You bought Guilty Gear during all these sales right? You've started to practice, RIGHT?

You bought Guilty Gear during all these sales right? You've started to practice, RIGHT?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, I bought it on launch. Just got 3rd place in a local this Saturday.

Why would I play that piece of trash when the superior BlazBlue exists?

Nah I'm not into QWOP games

been playing f\since early 2016

see my I-No I will fuck you up

I fucking a did bought Revb2 and it's Nice as fuck but i "played" story mode for like an hour and it honest to god an anime? Is ir all like this?

Don't i get to fight between chapters?

Sure did, scrub.

Nope. Sit back and enjoy.

I just did, actually. Still downloading though.

yea, im getting good

It's on sale for $16 on PSN but I just cant pull the trigger I know it will be too hard for me. IAD alone seems like a chore, and the game is super dead too.

I'll probably just get Marvel instead. At least dashes are easier.

Thats weird

Episode mode which basically fills in on certain events in Story Mode has fights. You also get a cool color scheme for whatever character's episode you're doing.

Marvel Infinite is going to die sooner than Guilty Gear. That game is even more brainless than Marvel 3, and people don't have patience for that anymore.

PS4 Lobby?

Will they ever introduce Ram's Story Mode costume like they did with El? Guess it would be more difficult since a lot of her attacks use the cloak.

But I did Sol.

Your butthurt is showing.

Both games aren't alive by SF5 standards. No need to try to argue who is the king of the losers.

Haven't. Don't know why I should when I bought Revelator on release and didn't find anyone I liked to continue learning the game with.

Not saying this for GG's sake, I'm just disappointed in the game's direction, especially when it came to character gameplay design. The game has too much shit that gets on people's nerves. It won't be any more active than Marvel 3 was last year, because those die hards are the only ones that will keep playing. I think GG retains its players a bit better, so I think it's more worth the investment.

What are good characters for beginners?
Venom seems cool but I'm afraid I'd be in over my head.

is this the LAST one, just updates and we aren't getting another one?

i don't see any NEWS about anything new, i don't care if this version gets new characters, i just want my final version to buy

Sol and Ky are good for beginners but you should play who you want to play

I bought revelator at launch on steam but then realized the only character I enjoy playing is Jam.

guess I'll wait for a better discount on Rev2, it's not really worth it for me atm

Venom is one of the most unique characters in the game and FG games in general. There's no real "fundamental" character like Ryu, the closest thing is Sol and Ky, so just learn whoever you think is fun.

>dead as fuck
>gameplay is shit
>insert anyone telling you to play gg is an animal quote here
xrd was a mistake

If you have a character you like, what keeps you from playing? You shouldn't really fool around with too many characters, it's hard enough to learn one.

I enjoy playing multiple characters in fighting games. Sure I do keep a main but for me it's fun to keep things fresh and avoid getting bored by playing different characters

in BB, SFV, T7 and KOFXIV there's at least 3 characters I enjoy, but in GG only Jam clicked for me

Nah, I'm waiting for DBFZ

Bought Killer Instinct instead, it just feels better to play and has better-looking characters, plus Shadow Lords is more engaging than whatever ArcSys puts out for story modes each game.

Yup, got a buddy who i'm playing with 2-3 times a week. Good to have someone on the same skill level to practice with.

I play jack o on ps3 xrd 1. dlc upgrade to xrd 2 isn't on sale. PS4 xrd 2 isn't cheap physical, waiting game for withe

I played it all weekend trying to get gud at potenkim but holly fuck,this shit seems impossible.

>Play against a bunch of good players that knows their shit
>Since i'm getting my shiot wrecked without knowing what to do i decided to look for advice
>Tried to find every unsafe move for the MU i was having trouble.
>Decide to not even try to win, i just want to see iwhat works againstwhat
>Nothing fucking works, can't really figure out what teh fuck is wrong.
>Proceeds to get annihilated yet again.
>Lost so much to the dudes i usually play that when i enter the lobby the purposely play bad so they can extend the round because i'm such a shitter, to the point the sin player would purpusely not refil his hunger bar.

