So...is this game actually a classic, or is it just old man Sup Forums nostalgia-ing?

So...is this game actually a classic, or is it just old man Sup Forums nostalgia-ing?

Also, anyone played with the new GMDX mod? Is it required for a first playthrough?

its nostalgia classes
the plot is literally "the Illuminati did it!"
its trash

Played in the for the first time early this year. It's really good. You need to install mods to it like you one you mentioned.

Amazing for its time, but outdated now. So yes, it's a classic.

You outed yourself as a newfag once you did that summarization of the plot, post-2014 baby.

Playing through it now with GMDX, really enjoying it honestly. It definitely feels dated but if you're able to appreciate how much thought they put into it and how much cool shit they thought of that didn't exist in any other games at the time you'll enjoy it.

Also the guy above is right it's basically illuminati did it, the whole game feels like it was written by some redpilled 90s sysadmin and it's great.

I dunno. I'm up in the air about it so far. Seems pretty boring. This is my first time playing. I am looking for the power generator for the warehouse. think I found the area since I found a bunch of NSF fags suddenly in a building. Not very exciting of a game so far. The only reason I'm stealthing now is that combat seems so horrible. The good thing about the game is it seems there are multiple ways to solve problems.

It's legitimately one of the greatest games ever made. It took a bit to grab me, but by the time I finished the airport level I was completely hooked.

>mfw Daedalus talks to you for the first time

Once you get to Hell's Kitchen it's incredible, so many different people to talk to and things to do.

>So...is this game actually a classic, or is it just old man Sup Forums nostalgia-ing?
both
>Also, anyone played with the new GMDX mod? Is it required for a first playthrough?
yes, no

>The only reason I'm stealthing now is that combat seems so horrible.

What is wrong with the gameplay?

>You need to install mods to it like you one you mentioned.
Vanilla is fine and mods are completely optional, except for kentie exe, which comes bundled with steam version as far as i know

I just finished it yesterday. The story is way overrated but the game itself is great. Plenty of ways to go about objectives and interesting powers. The gunplay takes some getting used to if you don't want to just stealth the entire game but the game throws accuracy upgrades for your guns at you all the time. I think I upgraded my rifle skill once and was still able to easily clear rooms. It's really cool how the devs anticipated different ways in which the player would try to break the game and took them into consideration.

The shooting relies on rpg stats, don't forget to level your combat skill of choice and install addons on guns

>DeusExSwordJump.webm
i expected to see some cool trick, and you just jump with aug while holding a sword, oh well

>accuracy upgrades
>shooting relies on rpg stats

The game throws you a laser pointer on the first level. You are shooting 100% accurately at any distance within 10 minutes of starting the game. Skill upgrades are basically completely worthless in this game outside of the first levels of hacking and swimming.

The shooting is unresponsive, reload times are very long, switching weapons takes forever, enemies are bullet sponges... ect.
Its RPG shooting, not FPS shooting. It feels bad

I like games where you can upgrade the movement to get to places you wouldn't be able to at the beginning of the game. I thought being able to jump to there was cool at least.

Max hacking takes a ton less time and lasts longer. Lockpick and electronics make your life a lot easier, especially towards the end of the game where every door is 90% or higher.

yes it's a classic
anyone who doesn't like it is a mong

It gives you ONE lazer, and i think i only found a second one in the last 3rd of the game.
Of course it should be a rare item but it only goes on one gun, and if your playing stealthily its going to go on the crossbow, like 90% of players did.

What difficulty are you playing on? I played on realistic and enemies didn't seem like bullet sponges. A sniper shot to the head killed human enemies and the dragon tooth would kill in one or two hits.

>reload times are very long
Upgrade your weapon skills and use reload canisters.

>shooting is unresponsive
Maybe at the very beginning of the game but you'll start getting really accurate later on.

>The shooting is unresponsive
what do you mean
>reload times are very long
reload speed is a stat, get upgrades
>switching weapons takes forever
this too, as far as i remember
>enemies are bullet sponges
not really
aim for the head