It's time, Sup Forums

Everyone's favorite part of everyone's favorite game.

I really don't think Blighttown's all that bad though. It's definitely one of, if not the, worst parts of the game.

but srsly, how high was miyazaki

Any part of a Fallout game where I get to go Rodrigo Duterte on raiders, mercs, or the Legion.

A winter or snow level on any game. Also Unironically the Edonia chapters in Chris's campaign. Re6 is far from my favorite game...but I loved that shit.

How are the graphics so good?

The journey through the sewers to blight town to quelaag so you can ring the second bell is my favorite part of the entire game.

You can't teleport at that point, so when you finally get back to firelink you feel like you just completed an adventure and you're incredibly grateful to see the sun again

It was trash on PS3 because of the lag, it's a nice level otherwise lots of little secrets and pathways plus there's an optional path to take to make it easier plus the whole leading to great hollow and what not.

On pc it's pretty much the best level. I love the verticality. Makes you play more cautiously too. The fear of toxic was overblown.

This is my first time going through Dark Souls. I've heard the horror stories of Blighttown and they almost scared me away. I think I went through the ******""""""""{{wRoNg}}""""""""****** way though. I got to it from the Valley of Drakes.

I think I was lucky getting the black knight sword so early in the game. I haven't stopped using it since. I've had it up to +4 for a while now too. The bosses have been dropping like flies.

Yeah if you get the spider shield in the sewers, toxin is a non-issue

You can go through at any time you want to, so it's not the "wrong" way. I'd say as long as you're geared enough to kill the two fat fucks blocking the entrance, you can handle anything down there

It's basically VoD from Demon's except more vertical.
From really likes poison swamps for some reason

I wish there was a swamp that wasn't poison, but caused bleed or something instead.

>step out of the water
>there's leeches stuck to you

On my very first playthrough of Dark Souls a friend told me how to go in the back way and said it was way less of a pain. I did it and have been doing it ever since, I don't think I've ever gone through the front of Blighttown

The first time I played Dark Souls I went through the back door but got lost and ended up going through the entire level backwards.
Good times

so a status effect identical in everything except name? what imagination

It is way easier but you miss out on some stuff, the Iaito, the ninja set, Power Within

It's actually part 1 and 2 of VoD combined and condensed. Has the exact same npc fight in the swamp too.

bleed isn't identical to posion

people tend to exaggerate blighttown's difficulty

the only difficulty comes from the toxic snipers and once they are dead they don't respawn
also the terrible FPS drops but that only happens in consoles anyways

It's fine, not even close to the shitfest that is the shrine of amana

>DeS: 1 swamp
>DaS: 1 swamp
>DaS2: no swamp
>DaS3: THREE SWAMPS

It's a struggle the first time especially with the framedrops but you miss out on some dope items if you don't complete it. Of course if you don't need those items the master key shortcut is always there

I'm pretty sure dark souls 3 has this somewhere.

They had to compensate for swamp insecurities

I didn't realize what I was doing and ended up going to the front door of Blighttown and got irritated that I couldn't open it.

I'm super thankful I went in the VoD way though. Sneaking up on those fat fucks never disappoints.

obnoxious cocksuckers

And it's V E R Y N A I S U since there's a swamp for basically everything. Basically-a-crawl-speed walking swamp, shitty poison swamp, an I feel like there's a toxic swamp in there somewhere too. And if there isn't a toxic swamp, I'll consider that shithole with lava where you fight shitty fake Tarkus in the Smouldering Lake my fallback.

fuck swamps

>I feel like there's a toxic swamp in there somewhere too

Not really. There's a few toxic spots on the ground in the King's Garden before Oceiros, if you want to call 2 black puddles a "swamp"

PC: DSFix mod

Blight town wasn't bad at all, but I played on PC with a descent frame rate and never fell off accidentally .

The swamps in 3 would have been fine if they had put in the rusted iron ring.

>going in completely blind for the first time in Blighttown
>the sheer amount of pants-shitting terror when first encountering a ghoul

I don't know, played it on the 360 and didn't find it all that bad. Wish I was invading there once I got into the grove of DaS1 much more often.

>Lost the 20k from Quelaag to that fucking tree branch bridge

>DLC adds more swamps.
>Right before the second swamp an NPC calls the entire ringed city one big stinky toilet.

Blighttown is great. The main reason people hated it when the game was new because it ran like complete shit on consoles. It's a really good area when you remove the hardware limitations.

Frigid Outskirts in DS2. Having a full party of people going through that blizzard and then to the two cats was really intense. Fuck those horses.

I actually like Quelaags fun land.

People just have shitty memories from playing it at 6fps on consoles.

>Bittersprings