Game gets popular

>game gets popular

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lXEm5aaWHgI
youtube.com/watch?v=bTtKV565lgA
youtube.com/watch?v=0MlyEFK3iSM
youtube.com/watch?v=b5Ca_E_-IVE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FLCL played on Adult Swim for years though, that fanbase has been dead for years unfortunately.

They're making a sequel.

>LoGH

Somehow I doubt that.

I really, really, really like that picture.

>

>Defend Siege on release
>New players swarm in every sale
>Sup Forums has stopped telling me the game was DOA and now have threads about it
>Waifushit

Not as bad as the stuff in OP but it still made me a little sad.

fuck homestuck and fuck act 6

>wow
>tf2
>jojo
>rick&morty
>undertale
I’m not sure those things are ‘dead’ dead. They’re not at the height of popularity anymore, but things only remain popular for so long. That’s not news.I’m not sure what’s trying to be conveyed here.

I agree that shit like KLK and ponies are dead tho.

>I am most of this pic
They're gonna take Venture Bros from me one day, I just know it.

>playing ubishit and complaining that it gets overrun with new players
The depths that Sup Forums has fallen to

I unironically hate how Sony lost Dark Souls to Namco and the series became overly popular as a result. Some games need to be exclusive to retain their character.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THERE IS A PONY IN YOUR PICTURE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE BARNEYFAG BARNEYFAG BARNEYFAG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH KILL YOURSELF BARNEYFAG DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

a sequel no one want's and that can't be good.

i think its just complaing about those things cause they have bad fanbases

>Solid beginning to end without the need of a sequel
>Bluh let's make a sequel anyways

It's pretty honest of you to admit that pathetic thought you have.

>tfw anime fighters will never get mainsteam

The spuls series went to shot when the PC Brazillians got hold of it. No joke

>New team working on it
>No Gainax or Trigger touching it at all
>IGPX situation where it's being made for Adult Swim specifically
Surely it will be fine

Can't wait for DBFZ

Not interested in FighterZ and it won't affect the quality of UNIEL or BB's playerbase.

i hate ubisoft but siege is the one game they've made in the past decade that i've enjoyed

if you rewatch it, its not that impressive anymore

>Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Can normies even handle Realpolitik in space?

Missing a Rey from nu wars poster

Aside from Rick and Morty, none of what you listed has nowhere near the popularity it once had.

>wow
It went from being the successor of Everquest to just being the top western MMO. Wording it like that is because Everquest was the only paid MMO people played in the early-2000s and WoW achieved that status for a time.

>tf2
Overwatch happened. Before that, TF2 barely updated over the decade.

>jojo
Once all the normies caught up on Part 8, it just became another monthly manga in people's eyes, like Berserk.

>undertale
It used to have a huge indie following back when the right indie youtube channels shilled it. That's partially the reason for it's success. Now all it has is tumblr.

You're safe, user. VB doesn't have LOL XD type of humor that normies like, besides the time between seasons is fucking long

MLP is extinct now you can go back

Is this fucking real? it looks like pure Fujoshit bait

Doesn't mean that it won't make it popular among the wrong types. For proof see star wars

>Once all the normies caught up on Part 8
This never happened. The normies just follow the anime and think part 2 is the best thing ever.

Are wa nanda!?

Dark Souls has always been popular, all of that "this game is hard" bullshit got to the normies head like crack. There is even a version of the game called "Prepare to die Edition", it makes them wet probaly.

No one watches Toonami.

Great image, add attack on titan

It's real. Kircheis looks even worse. Everyone I've talked to who has seen the original LoGH already denounced it.

What about Petty Officer Louis Mashengo

Kek, demons souls didn't even got to sell 75.000 copies on the first week, even being a low budget game. Today I get why It a "cult hit", Dark Souls got a a bigger budget and a lot of hype on trailers that it was a hard and "original game".

You might as well add this to the list.

>An entire year of constant threads from literally all of Sup Forums treating this game as a gift from god, despite barely any gameplay videos displayed
>Games comes out and surprisingly delivers
>Literally no threads on it after the first 2 weeks
>Someone eventually posts a Mania thread
>"Lel fuck off Sonicfag"
>Thread dies

The LoGH remake is going to be a fucking mistake

youtube.com/watch?v=lXEm5aaWHgI

>game never gets popular

>Not playing games with 200+ page manuals, half of that being autistic number-filled tables

You deserve the normies.

Honestly the fanbase got smaller after season 4, since they started putting out new seasons every 3 years instead of 2.

Why did this need to happen, bros?

Might as well throw Sword Art Online in there while you're at it.

What the fuck

What the fuck?

Code Gaess isn't even a good anime in the first place.

Oh good, I can like Foxy.

i can't wait for Code Geass in space

>sonic

>LoGH remake looks like a disaster
>Gunbuster 3 was announced a while ago
where did everything go so wrong

Madoka has a bad fandom? Since when?