Idk why i'm even trying to be honest.

Play UNI[st] instead

I bought it before the sales.

It's not that dead. I usually get a game without much issue, even if I run into the same players regularly.

Sol, Ky, Raven, Sin and Leo. You should really just do all of their training missions and see who you like the feel of, though.

If you're gonna give up, just give up now. I recommend trying someone else. Grapplers are already hard to play and Potemkin is unbelievably weak compared to other aksys grapplers.

kys

Pot vs Sin is a shitty matchup. Pot involves a lot of knowing where to IB to make gaps, and how to block out of situations. You won't always get to IB Pot buster strings if people know what they are doing, instead you just have to accept using Faultless defense and returning the situation back to neutral.

Try some other characters. There might be one that resonates with you better, and then you can just learn Pot on the side until you can handle him in a proper match, that is if you still want to learn him after that.

No, I bought it when it first came out and ABA still isn't in it so I have to play I-no.

Dude, I bought BBCF. Fuck guilty gear.

I miss ABA and Zappa

You and me both my nigg.

Those two were great.

I'm trying to practice but I can't settle on a main. I do well against retards at least.

Just play ky and lock people in corners, 10/10 salt factory.

already have rev 2, just bought haehyun and dizzy

I did back on the Halloween sale but my computer runs it like shit. I can't afford a console I just want to git gud at Bedman.

Guilty Gear is still a great game, boyo. I'd recommend getting it when you have enough money again.

But real shit...is RAAM /our guy/?

I would get Xrd Rev, but I wouldn't be able to buy the Rev2 upgrade. I bought Ultra Moon, have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on Prime pre-order, and bought Tekken 7 on sale for $22.

I bought it but I don't know whether I should practice GG or SF. I am poop at fighting games but willing to practice.

>blazblue fags are so irrelevant they have to shit other fightan threads because theirs immediately die

Nah I just cheese people with zato and johnny. People can't deal with invite hell or yrc zweihander

Fuck off Sol, you're a gay main character and you looked better before Xrd anyway.

I got it back at release, just like the last ones.
If I were to make a room right now, would any of you join? I am a total scub so no pressure to be good or anything, just play.

>angelfag
>playing kof
>or any fighting game for that matter

>xturd

Yeah. The first Xrd Sign. I was a BlazBlue player, but the last I played was only Continuum Shift so there's so much to relearn here. Doing tutorial from the very basic because why not. After this, I'm gonna do Story Mode because the animation is actually the sole reason I'm interested in Xrd Sign in the first place. Maybe I'll main Millia because she's a qt. That may or may not change depending on if I can find a better character that clicked with me.

/blog

No different from pretty much everyone else on this board. At least they give me some /e/ shit to look at.

IM CONFLICTED, IS THE DEAL GOOD NOW OR IT WILL CHEAPER FOR XMASS?

Luna Goodgirl

what is it right now?

>Gay.
>When has canonically had sex and is fucking his resurrected wife every day.

>tfw Justice was just a fucking life support suit
>always thought it was metal as fuck that he had sex with someone that got turned into some robot dragon bee thing

>t. butthurt sol fag

If it’s PS4 I’ll join

>Get back on after not playing the game for a solid 2 months

>Lose 12 out of 14 matches in a row

Doesnt help that I basically forgot all rams decent setups to open people up and hit confirms

Well see you make in january when im motivated to play again for dbz fighterz

I wish I had an Iron Lung that let me blow away countries.
If we ever get her back(whenever we start getting new characters again.) I want her original form back. Looks better than the weird Eva thing that is in Xrd.

PS4
ID: agq6
Again, bad so don't expect much. I don't even have a "main" yet.

Not on PC.

Password?

Shit, my bad, just went through the motions, forgot it saved everything.
ID: olqh
Should be no password requirement now.

