare them because what they're essentially played off as is a flawed program that goes against it's own ethics. It's retarded, Bioware missed a golden opportunity of giving us a respectable enemy and settled on some stupid shit

You can sorta of justify if reapers went the kill everyone route to preserve the sustenance of life in the galaxy, one a civilization reaches a certain level of firepower, nuking planets and making them uninhabitable for thousand of years or outright incapable of sustaining life ever again is totally possible.

We had krogans transforming their planet into a wasteland, humans overusing earth resources to the point the planet might never recover, batarians were willing to use a giant meteor to nuke a human world and possible destroy that world forever, the galaxy was already a free for all before the reapers showed up.

I could see the reapers acting as protectors of life itself, not just of civilizations, in this way they would preserve civilizations in digital forms while saving and preserving habitable words from being harvested or destroyed in wars.

Or they could just make the reapers the same kind of aliens as in crysis, they simply allow life to flourish because organic life will always produce new and interesting technologies, and they come back every 50,000 to harvest new stuff, we would be no better than farm animals for them, and the galaxy just a huge farm.

they could've presented that in a more effective manner but it comes off as them killing organics so they don't get killed by their synthetics

An ending that your actions build towards. An ending that is chosen for you based on the action you take in the game before it all concludes. Being able to pick whatever ending you want at the end could potentially render everything you've done completely pointless.

they should not have tried so hard to explain the reapers.

the story to mass effect is very similar to an episode of star trek called the doomsday machine.
in the episode kirk and crew stumble upon a massive machine that floating around in space destroying random planets. it is composed of materials and technology they have never seen before. they date it to be older than anything in the known universe by an extreme margin. they eventually destroy the thing at the end of the episode and I think it was Spok that asks kirk "who would build a weapon like this and for what purpose?"
Kirk offers his theory explaining that it's a doomsday weapon. that maybe a very long time ago an ancient civilization who we can't even imagine was at war and they built large weapons as deterrents, never intending to use the weapon or that's how it is supposed to go but something maybe went wrong. the civilization is long gone but the weapon still remains here to this very day mindlessly going about it's programmed task, to destroy planets. a horrible relic of a forgotten people.

obviously this was a reference to the cold war but it's also pretty similar to the reaper story of mass effect. I think it would have been better if they chose to tackle it like star trek did, leaving it unknown and larger than life.

dailymotion.com/video/x5v2nxe

"The ending is bad" is just a cognitive trick.
The ending is the point at which the average player realised the last 40 hours of play time have been contingent on something else happening for them to make them worthwhile.

It was a fucked up story from Mass Effect 2 onwards, so there was no possibility for a satisfying ending.

I thought it did fine with saying goodbye to your allies just before the london fight being the end, and everything with the admiral/laser/space baby just being a shitty final cutscene

essentially the last 3 hours were the ending and it was just the tail end that was bad

Shouldn't have promised more than it could deliver. I don't think people would have cared as much if they didn't run their mouths.