I hope the new Patlabor anime is good. Though I'd prefer the rest of the manga to be translated.

>Gunbuster 3 was announced a while ago
Wait what

tfw am remembering the stupid shit that is the space battles in LOTGH

>red box #1109 shooting blue box #1809 while it cuts to random ships exploding in the background
>despite being set in space, everything is fought on a 2D plane
>all those braindead incompetent admirals in the first half of the story
>Rossencucks BTFO everyone in ground combat (and everyone uses axes for some reason)
>main characters have a crystal ball and Yang especially never loses even with the odds stacked 10 against 1

but laughing at people who get angry about something being popular is half the reason I come here.

blazblue has that western texas anime character now

It's not about having a bad fandom, it's about people moving away from these fandoms as the series itself has gotten stale.

Madoka in general doesn't get any new content, except for that mediocre untranslated phone game.

Madoka threads on Sup Forums have actually been getting better but find one from ~a year ago if you dare. It's really bad.

>Jojo has gotten stale
Yeah no

youtube.com/watch?v=bTtKV565lgA still remains one of my favorite sequences in the whole show.
Can you imagine if they aired it in Sweden or Europe as a whole?
>#notallTerraists

Wait Rick and Morty isn't cool anymore?

>Gunbuster 3 comes out
>everybody compares it to Gurren Lagann

Aren't JJBA, Rick and Morty and Minecraft still very popular though?

When was it cool?

>because of its new popularity the quality goes down significantly in observable and measurable ways
>lol youre such a hipster user you just hate x because its popular

>Western texas anime dude

Most things in the OP pic are, but while their fanbases used to be great they've mostly turned to shit.

Aren't JJBA, Rick and Morty and Minecraft still very popular though?

Compared to the popularity it had 2 years ago once SC was in anime format, the popularity dramatically descended.

>>rick&morty
That sauce fiasco really hit both sides of the fanbase hard? I hardly see R&M stuff anymore coincidentally after the Mcdonalds promotion got out of hand.

Has no effect on the quality of the manga though, which is what I'm saying. That's what it sounded like you were saying when you said "getting stale".

I hate when characters in shows/games are "le tactical geniuses" and all that means is they give an order and it works flawlessly every time.

What's that tattoo Wojak has on his neck?

Stop bullshitting user

Jojo's popularity is still rising as it reached the status where it's the normie choice to marathon and catch up with the rest, pretty much like Hunter x Hunter is having right now.

I like it too.

Guts' brand from Berserk

>cursed mark
YOU DELETE THAT RIGHT THIS INSTANT

>#notallTerraists
They were the worst part of the show, their ebil jewish conspiracies were shit. They were so cartoonishly evil and objectively in the wrong and in the end they turned out to be a big load of nothing.

Jojo's popularity peaked in the 90s and early 00s.

I think everyone's too embarrassed about the whole fiasco to mention the series
plus the latest season has finished airing, it'll ramp back up when the next one starts

one of these characters is not like the other

>people thinking this is lamenting fanbases worsening
>not just about contrarian nerds rejecting anything popular for being popular

Undertale has a massive Eastern fanbase with multiple Undertale-specific cons and events in Korea and Japan.

Its actually quite popular with ironic weebs.

>still no Part 5 anime

The design of RWBY characters isn't awful, the show and especially the fanbase are.

>Be executive in a media company
>Want money
>Generic products are streaming out at a steady pace, making their adequate returns on investment
>Fund some small filler project, don't particularly give a shit since it'll be profitable if it sells at all
>Go back to micromanaging generic drivel

>Fast forward a few months
>What the fuck
>Somehow the product with no funding got massively popular
>Raking in huge returns on investment
>Clearly this is a huge success
>I have to put huge money in here to make huger money
>Now my money is in here
>Personally make sure the product is optimized for popularity
>Return on investment goes down??
>I do not comprehend this

>he thinks fanbases don't almost always get worse when they hit a popularity threshold

It's because of the elitist fanbase that existed 5 years ago that scared people away from BB, GG, Melty Blood, etc.

With FighterZ and that RWBY crossover coming out next year, we might see a spike of anime fighter players.

What's wrong with the DDLC fandom?

Can we take a minute to acknowledge how bad Gunbuster 3 will be?

>gunbuster was considered extremely moe for the 80s
>gunbuster 2 was considered extremely moe for the early 00s
>gunbuster 3 is going to be_________

We went from
youtube.com/watch?v=0MlyEFK3iSM
to
youtube.com/watch?v=b5Ca_E_-IVE
I'm scared what 3 will look like

>great source material so great that even a shitty retelling would have newfags praising it
>now meme studio production Ig
>fujoshit
This has the potential to explode in popularity.

>retards liking your thing means you should stop liking it

>He doesn't understand that the mania threads were only for anticipation and nothing else

>good game is released
>game is popular
>all of the sequels are shit

>good game is released
>game is not popular
>it gets at most one sequel

It's not fair.