>Really shit at game.
>Haven't won a single online match.
>Told to try someone easier (not pot)
>Can't
>He's too fucking cool

I'm new to GG and latched onto venom from pretty much the beginning and am slowly getting better and having fun playing with my balls all day just bUrself and play who you think is cool. As long as you practice and try to make good habits from the start you'll be fine.

Just got it. Debating learning Elphelt, Slayer, or Faust.

As a guy who only plays Street Fighter and UNIB, this game feels really awkward in terms of movement and combos. Guess I'll get used to it.

youtube com/watch?v=-m_gdY1tIEs
Heres some good pot stuff that might be helpful to learn

Nothing showing up when I put in the ID

One more time.
7p56

worth purchasing? generally like fighting games especially when they're in 2d. don't mind a bit of a learning curve as long as the multiplayer is alive

I warned you, man. GGs though.

GG’s

Bought it well before now. And I don't need to practice, think, adapt, react, learn, or read my opponent. I play Leo.

but doesn't leo get BTFO by jack-o?

I now understand why this board hates Jack-O.

I hate any waifu trash, ABA isn't in because she isn't waifu enough.

Yet you still play these games.

any steam scrubbers wanna play with me? I haven't played in ages, I'm probably trash.

Steam is Scege

>tfw Justice was just a fucking life support suit
No she wasn't. Aria was converted into a Gear in a method similar to Sol. Her Gear body was made when Gear Cells were much more matured as a technology but also had much more restraints put in.

This is too much lore to put in one post but basically the only thing that classifies something as a "Gear" is any life form with Gear Cells in its cellular makup and DNA.

Gear cells and all magic in GG is created from manipulating the Backyard. Which simply put, is the source code for reality. Think of the universe as an organic computer program. The Backyard is the source code running in the background and magic is basically just life hacks to manipulate natural phenomena to do unnatural things.

Gear cells are a "Frankenstein cell" made from using magic to figuratively chop up different animals on a cellular level and put them back together using only the strong bits. This was meant to be for medical purposes only as it would render any life form with them immune to disease and expand the natural life span. The problem is that it also gave the hosts limitless strength, stamina, and durability on top of extending the lifespan potentially indefinitely.

Justice is Aria's body as a Gear. She went in contact with the Backyard which caused the Universal Will (tl;dr thing that wants to kill humanity) to attempt to hijack control of Justice. Asuka (AKA That Man) destroyed manual access to Justice to prevent the hijack. This also shredded Aria's consciousness across the backyard in a manner similar to the mind rape scene from NGE and output enough energy to vaporize Japan. With only fragments of Aria's consciousness, Justice developed it's own sentience and decided to exterminate the human race.

Her body is anything but life support. In fact the Gear cells in her body remain a one for one conduit to the backyard. Even though the body is dead.

I got payed today, I'll have time to buy it but I don't know if I should pull the trigger or wait to buy Gravity Rush 2, I basically bought a PS4 for that game, and Bloodborne.

What do?

pick Faust. He's not as linear as the other characters, but once you learn all his specials he's really fun to play.

was there some sort of Leo event today? there were like 8 different Leo players at the online lobby I played in.

Shit alright, I heard from a few people that justice was basically something they shoved aria into.

GG lore has a lot of cool details but it's kind of hard to keep track of it when you're not an OG lorefag.

If you're interested in learning more I really recommend using the in game GG World glossary. It has details that I had to spend the better part of my youth in early 00s fan sites and blogs to find.

If you just want the basics, Xrd Sign with general knowledge of the early stuff (what the crusades were, Sol, Ky, and Dizzy meeting in GGX, basic stuff like that) is the best starting point. You're not missing anything absolutely vital to understand outside of that.

I'm just wondering how justice went from slightly taller than faust or some shit to MECHA ANIME ROBOT

Is there any retcon that irks GG fans in general? Or just any retcon at all. I don't mind mild spoiler.

Eh after 26 lose streak. I'm starting to think fighting games aren't for me

Make sure to get PS4. PC is dead

No yeah, it is for PS4, I just don't if I should buy GG or use that money for GR2

>26
Man I wish I was still at 26.